AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2006-09-23, 11:53   Link #2041
cyw1988
Japaholic

Send a message via MSN to cyw1988
Well I will probably get one PG kit sometime in my modelling career but so far I feel good sticking to 1/100 HGs, MGs or NGs. IMO, PGs are probably cut for the hardcore collector. They have the best details and there is little or even no real need to paint them. 1/100s i think are more balanced out. The amt of painting is almost equal to the amt of building required. And you will now most probably have guessed. 1/144 requires alot of painting. So like most of the guys here i do prefer the 1/100s. They are not too big or not too small and the level of details on them are just right(I just need to do slight painting. I am not so hardcore so I dun really go into details. Just as long as the kit looks good in my eyes i am happy). My advice? I say get the PG kit that way you can try building it and find out what size of kit suits you(whether 1/144 1/100 1/60). Most preferbly a PG strike(with the Aile pack) or a PG GP01b or a PG MK2(the black one).
cyw1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 12:31   Link #2042
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

If anyone is interested, http://www.dalong.net has his initial review of Crossbone Gundam up. But what confuses me is that Crossbone Gundam is due out on the 28th.. how'd he get his so early?
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 13:19   Link #2043
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Must have it. Must have it!!!
But Crossbone looks kinda plain with no paintings

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2006-09-23 at 13:32.
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 13:19   Link #2044
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Quote:
Well I will probably get one PG kit sometime in my modelling career but so far I feel good sticking to 1/100 HGs, MGs or NGs.
Same here, but I must say that I really, really would want a PG Strike...

DarkWarrior: If I'm not mistaken the guy who runs dalong also has his own hobby store, so it wouldn't be at all surprising for him to have received an early shipment.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 14:08   Link #2045
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

Ah, that certainly explains it. I guess that can also explain his massive Gunpla collection.

The Crossbone appears to be using a similar internal frame that the F91 used. Despite the complaints about this new frame, I'm glad that Bandai is using it. I recently got a chance to take a look at a recently completed MG F91, and I'm really impressed by how stiff and sturdy it is. Compare this to my MG Mk-II 2.0, which already has ridiculously loose leg joints even though I've barely touched it. It has a hard time doing any kind of pose at all.

And I really hope that in December we get a decent MG kit. So far this year we got 3 recolors, and 2 borderline ones (Strike IWSP and Sniper GM), which has been disappointing so far. I hope Bandai decides to end the year with a bang; personally, a MG Victory kit would be nice, as would a MG Destiny.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 14:17   Link #2046
Kasiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO
Must have it. Must have it!!!
But Crossbone looks kinda plain with no paintings
Yeah, I expected more from such a cool name and it looks super hot in the psp games too=/
Anyway; So nobody really has a zeta/gp01 pg? and could anybody explain to me why everybody wants a PG Strike, it's not that special right...?[I used to think that the Striker system was a PG, it would've made the Strike a lot more interesting...]
@Cyw: I kinda already knew that, but...you enjoyed the 1/144&1/100 NG's...? My destiny & Strike freedom are 1/144 NGs and they are quite terrible imo...and while the 1/100 NG Providence looks alright, the proportions on the NG Freedom are terrible as well=//
Oh and I'd like them to release a MG Akatsuki with both packs ^^
Kasiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:13   Link #2047
srb
I can see time itself!

Send a message via MSN to srb
Well, I want the PG Strike because I really like the PG design of it, and I always thought Strike looked better without any packs on.
srb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:16   Link #2048
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Well, I want the PG Strike because I really like the PG design of it, and I always thought Strike looked better without any packs on.
I second that. Athough a PG strike would be too large for me at this moment to put on display, so I will just have to settle with MG versions

My obvious only complaint is that PG models are too large...

Hmm, now... onto my MG Kampfer...

- Tak
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 15:58   Link #2049
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

so yeah, the Xbone doesnt have the internal detail that the F91 has, but, who really cares? its not like anyone opens the armor on a regular basis.

the xbone is simple yet sleek. wub it.
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-23, 22:13   Link #2050
cyw1988
Japaholic

I got my GFF crossbone some time back so i probably would save on this.... I have already seen the kit though.. It looks pretty good so those of you who would want something Xbone in your cupboards, I would highly reccomend you to get this piece... XD
Old 2006-09-23, 22:40   Link #2051
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

My only complaints is that there's a lack of weapons for the Crossbone X-1 and.....

There's no stand included.

