AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-10-21, 09:13   Link #1101
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

R+V protagonist are one hit KO hitters. No one does the ATATATATATATA bit anymore.
Old 2008-10-21, 09:20   Link #1102
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
*looks around* ....

Seems that I need to keep Magin busy so he won't yank a rosario and 'Moka KIIICKU' everyone, lol.

Yeah, that's what I'll draw next....Moka(Inner) in leather....that should keep him busy. But for now....that will happen when GARTsukune learns the Falcon Kick.
Magin would be busy with the fic (why am I referring to myself in the third person?), but he currently has a case of transition block, meaning he knows where he wants to go, but can't figure out how to transition from the current scene he's writing into the next scene

and Moka in leather... *drools*

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Magin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 11:31   Link #1103
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Send a message via Yahoo to ~ Motoko Chan ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Welcome to animesuki Motoko chan!

Here in Rosario-thread, you will find crazed fans about their goddesses (no offense to anyone). Do you need a tour guide?
Thanks blitz! Appreciate the offer but I won't need a tour guide, not in otaku-land, anyway, since it's a land I know quite well. lol I might be new to the forum but not to Anime and the whole concept of fans obsessing over their idols. I have my own obsessions, too... I just respect others' as well and appreciate being here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvoki View Post
I can’t help feeling sorry for you, for what you’ve just let yourself in for. The onslaught of hormonal male fans with an ecchi fetish isn’t something to be taken lightly. Be on your guard.

I did get round to watching ep.3 despite my misgivings about censorship. But let’s hope it doesn’t continue, eh?
Oh my. Another gallant gentleman advising me to be watchful. Please don't worry about me. I can take care of myself. Appreciate the warning, though.

Now, since censorship has been such a popular subject lately ever since Ep. 3 came out, I feel I should address it. Don't want to say it's a female perspective on things, since I obviously can't speak for all Anime fangirls... it's more my own personal opinion:

*takes a deep breath* (really, though, I'm typing so the breath's not necessary... it's metaphorical ok?! )

I believe first and foremost in an artist's creative vision. In fact, it's kinda a sacred thing to me. I love literature and art and if a creator made something a certain way, that creation DESERVES to be seen in its original, unaltered form. Whether it offends some people or not isn't the point. A group of people or a single person should NEVER be able to dictate that "Oh, only this is appropriate or suitable to OUR tastes." Granted, some things might cross a line, but again, someone else shouldn't be able to prevent others from seeing it as it was originally intended.

However, we also have to keep in mind that these are public TV networks broadcasting this material, and series like R+V are obviously intended more for older viewers, so the networks have to worry about complaints from parents and conservative media watch groups... So, they have to make a decision on censoring a certain shot or bunch of shots. I DON'T agree with it, but I can understand their reasoning.

But the thing that irritates me is how illogical and... RANDOM... their censoring is, and the way they make their determinations. It doesn't make ANY sense. The three stations airing R+V Capu2 in Japan right now all censored different shots in the most recent episode, and didn't even censor all the pantsu shots, just certain ones. MX Tokyo, which aired the first two eps uncensored, only used the bat-block on three shots, the fewest of the bunch, yet they had no problem leaving the scene where Tsukune's head ends up in Tsurara's crotch and his hand fondling Ageha's breast as is! Give me a break. If you're going to censor things of a sexual or suggestive nature, at least be consistent. If not, DON'T censor at all.

This isn't about frequent pantsu shots and whether you like that or not... it could be a show discussing religion in a controversial way, for instance... At its heart, this issue is about basic creative freedom. That's what upsets me about the stupid bat-censor they've been using. It's random and unnecessary, to say the very least.

So in short, DOWN with the bat-censors of the world! And UP with gratuitous pantsu shots, the way the artist drew them!

Old 2008-10-21, 11:50   Link #1104
leo786
El Nino

I've just remembered, isn't the one with the blue hair and big boobs a succubus. So surely her mother is too. If i am right, succubus suck the life out of males. Tsukune was only an exception because he helped her when she was about to get knocked the shit out of. Her mom should be trying to suck his life since, to her, he is just another male.
leo786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 12:21   Link #1105
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

... and once again, please keep in mind the most probable reason why there's censoring is because Gonzo's hurting for money right now, and is hoping that people will buy the DVD's, which in turn will keep Gonzo alive

... not that they deserve to stay alive after much of their recent stuff...

Old 2008-10-21, 12:48   Link #1106
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Strike Witches will make them rich enough, leave Mizore's pantsu's alone!!! >___<
Old 2008-10-21, 13:37   Link #1107
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

I admit, I never saw strike witches (from the sound of things, it wasn't something I'd enjoy)

besides, never count on one anime alone to make money, because when you run out of material for it (unconceivable, I know... but it happens), there goes any chances for making more money

Old 2008-10-21, 13:38   Link #1108
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
... and once again, please keep in mind the most probable reason why there's censoring is because Gonzo's hurting for money right now, and is hoping that people will buy the DVD's, which in turn will keep Gonzo alive

... not that they deserve to stay alive after much of their recent stuff...
Sink or Swim for Gonzo im pretty indifferent about them and the ceasorshio does suck but not enough for me to go out and start pitchforking and lighting torches (my favorite past time) Honestly, if Gonzo sank i dont think i would bat an eyelash.
Old 2008-10-21, 13:41   Link #1109
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Neither would I... I'm just wanting people to stop complaining about the censorship, because there ain't shit you can do about it. You just have to deal. Do I like it- no. But do I actually care if there's censorship- nope. I'm only watching this to see if they incorporate the plot of the manga anytime soon

And 4 is less than 24 hours away, censored and all

Old 2008-10-21, 13:56   Link #1110
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Neither would I... I'm just wanting people to stop complaining about the censorship, because there ain't shit you can do about it. You just have to deal. Do I like it- no. But do I actually care if there's censorship- nope. I'm only watching this to see if they incorporate the plot of the manga anytime soon

And 4 is less than 24 hours away, censored and all
Well, there may not be much we can do about it, but we have every right to discuss our feelings on it. Don't misunderstand -- I'm watching regardless of the censoring. But I think I stated my opinion of censorship in general and specifically the lack of rhyme or reason behind the bat-censoring occurring on the three main stations airing R+V Capu2. Also, I'm not sure about your claim that Gonzo's the one behind it, because if that was the case, why aren't the SAME shots being censored on all three networks? Seems to me it's a network-by-network decision on what is and isn't being censored.

Could you provide some proof that Gonzo is the one having them censored? Your comment about their economic problems might be true but saying that's the basis for the censoring is just your opinion until you give some facts.

That's an honest question btw, Magin, not trying to give you a hard time.
Old 2008-10-21, 14:02   Link #1111
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's just unfair when someone censors your favorite character and leave the others alone.

but either way I had my fill of laughs in ep.3 most especially the moms!
Old 2008-10-21, 14:05   Link #1112
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
It's just unfair when someone censors your favorite character and leave the others alone.

but either way I had my fill of laughs in ep.3 most especially the moms!
Shhhh! Kenji... you're not supposed to say that while Magin's around. He'll start to flare up again lol

Old 2008-10-21, 14:06   Link #1113
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

*plays the Moka fanboy card*

Moka should be left alone... she is the main female, after all. The rest are secondary

[/biasm off]

and Motoko, I'll give you an answer in a while- part of why I've been so bitchy and negative, I realize now, is due to lack of sleep and rather hard subjects in school, resulting in brain going into semi-meltdown mode

Old 2008-10-21, 14:18   Link #1114
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
*plays the Moka fanboy card*

Moka should be left alone... she is the main female, after all. The rest are secondary

[/biasm off]

and Motoko, I'll give you an answer in a while- part of why I've been so bitchy and negative, I realize now, is due to lack of sleep and rather hard subjects in school, resulting in brain going into semi-meltdown mode
I understand, and hope you get more rest and a lil relief from those studies soon! I hadn't been able to watch as much Anime or participate in a forum for awhile because I'd been so busy with classes, too, so I know exactly how you feel.
Old 2008-10-21, 14:19   Link #1115
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Aside for the main girl there are many to pic from.

Spoiler:

And I choose you!

Mizore - "Me?" *delighted*
Old 2008-10-21, 14:47   Link #1116
Midonin
Last Engage

Okay, found some recent news that may be of interest. Since R+V's debut in January, obviously there are a few pieces of music in the show that stand out. The "churu-churu" tune that plays during Tsukune and Moka's romantic scenes and Moka's henshin music stand out the most, and there's going to be a way to get all of those.

The soundtrack encompassing both seasons of the show has a release date of this Christmas. As always, I'll keep my eye out for any further music-related things of interest.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 14:48   Link #1117
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Okay, found some recent news that may be of interest. Since R+V's debut in January, obviously there are a few pieces of music in the show that stand out. The "churu-churu" tune that plays during Tsukune and Moka's romantic scenes and Moka's henshin music stand out the most, and there's going to be a way to get all of those.

The soundtrack encompassing both seasons of the show has a release date of this Christmas. As always, I'll keep my eye out for any further music-related things of interest.
Cool! Thanks for the info, Midonin.
Old 2008-10-21, 14:53   Link #1118
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Wow! Now that's a Christmas gift both seasons musics!
Old 2008-10-21, 15:06   Link #1119
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Aside for the main girl there are many to pic from.

Spoiler:

And I choose you!

Mizore - "Me?" *delighted*
That is epic win, lol
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-21, 15:10   Link #1120
~ Motoko Chan ~
The Ecchi Princess

Hehe. Hayashi and Kenji's loyalty to Mizore is so cute.

Tags
comedy, ecchi, harem, romance, shounen, vampire