AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-30, 08:31   Link #1001
Westlo
Lets be reality

Volume 3 Blueray cover ftw, best one yet.

2 pics from the OP leaked, I'll post it in the spoiler thread... interesting one for Sheryl... not so for Ranka... since it just shows her singing with her image imposed over the Monster... which we knew about last episode.

1000 posts in the Sheryl thread for the win, 11% from yours truly!

Last edited by Westlo; 2008-07-30 at 09:36.
Old 2008-07-30, 09:40   Link #1002
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Man i love Sheryl in ep 16. She shows her independent streak and even get Wilder to let her sit on the bridge. How could any not love that girl. Also, that guard that let her on the bridge... well I don't blame him. He's probably dead as the kiss probably stopped his heart and he realized he had nothing else to live for cause it was and probably would be the highlight of his life.
Old 2008-07-30, 10:06   Link #1003
Prov1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post

2 pics from the OP leaked, I'll post it in the spoiler thread... interesting one for Sheryl... not so for Ranka... since it just shows her singing with her image imposed over the Monster... which we knew about last episode.

Sorry, I don't know if this was answered but this is a question about Sheryl. How come she suddenly has blonde hair, then blue hair? Is it the lighting or wig?
Old 2008-07-30, 10:11   Link #1004
cerrian

Quote:

That's a damn nice cover.
Old 2008-07-30, 10:12   Link #1005
cerrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prov1 View Post
Sorry, I don't know if this was answered but this is a question about Sheryl. How come she suddenly has blonde hair, then blue hair? Is it the lighting or wig?
When she's doing a concert, she has some kind of holographic thingy going on. You see it in action during ep 1. Look for something like an arm band on her right arm.
Old 2008-07-30, 11:13   Link #1006
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by squaresphere View Post
Man i love Sheryl in ep 16. She shows her independent streak and even get Wilder to let her sit on the bridge. How could any not love that girl. Also, that guard that let her on the bridge... well I don't blame him. He's probably dead as the kiss probably stopped his heart and he realized he had nothing else to live for cause it was and probably would be the highlight of his life.
I think that guy will kill himself the moment that lipstick mark fade away. So he may try to preserve it somehow

Serious the front cover of Volume 3 looks absolutely astonished, amazing, awesome (4A). Too bad that we don't have the back cover to see the full picture (as i don't think any1 will dare to crop Sheryl's hand out)

Good job Westlo
Old 2008-07-30, 12:15   Link #1007
cerrian

So the volume 3 cover got me curious about how well are the DVD's and Blue-Rays holding up on Amazon.co.jp. Boy was I surprised!

Blue-Rays:

1st - Macross Frontier volume 2
2nd - Macross Frontier volume 1
3rd - Macross Frontier volume 5
4th - Macross Frontier volume 3
5th - Macross Frontier volume 4
6th - Code Geass R2 volume 1

For all DVDs:

6th - Macross Frontier volume 2 (B-R)
7th - Macross Frontier volume 1 (B-R)
13th - Macross Frontier volume 5 (B-R)
15th - Macross Frontier volume 3 (B-R)
18th - Code Geass R2 volume 1 (DVD)
23rd - Macross Frontier volume 4 (B-R)

Although I have no idea what their criteria is for ranking these DVDs/B-Rs, it's still a very good sign to see MF dominating the front page.

---> Moving discussion to the generic thread
Old 2008-07-30, 12:39   Link #1008
MaiHikari

Doesn't Ranka's mother has blue hair? And someone mentioned she looked like Sheryl with blue hair.
Old 2008-07-30, 12:46   Link #1009
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerrian View Post
So the volume 3 cover got me curious about how well are the DVD's and Blue-Rays holding up on Amazon.co.jp. Boy was I surprised!

Blue-Rays:

1st - Macross Frontier volume 2
2nd - Macross Frontier volume 1
3rd - Macross Frontier volume 5
4th - Macross Frontier volume 3
5th - Macross Frontier volume 4
6th - Code Geass R2 volume 1

For all DVDs:

6th - Macross Frontier volume 2 (B-R)
7th - Macross Frontier volume 1 (B-R)
13th - Macross Frontier volume 5 (B-R)
15th - Macross Frontier volume 3 (B-R)
18th - Code Geass R2 volume 1 (DVD)
23rd - Macross Frontier volume 4 (B-R)

Although I have no idea what their criteria is for ranking these DVDs/B-Rs, it's still a very good sign to see MF dominating the front page.

---> Moving discussion to the generic thread
Frontier is about the worst thing to happen to my wallet in ages. It forced me to not only get the BDs, but also forced me to get a PS3 to actually play them...And then there is stray, who set a bad example and has caused me to waver back and forth over getting the Zero box set or not. But it was all started by Frontier and its overwhelming awesomeness. Of course, a lot of that awesomeness comes for Sheryl.
Old 2008-07-30, 12:50   Link #1010
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaiHikari View Post
Doesn't Ranka's mother has blue hair? And someone mentioned she looked like Sheryl with blue hair.
Ranshe, as she was shown in Episode 14's vision aboard the Vajra mothership, had really long dark green hair. I checked the pictures, and it's hard to say who she really looks like because the character designs for this series have been all over the board due to subcontracting to outside studios.

For example, the Ranka and Sheryl in episode 8 looks completely different then the Ranka and Sheryl in episode 12. Thus, because of this subcontracting variant, it's hard to say if Ranshe looks like Sheryl or Grace or whoever because you don't have a stable point of comparison.
Old 2008-07-30, 13:00   Link #1011
Darial
Otaku in disguise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ickem View Post
Frontier is about the worst thing to happen to my wallet in ages.
I am really tempted to have my wife pick up the Blu-ray DVDs and a VF-25 model when she goes back to Japan in the winter. Unfortunately, she'll probably ask for a corresponding increase in her shopping budget if I make the request. Thankfully she won't be going back until the series are over, so I can make an informed decision as to whether this is my new all time favorite or I need to find a neuralizer and use it on myself.

Quote:
Of course, a lot of that awesomeness comes for Sheryl.
Can't agree more.
Old 2008-07-30, 13:01   Link #1012
Teletha

Volume 3 is the best cover so far. No bias at all either. I bought volume 1 Blu-Ray too, but I already had the PS3. But still, it's going to be costly. I'm praying the end is good enough to justify the money spent.
Old 2008-07-30, 13:06   Link #1013
ickem
シェリルの為に!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
Volume 3 is the best cover so far. No bias at all either. I bought volume 1 Blu-Ray too, but I already had the PS3. But still, it's going to be costly. I'm praying the end is good enough to justify the money spent.
If it isn't I will use my BDs to build an altar to curse Kawamori. I think the offerings would be sufficient to get Sheryl-sama to hear my wish.
Old 2008-07-30, 13:07   Link #1014
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Frontier is about the worst thing to happen to my wallet in ages. It forced me to not only get the BDs, but also forced me to get a PS3 to actually play them...And then there is stray, who set a bad example and has caused me to waver back and forth over getting the Zero box set or not. But it was all started by Frontier and its overwhelming awesomeness. Of course, a lot of that awesomeness comes for Sheryl.
At least there's no risk of you getting the Seven DVD sets
Old 2008-07-30, 16:16   Link #1015
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

mmm. great cover. i would love to splash money out for the blu-ray editions, but my wallet is strangely light.. lol

and yes, it is a holographic type thing that lets her change hair color and clothes on the fly. like that one time where she was in a concert and frontier was attacked, the hologram went away and she was wearing just a basic outfit.
Old 2008-07-30, 16:22   Link #1016
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
mmm. great cover. i would love to splash money out for the blu-ray editions, but my wallet is strangely light.. lol
Yeah, I know huh, ever since they replaced paper money with plastic cards, my wallet have been surprisingly light as of late. But that does not stop me from getting the DVD, and neither should it prevent you from swiping it!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-08-04, 09:51   Link #1017
Westlo
Lets be reality

Okay a little over 3 days to go!

What do people think that Grace's revelation to Sheryl will be? Will she tell Sheryl she's a clone? Or a modified human? Or that she's now shipping for Ranka and Alto? Or something else completely?
Old 2008-08-04, 10:01   Link #1018
magnuskn

Quote:
Okay a little over 3 days to go!

What do people think that Grace's revelation to Sheryl will be? Will she tell Sheryl she's a clone? Or a modified human? Or that she's now shipping for Ranka and Alto? Or something else completely?
Iīm thinking genetic copy of Ranshe Mei. But I donīt know if Grace will outright tell her that, after all Sheryl could do much damage to Graces faction if she goes to the right people with this information.

Iīm guessing more that Grace will tell Sheryl that her success was manufactured by Galaxy, that they hoped she would be able to be used against the Vajra and that she is useless and a failure.

Obviously there is something else, because I donīt think Sheryl would get all depressive about just that. But it canīt be too much, either, or Graces faction looks mighty stupid when Sheryl goes public with that information.
Old 2008-08-04, 10:03   Link #1019
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

Man if Sheryl is a clone of Ranshe, she better get to tell Ranaka,

"Ranaka, I am your mother."

to which Ranaka will go "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, that's not true, it's impossible!"
Old 2008-08-04, 10:04   Link #1020
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teletha View Post
I agree. I mean look at all the Ranka appearances on that cove....

Who'm I kidding. That's the best DVD cover I've ever seen.

Tags
characters