AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-20, 06:24   Link #4541
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't understand. Why on earth did they just let the little child go with them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
OK, maybe I'm just stupid, but answer me this: WHY did the government fire a Nuke that exploded above? The only reason was because they wanted to create an EMP. But WHY did they want to create an EMP? Zombies can't use any devices. The only ones that got screwed were the humans.
Yeah this is really bugging me. I find it hard to believe the US government would be that dickish.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 06:59   Link #4542
Wigwams

i think it wasnt intended against the japanese, but instead against north korea and china... for the USA its more of better safe than sorry...
Old 2010-09-20, 07:01   Link #4543
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't understand. Why on earth did they just let the little child go with them?
Why are you asking such a question? It is because her VAshe's cute!

Heretic! Burn the witch for asking such a question!

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:01   Link #4544
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Witch? I prefer Warlock or Sorcerer. They sounds cooler. I suppose I really should've just thrown any logic out of the window after watching Episode 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
i think it wasnt intended against the japanese, but instead against north korea and china... for the USA its more of better safe than sorry...
Even then I still can't imagine them doing it...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:05   Link #4545
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

This episode was so sweaty dripping full of awesome manliness my dick could taste it.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2010-09-20 at 07:16.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:07   Link #4546
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

I can think of so many dirty jokes right now...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 07:09   Link #4547
Wigwams

anyone has a nice pic of saya's mom with guns?
Old 2010-09-20, 07:35   Link #4548
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
There's one thing that we've missed about.

What the hell happened to that PRICK guy Shidou?! I mean we've seen the bus was crashed but it hasn't cleared that whether he's finally dead!! I mean what the hell?!

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2010-09-20 at 08:38.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:03   Link #4549
DJLowrider
Ahou ga

I'm one of those anime fans who, over the years, has gone to great lengths to prove to people that anime isn't all about gratuitous violence and improbably proportioned women in various states of undress. I now find myself ready to recommend Highschool of the Dead to most of the people I know. HOTD: a series that is pretty much all about gratuitous violence and improbably proportioned women in various states of undress. The irony is surprisingly delicious.

I got into this series late, mainly because I wasn't sure I'd like it due to 1) the massive amount of hype it got and 2) not being a fan of zombie-related material. But I'll be damned if this wasn't a treat to watch anyway. Towards the end, the global nuclear antics were actually more scary to consider than the zombies, at least IMO.

The action was top notch and I found myself liking all of the core characters except for Rei. She really was the weakest of the core cast, IMO. But then she did have Saeko's shadow to live in. Ah, Saeko...

My personal feeling is that we're all but guaranteed a second season once the manga gets back in full gear and they have more content to draw from. For now, I'll be looking forward to the OVA and trying to find a way to check out the manga.
DJLowrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:06   Link #4550
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
There's one thing that we've missed about. W

hat the hell happened to that PRICK guy Shidou?! I mean We've seen the bus was crashed but it hasn't cleared that whether he's finally dead!! I mean what the hell?!
Likely kept alive until the mangaka decides to kill him off. His demise will very likely flag the end of the manga.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:23   Link #4551
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Ah, that was a nice end to HOTD - went back to the good ol' times of zombie slaying at the start and middle of the series. And I was laughing so hard at Shizuka doing a two-wheel like that in a HumVee, especially since my NG training this weekend featured none other than a HEAT Sim...'What To Do When A HumVee Rolls Over'. At 30 degrees, a HumVee is all but guarenteed to roll - I think Shizuka managed to hit 15 degress on that trick - I was all but shouting "Roll Over, Roll Over" when that happened! Some people might get upset when they do impossible things like that in 'realistic anime' (think about that statement for a bit) but really, I found it hilarious.

Here's to hoping that we see our 'Band' again soon. And that shot of them walking up towards the mall with their upper bodies shadowed out was pure awesome. To see this group again if they aged 2 years, I wonder how they would be... Just how badassed would little Alice be...?!
Old 2010-09-20, 08:36   Link #4552
Jerseykid

Who was the girl walking in front of the board at the end supposed to be?
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:39   Link #4553
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Actually, China fired that nuke that caused the EMP attack on Japan, not the USA.

The Kongo says that "4x DF-21" left from the "Tonghua base in the Jilin province". DF-21 = Dong feng 21 missile, and Jilin is a Chinese province.
Schneizel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 08:46   Link #4554
Qikz

No! I can't believe it ended there. I need more damnit, more Highschool of the Dead. Now to just pray for a second season.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 09:22   Link #4555
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch last ep .

First i'm glad that they didn't make an alternative ending , hurray !

RIP Saya's dad & Mom , they are badass . Saya's mom is sweet

Best hilarious line for me :

Shizuka-sensei "That's how the author wrote me ..."

Anyway last ep was great . They end up with the Shopping Mall !
Damn need the OST now !

Good adaptation from the manga . Madhouse did well . Now hoping for a 2nd season.
I guess it'll depends on the sale .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 09:31   Link #4556
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
I don't think the missiles that aimed to cause the EMP were launched by the USA at all. If you remember from the previous episode, other countries launched their nukes too.

Also, it's pretty clear that the AEGIS cruisers were trying to stop 4 of the missiles. It'd be pretty stupid for them to be shooting their own missiles.

The biggest question is what kind of disease caused the zombies since a ship in the middle of the ocean got infected without anyone notifying whatever military command structure that is left.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 09:50   Link #4557
darry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
No! I can't believe it ended there. I need more damnit, more Highschool of the Dead. Now to just pray for a second season.
since they shown us the Shopping Center ... Yep there will be a second Season, Just the Question WHEN
darry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 10:10   Link #4558
Helius

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
OK, maybe I'm just stupid, but answer me this: WHY did the government fire a Nuke that exploded above? The only reason was because they wanted to create an EMP. But WHY did they want to create an EMP? Zombies can't use any devices. The only ones that got screwed were the humans.
To screw the Japanese over is the only reason I can think of ATM. To China this zombie apocalypse was probably a golden opportunity to eliminate their next door neighbour by taking advantage that governments around the world were still reeling in confusion and mass panic.
Helius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 10:21   Link #4559
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helius View Post
To screw the Japanese over is the only reason I can think of ATM. To China this zombie apocalypse was probably a golden opportunity to eliminate their next door neighbour by taking advantage that governments around the world were still reeling in confusion and mass panic.
Well in the manga.

Spoiler for manga:
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 11:24   Link #4560
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
There's one thing that we've missed about.

What the hell happened to that PRICK guy Shidou?! I mean we've seen the bus was crashed but it hasn't cleared that whether he's finally dead!! I mean what the hell?!
manga readers don't even know yet, but he's more than likely alive.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, boobs, ecchi, harem, horror, romance, seinen, shounen, zombie apocalypse