Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-02-21, 12:15   Link #1
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

True Martial World

True Martial World
Written by 蚕茧里的牛 (Canjian Li De Niu/Cocooned Cow)

Translated by CKtalon (http://gravitytales.com/true-martial-world/)

Synopsis:

With the strongest experts from the 33 Skies, the Human Emperor and his opponent were embroiled in a final battle, ending with the Human Emperor destroying the Abyssal World. A godly artifact, the mysterious purple card that had previously sealed the Abyssal Demon King, disappeared into the space-time vortex and tunneled through infinite space-time.

In the vast wilderness, where martial arts was still slowly growing in its infancy, several peerless masters tried to find their path in the world of martial arts.

A young adult named Yi Yun from modern Earth had unwittingly stumbled into such a world and began that journey with a purple card of unknown origin.

It’s a magnificent yet unknown true martial art world. This is the story of a normal young adult turning into a legendary peerless expert.

Spoiler for Obligatory questions:

The story is slow paced but DEFINITLY a great novel. It's up there with ATG ISSTH MGS DE and so on. The world building is great and the MC has the shittiest background ever but that doesn't stop him from kicking ass. He's not arrogant nor overbearing and the enemies are actually smart and will not let hatred cloud their judgement and such.

I highly recommand this novel.
Old 2016-02-21, 12:32   Link #2
Sparteh

Actually it is quite good. Translations are up to date with raws. Author usually releases 1-2 chapters a day and translator translates them in a few hours.

The biggest problem I see is that it is a bit slow. For example, MC does something and than others comment what he did for a few chapters
Sparteh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 12:32   Link #3
dragon1412

so finally a thread for this huh. Seriously recommended this one. A XIanxia with an actual extensive and detailed world building. The MC who actually isn't buffed up luck god, he do get lucky sometimes though it's not really noticable. The cheat is hella interesting as well
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 12:37   Link #4
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
Actually it is quite good. Translations are up to date with raws. Author usually releases 1-2 chapters a day and translator translates them in a few hours.

The biggest problem I see is that it is a bit slow. For example, MC does something and than others comment what he did for a few chapters
True, the author loves doing that and that's my sole irk for this novel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
so finally a thread for this huh. Seriously recommended this one. A XIanxia with an actual extensive and detailed world building. The MC who actually isn't buffed up luck god, he do get lucky sometimes though it's not really noticable. The cheat is hella interesting as well
It annoyed me how I never came across this novel here so I thought why not ?

The harems were getting on my nerves too. And I'm a guy.
Old 2016-02-21, 12:41   Link #5
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muryai View Post

Not really, normal Xianxia, from my experiences, would always have audiences around to comments on MC. This one is no differents, though i have to handed it to the author, he shrewedly interwined world building into the audiences comment sometimes, it make the audiences less annoying comparing to a few other examples. But yeah, sometimes their meaningless rambling got on my nerve as well,.

TBH, this one is most likely going to end in harem

I love how in this one the MC actually have both shitty background and talent.
Old 2016-02-21, 12:46   Link #6
Sparteh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muryai View Post

Don't talk to soon. This might turn into a harem as well. Though there is only 1 girl that seems to have chances
Old 2016-02-21, 12:46   Link #7
Rreelentless

I'm definitely enjoying how multi purpose the cheat artefact in this is.
in other xianxia's its very obvious what they help with whereas the one here is shown to be able to help him with so much stuff he trying a bit of everything
Rreelentless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 13:42   Link #8
jmcu17

Haven't read this one yet, but I think I can safely recommend this one too. It's been on my list for a while and it's been recommended to me here and other places. The only problem is that it only has 300 chapters or so. Not to be pessimistic, but unless the author plans it to be less than 1,000 chapter, it takes at least that much and more for the story to get rolling.
jmcu17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 14:27   Link #9
itisjustme

I liked it at first but I can't handle the repetitiveness anymore. I swear nothing happens half the chapters except people getting awed and some random out of the ordinary thing MC does.

