AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-02-12, 19:01   Link #2761
LeoXiao
思想工作

The Leopard isn't a very fun tank (bad maneuverability+bad gun) so sure why not.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 19:35   Link #2762
Gravitas Free Zone

Yeah, the Leopard has some problems.

The VK2801 is a bit more maneuverable than the Leopard, but still bleeds a lot of speed in tight turns. I really couldn't duel in it, I had to make wide turns, shoot, never stop moving, and try to disengage (while driving deeper into enemy territory, because a tight 180 turn would knock me down to 30-40 KPH and some Tier X would vaporize me). The Tier V 105mm derp gun can damage things, but really doesn't impress Tier 8-10 unless you've got HEAT loaded.

Of course, this is also because I didn't really try passive scouting in it; the camo values for it aren't too bad, but I didn't want to reassign my best scout crew to it either. Passive scouting should at least be possible, and with a camo net it should be able to run up to a forward position and hide.

But I wanted to try what everyone else seems to do with it, pack a derp gun, and beat on things. It probably would do better with that in packs, like the GUP clan game.

And this description is oriented toward higher-tier games. It's pretty nasty on low-tier games, but those are extremely rare considering its MM starts at Tier 7.

Still have it in the garage though.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-02-12 at 19:52.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 19:55   Link #2763
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
but still bleeds a lot of speed in tight turns.
T-25, enough said.

Also, use Off-Road Driving to cut down on the bleeding.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-12, 20:15   Link #2764
Gravitas Free Zone

The driver that I put in the VK2801 had 75% Off-Road Driving. Wasn't a huge change.

I still want to practice with the VK2801 more; mostly right now, though, the extra learning curve for it isn't worth the time versus my other grind trees. After all, at the moment there's nothing after it.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-02-12 at 20:30.
Old 2013-02-13, 03:17   Link #2765
Blaat

Wouldn't clutch breaking be better for improving turns rather than off road driving?
Old 2013-02-13, 09:42   Link #2766
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Wouldn't clutch breaking be better for improving turns rather than off road driving?
It depends on the tank. The VK 2801 has good traverse (48 deg/s) but relatively bad terrain resistance, which is why it bleeds speed when turning.
Old 2013-02-13, 09:49   Link #2767
Gravitas Free Zone

It also accelerates poorly, which is another thing that Off-Road can help out, somewhat.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:00   Link #2768
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Or you can be like me, grind a Chaffee You have no idea how many times I spin a T9 to death. LOL

Worth every penny!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:08   Link #2769
Pen3

Just noticed one of my crew members name is Crisp.
Spoiler for Size:
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 14:22   Link #2770
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Spoiler for Size:
I still think I win with Ted Bundy. Unless you're referring to an excessive tendency for that tank to catch fire.

I think seeing that much Lynette all the time would distract me.
Old 2013-02-13, 14:55   Link #2771
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

A witches tank. It must be burned before it turns other tanks into Newts.
Old 2013-02-13, 14:57   Link #2772
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Last night I had the most horrifying losing rate of my life: 34 loses IN A ROW. I couldn't even do the x2 because of that. No matter how I played, my team ALWAYS find the way to lose half of their member on the first 3 minutes.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 16:21   Link #2773
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pen3 View Post
Spoiler for Size:
how did you get your garage to be customized like that? I want a Miku Hatsune Garage. you got some mods for that? shoot I want to customize my garage and tanks, that way I don't have to stare at a bunch of dudes in the garage.

just talking about it makes me feel gay... tch its annoying.
Old 2013-02-13, 17:41   Link #2774
LeoXiao
思想工作

Just realized that using premium I can grind credits with the E50 better than I can with a tier 5.
LeoXiao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:38   Link #2775
Gravitas Free Zone

North America, at least: Valentine's Day Bonus Code for one day of premium.

And I noticed that there's a gift shop opening for the JT88. Seeing as my TDs stop at the StuG and I don't really plan on going up the line, it's probably not something I should do, since... real money.
Old 2013-02-13, 23:28   Link #2776
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Okay people, a question

In my third acc I have almost 22k xp on the wolverine, so which tank should I proceed to, the Hellcat or the Jackson?

On one side i'm conflicted, because the hellcat is very fast but ANYTHING can pen it (The pleasure to oneshot hellcats in my KV-2 is priceless), meanwhile the Jackson has good armor but mediocre speed, but it can bounce some shots fired against it.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 23:34   Link #2777
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post
And I noticed that there's a gift shop opening for the JT88. Seeing as my TDs stop at the StuG and I don't really plan on going up the line, it's probably not something I should do, since... real money.
Do it only if you plan on getting the Ferdinand/Jagdtiger/JagdPz E-100 through Tiger P. Those three TDs have six crew members, which fits the 8.8 cm PaK 43 Jagdtiger
Old 2013-02-14, 03:39   Link #2778
Blaat

The valentine code is also on the EU servers.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:31   Link #2779
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigon 13 View Post
Okay people, a question

In my third acc I have almost 22k xp on the wolverine, so which tank should I proceed to, the Hellcat or the Jackson?

On one side i'm conflicted, because the hellcat is very fast but ANYTHING can pen it (The pleasure to oneshot hellcats in my KV-2 is priceless), meanwhile the Jackson has good armor but mediocre speed, but it can bounce some shots fired against it.
If you're the type who snipes at the rear and/or generally has a good handle for medium tank handling, the Hellcat is overall the superior tank. While you're not gonna circlestrafe with it, the Hellcat is capable of some awesome flanking moves due to its speed, and said speed also allows you to get to the best camping spots before anyone else does.

On the other hand if you find yourself preferring some close-range TD action, the Jackson is better in that regard.

Also, Patch 8.4 Public Test is up and running.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2013-02-14 at 07:36.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-14, 11:28   Link #2780
Gravitas Free Zone

With the help of some good platooning, I'm back to one win from 51.5%. It'll probably go horribly wrong again, of course.

Moved out of the Sherman Jumbo to a decent heavy:

And, since Teru got to see it in a game first, here is the horror that I've been alluding to for a couple of days now:

Spoiler for Yep.:

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks