AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 48
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 13 22.03%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 13 22.03%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 8 13.56%
7 out of 10: Good... 9 15.25%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 6.78%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 5 8.47%
4 out of 10: Poor... 0 0%
3 out of 10: Bad... 1 1.69%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 3 5.08%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 3 5.08%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-09-16, 05:00   Link #21
overloard

Ending was very rushed. Asemu vs Zeheart wasn't even actual fight. Zeheart was having hallucinations entire time and didn't fight back while Asemu was running circles around him and stabbing him with beam saber. I feel like Legilis was totally wasted.

Zeheart x Fram scene was really heartbreaking, the first time I felt something like that about AGE.

Also was good to see Decil again and little insight on his relationships with Zeheart.
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:02   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Poor Fram too, for all the screen-time she got, she only served as a (one sided) love interest & moe element and then killed just like that (Not counting other characters in this series which treated the same). Seriously, what are you smoking, scriptwriters?!! Or do you actually need some smoking to write a decent plot & characters?
Old 2012-09-16, 05:03   Link #23
Super Pilot Pirate

It suits that he could do it quicker. Asemu's Super Pilot status seems to make him a quick learner to not repeat the same mistakes. Thank you StrikeFreedomV2 you're so good to me!
Super Pilot Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:04   Link #24
StrikeFreedomV2
Super Striker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Pilot Pirate View Post
It suits that he could do it quicker. Asemu's Super Pilot status seems to make him a quick learner to not repeat the same mistakes. Thank you StrikeFreedomV2 you're so good to me!
You're welcome
StrikeFreedomV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:05   Link #25
FerrusManus

The AGE-1 Gransa is carrying the Zefuld Launcher again. Very interesting.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:09   Link #26
bio9205
Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
The AGE-1 Gransa is carrying the Zefuld Launcher again. Very interesting.
The missle launchers have been replaced with cannons as well.

Now I REALLY want a HG Genoace O-Custom. The way Obright spun that beam saber out of his shield and caught it with his hand... Crazy. Please, Bandai?

Now that I've more time to think it over, the ending felt too rushed. Asemu thrashing Zeheart was just wait, what just happened? Wish the Legilis would've put up more of a fight though I can understand since Zeheart was just brimming with emotions then. Really sad to see him go, though the whole episode was pretty meh his death didn't impact me as much as I thought it would.
bio9205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:22   Link #27
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
The entire final arc is feel rushed anyway

I really like the part when Filt salute to Diva

final battle between Asemu & Zeheart is like "wait, what happen?" but the final conversation between the 2 rivalry kinda gd to close the chapters between them o.O

This wk is Obright *salute
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 05:25   Link #28
FLCL
I've been Kawarolled

Send a message via AIM to FLCL
Shades of Victory Gundam here. Kill.Em.All. Tomino?
FLCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 06:03   Link #29
Meltyred

There goes Fram and Zeheart, my last few reasons for watching this any longer....
Well monkey sid will be a laugh though, so might as well watch the last ep.
Meltyred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 06:05   Link #30
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

I don't even know what to say.

This ending is worse than Seed Destiny. At least Shin and Rey put up somewhat of a fight. Zeheart just jobs despite having one of the best suits. Doesn't even use bits and loses in 15 seconds...LOL that's got to be a new record for a guy who is built up as one of the final bad guys...
All his development in Gen 2, out the window in 2-3 episodes.
Fram, loses to Obright of all people after being discarded by Zeheart like a tool....un-fucking-believable.

All that's left now is Ezelcant's clone, a guy who hasn't had a single line yet and I'm supposed to give a shit?
Old 2012-09-16, 07:13   Link #31
casval cehack

Good riddance to the terror of Olivernotes and his vegan subordinates: Zeheart. Moving on...

Even though the deaths of Fram (knowingly being sacrificed) and Obright (looking forward to Remi at the end) were handled somewhat better, the end of the long serving Diva evoked more emotion, especially after the flashback scenes and Flit's salute.

Hyper-boosted Darkhound made the battle with the higher-spec Legilis a piece of cake. Too bad he didn't eliminate Zanald or Leil with the same awesomeness in this battle. Where is Kio in the battlefield again?

I guess they have to cram both Sid's return and the greatest vegan pilot for the final episode.
Old 2012-09-16, 09:29   Link #32
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

my thoughts about this episode:

1. So many deaths and all the battles are epic for me.
2. Woolf must be so proud if he could see two of his underlings tearing up x-rounders with inferior suits. The pilot of that ghiraga must really be a noob to begin with. Salutes to Obright for being such a badass.
3. Such a sad thing to see the death of Fram and Zehearts reaction afterwards.
4. And i lol'ed at Zehearts line that " Finally you managed to catch up with me". I was like " what the hell, Asemu had already catched up with you way back, your fights with him after episode 27 has always been in a stalemate." And that's even with an inferior machine. But his lines after that were also very sad, he has all the reasons to be jealous to Asemu. Asemu is just jealous about Zeheart's ability, but with Asemu's life, i mean he has a happy family, a wife, a son, he grew up in a normal life. I'll trade any fighting abilities for a life like that.
5. I'm a bit dissapointed with the darkhound vs legilis fight. It's too one sided. But being a bias, I love the way Asemu trashed Legilis and using everything at his disposal. This episode is really a tribute for normal (super) pilots who utilizes their machines very efficiently.
6. Flit's moment about diva is very nostalgic for me.
7. Overall i give this episode 9/10.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 09:30   Link #33
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
I don't even know what to say.

This ending is worse than Seed Destiny. At least Shin and Rey put up somewhat of a fight. Zeheart just jobs despite having one of the best suits. Doesn't even use bits and loses in 15 seconds...LOL that's got to be a new record for a guy who is built up as one of the final bad guys...
All his development in Gen 2, out the window in 2-3 episodes.
Fram, loses to Obright of all people after being discarded by Zeheart like a tool....un-fucking-believable.

All that's left now is Ezelcant's clone, a guy who hasn't had a single line yet and I'm supposed to give a shit?
This is all a conspiracy to get people to hate AGE more than Destiny so that sales for the Destiny Remaster will be better!

It all makes sense, it's the only way to explain what the heck has been happening in AGE!
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 10:16   Link #34
tsunade666

This is a very sad episode. Lots of deaths in this one but Fram's death cause a pain in my heart and the break down of Zeheart after that. He really isn't in his right mind anymore and just start attacking in a rush manner that's why Asemu trash the hell out of him. It might be too one sided but the guy is already broken in terms of mind and heart. He is already pushed to his limits and doesn't know what to do anymore. Especially when he sacrifice the people he cared for and cared for him. Specially the bye bye scene with Fram. Really sad one Obright was badass guy taking down Leil and Fram with him to death and he will finally met up with Remi. So much death with only 1 episode left to make a final conclusion to the story. Its a good story with its up and down and I still fail to see Kio doing anything good -_- he said he will stop the fighting but he is still cutting down the enemy. I just don't like his whining in the middle of the war and no one is listening to him. Sad to see Diva go with all the 3 generation of Asuno with him and the age system is also gone too. I saluted that ship for all its contribution.
Old 2012-09-16, 11:22   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Pretty nice episode overall

Fram's death was pretty sad. She was so devoted to Zeheart and in the end she gave her life for him and even hoping he would turn back to his kind self (well, kind by Vagan standards). The subsequent breakdown of Zeheart was pitiful. He totally lost himself for a mad man's cause and has suffered a total logic bomb by sacrificing everything he held dear for a place that may not even exist. Kudos to Kamiya Hiroshi for his wonderful voice performance.

Obright went out like a boss. But what bothered me was that Fram and the Ghirarga dude had to suddenly lost their skills so that Obright could take him out...oh well. Not the first time in AGE that this had happened.

Asemu and Zeheart final battle was disappointing and went out far too short. I was expecting an epic duel, Asemu curbstomping Zeheart with all his weapons, great as it was, is not how you make a final battle between two long time friends. Still, I understand Zeheart's break down and like the final talk between the two former friends. I kinda have to laugh at Asemu's sad "ZEHATTTOOOO!!!!" at the end, considering he's the one who threw the anchor shot right at Legillis' head, the cockpit...

The Diva has been sunk. Took them long enough to get rid of that old ship. The AGE builder is gone too. Good. That piece of junk hasn't done anything since...errr....since forever.

With one episode to go and one last minute super Vagan pilot to appear...ah well, this won;t end well
Old 2012-09-16, 11:25   Link #36
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Pretty nice episode overall

Fram's death was pretty sad. She was so devoted to Zeheart and in the end she gave her life for him and even hoping he would turn back to his kind self (well, kind by Vagan standards). The subsequent breakdown of Zeheart was pitiful. He totally lost himself for a mad man's cause and has suffered a total logic bomb by sacrificing everything he held dear for a place that may not even exist. Kudos to Kamiya Hiroshi for his wonderful voice performance.

Obright went out like a boss. But what bothered me was that Fram and the Ghirarga dude had to suddenly lost their skills so that Obright could take him out...oh well. Not the first time in AGE that this had happened.

Asemu and Zeheart final battle was disappointing and went out far too short. I was expecting an epic duel, Asemu curbstomping Zeheart with all his weapons, great as it was, is not how you make a final battle between two long time friends. Still, I understand Zeheart's break down and like the final talk between the two former friends. I kinda have to laugh at Asemu's sad "ZEHATTTOOOO!!!!" at the end, considering he's the one who threw the anchor shot right at Legillis' head, the cockpit...

The Diva has been sunk. Took them long enough to get rid of that old ship. The AGE builder is gone too. Good. That piece of junk hasn't done anything since...errr....since forever.

With one episode to go and one last minute super Vagan pilot to appear...ah well, this won;t end well
All that's left is predicting how much of a trainwreck the anime's ending is.
Old 2012-09-16, 11:27   Link #37
Blazer-X

So, with this episode, Zeheart comes back full circle. Despite being a complete jerk since given a Gundam, I found it hard not to sympathize with the guy at his last moments. This episode shows how he was basically facing his mid-life crisis. His best friend has been married and happy while he basically sacrificed all of his life and subordinates for a plan that he finds out is all bogus. Not content with having wasted his life and those close to him, he falls farther into madness and sacrifice his closest subordinate, his possible love interest, and himself.

In that sense, I feel that his swift defeat by Asemu, while anticlimactic, is very fitting. He's basically lost everything: his friends, his humanity, and even his purpose. I find it ironic that in Gen 2, Zeheart was the one calling Asemu out for lacking a purpose for fighting (and hence why Asemu couldn't win), and now we have a complete role reversal: Zeheart realizing that he has forgotten his true purpose for fighting, while Asemu is the one with the conviction to protect those he loves.

Its a shame we did not get to explore this side of him until this episode. I really wished the hallucinations with Daz, Dole, and Desil had came up sooner. Having his doubt in himself slowly build up for the 3-4 episodes after accepting as Ezelcant's successor would have made better story-telling. Instead, he goes from being a competent leader for 3 episodes, even gaining his confidence of inheriting Ezelcant's will after defeating Sid, to suddenly drowning himself in guilt and doubt at the beginning of this episode.

Now, onto the other characters:

Jonathan and Leil were basically characters introduced to die. They made some decent fight scenes, so while there isn't really any sympathy for them, they accomplished their job properly.

Obright was definitely badass, having defeated Leil and stalemated with Fram. But you know the guy was going to bite the dust as soon as Diva, his home, was set up as a sacrifice. And lo and behold, he dies along with Diva by the Vegan Death Ray.

Fram... served the purpose she has always been hoping for since her debut in battle. Okay... I honestly think that was crappy writing, not because of her character, but because there was no reason for Zeheart to send her out specifically for this mission. Its like Zeheart specifically chose her so that he could break down at the last 5 minutes of the episode. Why couldn't he have chosen to have another decoy ship with evacuated crew like how Flit evacuated the Diva? Or screw over Zanald by egging him to go after the Diva, and therefore, taking out both of his biggest problems in one swoop?

And what exactly did Fram accomplished? Besides making Flit look like a better commander than Zeheart (which we already knew, since Zeheart lost to Flit in every major battle in Gen 2), nothing. Her love for Zeheart was too one-sided to have any impact. As much as it is mushy romance writing, I would have preferred it if Fram had confessed to Zeheart during their newty--err, X-Rounder moment and Zeheart having realize that he also had feelings for her. It would have made his mental breakdown all the more stronger, and made his line about wanting to be married and getting children all the more fitting. But, alas, the writer decides to just make Fram look sympathetic if only for stupidly following a man who doesn't love her back.

Anyhow, that was a huge wall of text. Looking forward for Zera in action next episode, although for me, this episode was already the finale climax.
Blazer-X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:06   Link #38
Zeydra
A random passerby

Well, despite saying I would wait till next week I watched it anyway, and frankly that was one of the best episodes in a long while. Lots of action, Kio sidelined as he should be, Fram kicking ass, and Obright doing the same and going out in style.

I particularly like how Zeheart was concluded actually. Finally we have a definitive view of where he stands and the twisted "logic" he was going by, and killing those he held dear and then having it immediately being for naught sent him over the edge. A suitably pathetic and tragic end for someone who could honestly be seen as somewhat pathetic and tragic to begin with.

Love the irony in his fate too, all through gen 2 he's telling Asemu that he's too kind hearted for battle and that he shouldn't be fighting, yet it was Zeheart's kind heart that led to his demise while Asemu became what can be argued as the perfect warrior (sorry, I mean Super Pilot).

We never got a major conclusive showdown between the two, but frankly I liked this more than any showdown they could have done. Roll on the final episode!
Zeydra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:19   Link #39
AznBoy00

All I can say is that the ending was rushed... Expecting a special edition with more fight scene... because the fight of Asemu vs Zeheart was like WTF, didn't take him long to tear the Legilis apart :/ Hopefully the next episode will be way better and won't be rushed at the end...
AznBoy00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-16, 12:53   Link #40
gundamdrawer
Super Pilot

I just realize that the reason why zeheart didn't got the chance to use his bits is that legilis' left arm got severed early on.

I realized the reason why Kio sucks as of this moment is because unlike flit and asemu, he doesn't have a badass ally named woolf!
gundamdrawer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion