AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-06-25, 16:11   Link #30081
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It depends on your degree of distinguishing factor. If you look at it from the general aesthetic, then yes they’re “the same” just like how Epyon EW & Epyon TV are “the same”. Still, if you’re willing to pay attention to some details, they’re different. Here’s some comparison:
Nice comparison shots

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I'm not talking about simple detail additions, the GAT-X series also had lots of changes in aesthetic: see the MG Aile Strike Remaster, where its Aile Striker is very much changed to be sleeker and more "pointy" in the same manner as the wing binders on this Wing Zero, or how the MG Blitz suddenly has a pauldron that now visibly shares the same frame as the Strike (a change a friend kept bitching to me about ), or in general how the weapons for them have sharper aesthetics, with the most drastic being the Aegis' beam rifle and the Duel's railgun, which are quite obviously changed from their incredibly simple originals.

Admittedly there are MG's that stick as close to the actual design as possible, most tellingly the MG Wing Gundam, which is what I think people expected when they want an MG Wing Zero. The actual practice of changing around shapes and details for the Master Grade version though isn't especially new, and in this case I think they did well with the redesign.
Um thats exactly what I was talking about, "Modernizing the designs" by changing the proportions and adding more details and modern aesthetics to the overall designs seen in the show...... The new Aile pack BTW is changed because its based on the Perfect Strike design that appeared in the remaster

What Im arguing here is that the Proto Zero is not the same as its just not a simple "modern update" like that GAT kits, its a Katoki redesign heavily based on the original while giving it elements from the WZC to keep it canon within the EW take

Quote:
Not if Bandai basically already make 90% of the expected kit but instead labeling it as another. Unlike MG Justice which Bandai have to build from scratch, in this case, they can easily make more profit by releasing the more popular Wing Zero TV, but noooo. They have to avoid the TV version like the plague for some reason. If this is usual to you, then let’s agree to disagree coz we’re just going in circles like this.
Wait until Bandai announces an Online Exclusive TV Version based on the Proto Zero frame
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 18:01   Link #30082
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Wait until Bandai announces an Online Exclusive TV Version based on the Proto Zero frame.
Yeah, that would be a dick move from Bandai. Still, it's better than not releasing MG Zero TV at all.
Old 2013-06-25, 18:05   Link #30083
Blazer-X

Honestly, I am quite happy about this. Now I can place something next to my MG Epyon Ver Ka that is also a Katoki-fied TV Gundam, rather than WZC, which would look a little out of place.

Part of me actually hopes Katoki creates more "melting pot" designs between his EW versions and the TV version for the second generation (Kai) Gundams.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:17   Link #30084
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Based off the naming, which is "Wing Gundam Prototype Zero", I think it's supposed to be the original Wing Zero, aka the basis from which all the Gundams were made in lore. If I'm to make a prediction, I imagine this will be the machine that Quatre would complete and pilot into combat, if GoL will follow that part of the TV series.
I'll take that instead.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 19:33   Link #30085
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazer-X View Post
Honestly, I am quite happy about this. Now I can place something next to my MG Epyon Ver Ka that is also a Katoki-fied TV Gundam, rather than WZC, which would look a little out of place.

Part of me actually hopes Katoki creates more "melting pot" designs between his EW versions and the TV version for the second generation (Kai) Gundams.
Probably wont happen since the EW Altron and Hell ARE the second gen gundams in the TV series

With Zero it was ok since it was the prototype design that Quatre made from the original blueprints before Heero got it and took some drugs and "inspiration" for his new WZC looks
Old 2013-06-25, 21:36   Link #30086
kakakka

Quote:
Not if Bandai basically already make 90% of the expected kit but instead labeling it as another. Unlike MG Justice which Bandai have to build from scratch, in this case, they can easily make more profit by releasing the more popular Wing Zero TV, but noooo. They have to avoid the TV version like the plague for some reason. If this is usual to you, then let’s agree to disagree coz we’re just going in circles like this.
Yeah, you don't get my point too. I'm making a point to the complaints. Bandai has been releasing EW version MGs of Wing for a while, and every time, I read complaints how TV Versions are getting none of it. There's already a trend. Just because we got "90% of the kit and labeling it as another" we are treating it as a big tragedy? It's not big deal.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-25, 21:55   Link #30087
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

The looming question now is: What the hell is the Wing Zero Custom? If every thing in GOTL is a Katoki redesign, then wouldn't it make sense, especially if they're naming this Wing Zero a Prototype.
Old 2013-06-25, 22:06   Link #30088
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

