AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2005-12-27, 16:37   Link #61
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
When Kaede and Asa are crying together .... basically Asa is apologizing to Kaede for Rin choosing Asa over Kaede... as if there isn't a lot to be done about it. Kaede is apologizing because.... well with whats left of Kaede's self-esteem she's apologizing to the whole universe. The scene is very wrenching ... two girls crying and repeating "gomen nasai" to each other... and ep 22 when Kaede is mothering Rin as he packs the last things up and she breaks down again tells me she isn't really over it.

ep 22 also pretty much shows that none of the girls are giving up... just conceding the current round.

Agree on the first part. Poor Kaede I'd be suprised if there is ANY self-esteem left there. Or feeling of purpose for that matter. Thank God there's Primula

Agree with the second part but with one addition. Even Kareha joins the fight
And Tsubomi with her savage appetite for ... um.... ice-cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
It seems strange but Nerine said that she needed time for her love for rin to grow, but she hasn't done anything to or with rin, unlike sia/kikyou. I wonder what her strategy is?
The plan is not to love Rin and turn like Sia - dumped when everything seemed ok - or Kaede - don't even need to comment on Kaede's case . She's the wisest of the group, remember? She KNOWS (now that Lycoris is out of her system) that Rin is not that nice

That's the way, NO TO DRUGS (obviously Rin wasn't paying attention)
Old 2005-12-27, 16:58   Link #62
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

The problem with girls is that they all believe that they can chance the guy!
So maybe Nerine thinks that way to.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:19   Link #63
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by npal
That's all probably in you mind Rin tried to kiss Sia, too.
I'm gonna take it you have a bad memory...you and me have been debating alot...you should well be aware that I argued that had it not been for Sia's dad he would've likely ended up with Sia.

If you need me to clear things up, I will.

7 - Rin notices Asa as a girl for the first time...hint. Foundation is built.

13-14 - Rin starts developing feelings for her. It starts building on the foundation that was built in 7.

Question for you.
And which episode # did Rin try to kiss Sia?

Quote:
I have to agree with the last part, Asa wasn't doing anything at all And yet she won...
Asa not doing anything at all? I take it you haven't seen episode 5, the part where Primula was sick, etc.

Quote:
Edit : Not to mention that Rin told Sia that he was sorry, because he thought about being with her alone, too (beach episode) But Asa fans can disregard that as well.
Again, Sia's dad, blame it on him for screwing so many things up. Sia so had it in.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:20   Link #64
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far it looks like Nerine's strategy is just to be around a LOT .... and be someone that Rin finds it easy to talk to (as well as hurl her omelettes of love). The manga does a better job of portraying her tactics (damned anime time constraints).
Nerine's dad is already angling for a polygamous chance and Kareha explicitly mentions it to Asa (who clearly needs a lot of time to process that idea).

Loved Asa's reaction and Kareha's Buddha-like responses in the cafe.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:24   Link #65
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Question for you.
And which episode # did Rin try to kiss Sia?
End of Episode 9 (Episode on the beach). Guess I'm not the only one that has a selective memory. I think you'll find the whole Sia-Rin interaction quite interesting. Hope that refreshes your memory

That part about Rin feeling sorry is also in Episode nine
Old 2005-12-27, 17:25   Link #66
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
End of Episode 9 (Episode on the beach). Guess I'm not the only one that has a selective memory. I think you'll find the whole Sia-Rin interaction quite interesting. Hope that refreshes your memory

That part about Rin feeling sorry is also in Episode nine
Does that clear things up for you? Do you see where I was going with those points? I was never ignoring Sia at that point.

Of course I found it interesting, there's nothing more interesting than dumping a guy and a girl on an island (deserted just for the moment) and having them trying to survive. That has hentai written all over it.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:32   Link #67
npal
I desire Tomorrow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness
Does that clear things up for you? Do you see where I was going with those points? I was never ignoring Sia at that point.

Of course I found it interesting, there's nothing more interesting than dumping a guy and a girl on an island (deserted just for the moment) and having them trying to survive. That has hentai written all over it.
Well, what I am saying that AsaxRin development is less natural considering Rin's interactions with Sia. Maybe her father scared Rin a bit with the marriage thing, but that's not reason enough for Rin to dump Sia, after all that. It's just that people say: Rin tried to kiss Asa -> clear hint. Which is NOT a clear hint, as Rin has done that before.

What does hentai have to do with that?
Old 2005-12-27, 17:37   Link #68
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Well, what I am saying that AsaxRin development is less natural considering Rin's interactions with Sia.
Maybe, maybe not.

Sia was a girl who just all of a sudden came out of no where and said, "MARRY ME!" Given the short period of time he starts dating with her and so forth.

Asa on the other hand knew Rin for some time and no doubt had been flirting with him as evident from episode 1. So they had already had a relationship, a foundation, to work with, just took it to the next level after a bit. In episode 14, Rin pours out his heart when he admits that he needs Asa and remembers all the good times he had with her and what she always did for him. When Rin fell down Asa picked him up.

Quote:
Maybe her father scared Rin a bit with the marriage thing, but that's not reason enough for Rin to dump Sia, after all that. It's just that people say: Rin tried to kiss Asa -> clear hint. Which is NOT a clear hint, as Rin has done that before.
No I think it was more of Sia's decision.

