AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 174 48.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 100 27.93%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 43 12.01%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 5.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 13 3.63%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 0.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.28%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 4 1.12%
Voters: 358. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-05-02, 14:48   Link #741
FuzzyWuzzy

Ok I've come up with an explanation. The Vincent is just so dang powerful and tough that even explosions do not damage it.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 14:49   Link #742
CharlesDiBritannia
IRABUYUU

Yet bullets do? -_-
CharlesDiBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 14:58   Link #743
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Ok I've come up with an explanation. The Vincent is just so dang powerful and tough that even explosions do not damage it.
sorry, doesn't work like that.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 15:40   Link #744
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Hmm I overlooked the fact that his Vincent was unaffected by his Geass...and there's no hint of a direct neural link.

Anyways...Laws of Anime rulzzz
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 17:52   Link #745
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
Hmm I overlooked the fact that his Vincent was unaffected by his Geass...and there's no hint of a direct neural link.

Anyways...Laws of Anime rulzzz
just don't think about it anymore, it is what it is. >_>
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 18:12   Link #746
Aquaman OS

It works in the same way that the Vincent Lancelot and Guren are able to move like people and jump around and use martial arts type moves while the grunts can only rollerskate around and attack with their standard weapons, and if they are they really skilled maybe pull of a small jump with the help of Harkens.

In other words it looks cool stop thinking about it.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 18:52   Link #747
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Vincent vs Lancelot, that's what I'm dying to watch. Rolo seems to be on par with Suzaku as far as piloting skills, so unless Suzaku has a geass of his own he's pretty much screwed vs Rolo.
Revolutionist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 19:01   Link #748
KrimzonStriker

Lancelot has got a greater inventory of weapons though, and a float system for the time being so if he knows about Rolo he can just back off and pummel him with the VARIS from Afar >_>
Old 2008-05-02, 20:04   Link #749
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

i wouldn't think suzaku would have a chance. lets assume he didnt know about rolo. by the time he did and tried to do that. he would be pieces.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 21:04   Link #750
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

I enjoyed the new character Rolo a lot also the part how he ended up get exploited by Lulu . Over all a really good enjoyable episode : D
Old 2008-05-02, 21:59   Link #751
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
^ Alright, I will set aside the issue of Urabe and Kallen as it seems it is too controversial about physics and trajectory.

That aside, if Rolo is really relying on his Geass alone, that doesn't explain 2 odd point:

1) When Urabe exploded himself, the vincent was TAKEN WITHIN IT.
If the vincent isn't able to lightfast dash/teleport, it would take damage to FULL force (that's what Ashlay ranted about back in episode 3, when "mind freeze" was pretty much confirmed.

2) Again, the Radar in this episode:

In this instance, there is NOTHING aside 4 KF: lelouch is at the center (red dots), the 2 BK KF that are about to protect him (red dots on the sides), and a Brittanian KF which is "lost target" teleporting around.
  • First, Britannian KF are always showed with that specific "blue ship dot" on radars.
  • Second, there isn't any other britannian KF aside of Vincent, as the others are fall back due of the territory (and shown they basically stay on the collapsed bridge).
  • Third, vincent has been shown having a zigzag trajectory much like what lancelot do as well.
Hence, the teleporting blue dot can only be vincent, which is teleporting for the RADAR, not lelouch.

both points prove the vincent can deliver an insane dash and/or Sunrise just screwed up, mixing that Rolo can mind freeze but other time, he litteraly do ZA WARUDO.
It is inconsistent as Rolo should be able to dodge that Sniper Bullet which he couldn't. It is definitely a scripter mistake, it isn't that bad, but not everything can be explained with his geass at all.

EDIT:

Not only that, but Lelouch was in front of him.
Hence why the whole "genius" plan is pretty much flawed in that regard. If we remove the "odd teleporting" issue, the problem is that it is not possible, "honestly" wise, to protect rolo from that shot. He would need to do that before the shot (hence exposing himself that it is an act), OR: Rolo is really mediocre to the point of Lelouch can do manoeuvres quicker than him (and this is not a compliment).
Well your post here is really good. But i think it was explained well as how Rolo's geass works. He stop times of others.

When he was battling Urabe he used his geass before explosion. If he had used his geass after explosion then he would have gotten involved.

So i dont think his abbilty is mind freez. Its basically stopping time of others. In this instance( episode 4) the fire was shot , now even if he used his geass he wouldnt be able to dodge it. However if He realized at the exact time( or before) as when that guy fired that shot he would have been able to dodge it.

Also one could argue the explosion was not a moving thing and it only occured at that place. So thus the geass worked.

One last thing to remember, Code geass is just an anime, and thus sometimes might not make sense. In future we might learn about rollo's geass.

Also There might be some lag time before the geass is activated
Old 2008-05-03, 17:33   Link #752
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
I posted that theory like a week ago. Unfortunately, even though Rolo confirms to Lelouch that he stops people's perception of time or something like that, it doesn't help us with the exploding KMF in ep. 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
just don't think about it anymore, it is what it is. >_>
I think this is the sanest option. This must be an instance of "anime physics" at work. Or in this case, anime metaphysics. TBH, C.C. having green hair is more of an issue for me than Rolo's Geass behaving inconsistently.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 19:02   Link #753
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
C.C. having green hair is more of an issue for me than Rolo's Geass behaving inconsistently.
Or Lelouch Purple eyes <_< and viletta's orange ones >_>
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 19:14   Link #754
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Wasn't Elisabeth Taylor famous for her purple eyes?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-03, 19:25   Link #755
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Wasn't Elisabeth Taylor famous for her purple eyes?
I'd say they are blue or grayish, but other people claim they look violet. Go figure.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-30, 23:22   Link #756
Miraploy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Rolo I can see dying protecting his "brother". Depending on how they get along, Lulu may shed a tear, or if he never let anything grow in between them, will laugh his ass off at Rolo's sacrifice. Either way the guy will die whilst being lied to.

Nanali will never die. She is loli, how can she?
In retrospect, so right. Though he was a bit moved.
Miraploy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-07, 02:12   Link #757
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

I like the beginning of this episode when it showed Rolo's past he is so cute when he was a kid I also like the whole part when Lelouch/Zero rescued Ohgi and the others that was pretty cool.

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote