AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-08-23, 06:42   Link #2361
fazri
blacksun king

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
8 isn't out, 7 is sort there somewhere, 6 is crappy
what do you mean sort there somewhere?
oh yeah is this novel have prospect become anime?
the truth is i hate someone who have similar personality like louise that tsun 95% dere 5%
from what i see is claire is tsun 80% dere only 20%.
so some how i don't really like her.
too much tsun.
the perfect tsundere is 50-50 or 60-40
Old 2012-08-23, 07:19   Link #2362
KuroiHikari

check out the indo-ver

sort of*

I've been lazy about the pictures, and see no point, since the translation isn't even near there.

Last edited by KuroiHikari; 2012-08-23 at 20:02.
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:14   Link #2363
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

At SAO, for Kirito there is "Shiro to Kuro no Kenbu" (The Sword Dance of White and Black)

So, if it's Kamito there is "Gin to Kuro no Kenbu" (The Sword Dance of Silver and Black)

And if you remember, Kamito's <<Dual Sword Skill>> "16 Continous Slash" is resemble with Kirito's <<Dual Sword Attack Skill>> "Starburst Stream" (16 Hit Combo).

I wonder, who is stronger? Kazehaya Kamito or Kirigaya Kazuto
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 12:39   Link #2364
Awrya
U mad?

According to my memory, Kamito so far has only Est as his sword, while Kirito has two.
But then again, Est > Elucidator+Dark Repulsor. Why silver? Wasn't Est a white sword?

Not sure about anime, it isn't in the 2012 fall list, but then again we will get news a couple of months in advance if it gets an anime.
Old 2012-08-23, 16:01   Link #2365
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
At SAO, for Kirito there is "Shiro to Kuro no Kenbu" (The Sword Dance of White and Black)

So, if it's Kamito there is "Gin to Kuro no Kenbu" (The Sword Dance of Silver and Black)

And if you remember, Kamito's <<Dual Sword Skill>> "16 Continous Slash" is resemble with Kirito's <<Dual Sword Attack Skill>> "Starburst Stream" (16 Hit Combo).

I wonder, who is stronger? Kazehaya Kamito or Kirigaya Kazuto
If they fought at peak strength, they'd be equal. Peak strength meaning Kirito(end of vol 1, while having reason to kill) vs. Kamito(pre-Est, as Ren Ashbell). Supposing that Kamito eventually regains Restia and dual-wields with Est, it would depend on whether or not Kirito was in a flying game.
Old 2012-08-23, 17:46   Link #2366
sky black swordman

^Agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
According to my memory, Kamito so far has only Est as his sword, while Kirito has two.
But then again, Est > Elucidator+Dark Repulsor. Why silver? Wasn't Est a white sword?
Not sure about anime, it isn't in the 2012 fall list, but then again we will get news a couple of months in advance if it gets an anime.
Yes she is. And Kirito's Dark Repulsor is white? I thought it was silver. And the anime messed up and made it blue.
Old 2012-08-23, 18:24   Link #2367
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

No! if you reread again, Est is Silver sword like her hair.

[In the next moment, a silver glowing single edged sword appeared in Kamito's hand. ]
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 18:44   Link #2368
KuroiHikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
But then again, Est > Elucidator+Dark Repulsor. Why silver? Wasn't Est a white sword?.
I've never translated white for Est's sword form, I believe
KuroiHikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 18:51   Link #2369
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuroiHikari View Post
I've never translated white for Est's sword form, I believe
Somewhere in my head I still remembered her being a holy sword (which she actually isn't) and usually holy=white. Sorry, has been a month or two since I last read so memory isn't that accurate anymore.
Besides, on illustrations it looks like white, silver and/or even a bit blueish (Vol.5 cover)
Old 2012-08-23, 19:06   Link #2370
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

The artist takes certain liberties as the author isn't very specific with colors.

E.g. Restia's eyes are described as being dusk coloured (tasogare iro) what does that even mean? I thought that meant orange for a long time until volume 6 shows it as dark purple.

