AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-08-21, 10:34   Link #41
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Here is a list of great recommended mods i have made on another forum, check it out.

http://forums.facepunchstudios.com/s...d.php?t=293060

Used to play Oblivion until it got a bit boring. It's pretty fun for a while.
Cheezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 14:11   Link #42
pepper_begs

Hi,

I just started playing Oblivion TES and would like to try some mods. I haven't modded a PC game before. Research tells me it should be pretty easy to do.

Could I get some recommendations for some easy to install mods? Eye candy is always nice. Don't know if I'm ready for the massive rebuild type stuff.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
pepper_begs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-30, 17:10   Link #43
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_begs View Post
Hi,

I just started playing Oblivion TES and would like to try some mods. I haven't modded a PC game before. Research tells me it should be pretty easy to do.

Could I get some recommendations for some easy to install mods? Eye candy is always nice. Don't know if I'm ready for the massive rebuild type stuff.

DarNified UI is a great interface upgrade mod. Makes everything in the interface sooooooo much better, and with extensive customizability.

There's gameplay overhaul mods like Oscuro, Francesco's, Martigen's, but I'm not sure you want to try some of them yet since they drastically change the gameplay (for the better, but it's still a drastic shift from the original).
Old 2008-05-30, 17:11   Link #44
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Also before you install mods, get oblivion mod manager. Makes night and day to managing your mods.
Old 2008-06-01, 22:27   Link #45
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_begs View Post
Hi,

I'd get a mod that makes the nights and dungeons darker, and then get the mod that gives most the NPCs torches. (don't remember names, but then it's fairly simple to search, either google or the two biggest Oblivion mod hosting sites--TESNexus and PlanetElderScrolls)
I couldn't even play without one of the big overhauls, but that is up to you.
Other stuff...
Unofficial Oblivion Patch - fixes stuff
Quest Award Leveller - the special items you earn from quests level up with you, so you don't have to worry about waiting until you're high level to earn them in order to get the best enchantments
Unique Landscapes mods - pretty additions to the world
One of the various leveling mods - so you don't have to worry about those pesky +5 modifiers
...etc....
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-12, 16:56   Link #46
Xion Valkyrie

So, finally got around to playing this game, or rather, modding this game, considering I've spent over 30 hours on my save, but I'm still level 1 and still haven't made progress on the main quest yet.

The mods are really amazing, especially the Korean/Japanese/Chinese face meshes/races. I'll probably get around to playing it once I install the really complicated weather/real-lighting mod and an advanced water mod.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-14, 08:41   Link #47
Reikokuna

Guys i have problem.
I also spend time modding my game and downloaded the ainmhi(whatever it's called)race with these voices. Since i did this, some NPC doesn't have their voices anymore (except some toher races like the nord).

Someone's said to me its because my game is in german and the mods are obviously in english. Though, that change the racenames and my system is searching for the german folders, result = voicerror. So, I am I right if i'm guessing that i need to translate the mods?
Old 2011-08-14, 13:17   Link #48
Xion Valkyrie

Hmm, the new folders shoudn't have overwritten your original folders if they have different names. Most likely the mod itself changes some NPC voice paths. You might need to open it up in TES4dit and see what changes the mod makes.
Old 2011-08-15, 03:24   Link #49
Sciel
Etoilé

Has anyone played the Nehrim conversion/overhaul ?
I've been playing it for the past few days and have been having a blast with it (i'm hooked! ). Personally its much much much better than vanilla Oblivion in almost every way. Since i'm lazy and haven't finished the game i'll write a TL;DR version of my thoughs

+World design is fantastic. It shits all over vanilla Oblivion
+Game is quite lenghty
+Non level scaling combat
+Custom OST which is pretty good
+Mods are mostly compatible with only some modification required depending on mods
- The overhaul seems to be very demanding on the CPU. I think i've got a pretty decent PC but get framerate drops very very often in some of the more detailed areas (< 20 FPS or so).
-Leveling system is a bit iffy
-Lack of side quests. Wish there were more!
- Some questionable design choices . I do not enjoy a scripted 25~ minute hike across the map -_-.
- What use is there having unique places in a town (Churches, mayor's house, etc) if everyone says the same damn thing all the time.
+/- Some of the new armor designs aren't really my taste. Wish they could have implemented some of the custom armor that you can find on tesnexus.

Last edited by Sciel; 2011-08-15 at 09:32.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 04:18   Link #50
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Yeah, I've given Nehrim a go myself in the past and it is quite taxing on the PC. Although I haven't tried it on my new one yet.

I didn't mind Nehrim overall, although I did bug it once I got out of the mines and in the first camp at one stage which prevented me from progressing. Was fine after a restart though. Never finished it though. Got distracted by FS2 mods...
Old 2011-08-15, 06:28   Link #51
Reikokuna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Hmm, the new folders shoudn't have overwritten your original folders if they have different names. Most likely the mod itself changes some NPC voice paths. You might need to open it up in TES4dit and see what changes the mod makes.
Thanks, i'll try it later

@Sciel: Sounds pretty interesting! Maybe I give it a try after I finished the main story, but first I have to handle my problem XD
Old 2011-08-15, 09:26   Link #52
Sciel
Etoilé

You should !

Anyways, this is my current character
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...imscreen1.png/

Also updated my TL;DR impressions above a bit !
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-20, 09:28   Link #53
Reikokuna

So I fixed my problem (some mod deleting, changing and stuff - annoying!).

I only have one question. I also want to try nehrim though it seems that it's kinda difficult to put some mods in it. Or can you just copy&paste?
Old 2011-08-20, 15:44   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reikokuna View Post
So I fixed my problem (some mod deleting, changing and stuff - annoying!).

I only have one question. I also want to try nehrim though it seems that it's kinda difficult to put some mods in it. Or can you just copy&paste?
I think it depends on the mod. A lot of equipment mods will work, since they usually don't have any dependencies other than on location. So you can either change their spawn location (kind of a hassle) or just use the console to add them to your character (no need for editing).

Any mod that has major dependencies on oblivion.esm will not work unless the mod person has instructions on how to do so or provides an nehrim version.

Oh, and everyone should post their chars/waifus.