IIRC there was one manga where Heero redesigned the Wing Zero into the Wing Zero Custom, but it was set after the anime proper, which doesn't mesh with Endless Waltz' depiction of the final battle.
Old 2013-06-25, 22:16   Link #30089
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Yeah, you don't get my point too. I'm making a point to the complaints. Bandai has been releasing EW version MGs of Wing for a while, and every time, I read complaints how TV Versions are getting none of it. There's already a trend. Just because we got "90% of the kit and labeling it as another" we are treating it as a big tragedy? It's not big deal.
IMO this particular case is not usual, therefore the complaints is also not usual. I mean, Katoki already had his Wing Zero TV equivalent which is Wing Zero Custom, so why Bandai must force this Wing Zero TV design into yet another Katoki-fied redesign? Say whatever you want about it, that’s my take on it (along with some of my fellow Wing-fan friends).
Old 2013-06-26, 01:40   Link #30090
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
IMO this particular case is not usual, therefore the complaints is also not usual. I mean, Katoki already had his Wing Zero TV equivalent which is Wing Zero Custom, so why Bandai must force this Wing Zero TV design into yet another Katoki-fied redesign? Say whatever you want about it, that’s my take on it (along with some of my fellow Wing-fan friends).
Is it so hard for bandai to give fans of wing what they really want, a NORMAL TV WingZero???????????

I don't want a katoki redesign!, just make an MG version of the superb looking RD figure, how hard can it be!!!!!!
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 02:39   Link #30091
RX93-2
White Unicorn

Outside of katoki's obsession with ridiculously long legs I think this redesign looks like a better case for an actual MG.
RX93-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 03:41   Link #30092
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX93-2 View Post
Outside of katoki's obsession with ridiculously long legs I think this redesign looks like a better case for an actual MG.
They're not THAT long, especially the Proto Zero's going by the lineart. They're slightly longer than human proportions yes.....but who cares, mech's dont have to follow human proportions, and IMO they look better sleeker and taller

Oh MG Geara Doga boxart, Im expecting a Hobby Exclusive Rezin colors sometime in the future after its release :P

BANDAI NOW U HAVE ZERO EXCUSES FOR NOT RELEASING A MG JEGAN, ESPECIALLY AS ITS FRAME CAN BE USED FOR AT LEAST 4 KITS (CCA Jegan, Jegan Type-D, Stark Jegan, ECOAS Jegan, to name the prominent ones)
Old 2013-06-26, 04:21   Link #30093
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Im expecting a Hobby Exclusive Rezin colors sometime in the future after its release :P
Let's go one step further/crazier by wishing for MG Geara Doga Full Frontal Custom .
Old 2013-06-26, 04:43   Link #30094
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
The new Aile pack BTW is changed because its based on the Perfect Strike design that appeared in the remaster
Considering that we have the HG Perfect Strike which didn't need to redesign the Aile Striker to the extent of the MG Strike Remaster (the HG only added the battery packs and mountings for the cannon and anti-ship sword), I don't think they changed the MG design simply for the Perfect Strike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeriolewinters View Post
The looming question now is: What the hell is the Wing Zero Custom? If every thing in GOTL is a Katoki redesign, then wouldn't it make sense, especially if they're naming this Wing Zero a Prototype.
This isn't very difficult. Depending on how the manga plays out, the Wing Zero Custom will either be a direct upgrade of the Wing Prototype Zero (WPZ), or an upgrade of the Wing Gundam EW with WPZ's systems

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 05:11   Link #30095
Akyra

Thanks Obelisk.

Does look different if you put them side by side. TBH, I am just happy that they finally release the Zero.

Here's hoping for Deathscythe Hell...(or any other Deathscythes for that matter!)
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 06:00   Link #30096
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akyra View Post

Here's hoping for Deathscythe Hell...(or any other Deathscythes for that matter!)
We do already have the MG Deathscythe Hell Custom and the MG Deathscythe EW. Though having the original TV versions wouldn't hurt, especially with the twin-scythed Deathscythe Hell

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 06:26   Link #30097
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Though having the original TV versions wouldn't hurt, especially with the twin-scythed Deathscythe Hell
Next thing you know, Bandai will make it so that D-Hell TV will be the in-between incarnation after Deathscythe EW but before D-Hell EW. And they will “Katoki-fied” it too like Proto Zero. When that happens, I’m gonna face-palm real hard .

Last edited by Obelisk ze Tormentor; 2013-06-26 at 06:37.
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 06:44   Link #30098
Akyra

lol...I wouldn't be surprised.

Tallgeese 3 would be nice too though i wouldn't mind the Vayeate or the Mercurius either.
Akyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 06:49   Link #30099
firefox
Seed seeder

Quote:
Next thing you know, Bandai will make it so that D-Hell TV will be the in-between incarnation after Deathscythe EW but before D-Hell EW. And they will “Katoki-fied” it too like Proto Zero. When that happens, I’m gonna face-palm real hard .
if you want TV versions you are forced to buy Robot Damashii's it seems except for wing gundam.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-26, 07:04   Link #30100
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by firefox View Post
if you want TV versions you are forced to buy Robot Damashii's it seems except for wing gundam.
Yeah, I'm still considering buying the RDs. Though that will be my last resort after I wait maybe five years from now observing Bandai's approach toward this Wing TV MGs issue during that period of time.

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy