AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-07, 14:56   Link #81
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
& as i've just found out, it won't be available in the UK.
and same goes for Italy.. dam region block. Why they persist with it? It's not helping the cause, I guess.

@Midonin: thanks for OP/ED! both are very good, I already lov'em. specially the op.

I'll postpone any other comment, 'till subs appear.
Old 2010-07-07, 14:59   Link #82
bombyethan1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Sakamoto's new voice actor fits very well and I couldn't tell the difference from the 1st season, but the way she laughs is very... noticeably different.
some1 post a clip of this on youtube for comparison lolz >
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 15:53   Link #83
mechdra

The new ship look familar, is that Yamato?
mechdra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 17:37   Link #84
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechdra View Post
The new ship look familar, is that Yamato?
Yes, as Micchan said.

I totally liked new cast. Mio was so natural that I didn’t even notice the seiyuu has changed. Saori Seto did a good job.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:02   Link #85
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Man, episode 1 was such a tease. Feels just like it picked up where Gonzo left off, so I'd say AIC's got their work cut out for them. Episode was pretty slow going at the start (lol, just like season 1) but I guess they need a setup to get the pieces in play.\
Quote:
Mio was so natural that I didn’t even notice the seiyuu has changed.
Ditto. Not so sure about the laugh, but she's got Mio down quite well.

Oh, Crotches and asses everywhere. I love it. God help me I do love it so. I love it more than my life.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 18:27   Link #86
Midonin
Last Engage

Nice opener. Some appearances from the game characters, familiar voices and characters, and even Michiko gets her character expanded a bit. The scene with the bear was cute, but baby animals have a way of doing that to most people. I also liked that, aside from the leads, Shakkini were the only other characters to get major speaking roles. They were and still are my favorite duo. I'd say my reasons why, but my reasons for liking most characters have been well-publicized in a million other threads.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 19:37   Link #87
einhorn303

Now that CR is simulcasting Strike Witches 2, all is right with my world.

I'm amazed at how much the beginning of this episode parallels the beginning of the first season's episode. It's the exact same beats...
Spoiler for Ep 1:

The OP is also in many ways the same OP, but reanimated. There's something kind of deep there. It's like AIC is on the "database animal" (ala Hiroki Azuma's book) nature of otaku culture. Sort of like what KyoAni did with Endless Eight, but in a way that won't piss people off.

Spoiler for Ep 1:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombyethan1000 View Post
so...is gonzo gone?
I like the concept of mecha musume...specially in sw where they have fanservice, I approve...
I wonder if there will be blurays of s2
Yes, they were just solicited recently:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%B9%E3...8549358&sr=8-5
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 19:51   Link #88
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by einhorn303 View Post
The OP is also in many ways the same OP, but reanimated. There's something kind of deep there. It's like AIC is on the "database animal" (ala Hiroki Azuma's book) nature of otaku culture. Sort of like what KyoAni did with Endless Eight, but in a way that won't piss people off.
Ah, this goes far beyond "otaku culture". Repitition of motifs is a literary form, and it can be applied to a show about pantsless girls fighting aliens as much as anything else. The ED, too, borrows many of the visual cues. I liked the little logos for each of the girls on this trip 'round.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-07, 21:45   Link #89
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Ep 1 is so nicely made. It really picked up where Gonzo dropped off at season 1, and the OP and ED are nice too....Yeah, Saori Seto really made a good job, I couldn't tell the difference.....

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:18   Link #90
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

i want bathroom action and bedroom action.....if not atleast have a beach or onsen episode.........
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:23   Link #91
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
and same goes for Italy.. dam region block. Why they persist with it? It's not helping the cause, I guess.
Hmm, a proxy based in the US might work. There are some browser based proxies that people can use to watch Youtube and stuff.

Well well finally I can be a part of Strike Witches during it's broadcast run (was dead during the first season).

But I'll have to admit, I couldn't stop myself from smiling ear-to-ear during the crotch shots .... ok, it's one thing when it's for the busty beauties from Sekirei, but it's another thing entirely when it's.... these small girls in Strike Pantsu. If anyone dare call me "lolitron" in this thread, I'll.... slap you with the force

I'm serious! Oh I know, let's change the subject! So how 'bout dat flying boat, eh bud? Sure is a doozie, datta one. Too bad somethin' like dat Spruce Goose ain't going to fly in dis world eva again...

Oh god that butt...

Ok seriously! Not much Mina this ep! (my fav) but I did like seeing Erika's emblem featuring a Daschund. Oh, how I miss seeing that dog (my favorite alongside the Doberman, yeah I'm from Germany). And for some unexplainable reason I'm wanting to see more of the 504 squad...

Not much else to say, was a bit of an easygoing ep. By the way, one thing I have to mention. When I saw Sakamoto in the radio room, why in the world did I think about Damage Exia from Gundam00 S2 episode 01? Maybe it was the cloak (brown). Maybe it was because only one eye was visible.... ah, it must have been the sword. Never mind...

Hahaha crotch shots... what am I thinking...

By the way, I'm not strange for wanting another "Episode 07", right? Right? Tell me I'm lolitronOhImeanSane
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 03:29   Link #92
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

dear lolitron mangatron your not alone i too smiled ear to ear and is now re watching the episode 1 of it >_<

also crotch shot are made as a service to those who love em every thing here is full of love ehheh

but what i want is a a little bit of less censoring

also love the avvy hahaha makes me wanna play project diva again
Old 2010-07-08, 03:33   Link #93
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
dear lolitron mangatron your not alone i too smiled ear to ear and is now re watching the episode 1 of it >_<

also crotch shot are made as a service to those who love em every thing here is full of love ehheh
I see what you almost did there *force-slap

Quote:

Hmm, streamed definitely means censored at first run. Ah, how long will I wait for an episode 07.

And wowser, you actually knew it was from Project Diva, somebody is a big Hatsune Miku fan
Old 2010-07-08, 03:41   Link #94
bombyethan1000

Quote:

What is avvy? You mean the avatar?
Also what is solicitation with the s2 bluray?
bombyethan1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 05:07   Link #95
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I see what you almost did there *force-slap

Hmm, streamed definitely means censored at first run. Ah, how long will I wait for an episode 07.

And wowser, you actually knew it was from Project Diva, somebody is a big Hatsune Miku fan
yeah not just Miku im fan of Vocaloids as a WHOLE an im saving up to buy a new PSP 3000 so i can play project diva 2 outside or in school hehehe and is waiting anxiously for project Diva aracade to me launched internationaly reason why i stopped playing project diva simple IT BUSTED MY CIRCLE BUTTON

anyway after watching and rewatching episode 1

sakamoto seems kinda not her character at first........though miyafuji's voice IS SOOOO IRRITATINGLY CUTE and micchan join the army and sign under miyafuji's assitant soo you wont feel alone when left out and so you can have your oh soo wanting yuri moments in your bunk beds >_< (which is by the way i soo would totaly go for)
Old 2010-07-08, 05:22   Link #96
mangatron

Quote:
IT BUSTED MY CIRCLE BUTTON
LOL I know what you mean. As the primary button, once it dies the whole game dies

Maybe you should have lowered the BPM?

Quote:
anyway after watching and rewatching episode 1

sakamoto seems kinda not her character at first........though miyafuji's voice IS SOOOO IRRITATINGLY CUTE and micchan join the army and sign under miyafuji's assitant soo you wont feel alone when left out and so you can have your oh soo wanting yuri moments in your bunk beds >_< (which is by the way i soo would totaly go for)
Wha? She joined the military? Man, I must really be out of it today (a Blackberry is eluding my repair skills, despite the solution being as clear as day)

Oh the horror! Now I have to watch things at least 2-3 times nowadays (darn you Ichiban for frying my brain!)
Old 2010-07-08, 07:03   Link #97
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So-so episode...Not really sure we needed another soft-reset to start the story off? Shoulda just left the whole gang together in Europe from the start and saved an episode...

Ah well good to have the girls back either way! I do miss the old Mio laugh terribly though...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 07:05   Link #98
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashlotte View Post
So-so episode...Not really sure we needed another soft-reset to start the story off? Shoulda just left the whole gang together in Europe from the start and saved an episode...
Like a Gundam sequel, it just has to happen. It's the best way to get people into the groove of the story, and to show people what it can offer.

The score is just as good as it was in the first season, so i'm pleased they're going all out in the first episode.
Old 2010-07-08, 08:37   Link #99
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
AIC has really become dependable. They did not disappoint with the animation.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-08, 11:27   Link #100
Raiza Sunozaki

By the way, shouldn't this be moved to the Current Series? It has kinda started...
Anyway, I've got mixed feelings about this episode. I saw that it was going to start with Miyafuji back in Japan again; the first season ended with her returning after all, so that had no complaints from me. What annoyed me slightly is that AIC seems to have inherited the concept of "as long as we offer plenty of tantalizing panty shots when they're not neccessary, it's good." I don't mind them when the witches are flying around, since they're kind of inevitable in that scenario. But when some one is walking forward, and they place the camera where we get a close-up view of her crotch; that annoys me.
However, I do like the general animation. The characters are clear and looks as nice as the first season, the movement animation, especially when flying, looks like it will entertain, and while the Neuroi are still obviously CG, they look slightly less CG than before (to me).
The voices are still nice, and while I noticed the difference in Sakamoto's voice, it still suits her personality and body.
What annoyed me the most was how I was able to predict everything that happened in this episode, though that might just be because the script is nearly identical to the first season's first episode. And then there were the required cheesy one-liners which automatically make any character switch from telling you to go away to laughing and welcoming you in.
Still, I didn't hate it, so I'll continue to follow this show.
Raiza Sunozaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume