AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-03-24, 08:29   Link #341
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i now need to find that crossover. thanks for pointing it out.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 11:07   Link #342
Arya

^Same here.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for the traditional True Tears reference from Nagi no Asukara. Well, if we don't consider the implied ones hidden in the Tsumugu/Chisaki relationship.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-24, 22:08   Link #343
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
^Same here.

On a side note, I'm still waiting for the traditional True Tears reference from Nagi no Asukara. Well, if we don't consider the implied ones hidden in the Tsumugu/Chisaki relationship.
No True Tears cameo and the series is nearly finishing. Maybe they finally got tired of it and gave up

Also, there has still yet to be in a guy in drag .
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 04:37   Link #344
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
No True Tears cameo and the series is nearly finishing. Maybe they finally got tired of it and gave up
I'm no expert but I think that might be because even if it's P.A works , the production comity behind it is quite different than the True Tears/HSI/Tari Tari ones, for example geneon universal is producing the music instead of lantis so I'd guess you won't be seeing any nagiasu songs if there's another PA works crossover concert..

Glasslip seems to go back to the "usual" comity so you could expect one there.
Old 2014-03-25, 14:54   Link #345
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
^Same here.

Uroko explains to Manaka that she must eat chicken feed, cluck like a chicken, and call herself Raigomaru, in order to recapture the emotion of love. After doing this, she has a vision of a cute, short-haired girl crying true tears of unrequited love. This causes Manaka to start crying herself, and she realizes who she feels love for.

She confesses her love to this special someone, and then Reflectia starts playing.
Old 2014-03-25, 18:01   Link #346
Arya

^^eheheh, I can see Uroko demanding something along those lines, even if I'd bet on something slightly more on the perverted side, knowing him.
Anyways, use Reflectia an you'll never fail.

Edit:
Quote:
It's hilarious how only Taichi and Wien make a cameo for like 2 seconds and no other male PA character showed up.
I have to see the clip yet,anyways the reason is simple, because they were not intended to be male characters .. but frogs (j/k)

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2014-03-25, 19:30   Link #347
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Uroko explains to Manaka that she must eat chicken feed, cluck like a chicken, and call herself Raigomaru, in order to recapture the emotion of love. After doing this, she has a vision of a cute, short-haired girl crying true tears of unrequited love. This causes Manaka to start crying herself, and she realizes who she feels love for.

She confesses her love to this special someone, and then Reflectia starts playing.
Still better than Angel Beats' ending.

But that would be awesome. xD

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-25, 19:38   Link #348
Pocari_Sweat

I rather the Another ending for the Nagikara cast for maximum lulz.
Old 2014-03-25, 19:48   Link #349
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
You must hate them a lot.

Anyhow, I wouldn't be surprised if they went OVA for the crossover some day. Will be nice if one can dream...

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-25, 19:57   Link #350
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
You must hate them a lot.
I do dislike some characters like Sayu and recently Chisaki, but other than Hikari I just feel rather indifferent to Nagikara's characters and don't really care. Which is very rare for a PA show because I've always really liked their characters, particularly their female lead ones.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-03-25 at 20:17. Reason: Misinterpreted Archon's last sentence.
Old 2014-03-25, 20:04   Link #351
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
I do dislike some characters like Sayu and recently Chisaki, but other than Hikari I just feel rather indifferent to them and don't really care. Which is very rare for a PA show because I've always really liked their characters, particularly their female lead ones.

You wouldn't be saying that if you actually watched enough of the series .
Oh sorry, I was referring to the 4T-H crossover. I haven't watched nagikara but it does sound funny. I like the girl with the big rack though.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-25, 20:15   Link #352
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Oh sorry, I was referring to the 4T-H crossover. I haven't watched nagikara but it does sound funny. I like the girl with the big rack though.
4T-H sounds like the name of some Idol group .

And yes you would find Nagikara ironically funny considering how over the top melodramatic it is at times.

Girl with the big rack is Chisaki. She goes full out Anohana-level teenage wangst in the second half which is why along with Sayu (bitchy loli moe tsundere type) I cringe everytime they are on screen.
Old 2014-03-25, 20:22   Link #353
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
^^eheheh, I can see Uroko demanding something along those lines, even if I'd bet on something slightly more on the perverted side, knowing him.
True. So he'd probably add "And you have to go completely naked except having feathers glued on to your arms and back. You know, so you look like a chicken."

Quote:
Anyways, use Reflectia an you'll never fail.
Agreed. It's an awesome song. One of my favorite bits of anime music to be sure.

Quote:
Still better than Angel Beats' ending.

But that would be awesome. xD
roflcopter on the Angel Beats burn!

I'm glad you liked my idea.

Quote:
Yeah, that would be darkly hilarious. Especially if it's Kaname that gets the ball rolling...
Old 2014-03-25, 20:23   Link #354
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
4T-H sounds like the name of some Idol group .
Oh, I guess you're right; I shouldn't be encouraging that kind of thing after watching the Wake Up Girls movie. It would come across as kind of creepy trying to sell female characters as a product.

And that's definitely one fucking anime that could have used PA Works Frame Booster Buff (+15% frame rate -10% ending writing, +5% music, +25% lol). Also, they already have someone that resembles Wakana too. The other egregious example would have been White Album 2, with no Okada buff. (Interestingly, Selite also realized that too...)

Quote:
And yes you would find Nagikara ironically funny considering how over the top melodramatic it is at times.

Girl with the big rack is Chisaki. She goes full out Anohana-level teenage wangst in the second half which is why along with Sayu (bitchy loli moe tsundere type) I cringe everytime they are on screen.
Oh, that's expected too. Moe Kaiji eh?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2014-03-25, 21:12   Link #355
Pocari_Sweat

Quote:
Oh, I guess you're right; I shouldn't be encouraging that kind of thing after watching the Wake Up Girls movie. It would come across as kind of creepy trying to sell female characters as a product. And that's definitely one fucking anime that could have used PA Works Frame Booster Buff (+15% frame rate -10% ending writing, +5% music, +25% lol). Also, they already have someone that resembles Wakana too.
I don't know what my opinion would have been if PA produced an idol anime, but yes Mayu from Wake Up Girls does resemble Wakana a fair bit which is a large reason why I'm watching that series .

Quote:
The other egregious example would have been White Album 2, with no Okada buff. (Interestingly, Selite also realized that too...)
It's ironic how White Album 2 is the most "True Tears" like romance anime to come out since True Tears, yet whilst the scriptwriter and production studio for both True Tears and Nagi no Asu Kara are the same, NagiKara is significantly inferior in its presentation of a high school romance than the other two.

Perhaps I'm being harsh on Nagi no Asu Kara as compared to your average anime with a significant romance element, it is above average (and by extension, Mari Okada is at least an above average writer), but it doesn't take away the fact that romance as a genre is generally done poorly in the anime medium. And PA Works I do not think is an exception to that, though only two out of their now 10+ series had a significant romance theme (well I guess, you can add Hanasaku Iroha too, but in all honesty I never considered that a romance series).

Spoiler for Offtopic talk about a "dream" romance anime:
Old 2014-03-26, 05:22   Link #356
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
True. So he'd probably add "And you have to go completely naked except having feathers glued on to your arms and back. You know, so you look like a chicken."
Ahhh thank you, now I'll have this image in my mind for the whole day

I have to admit that NnA is a difficult beast to deal with. It can be really frustrating. I saw different people, myself included, at different times being disappointed or delighted by it. FWIW one thing for sure I can say, you may like it or not, but the writing is very accurate and realistic despite its settings, the sceneries outstanding and the BGM above average.

@Pocari_Sweat: talking about the romance aspect, well, the problem is that you focused on the middle school romance instead than the (Chisaki's) seinen one. And that's ironic given your avatar, since to me this one feels like the alternate/seinen version of Hiromi and Shin'ichirō.
*runs away*

Old 2014-03-26, 13:25   Link #357
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
don't know what my opinion would have been if PA produced an idol anime, but yes Mayu from Wake Up Girls does resemble Wakana a fair bit which is a large reason why I'm watching that series .
>>Wakana

OK, I'm off to watch WUG.

@Arya

> Accurate and realistic writing

Hahahaha. No. :S
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-29, 18:16   Link #358
TheSpoilerAlert

For a relatively new studio with not as many titles to their name, they haven't been lazy with their work at all. I mean the background art in True Tears and Nagi is just so beautiful! And even though Angel Beats wasnt the best thing (still good though) out there, it was still really beautifully done!

I'd probably put it on my top 10 studios though!

-SheeGee

Follow us on Twitter: @AnimeSAP
TheSpoilerAlert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-06, 00:42   Link #359
Pocari_Sweat

So Nagi no Asu Kara has finished, so time to update how it compares compared to other PA shows... and it was pretty subpar. For their TV series I would rank it something like this:

Top Tier

1. True Tears - Mari Okada was involved for this series.
2. Uchouten Kazoku

Great Tier

3. Tari Tari - 2nd lowest PA Works series on MAL at 7.55.
4. Hanasaku Iroha - Mari Okada was involved for this series.

Mid Tier

5. Canaan - Mari Okada was involved for this series.
6. Another
7. Nagi no Asu Kara - Mari Okada was involved for this series. 2nd highest PA Works series on MAL at 8.49.

Trash Tier

8. Red Data Girl - Lowest rated PA Works series on MAL at 6.72.
9. Angel Beats - Highest rated PA Works series on MAL at 8.57.

Added some side information which series writer Mari Okada was involved, since PA Works seem to favour her as thier writer of choice and as expected she is kind of all over the place in terms of quality, whilst writing for about half of PA Works TV productions. Also noted which PA Works series that the "western" fandom seems like to like the most. If anyone has the "Japanese" version that would be appreciated since I have no idea where to find that information. Overall, seems like my personal preferences, western anime fandom preferences, sales/disc scales and whether or not writer Mari Okada was involved seems to be all over the place and I can't correlate a pattern at all .

Glasslip is due in Summer 2014 and will not have Okada involved so I'm curious which direction it'll take and where about it will rank.

Not enough movies, OVAs or special material from PA Works yet to make a judgment hence their ommission, though I did really enjoy the Hanasaku Iroha movie and Mai no Mahou to Katei no Hi special. True Tours 6 parter special and Professor Layton movie were also pretty decent.

Last edited by Pocari_Sweat; 2014-04-06 at 02:42. Reason: Typos, additions, omissions etc.
Old 2014-04-06, 02:28   Link #360
Dawnstorm

I didn't think Read Data Girl was that bad. It had pacing issues, too little time, and there was little emotional involvement near the beginning. But when the show worked, it worked really well. And the side characters were actually pretty interesting. I'd definitely rate it above Another (which makes my trash tier), and I'm debating with myself, if I like it more than Nagi no Asukara.

But, yes, I tend to agree with you on the whole where Nagi no Asukara fits in. Its main weaknesses, for me, were that over two cours the emotions wore thin through repetition, and that I never really got on board with the character designs. The fantasy setting was used pretty effectively for Okada (though she's clearly no master of the genre). And, of course, the visuals were pretty, but - no matter how bad their shows - a PA Works show will look good.
Dawnstorm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, studios