AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On! - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 42 33.07%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 40.16%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 15.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 6.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.79%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.79%
Voters: 127. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-22, 22:30   Link #101
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeTheme View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyourin View Post
- Kagami = Mio scene XD sabishii ^___^
That scene also reminded me of Kagami... LOL
Yeah I was thinking "oh no, same fate as Kagamin~~~"
Poor Mio, she's getting the worst of luck everywhere. In the club room, she gets "Haruhi'd" by Sawa-chan... outside the club room she gets separated from her buddies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Poor Mio ending up in a different class to her band members. Not unlike Kagami from Lucky Star. Fortunately, she's got Nodoka to rely on.
At least she ACKNOWLEDGES Nodoka as someone she knows... unlike Kagamin's "we're just background characters after all" friends

Btw, @ manga readers: are we gonna get anymore Mio-&-Mugi "diet comradery?"
(remember spoiler tags please... just in case)

Still, the best quote in the epsiode: "uniforms look surprisingly good too!"

禁則事項です
Old 2009-05-22, 22:54   Link #102
Karlson
Jumping...is useless!

That was quite an enjoyable episode, definitely a step up for me after the last couple episodes. Ui introducing the members of the club to her friend dragged on too long there for me, but outside of that I really dont have much else to complain about. The concert was great and even as a viewer that also thinks Mio's moeness has been overboard I still thought that part with the ramen and dumplings was awesome for a number of different reasons so I'll pay it no mind this time around.

Spoiler for Manga spoilers:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Ritsu's comment about cake and tea being the main selling point of the club was shockingly honest and rung so true. It was also funny. The cake thing has hit running joke status in a good way and if there has been anything in this show that I would actually say deserves to be turned into some sort of meme/in-joke for fans it would be that. Alas that's probably just me though.
I agree there is just something about this series and cake. Now if only Valve were the sponsors...

"The cake is a lie..."

That infamous line would have so much merit to it in this series if they went forward with Ritsu's plan to advertise the cake as a means to trap people into joining the club. Granted the chance of that plan working would've been slim to none but it would've been so perfect if it did
Old 2009-05-22, 23:34   Link #103
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Episode 8 is a vast improvement from the last and also I'm amazed that they finally shown the live performance instead of a MTV PV. Atleast Kyoani didn't abuse Mio's shyness too this time.

Rating: 9/10

Full Episode 8 Reaction

I like how whenever Mio is being shy how a compliment almost instantly brings back her confidence. When she was in the maid uniform and Ui says "kawaii..."

Mio: "Honto ne?" hehe
Old 2009-05-23, 00:26   Link #104
DidCart

Another great episode!
When I first saw Azusa it was like... "OH MY GOD! MINI-MIO!"
I don't read the manga so I don't know how her personality is, but she looks like a great character!

And the relationship between Yui and Ui is really interesting. The scene when Ui is remembering Yui before she joined the Light Music Club was hilarious! ICE CREAAAAAAAM!

And btw, I don't think that the new episode of Haruhi will obliterate K-ON. Both of them are great KyoAni shows!
Old 2009-05-23, 00:34   Link #105
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Finally.

I was getting worried that the only time we'd ever actually see them actually perform as a band and playing the instruments was in the opening.

That being said:

Animal suits bit - Boring. Maid bit - Extremely dull. The concept that a teacher who was into heavy metal who is now an adult is suddenly into 'cosplaying' her club members reeks of a forced plot device.

Mio being Mio - God just fucking stop already with this bitch. Her reaction before the curtains went up made me want to step on her throat and slam her guitar to the back of her head. All her personal tendencies have become horribly overdone at this point, so sick of it.

The performance - Yui and Mio sang great. The song was extremely cute and catchy. We got to see them actually PLAY THE INSTRUMENTS, it was all fine... until Kyoto decided to be dumb and display pictures of the rest of the school like I really give a flying fuck during what would have been an awesome solo by Yui that I would have killed (Mio) to see animated.

New girl - Twin tailed loli. What a surprise. So original.

Meh, can't have everything.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-23, 00:37   Link #106
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
Until Kyoto decided to be dumb and display pictures of the rest of the school like I really give a flying fuck during what would have been an awesome solo by Yui that I would have killed (Mio) to see nimated.
You can always start a fund raising project for them so that they don't have to rely on still animation fill ins
Old 2009-05-23, 00:39   Link #107
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

Yeah, well if they can put Haruhi and K-On on the air at the same time, something tells me their budget isn't exactly hurting.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2009-05-23, 01:53   Link #108
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Don't know why Mio is worried about her weight...Sawako seems to be able to carry her one handed and a full sprint.
Old 2009-05-23, 01:58   Link #109
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
Oh... my... gawd... Sawa sensei MUST BE STOPPED !!!
Very simple, just ban her from Mugi's delicious cake.

Cake = best blackmail device in K-ON club.

Last edited by Flo; 2009-05-23 at 02:14.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:37   Link #110
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

This episode earns a 8.5 from me (I voted an 8 in the poll because I don't like to round up in series that haven't deserved it.)

It is no mistake that my rating of this episode, and that of other skeptics in this thread was much better than pretty much all K-ON episodes before this.

While the overplayed gags and other things that I just keep mentioning every week like a tape recorder were still there this episode, it managed to do what I expected of this show in the first place.

For once I felt like I was watching an anime about a band, rather than an anime with a band (If that makes sense). For once they used the characters' personalities correctly in their attempts to bide humor from the audience. Examples of this is when Ritsu is playing the role of the hyperactive drum player at the end and jumps on her prey (Hey I found a moment like this actually amusing!). For once did they actually show someone in the band showing what it means to take care of an instrument and show the band actually play (Yui when she was tuning her guitar, and the performance).

I'm also happy to get a breath of fresh air with how they integrated the plot into the overall subject of K-ON! We're watching a band in a school, and we actually get to see them work at getting new members. This is a fair topic for an episode... Unlike when they decide to spend an entire episode on Yui being ADD with her test. I enjoy seeing a new member join the ranks to add possibly an interesting dynamic to the band's chemistry (That seemed to be nonexistant till this episode).

Don't most people think that at least this was one of the better, if not the best episode of K-ON! so far? Maybe we're getting onto something here? Take the focus of the show onto the band, not the idiosyncractic behaviors of our moe whore (Mio), her two goof ball friends (Yui and Ritsu), and the cake monster.

Can K-ON! keep it up in the future episodes? For the sake of not wanting to get disappointed I'm going to say no, however, I do hope that it does.
Old 2009-05-23, 05:36   Link #111
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post

Minami Kana
DA BOSS!!!! XD

Ah At least the 5 girls are now present in the K-On club!

Yey Azusa!
Old 2009-05-23, 06:44   Link #112
kirapika
Oh-so crazy~?

Azusa is so adorable~ X3

Spoiler for K-On! ep. 8:
Old 2009-05-23, 09:17   Link #113
Emerald Emblem
Casual gaming

New character is win. I <3 her already, she's kinda like Mio only with what seems more confidence.

Current Anime DVD: Kannagi + Clannad AS <3 | Current Anime Blu Ray: None </3
Old 2009-05-23, 10:00   Link #114
Utau
Butler mitai~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Utau
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas84 View Post

Minami Kana
^that,

plus,

Kooh from Pangya: Albatross18

overall, it was a great and fun episode, gags here and there especially the animal costume Sawa-chan put up that scared the $#!+ out of Ui and some other students also, the meido-fuku was pure win aside from the obvious Mio-moeness, i think I just saw Furukawa Nagisa there
Old 2009-05-23, 10:16   Link #115
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Can K-ON! keep it up in the future episodes? For the sake of not wanting to get disappointed I'm going to say no, however, I do hope that it does.
Not to the degree of this episode, but I believe the balance of music and comedy will be a little more fair from now on.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:17   Link #116
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Azusa is like a Mio that never met Ritsu.

Oh well, another moeblob.

And lol at Yui getting addicted to the mic at the concert, as well as forgetting her lines on the spot.

Now Mio needs some mods with her songwriting tastes. "My Love is a Stapler" really isnt going anywhere. It miht change a little with Azusa now, probably to match whatever she plays with everyone else.
Old 2009-05-23, 12:38   Link #117
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Ritsu! You are doing it all wrong, don't rape the new member! D:

And nothing much left to say but: "Welcome Mana!"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-05-23, 12:43   Link #118
Keio
Serious Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keio View Post
(Will post thoughts and comments about episode 8 later)
Disregard that. Laziness and WoW got the better of me.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:21   Link #119
stubby42

I loved this episode, its what I signed up for it felt alot more like the first two episodes it wasnt over the top they just kept things simple.

I also love that were really getting to know Ui, she's basically the only one holding the k-on! club together (it'll be even more evident later on in the manga), its just a shame the other girls dont know it.
Old 2009-05-23, 13:31   Link #120
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Oddly, first season Minami-ke shots of Kana Minami look closer to Azusa than that third season image.