Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-08-21, 00:32   Link #121
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
None that I know of. If you could do that you'd be putting an awful lot of game designers out of a job.
i think it would be like the novel, a lot of independent MMOG would prop on the net.
Old 2012-08-21, 07:05   Link #122
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
I don't think so.... or at least not yet.

As long as ideas need to be put into code. (Not even the <<The Seed>> has gotten to do that; even the idea for the <<Excalibur>> story came to be because the admins were probably putting lots of "stories" into the ALO server.
I'm pretty sure they didn't input any stories at all. Cardinal just looked them up on the net. It did its own research, wrote its own story, added its own dialog and voice acting...

Yeah, that's basically a true AI. Nowhere near possible for now.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 07:30   Link #123
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

It IS said in the Novel that all "AIs" used in <<The Seed>> or any of its precursors use <<Top-Bottom AI>>, which is a result of manual input.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-21, 08:15   Link #124
Clarste
Human

That's not what the distinction means. A Top-down AI is one that was programmed to deal with a variety of situations, as opposed to a Bottom-up one that learns from nothing. It has absolutely nothing to do with where the input data comes from post-programming. It's trivial to make an AI that looks stuff up on the internet. Google's search algorithm itself could be considered a version of that. Although of course it's much harder to make it do something useful with that.
Old 2012-08-21, 08:40   Link #125
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Well, in the first place it is hard for an AI to look up stuff for itself. Where will it get stories? HOW will it divide stories? How does it identify who the protagonist, antagonist, and side characters are? How does their actions translate into machine-understandable code?

...as for <<Top-Down AI>>, how will it deal with the first situation it'll encounter? Won't it simply be dumped into the database and process the data from there?
Old 2012-08-21, 11:35   Link #126
Clarste
Human

It'll just do what it's programmed to do. That's what the term means. Someone sat down and wrote a complicated logic-gate for how it handles situations. If it encounters a novel situation that it doesn't know how to deal with, it would probably just ignore it or do whatever it's programmed to do in novel situations (ask for help?). "Top-down" means that a programmer decided on how it should behave in all situations. It doesn't mean that a programmer is sitting behind it telling it what to do at all points in time. It's the standard AI in a computer game or a GPS. It knows how to solve problems efficiently, but doesn't have the ability to grow very much. Commonly known as an "expert system". It's theoretically possible to make one that can react to a huge amount of input, but it's practically impossible because it's too complicated.
Old 2012-08-21, 20:22   Link #127
lightbringer
M9000

To me, bottom-up AI sounds a lot like the current (since like 20 years ago now) "state of the art" AI - neural networks, genetic algorithms, etc. They have their uses but they are not nearly at the stage where we can call them intelligent or thinking independently though.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-23, 02:44   Link #128
Netto Azure
→ Wandering Bard

Oh crap I feel so bad for the Fluctlight clones...if AI's think they are humans....crap the implications are quite scary.

PokeCommuninity | Bulbagarden | Tumblr | MAL
Netto Azure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-24, 01:14   Link #129
Divini
Senpai!

One part piqued my curiosity: Every entity would try to defend their individuality in terms of existence as much as possible, and that you would try to eliminate an exact copy of you.

While I did get chills when they started talking about the fluctlights' mental collapse, I was wondering how I would feel if the fluctlight clone that 'died' was me, instead of seeing it from an outside perspective.

I'm scared to admit it, but I think I wouldn't feel nearly as bad. In fact, I think I would feel relieved in a way.
Divini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-26, 05:39   Link #130
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divini View Post
One part piqued my curiosity: Every entity would try to defend their individuality in terms of existence as much as possible, and that you would try to eliminate an exact copy of you.

While I did get chills when they started talking about the fluctlights' mental collapse, I was wondering how I would feel if the fluctlight clone that 'died' was me, instead of seeing it from an outside perspective.

I'm scared to admit it, but I think I wouldn't feel nearly as bad. In fact, I think I would feel relieved in a way.
I merely think that RATH chooses all the wrong victims. I mean... they should have tried cloning someone more...worthless, you know?
Old 2014-08-29, 16:37   Link #131
Clrawne

Is there anyone who finished reading the volume 14?
I want to know your opinion about the last part of it.

Is there anyone familiar with Oculus Rift?

:3
Clrawne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-08-30, 18:22   Link #132
c933103
FTNR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
Well, in the first place it is hard for an AI to look up stuff for itself. Where will it get stories? HOW will it divide stories? How does it identify who the protagonist, antagonist, and side characters are? How does their actions translate into machine-understandable code?

...as for <<Top-Down AI>>, how will it deal with the first situation it'll encounter? Won't it simply be dumped into the database and process the data from there?
Top-down AI: take yui as an example.
c933103 is offline   Reply With Quote