And I was actually thinking for placing the MG F91 and X-1 side by side to make a scene out of the manga where the X-1 goes up against the Mass Produced F-91, but this is hindered by the lack of a stand.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 02:04   Link #2052
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaZEROCustom
The problem with the extra finish kits is that either you leave the sprue connection marks and no remove the seams, which gives you the extra finish "sparkle" but seams and "scars". If you seal the seams and sand away the nubs, the extra finish gets all messed up. Considering the Extra Finish ones cost a little more than the originals, it really isn't worth it either way IMO.
- Just FYI: There is a way to get around the sprue bite-off problem: Bandai sells a Metallic Color Gundam Marker. Use this and certain clear paints, and you can paint-over those small bits with little to no trace of the sprue dividing lines.

The metallic color of the Gundam Marker is an almost-perfect match for the metallic white of the Gundam MK-II Extra Finish version. Using clear red and clear blue (Note: this is based on Gunze Sangyo's paints), you can paint the metallic color on the other parts, then after drying you can paint the clear color over the metallic paint. The Marasai works the same way; apply Clear orange over the metallic paint. There's also a Gold paint color Gundam Marker you can use for the metallic yellow (gold) parts. I'd imagine that the Extra Finish Freedom Gundam and Extra Finish Impulse Gundam can be painted the same way.

This was put in the Hobby Japan "Gundam Weapons: Zeta Gundam A New Translation Edition" Mook I have. I'm no fan of metallic kits (I prefer to paint my kits matte--the Strike Noir being the only exception), but this can help you a lot. Hope that helps.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 05:48   Link #2053
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2
My only complaints is that there's a lack of weapons for the Crossbone X-1 and.....

There's no stand included.

And I was actually thinking for placing the MG F91 and X-1 side by side to make a scene out of the manga where the X-1 goes up against the Mass Produced F-91, but this is hindered by the lack of a stand.
the cloak on the crossbone make me tempting.....
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 07:55   Link #2054
cyw1988
Japaholic

well i think there was another gundam that came with a cloak... Sandrock custom was it?? Hell its cloak is even made of cloth.. I am not sure abt the Xbone's one though.. The display piece wasn't seen with the cloak...
Old 2006-09-24, 09:20   Link #2055
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

No stand? Where am I going to pose it nicely....sigh
LightningZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 12:06   Link #2056
Fafnir
I believe I can fly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by srb
Exact same page as you. I have my PG strike sitting on my desk(right beside my zeta plus C1), kneeling and aiming it's rifle. Looks hawt(although I'd like to have it using the grand slam, the left leg is kinda lose, and it has fallen on me numerous times, so I settle with the "sniper" position.

However, after reading this, I decided to make it pose it with the sword, and have made it look good while having it kneel...(hard one to describe...).
Fafnir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 12:49   Link #2057
SNT1
r0x0rz j00r b0x0rz

http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941832
Gundam X GFF, for december.

is this news?
SNT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 13:50   Link #2058
Shiro Amada
Drooling Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNT1
http://www.hlj.com/product/BAN941832
Gundam X GFF, for december.

is this news?
Not exactly new, but still....

I haven't found any pictures of either the GFF X or the Zeonography Kampfer though.
Shiro Amada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 17:16   Link #2059
Siege

well moving on a few weeks agao i order some MS fromHLJ and it arrived yesterday in gr8 condition since a company called parcel force is usually SHITE at handling

they were GSD mobile Suits

Strike Freedom
Inifine Justice
Akutsuki
Destiny
Legend

they were built between 11pm - 1am of course they are unpainted and have only slightly coloured parts where stickers are not entirely nessercary

and anyone who can link me to the appropriate colours for paints for each of these suits
Siege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-24, 18:59   Link #2060
dj898
Old Type Level 99.99%

another recycling project ^ ^
After the little fix up it fell into a hand of evil - I mean, little boy - and suffered some serious damage. He snapped its pelvic joint and left me to find some time later when I was cleaning the cabinet. T_T

anyway to cut the long story short I fixed it by putting the legs in the fixed position - the joint was beyond the repair and unless I got the spare parts there was no way I could repair. Now come to think of I think it looks far better than the stock MG Sazabi... (See the comparison shot with the stock kit) ^ ^

Anyway hope you enjoy. I'm planning to make the base to screw this bad boy so it won't fall down again

pic

*courtesy of dalong.net
dj898 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gundam, gunpla, model kit, toy