Don't really like her, don't really hate her. 190 21.49%
I dislike her.. 87 9.84%
I HATE HER. 143 16.18%
Other. 16 1.81%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-16, 00:21   Link #1041
Scarlett_Rain55

Oh come on! As if you people never ever snuck into your crushes house at night, licked all their silverware and sniffed all their clothes before!? Some people are just not human these days!
Old 2008-09-16, 00:25   Link #1042
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finalfantasyfan55 View Post
Oh come on! As if you people never ever snuck into your crushes house at night, licked all their silverware and sniffed all their clothes before!? Some people are just not human these days!
O-M-G! I guess my past crush wasn't 'great' enough for me to sneak into my now-ex's house and almost kiss him!

Seriously, normal people don't do this, even if they're never gonna see their crush again.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Old 2008-09-16, 00:28   Link #1043
Scarlett_Rain55

Who cares? It was beautiful!(Too bad my crush didn't think so when I told him that speech, pfft reject me for 5 lifetimes!? How dare he? I'LL KILL HIM FOR EVERY 5 LIFETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAR HAR HAR!! Sorry about that minor rant). Anyways, do you honestly think Kubo intended for us to think Orihime was some obsessive psychotic freak!?
Old 2008-09-16, 00:31   Link #1044
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Who cares? It was beautiful!(Too bad my crush didn't think so when I told him that speech, pfft reject me for 5 lifetimes!? How dare he? I'LL KILL HIM FOR EVERY 5 LIFETIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAR HAR HAR!! Sorry about that minor rant). Anyways, do you honestly think Kubo intended for us to think Orihime was some obsessive psychotic freak!?
It sure bluntly shows us her weakness (being too hopelessly in love to the point where you literally cannot live without the person). If you love a person more than yourself, then that's a problem (not to sound selfish here).

OT: I'd say you should kill him 5 times each lifetime .

Old 2008-09-16, 00:40   Link #1045
Scarlett_Rain55

Her love for him has made her stronger! Seriously, ever since she's been with him, her powers awakened, her shield has become stronger, her healing powers have grown god like, and for all we know Tsubaki could be getting a major power up too! Her character had grown to a person who had placed her friends above everybody else. She cares for all of them and the reason why she wanted to get stronger was because she doesn't want to trouble anyone at all - not just Ichigo. Chapter 317 is evident of that!
Old 2008-09-16, 00:44   Link #1046
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Her love for him has made her stronger! Seriously, ever since she's been with him, her powers awakened, her shield has become stronger, her healing powers have grown god like, and for all we know Tsubaki could be getting a major power up too! Her character had grown to a person who had placed her friends above everybody else. She cares for all of them and the reason why she wanted to get stronger was because she doesn't want to trouble anyone at all - not just Ichigo. Chapter 317 is evident of that!
But her love is also weakening her. She's always comparing herself towards Ichigo, and 'realizing' that she is 'weak' and will never become like Ichigo (poor girl, she can never be as strong as the shounen hero). Ichigo doesn't even give special attention to her, and half the time, makes her fade into the background. Plus, he also makes her compare herself to Rukia ('cause in Orihime's eyes, Rukia has a closer bond to Ichigo than Orihime does).

So, her love has also created an inferiority complex.

Old 2008-09-16, 03:00   Link #1047
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Er... durka durka much?

Inoue compares herself to EVERYONE. Good example; During the S.S. arc, after the fight with the fat guy with the flying knives, she started feeling inferior when she noticed how much Ishida has improved over the short period of time, and began to question what she has been doing all this time.

Unless Ishida is actually Rukia, her inferiority complex existed for a long time. Growing up the way she did, can you blame her? Guess what kimosabi, being alone makes you weaker, killing her heart and going ronin won't make her stronger. I'm a true believer in, "when you have someone precious to you that you want to protect, you actually become stronger." and wouldn't you know it? thats basically the theme for Bleach, "To fight to protect."

Her insecurities does not stem from Ichigo, her upbringing and experiences in life are responsible for that. To say that because she's in love is whats making her weak is pure ignorance. Even if it wasn't Ichigo that she had fallen in love with, she'll still face with the same issues. In love or not, she'll continuely question her self worth in combat. Its something that exists within her.

Not every problem can be handled on your own. To have someone that can share that burden, trust, and reliance is very important to psychological stability. Unfortunately she can't turn to Tatsuki about this, as she's clueless (more or less) about the "other world". Having a friend who you can turn to is great, but its doubly great if its your lover. As there are things he/she can do that a friend cannot.
Old 2008-09-16, 06:33   Link #1048
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Not every problem can be handled on your own. To have someone that can share that burden, trust, and reliance is very important to psychological stability. Unfortunately she can't turn to Tatsuki about this, as she's clueless (more or less) about the "other world". Having a friend who you can turn to is great, but its doubly great if its your lover. As there are things he/she can do that a friend cannot.
The support of friendS is enough. Not as great as from lover but guess what?
Ishida likes her and has supported her through Soul Society. Rukia may not love Orihime and be her lover but she can support her.
Five friends are enough to have support from.
Orihime has no support is not true.

Quote:
Is Memories in the Rain and even then Orihime knows more of what happend to Ichigo then Rukia does. She even realizes she was going to far in pushing the issue part way through and any closeness gained by Memories in the Rain is based on the fact that Rukia also blamed herself for the death of someone she cared about, which up until acidwires death the same can be said for Orihime. It's a running theam among the leads. It's just that Orihime's was resoved first.
Ichigo gave Orihime a FAKE smile and told Rukia the truth.
Even if Hime knows more, that's because Tatsuki told her. How does that make Ichigo and Orihime bond different, I've no idea.
Old 2008-09-16, 06:45   Link #1049
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

Im gonna disagree with you on that one. When her powers awakened she barely had much contact with him besides in school and it wasnt love that awakened her powers because they werent actualy close friends at that point she was a girl that was friends with tatsuki. it was simply ichigo's overflowing reiatsu. Before she let her feelings known so to speak she was alot more confident in herself and actually did fight but after her feelings for ichigo developed she only got weaker and her confidence went down even more. She was always focusing more on ichigo than herself which is why i still say That having feelings for him is only making her weak.
Old 2008-09-16, 07:13   Link #1050
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
Im gonna disagree with you on that one. When her powers awakened she barely had much contact with him besides in school and it wasnt love that awakened her powers because they werent actualy close friends at that point she was a girl that was friends with tatsuki. it was simply ichigo's overflowing reiatsu. Before she let her feelings known so to speak she was alot more confident in herself and actually did fight but after her feelings for ichigo developed she only got weaker and her confidence went down even more. She was always focusing more on ichigo than herself which is why i still say That having feelings for him is only making her weak.
I see that you misread FF's post, and completely disregarded mine... I'm ashamed to say this to someone with a great Mizore avatar but, I'm disappointed.

Also, Kubo has been extremely vague about how Inoue got her powers, beyond Ichigo being responsible for awakening.

I'll do you a little favor and clarify alittle on what FF was talking about. Go back and re-read when Kenpachi and the pinkhaired munchkin came to Ichigo's and Inoue's rescue against Espada 5.
Old 2008-09-16, 08:04   Link #1051
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post
She had become weaker mentally. She is not the same ol' Orihime anymore. That Orihime would've believed in her friends and would have not gone all the way with Mr. Schiffer. But Mr. Schiffer is a charmer...
Inoue became stronger after training with Rukia. Right now her rejecting abilities are definitely stronger than Hachigen's. She could reject Grimmjow's and Ulquiorra's reiatsu when Hachi didn't even do a half of the job.
Inoue's wish was to become stronger and fight by Ichigo's side, not stand behind him. She is stronger now but she is not a fighter and will never be. Kurosaki-kun's presense doesn't do any good to her either. When he is in danger she can't encourage him properly nor can she help him/protect him (healing aside).
She stood behind him for the whole HM-arc.
I don't think Kubo will bless her with amaizing fighting skills anytime soon or should I say...ever. Her character's development is different from other Bleach's characters'.
Well, I'm waiting for Kubo to finally give birth to that development.
But I'm more concerned about Ichigo, though... He needs new moves... or an extended (read: exposed) version of his bankai coat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Also, Kubo has been extremely vague about how Inoue got her powers, beyond Ichigo being responsible for awakening.
Jeez. The same way as Chad did.
Her "fairy" personality + the radioactive Ichigo = Inoue the Great Cheat-Machine of Bleach.
She is not more unique than Chad. If she is than Chad should be a son of an arrancar and a poor mexican woman.