To be honest, I think Sia was the....how do you call it? A test run for RIn? The wake-up call to everyone that that would be the reality when Rin finally chooses someone?

Sia took the shot for Asa

That turbo cannon was just waiting for the first one to capture RIn's heart and SIa, in her rush, wanted Rin and got shot. It needed time to reload so Asa came in for the kill.

Quote:

What does hentai have to do with that?
Old 2005-12-27, 17:38   Link #69
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

Quote:
The manga does a better job of portraying her tactics
In the manga Nerine is the one that rin talks to for his problems , what happened to asa?

EDIT: Sia was just a test run for rin?? That's cold, using a nice girl like sia.
Old 2005-12-27, 17:42   Link #70
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Searcher
In the manga Nerine is the one that rin talks to for his problems , what happened to asa?
It *looks* like the manga is going to play with the competition a lot longer before Asa really becomes something other than cheerleader on the sidelines ... though they play with the flirting a lot more and Ama always gets this beatific smile when she sees them close or in physical contact.

So yeah.. by being the one Rin can comfortably talk to, Nerine scores longer enduring pointage in the manga
(she's like a submarine ..... always closing in on target )
Old 2005-12-27, 17:48   Link #71
Searcher
RRR/Kotori/Tessa Servant

But looks like Nerine will get burned when asa suddenly gets to spend more time with rin.
Unless the manga ends differently then the anime, in that case i will buy the manga as well.
Old 2005-12-27, 18:58   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
i dont think that she will die the studio kept talking about a new innovative ending and her dieing would be way to predictable i think they are just keep us on our toes because they know that we will do exactly what were doing now but if i am wrong i will be really upset because i am a proud memeber of the Asa Club damn it and i am tired of my favorite charcters ending dead all the time
Old 2005-12-27, 19:52   Link #73
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I have a suspicion the Innovative Ending involves the "time paradox" ....

and there will be a chorus of "o hell, wtf?, wait a minute... aieeeee!!!!~"
Old 2005-12-27, 20:08   Link #74
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

I'm a little weak on this time paradox, can you expand it a bit?
Old 2005-12-27, 20:08   Link #75
Apekatt
Monkeycat

@Vexx's post:
That's a really good theory. Tick Tack has proven that time travel is possible in the "Shuffle-universe" and if the producers really wants to have an "original ending" they should make use of it. That way they could release OVA's for each girl, something that would probably make most of us happy (well... maybe not the Asa fans but whatever). Or they could just flip out completly and pull an evangelion on us (episode 25-26 anyone? )
Old 2005-12-27, 20:13   Link #76
Abbott
Munior Jember

I'd be pretty sad if Asa ended up dead. She's my favourite of the 5 main girls, and although I really like the others, especially Kaede, I think Asa is the one that deserves the most happiness. If being with Rin makes her happy, that's great, and I doubt there'd be many other blokes out there who could put up with her beatings and illness.

If she was to die, I wouldn't want to see any of the other girls with Rin, I mean, they could do much better than an idiot like him.

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-27, 20:16   Link #77
Furudanuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
i dont think that she will die the studio kept talking about a new innovative ending and her dieing would be way to predictable ...
Back when Shuffle! was just starting, if someone had given me a description for each character and then told me that the male lead would pick the girl who was the harem bokukko, and older than him as well, I would have laughed myself silly. I wouldn't call it "new" or "innovative", but in the harem anime genre having a bokukko character chosen by the lead is very rare, and an older female partner is just about unheard of. (Note - I am excluding Tenchi Muyo from this because ALL of the female characters are older than Tenchi!) So from my perspective having Asa die would be more predictable than Rin picking her in the first place - I have seen a lot of anime where the love interest dies or the lovers are torn apart for some reason.
Old 2005-12-27, 21:13   Link #78
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbott
I'd be pretty sad if Asa ended up dead. She's my favourite of the 5 main girls, and although I really like the others, especially Kaede, I think Asa is the one that deserves the most happiness. If being with Rin makes her happy, that's great, and I doubt there'd be many other blokes out there who could put up with her beatings and illness.

If she was to die, I wouldn't want to see any of the other girls with Rin, I mean, they could do much better than an idiot like him.

Spoiler:
Being a guy who likes Shakespeare, the Romeo and Juliet ending would sound plausible and nice, but then again like Furudankui said, having a lover die or similar situations have happened already.

That and the game never ventured that way. Having the characters die like that would be completely unnecessary and would anger alot of fans. There is no reason why the writers should please the minority who cry about every single little detail and when their girls didn't win. The whole point of the anime is to be based on the game and follow it's foundations. It would be unwise to completely deviate from the already established storyline.
Old 2005-12-27, 21:33   Link #79
Lina Inverse
SL Aki fanclub president

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-27, 23:21   Link #80
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moon Eclipse
Okay now that we've moved on to something else I want to hear from the AAA. My personal feelings aside, are you guys okay/happy with how Asa got Rin?
Why wouldn't I be?

I mean the other girls were pushed aside a little too easily, but how is that Asa's fault? I felt the Rin x Asa relationship went very smoothly. It's just the rest of the story that got some of the shaft.