It's esp jarring after reading the gate of good fortune that has very little of it and 300 chapters in MC's basically won the first stage already and is ready to go to another world. >.>
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-21, 14:38   Link #10
Sparteh

For those who already up to date. Who else is waiting for Yin Yang action? That should at least set 1 question XD
Old 2016-02-21, 19:47   Link #11
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparteh View Post
For those who already up to date. Who else is waiting for Yin Yang action? That should at least set 1 question XD
This will probably happen in a long time but still interesting.
Old 2016-02-21, 22:10   Link #12
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

This series is probably my favourite for now. Especially love Yi Yun and his brick!
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 01:32   Link #13
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoptosis View Post
This series is probably my favourite for now. Especially love Yi Yun and his brick!
In a long line of people beating others in chinese LNs in incredible ways. This is one of the best, if not the best
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 03:27   Link #14
Ayato_kanzaki

Quote:
I lost it several times on that part. This is the kind of moment that really add charm to a novel.
Ayato_kanzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 03:52   Link #15
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

Quote:
One brick to rule the world. The secret one with the brick art.
Old 2016-02-22, 11:11   Link #16
Yoburi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
Not really, normal Xianxia, from my experiences, would always have audiences around to comments on MC. This one is no differents, though i have to handed it to the author, he shrewedly interwined world building into the audiences comment sometimes, it make the audiences less annoying comparing to a few other examples. But yeah, sometimes their meaningless rambling got on my nerve as well,.

TBH, this one is most likely going to end in harem

I love how in this one the MC actually have both shitty background and talent.
I dont think i ever read a novel with a MC having a good background like ever so the talent thing having a shitty one is like 50% of the novels.

I agree on the crown so annoying "This kid is death he will never beat elder brother", "amazing he actually won", "A mere !@$$ realm challeging a #$$@ realm courthing death", "This kid is death he provoke #$%# family", "How is this possible he is only #$%@ realm but this time he will lose for sure" and so on...
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-22, 11:52   Link #17
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
I dont think i ever read a novel with a MC having a good background like ever so the talent thing having a shitty one is like 50% of the novels.

I agree on the crown so annoying "This kid is death he will never beat elder brother", "amazing he actually won", "A mere !@$$ realm challeging a #$$@ realm courthing death", "This kid is death he provoke #$%# family", "How is this possible he is only #$%@ realm but this time he will lose for sure" and so on...
Not really, in most case, you have MC with actual talents that wasn't known or MC background have circumstances. But for now, we actually have MC who:

+ background couldn't get any shittier.

+ MC body is actually falling to the lower end of the normal side, and MC supposedly high comprehension is actually the purple card. MC only edge is that he is smarter than other kids of his age.

the thing the story stand out for me is, MC have absolutely no hidden talents, lower tier cultivation speed and we actually see how this appear, his comprehension is just the purple card, every things he have all boil down to 1 single cheat. MC luck buff is extremely low.
Old 2016-02-22, 20:44   Link #18
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

You mean the other Xian Xia authors didn't bother building up their story's world because they're gunning for the Chinese community cash grab formula (more OP + killing enemies + stress release through killing + imaginary growth (this is also a major factor why games are popular + winning).

I like this one because he actually bothers to lay the foundations of the story without rushing. The protagonist doesn't go 'I've been transported into another world. Now, I want to become the top of this world! (which literally doesn't make any sense at all)'. There's a reason why he is transported, and that reason is also the reason why he, among so many others, managed to stand out better than the rest. Moreover, the protagonist doesn't forget about his origins and often equate his findings to his knowledge on Earth. It is very well done.
Old 2016-02-24, 09:28   Link #19
Muryai
Procrastinating Demi-God

New chap. Yi yun you troll.
Old 2016-02-28, 01:04   Link #20
Corvo269

The brick makes a reappearance, OH GOD This is too hilarious
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote