AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

Old 2008-01-18, 03:33   Link #301
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask, but did something happen to ep12 onwards with this series? Been able to snag ep1~11 with 16:9 aspect ratio @ 720p, but ep12 onwards I've only seen 4:3 aspect ratio @ 480p...

do 16:9 (non-HD or HD) aspect ratio raws exist for ep12 onwards? a little frustrating to end up with half the series being different resolution/aspect ratio...
Once you've read the FAQ, one thing to be aware of is that the "HD" eps are actually not HD at all. They are, in fact, upscales from a lower-definition source (which was MADE lower-definition so as to protect DVD sales revenues). With that said, don't be too surprised if some of us gripe about "damned BS-i" or words to that effect. ;)

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 03:57   Link #302
Ascaloth
I don't give a damn, dude

I've been meaning to ask; why does Tomoya call Akio "ossan"?

I'm not sure what exactly it means, but I'm guessing it's a contraction of "otousan". This would imply a certain closeness in their relationship than should be the case, almost as if Tomoya were regarding Akio as a father...or even a father-in-law. 0_o
Ascaloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 04:49   Link #303
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
I've been meaning to ask; why does Tomoya call Akio "ossan"?
Ossan is the abreviation of oji-san, not oto-san. Basically, it is kinda a familiar way to adress to him, because using aniki/(o)nii-san would be quite illogic here.

The reason behind it is because Akio is also quite "familiar" with him as welm, using teme (rude "you", much more than "omae", but not as offensive as "kusama") and kozo (brat/kid). Their relationship is quite special, as they respect each other, but they certainly don't want to show that. Hence, they are using some teasing familiar way to adress each other (as normally, the above words would be rude/offensive in a lot of cases)
Old 2008-01-18, 07:16   Link #304
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRJustman View Post
Once you've read the FAQ, one thing to be aware of is that the "HD" eps are actually not HD at all. They are, in fact, upscales from a lower-definition source (which was MADE lower-definition so as to protect DVD sales revenues). With that said, don't be too surprised if some of us gripe about "damned BS-i" or words to that effect.

--Ian.
oh man...i feel a little dumb now...it's out of character for me, usually, to not read faqs thoroughly....was falling asleep as i asked my question :| that said, i was under the impression that nothing was broadcast 4:3 in japan anymore lol...atleast, all the channels I flip through are 16:9...granted, I don't know if this locationfree unit is stretching the image or if the broadcast station is stretching it.

Isn' t DVD by definition SD/Low-Def? I thought DVD resolution usually was 640x480 or 853x480....I guess this is OT from the particular thread though (゜Д゜)

i guess i'll have to watch 4:3 for the time being
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 10:19   Link #305
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Isn' t DVD by definition SD/Low-Def? I thought DVD resolution usually was 640x480 or 853x480....I guess this is OT from the particular thread though (゜Д゜)

i guess i'll have to watch 4:3 for the time being
No one said it wasn't. It's just that the widescreen TV version is fake HD.
GyroidFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 15:01   Link #306
IRJustman
Founder, Sprocket Hole
*Fansubber

Quote:
Isn' t DVD by definition SD/Low-Def? I thought DVD resolution usually was 640x480 or 853x480....
Actually, standard NTSC DVD resolution is 720x480, regardless of aspect ratio of the on-screen picture. (PAL and SECAM, IIRP, are both 720x576.)

--Ian.
IRJustman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 21:04   Link #307
Jigsy
I get paid to post. ^_#

Clannad

I wasn't sure where to ask this, but does BS-i broadcast Clannad on a different day or is it every Thursday like the others?
Jigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-18, 21:37   Link #308
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Yes they actually broadcast on the same day, every Thursday, at 25:00 to 25:30 (55 minutes before the most recent episode is broadcasted on TBS)
Old 2008-01-18, 21:39   Link #309
Jigsy
I get paid to post. ^_#

Ah, right, thanks.
Jigsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 15:25   Link #310
Kristen
*Author

Since my question has to do with both the anime and the game, I'll post it here.
Spoiler for Clannad anime/game:
Old 2008-01-19, 16:06   Link #311
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Koumura sensei made his Fuuko route intervention in the game as well; and yes, his route is independent from this event, so the anime could still perfectly fit his route in.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 16:45   Link #312
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
Koumura sensei made his Fuuko route intervention in the game as well; and yes, his route is independent from this event, so the anime could still perfectly fit his route in.
So, is the Kotomi arc the only arc I can safely play in the game without spoiling the events of the future parts of the anime and ensuring that I will be able to play the full game? (Since not doing Koumura directly after Fuuko apparently cuts out two scenes?)
Old 2008-01-19, 16:58   Link #313
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
So, is the Kotomi arc the only arc I can safely play in the game without spoiling the events of the future parts of the anime and ensuring that I will be able to play the full game? (Since not doing Koumura directly after Fuuko apparently cuts out two scenes?)
You'll be fine with both Fuuko and Kotomi.
Old 2008-01-19, 16:59   Link #314
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

No, don't worry. You can do Fuuko's route without spoiling yourself anything about Koumura's route. As I said, they are independent. Take it as Kyou, Nagisa and Ryou intervention in Kotomi's route. They don't affect each other.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 17:45   Link #315
Kristen
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProtoMan View Post
No, don't worry. You can do Fuuko's route without spoiling yourself anything about Koumura's route. As I said, they are independent. Take it as Kyou, Nagisa and Ryou intervention in Kotomi's route. They don't affect each other.
I thought that Iamandragon said on page 3 that if you don't do Koumura's route directly after Fuuko's arc you cannot access a scene in Nagisa's arc nor can you access a scene in the after story. Or did he mean something else?

Here is the quote, with all irrelevant stuff removed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamandragon View Post
Spoiler for about the order:
Old 2008-01-19, 19:05   Link #316
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
I thought that Iamandragon said on page 3 that if you don't do Koumura's route directly after Fuuko's arc you cannot access a scene in Nagisa's arc nor can you access a scene in the after story. Or did he mean something else?

Here is the quote, with all irrelevant stuff removed:
You can breeze through it again later. I don't even think it has to be done right after, as long as it's done after.
Old 2008-01-28, 14:03   Link #317
Kristen
*Author

Stupid question...

Does anyone know the length of the Clannad Movie by Toei? I can't seem to find it with a Google Search...
Old 2008-01-28, 14:09   Link #318
mandarb916

says 90min on Amazon.co.jp's site for the collector's edition so I'm not sure if that's the actual movie length, or includes bonus footage if there is any.
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:19   Link #319
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Quick Question: what exactly are the ages of the main characters? their in highschool right?
thx
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:24   Link #320
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

They're probably 16-17.