Last edited by Amy corE; 2008-09-16 at 08:17.
Old 2008-09-16, 08:10   Link #1052
starshine

Spoiler for bleach 317:

Last edited by starshine; 2008-09-16 at 09:27.
Old 2008-09-16, 08:33   Link #1053
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy corE View Post
She had become weaker mentally. She is not the same ol' Orihime anymore. That Orihime would've believed in her friends and would have not gone all the way with Mr. Schiffer. But Mr. Schiffer is a charmer...
Inoue became stronger after training with Rukia. Right now her rejecting abilities are definitely stronger than Hachigen's. She could reject Grimmjow's and Ulquiorra's reiatsu when Hachi didn't even do a half of the job.
Inoue's wish was to become stronger and fight by Ichigo's side, not stand behind him. She is stronger now but she is not a fighter and will never be. Kurosaki-kun's presense doesn't do any good to her either. When he is in danger she can't encourage him properly nor can she help him/protect him (healing aside).
She stood behind him for the whole HM-arc.
I don't think Kubo will bless her with amaizing fighting skills anytime soon or should I say...ever. Her character's development is different from other Bleach's characters'.
Well, I'm waiting for Kubo to finally give birth to that development.
But I'm more concerned about Ichigo, though... He needs new moves... or an extended (read: exposed) version of his bankai coat.

Jeez. The same way as Chad did.
Her "fairy" personality + the radioactive Ichigo = Inoue the Great Cheat-Machine of Bleach.
She is not more unique than Chad. If she is than Chad should be a son of an arrancar and a poor mexican woman.
Guess what cupcakes, Inoue's strength isn't based on training. Its based on her self-confidence. Her powers exist, and they are beyond powerful, its her own will is what determines how strong she is. She can train till she poops herself (machoman randy savage joke), and it won't mean jack.

And another thing, why blow what I said out of proportion? I just said, we don't know anything beyond Ichigo being responsible for her awakened powers.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Inoue is in fact the most unique character in Bleach.
Old 2008-09-16, 09:06   Link #1054
Ichigo&Rukia

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you, but Inoue is in fact the most unique character in Bleach
I doubt you are disappointing anyone. Orihime is hardly the most unique character.
Besides, being unique character doesn't make her a good character.
You like her sooo much therefore she is most unique.
I love Rukia most. I say SHE is most unique. "Sorry to disappoint you".
Old 2008-09-16, 09:20   Link #1055
Casshern

Sorry to disappoint you two but I find Chad the most unique
Old 2008-09-16, 09:26   Link #1056
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I see that you misread FF's post, and completely disregarded mine... I'm ashamed to say this to someone with a great Mizore avatar but, I'm disappointed.

I'll do you a little favor and clarify alittle on what FF was talking about. Go back and re-read when Kenpachi and the pinkhaired munchkin came to Ichigo's and Inoue's rescue against Espada 5.
You have to exuse my post it was 5am here so i merely glanced over posts FORGIVE ME lol Although i still think Orihime has gotten weaker in mindset
Old 2008-09-16, 09:37   Link #1057
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ichigo&Rukia View Post
I doubt you are disappointing anyone. Orihime is hardly the most unique character.
Besides, being unique character doesn't make her a good character.
You like her sooo much therefore she is most unique.
I love Rukia most. I say SHE is most unique. "Sorry to disappoint you".
You're letting your rabid fanatism get in the way. Theres like 1000000 shinigami's with greater than equal to her powers, she's hardly unique.

If you can show me someone that can resurrect the dead like she can, feel free to. Hachi is the closest, but his is actual time reversal, and nowhere near as powerful as she is, he couldn't even heal Ichigo, while Inoue only had to touch him to heal him. While Inoue is erasing "truth,fact,events,etc"
Old 2008-09-16, 09:53   Link #1058
Kakashi
カカシ

Send a message via MSN to Kakashi
Agree with HT.