Ok. Just picked up volume 8. What a waste of a volume zzzz. Not a single new Restia picture.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]

Last edited by Sylphic; 2012-08-24 at 05:40.
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 11:24   Link #2371
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
If they fought at peak strength, they'd be equal. Peak strength meaning Kirito(end of vol 1, while having reason to kill) vs. Kamito(pre-Est, as Ren Ashbell). Supposing that Kamito eventually regains Restia and dual-wields with Est, it would depend on whether or not Kirito was in a flying game.
I'd give the victory to Kamito--this is because as an spirit contractor, he can use spirit magic to a limited extent. Otherwise, their base-stats are about the same. Moreover, if Kamito does turn out to be the Dark Spirit King, Kirito's screwed.
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 12:13   Link #2372
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
I'd give the victory to Kamito--this is because as an spirit contractor, he can use spirit magic to a limited extent. Otherwise, their base-stats are about the same. Moreover, if Kamito does turn out to be the Dark Spirit King, Kirito's screwed.
Kamito can't use spirit magic, because he and Restia killed/burned/smashed the training place before they taught him.

Also, in ALO Kirito can use magic, mostly illusions. And he can fly.

Of course, that only works in a game, so technically he'd die instantly if they fought.
Old 2012-08-25, 12:24   Link #2373
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Why are we comparing two protagonists from different series?
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 13:24   Link #2374
Nihgthawk

Good news everybody Vol 8 went on sell the 23rd. Now go, go and find info because i cannot read a lick of Japanese.
Nihgthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 19:08   Link #2375
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Hang on. I"ll try and get some pictures and some quick summaries as soon as I'm done reading volume 8.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-25, 21:31   Link #2376
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Kamito can't use spirit magic, because he and Restia killed/burned/smashed the training place before they taught him.

Also, in ALO Kirito can use magic, mostly illusions. And he can fly.

Of course, that only works in a game, so technically he'd die instantly if they fought.
He can use magic to a limited degree--but it's more like he's borrowing the magic of his spirits. E.g. he can summon daggers via his contract with Est even though Est was unresponsive in volume 5. In addition to that, I think he can actually launch lightning attacks with Restia--as in launching lightning bolts. As for Kirito, he can only use magic in the virtual reality world. And if we are talking about the virtual reality world here, we need to define which game he's in. In ALO, for example, didn't they ban dual-wielding?And in Gun Gale Online, he uses a gun as well as a light saber.
Old 2012-08-25, 21:40   Link #2377
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfanta View Post
He can use magic to a limited degree--but it's more like he's borrowing the magic of his spirits. E.g. he can summon daggers via his contract with Est even though Est was unresponsive in volume 5. In addition to that, I think he can actually launch lightning attacks with Restia--as in launching lightning bolts. As for Kirito, he can only use magic in the virtual reality world. And if we are talking about the virtual reality world here, we need to define which game he's in. In ALO, for example, didn't they ban dual-wielding?And in Gun Gale Online, he uses a gun as well as a light saber.
Dual-wielding wasn't banned, in fact anyone could do it. It just wasn't a "skill".
Old 2012-08-26, 08:28   Link #2378
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Is there still a chance for Kamito to become a dual spirit sword user?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 08:32   Link #2379
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
Is there still a chance for Kamito to become a dual spirit sword user?
Good to see you here, Mike211. And the answer to your question is yes, there's a very real possibility, but not in the foreseeable future. Restia isn't completely on either side, but is doing everything for Kamito's sake. It'll only happen though if the two spirits accept one another. They both see each other as rivals--with Restia trying to get rid of Est. And if Kamito wants dual wielding to succeed, he'd need a lot of work--since having two spirits affects the efficient use of power.

Last edited by Avrorrange; 2012-08-26 at 08:44.
Old 2012-08-26, 09:54   Link #2380
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

Thank darthfanta, well since Campione vol 7 is still being translated, I thought i would continue Blade Dance since there is a couples of new chapters translated since I last read it.

Read the previous posts regarding Kirito Vs Kamito, I think for sure Kamito would be the stronger one, since he was train from a young age the way of the sword in the art of assassinary, so every move he use is a KILLING move, while Kirito was train in kendo in a young age (and he gave up not long after as well), any way the kendo Kirito learned is a sport and never meant to kill.

And in regard to Claire, Yes I too dislike her, but I heard she become less tsundere in the later volumes, have I been wrongly inform? because right now (from vols 1 - 3) she is annoying as hell!

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, cross-dressing, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, romance, shounen, supernatural, trap