AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi (2009) - Episode 08 Rating
Perfect 10 31 11.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 9 3.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 5.78%
7 out of 10 : Good 15 5.42%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 5.05%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 3.97%
4 out of 10 : Poor 9 3.25%
3 out of 10 : Bad 8 2.89%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 13 4.69%
1 out of 10 : Painful 151 54.51%
Voters: 277. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-30, 18:51   Link #201
OverMaster
Zok, Biff, Pow, Wham.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jintor View Post
Accept that we suffer because a bunch of suits somewhere decided we should!
Wait, so KyoAni is Cartman and we are Scott Tennerman? Do they like the taste of our tears?
Old 2009-07-30, 18:56   Link #202
Jintor

They worship some kind of Pain Demon, and dedicate each broadcast to its power.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:00   Link #203
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akka View Post
This reasoning is weird.
Really? I can't think of many animes that successfully recovered from a year's worth of terribly low DVD sales. Can you?

People in the business world are typically very averse to risking getting bitten twice, even if there's a perfectly logical reason why they got bit once...

I hope that you're right in your reasoning, though.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:18   Link #204
Akka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Really? I can't think of many animes that successfully recovered from a year's worth of terribly low DVD sales. Can you?
Perhaps not, but in these cases, they were actually trying to do good seasons and the sales didn't follow.

Here, they purposedly shoot the season down. That's not really the same. It's pretty obvious that it's not the show which won't sell, but the stunt.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:27   Link #205
topboy
poor man

10/10
Hail Kyoto Ani !
Hail Haruhi anime !

*even If this episode is still picture of cat for 24 minutes , I will still give it 10/10
Old 2009-07-30, 19:39   Link #206
Selofain
#1 Minion

Send a message via AIM to Selofain Send a message via MSN to Selofain Send a message via Yahoo to Selofain
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Voting without watching defeats the purpose of voting.

It was average. The art quality was as good as the original run of the series and there was some nice fanservice plus at least one good background joke thrown in. If they did more I'd half expect KyoAni to be trying to pull a SHAFT on us. But other than that and a few interesting effects, the rest of it was rather dull.
I wish there was more discussion like this. That's what the episode thread is for.
Old 2009-07-30, 19:42   Link #207
Eak
One angry cloud.

Someone said earlier (sorry I am on my phone and can't quote) that "we should buy the dvds and break them in a public place" (loosely paraphrased).

Here's a little bit of advice if you're pissed off about this whole E8 thing. Don't buy the DVDs at all. If you were to protest in the above fashion it shows Kadokawa two things: 1. You are obviously pissed off. 2. You have more disposable income then they first anticipated. (Enough to literally burn it if you get what I am saying). Buying them and destroying them in protest is stupid because you've paid them already! This only encourages their 'trolling' because you were so emotionally invested enough in the first place to buy it and then to be pissed about it.

Phew that was too long but this shit happens waaaay too often and it needs to stop.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:00   Link #208
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by topboy View Post
10/10
Hail Kyoto Ani !
Hail Haruhi anime !

*even If this episode is still picture of cat for 24 minutes , I will still give it 10/10
Here you have it guys the dream customer of Kadokawa

On the DVD sales issue, I agree with most of the bleakness expressed in these last pages ... it's better for Haruhi to end now before they aggravate the fans (still having functional brains) more. At least I will keep my fond memories from three years ago when I show the original run and read the first novels
Old 2009-07-30, 20:02   Link #209
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eak View Post
Someone said earlier (sorry I am on my phone and can't quote) that "we should buy the dvds and break them in a public place" (loosely paraphrased).

Here's a little bit of advice if you're pissed off about this whole E8 thing. Don't buy the DVDs at all. If you were to protest in the above fashion it shows Kadokawa two things: 1. You are obviously pissed off. 2. You have more disposable income then they first anticipated. (Enough to literally burn it if you get what I am saying). Buying them and destroying them in protest is stupid because you've paid them already! This only encourages their 'trolling' because you were so emotionally invested enough in the first place to buy it and then to be pissed about it.

Phew that was too long but this shit happens waaaay too often and it needs to stop.
Agreed... and also, you are showing them it's practically okay to pull this kind of thing and will do the same thing in the future...

Boycotts are usually effective if done correctly... but don't do the former... like suggested.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:17   Link #210
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
E

Again, the sorta-hypocrisy thing.

You should at least view before you vote. It's why I haven't been voting these last two episodes.
Wow Kaisos,

You are usually just an opinionated jerk ( I mean that in the nicest way possible, seriously ) but I am impressed that you not only were able to see the tastelessness in those who vote without watching the show, but you refrained from voting because you didn't watch the episodes either.

There is a word to describe this that I cannot think of, but I am impressed by your behavior.

Im gonna leave you positive feedback for that post

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Agreed... and also, you are showing them it's practically okay to pull this kind of thing and will do the same thing in the future...

Boycotts are usually effective if done correctly... but don't do the former... like suggested.

Shhh! Don't tell them that. It will be funny if they actually do it.

Last edited by fish eric; 2009-07-30 at 20:36. Reason: fixed paragraphs
Old 2009-07-30, 20:20   Link #211
Demoned Away

Endless Eight summarized in one video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXHvOge4WvI

Spoiler for ???:

Whoever can watch all 10 minutes of it gets a cookie.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:25   Link #212
HigurashinoUmineko

My question is if they have the money to make 8 or 9 or-however-long-this'll-be episodes of the basic same thing, with different animation and all that crap, why doesn't KyoAni even THINK of bringing some anime back to life? I mean what about K-ON!, Lucky Star, and others that could've had a second season?

But NO. They had to waste their time and money on god-knows-how-many-episodes of the same thing.

AND now they expect the fans to buy seperate DVDs of the basic same thing.
I'm just disappointed is all...
Old 2009-07-30, 20:31   Link #213
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by HigurashinoUmineko View Post
My question is if they have the money to make 8 or 9 or-however-long-this'll-be episodes of the basic same thing, with different animation and all that crap, why doesn't KyoAni even THINK of bringing some anime back to life? I mean what about K-ON!, Lucky Star, and others that could've had a second season?

But NO. They had to waste their time and money on god-knows-how-many-episodes of the same thing.

AND now they expect the fans to buy seperate DVDs of the basic same thing.
I'm just disappointed is all...
I rather have them animate Little Busters! for once... I haven't played the visual novel yet, but if Kyoto Animation did that, it will give the same results like Clannad and Kanon and regain their reputation...

But... I know they won't... They are too caught up with Haruhi and Endless Eight... what a waste of time and money.

Quote:
Im gonna leave you positive feedback for that post
But, you won't be able to since reputation is disabled (since I'm afraid of bad reputation and I don't really believe that much in it). I'm sorry for that, but it should be okay.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:34   Link #214
dark-kyon

i have a idea,when dvd come out buy them, later make a copy of the dvd and then go a kadokawa and throwing the 40000 dvd in the entrance.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:35   Link #215
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
I rather have them animate Little Busters! for once... I haven't played the visual novel yet, but if Kyoto Animation did that, it will give the same results like Clannad and Kanon and regain their reputation...

But... I know they won't... They are too caught up with Haruhi and Endless Eight... what a waste of time and money.

But, you won't be able to since reputation is disabled (since I'm afraid of bad reputation and I don't really believe that much in it). I'm sorry for that, but it should be okay.
Hehe, you know what... I actually meant that for Kaisos. I went back and edited my post after i saw yours and must have stuck it in the middle of my post instead of the bottom.

And I can't leave it for Kaisos either. I left Kaisos some bad rep points a couple threads ago when he said that we should bomb the Kyoani building and it says that I have to spread my points around more before I can give it back to him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
i have a idea,when dvd come out buy them, later make a copy of the dvd and then go a kadokawa and throwing the 40000 dvd in the entrance.

Why?
Old 2009-07-30, 20:39   Link #216
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark-kyon View Post
The problem is that you are still giving money to Kadokawa... not to mention, copying a DVD more than once is illegal since fair use only allow one backup copy.

Not to mention, it's a waste of blank DVDs... and bad for the environment.

fish eric: Sorry for the mix up.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:45   Link #217
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

I have personally found KyoAni’s tactic in submitting repetitive episodes intriguing. They’re truly a company to be reckoned with that explores territories that no other company would tread. It really makes me ponder the underlining intentions of all this. Honestly, why would a company who has gained so much popularity be so asinine and screw themselves over on purpose?

If this is purly for money making, I guess they could get there way (at least from the diehard faithful Kyoani fans that'll buy any product they produce). If they did this purly for artistic purposes it brings arise to the inherent problem of treating any piece of art simply like any other generic commodity and going down the mass-production route; it inevitably cheapens its value both individually and overall.

In any case, controversy is always a great topic and will bring in more publicity (which it certainly has in this case). In my opinion, this endless eight direction was theoretically win, but in practice has been quite lackluster.
Old 2009-07-30, 20:51   Link #218
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
I've played a bit of the visual novel. I will say that Little Busters is really fucking good.

Quote:
Not to mention, it's a waste of blank DVDs... and bad for the environment.
I think printing of E8 DVDs in the first place is a waste of DVDs...
Old 2009-07-30, 20:56   Link #219
Jarmel

I'm starting to wonder if they are purposefully trying to destroy the franchise. After this season, who wants a season 3? This might have been a big middle finger to the fans who wanted a season 2. This allows them to do a FMP, which we know the staff at Kyo-Ani likes, or something like that without people bitching to high heavens. FMP is also owned by Kadokawa so it might have been sacrificing one series to allow another, even though Haruhi sells more than FMP by a boatload. I can see this if Kadokawa is pissed at the author for not doing jack for the past couple of years and Kyo-Ani doesn't want to produce anymore Haruhi. Atleast FMP is producing more novels while the Haruhi author is twiddling his thumbs.
Old 2009-07-30, 21:06   Link #220
ReneeBurossamu

Changes this time around (skimmed through the important parts):

-Haruhi apparently challenges Yuki at the pool.
-Kyon's reaction when his phone rings in the middle of the night made me laugh.
-I can't understand a word Mikuru says because she's babbling in tears.
-Koizumi sounds really, really cheerful compared to the other times.
-You sit through a still shot of Koizumi's watch for at least 10 seconds while they talk.

Ahhhh why am I even logging onto this site?
Episode gets a 2 because you gotta love Sugita trying to be funny despite the loops.
Closed Thread