If we're talking about abilities, the Karakura squad including Ishida, Chad, Orihime and most probably Ichigo all have rare abilities, unique even. You're right that doesn't make them good characters. The question is whether to label all shinigami unique simply because they all have different zanpaktou names and personalities. Every being is different in some way. So the differentiation will have to come between the exceptional and the average. So if we look at it like that, Rukia has the most beautiful zanpactou in SS but that's anectodal evidence, her shinigami rank isn't rare or special. Orihime has powerful healing powers that rival, match or even exceed Unohana's and could not be replaced properly. I'm leaving personality out of it since both are great characters overall in my opinion. Still, it can't be denied that Orihime would be easier to set up for further progression and development. Kubo's barely scratched the surface with her. But we'll see what happens.

Spoiler for Misuse of the word unique.:
Old 2008-09-16, 10:18   Link #1059
Amy corE
世界一嫌いだと言ってくれ

Quote:
Guess what cupcakes, Inoue's strength isn't based on training. Its based on her self-confidence. Her powers exist, and they are beyond powerful, its her own will is what determines how strong she is. She can train till she poops herself (machoman randy savage joke), and it won't mean jack.

And another thing, why blow what I said out of proportion? I just said, we don't know anything beyond Ichigo being responsible for her awakened powers.

Sorry to disappoint you, but Inoue is in fact the most unique character in Bleach.
Guess what, her self-confidence always has to be awaken by a second party, like Rukia (or Ulqui), for example. She is timid and not sure of her strength and if her request to train is rejected (by Urahara, for example), she wouldn't demand it or remove mountains by herself to get stronger, like Ichigo, for example. In this way, she is dependant.
Inoue can train till she thinks it pays her off. If it's no use and she thinks she is still weak/useless she'll get depressed, cry and whine until the second party comes again to comfort and help her...and so on and so on.
Throughout the series Inoue's biggest motivation has always been her need to be close to/be equals with Ichigo. Damn, her self-confidence is not as awesome as you state, then. 320+ chapters and she is still in Ichigo's "FRAGILE MATERIAL! Must protect!" box.

I'm dead disappointed, HT. DX
Her only uniqueness is that she is the only character in Bleach who is focused on romance. Her powers are not unique. The kindergarten has ended - Kubo does not draw fairies anymore, besides, barriers and shields are so much easier and less embarrassing to draw.

Her powers remind of shinigami's kidou techniques (barriers and shields). Chad's remind of hollows' powers. What's so unique about either of them? The fact that they are still human. That's all.
Ichigo, Chad and Inoue were unique until Kubo revealed vaizards and arrancars to us.

I say that the most unique character in Bleach must be the Spirit King even though we have never seen him.
Old 2008-09-16, 10:27   Link #1060
Amirali
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Amirali
"Unique" is touted as a great standard of praise. I'm reserved on that. The reason certain archetypes recur in fiction is not because these writers lack in creativity. Rather, certain universal themes connect better with an audience than random zaniness. The hero protecting his loved ones, the warrior weary of conflict, the mage rising from rags to riches.... there are many basic stories, all of which hold almost infinite possibilities for variation and layers.

In Bleach, some doubters question Ichigo's nakama protecting as "typical" shounen motives. Such abrupt judgment disregards both the depth/detail of his character, as well as how a broad spectrum of fans admires the uber-protective hero. Unoriginal thought the concept may be, many of us can identify with it in our own battles for our dependents.

To extend my suspicions of uniqueness for it's own sake, I identify with Orihime because her problems are not highly unique. She's wracked with self-doubt, unsure of her direction, and feels lonely even amongst friends. Most young people face those issues at some point in their lives, and I appreciate the extended screen-time.

That doesn't mean I enjoy seeing Orihime break down in tears, or think ill of herself. It's not light viewing, nor does it come with quick resolution. But these situations don't come with magic bullets in real life either. So I respect Kubo for not making her self-healing merely the matter of one successful fight , or one good pep talk.......in reality character building is a long, winding track, complete with backslides and periods of stagnation. The wait is uninteresting to many, undoubtedly. Just because a portrayal is realistic doesn't mean it's always good entertainment. Nonetheless, I'll remain tuned.

Last edited by Amirali; 2008-09-18 at 17:39.
Closed Thread