AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-22, 06:45   Link #1781
HasuMasu
*Artist

Scratch that, I was able to find a launch tournament Grand Finals video.

BEHOLD MY MIGHTY HAND!!!

Must say, that Nemesis is just, damn...
Old 2011-11-22, 20:59   Link #1782
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Nemesis seems meh. From the youtube vids, it seems the combination of individual nerfs, nerfs to X-factor, and the fact that your opponents can hit it in the air now, and less meter gain means that there'll be less hot redheaded fanservice blowing everyone up in glorious fashion in this game D:. I wonder if anyone will still use her since the payoff seems unjustified for the far greater risk.

Hawkeye: Seems to be a better Masktaster.
Vergil is just freaking badass, but from what commentators were saying, doesn't have enough air options to be considered GDLK. His *theme* though...is beyond godlike though. And the dude himself reminds me of Illidan Stormrage sort of...
Wesker is...still same ol' Wesker. So what that he went from 1.1 mil to like 900 or so...he still beats the crap out of most people and 10-0's Ghostrider since Ghostrider can't deal with jump back gunshot.
Mag-freaking-neto lost his DHC, which is a pretty huge nerf, and it seems he can't go lol juggle crazy on people for as long, coupled with less meter gain on a universal level means less loopy loops into "Gravity Squeeze--MWAHAHAHAHA...you...are...DELICIOUS!"
Dormammu: can someone explain to me why this beast received a plethora of buffs?!
Wolvie: seems slightly less badass.
Akuma: now that his tatsu assist lost some of its punch, I won't be surprised if he's never seen again.

Overall: I want Phoenix buffs. At least to the character before Dark Phoenix, so that she can be used without just sitting on the sidelines until 5 meters.

That, or I'm just a Jean fanboy due to the terrific job Jen Hale did as her voice actress. (That and she looks really cuddly in the X-men anime)
Old 2011-11-23, 00:02   Link #1783
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Nemesis isn't really that huge, his inmense size and his slow moves make him an easy target from mostly any killer combo, the bets way to exploit Nemesis is cornering the opponent, if you corner with nemesis and extend the combo with assists, the oponente is in real danger.
Old 2011-11-23, 05:28   Link #1784
HasuMasu
*Artist

Dormammu received buffs? I used to main him, gave up because I suck at keep-away, or maybe I just plain sucked at Dormammu, I was not worthy for the yummy chowder. "I summon the chowder...YUM, YUM!!"
Old 2011-11-23, 20:43   Link #1785
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
Dormammu received buffs? I used to main him, gave up because I suck at keep-away, or maybe I just plain sucked at Dormammu, I was not worthy for the yummy chowder. "I summon the chowder...YUM, YUM!!"
He can now charge in mid air. Among other things. "The power of the power of the power of the power the" in the air.

I'm still pissed that Jean got nerfed. How do you nerf the best looking character in the game ?:C
Old 2011-11-23, 20:57   Link #1786
Undertaker

I'm still disappointed that there is no Cyke, where's the love? I mean he actually has more fans now than back when X-men, MvC 1 or 2 was out. Besides, like/hate him, he was awesome and fun to play with in games.

Personally, IMO, even though Jean got nerfed, she is still a beast in the game so there really isn't much to complain with.

The other Pheonix, however was harder to use than I expected, though he still is a sight to behold.
Old 2011-11-23, 23:20   Link #1787
Demongod86

Because Cyke isn't really lovable. He's got boring gameplay (shotoclone--and we already have Ryu and Akuma--both of whom are infinitely more badass), and people probably can't stand him because he gets the two hottest women in all of Western comics while having no real character traits to justify either. (Frankly, I'd rather ship Emma/Jean but that's just me.)
Old 2011-11-24, 00:57   Link #1788
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Just thought I'd bring this to everyone's attention...

Spoiler for VERY IMPORTANT:
Old 2011-11-24, 01:29   Link #1789
Undertaker

Now THAT is a game I want to see....
Old 2011-11-24, 01:43   Link #1790
Demongod86

*Cuddles the Jean kitty*

Zero kitty looks a LOT like Rush from the Megaman show from way back when. The Felicia kitty is actually incorrectly drawn--as Felicia actually has a kitty form, and that isn't it.

Catlactus is pretty big =P

DMC kitties look badass, as does the Akuma kitty.
Old 2011-11-24, 04:58   Link #1791
HasuMasu
*Artist

Jean had those nerfs coming in my opinion, though now people have even more reason to leave her out until 5 bars, which isn't a good thing either so...
Old 2011-11-24, 09:48   Link #1792
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Phoenix was BS in Vanilla (the original MvC3 for those who aren't familiar with this terminology), so indeed her nerfs are justified in UMvC3. So many undeserved wins with her in tournaments it was disgusting from a competitive standpoint (anyone who's watched tournaments knows this is undoubtedly true).

Those who are complaining about her nerfs need to learn to adapt. Nuff said.
Old 2011-11-24, 19:46   Link #1793
Demongod86

Quote:
Jean had those nerfs coming in my opinion, though now people have even more reason to leave her out until 5 bars, which isn't a good thing either so...
You could have buffed Jean and nerfed just her Dark Phoenix mode. Good girl cute sexy Jean wasn't the problem. It was Dark Phoenix that just blew everyone up. Jean needed buffs. DP needed nerfs.

Yeah Jean won a few tournaments. So did Zero, so did Wesker (and Wesker is more or less completely intact save for a little bit of health), so did Sentinel. Yet Capcom decided to beat the prettiest character in the game with the nerf bat.

*Sigh* @ massive nerfs on the fanservice :C
Old 2011-11-25, 02:48   Link #1794
HasuMasu
*Artist

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what to feel about Super Skrulls changes here, I main him and the only thing I can say is that i'm glad his lvl 3 is easier to use.
Old 2011-11-25, 03:10   Link #1795
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Phoenix was BS in Vanilla (the original MvC3 for those who aren't familiar with this terminology), so indeed her nerfs are justified in UMvC3. So many undeserved wins with her in tournaments it was disgusting from a competitive standpoint (anyone who's watched tournaments knows this is undoubtedly true).

Those who are complaining about her nerfs need to learn to adapt. Nuff said.
lol @ viscant and flockers wins being undeserved. Flockers zero was a massive problem @ Season's Beating and when he got his Phoenix snapped in he showed he can actually play the character. The only other player to win a major with Phoenix was Tokido and half his wins Phoenix wasn't even a factor since he got the first hit with Wolverine and than x-factored.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-25, 03:16   Link #1796
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
lol @ viscant and flockers wins being undeserved. Flockers zero was a massive problem @ Season's Beating and when he got his Phoenix snapped in he showed he can actually play the character. The only other player to win a major with Phoenix was Tokido and half his wins Phoenix wasn't even a factor since he got the first hit with Wolverine and than x-factored.
Of course wolverine also got the nerf bat. What is it with Capcom and hating the X-men >_<. Especially the fan favorites >_<
Old 2011-11-25, 03:18   Link #1797
HasuMasu
*Artist

Because both of them were ridiculously powerful, it's not hard to imagine why Cyclops was a no-go.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:01   Link #1798
Blackbeard D. Kuma

I hate how the ignore feature of this forum isn't reflected when quoting people. Looks like a certain someone here still has reading comprehension problems. I said there were so many undeserved wins with Phoenix. So many doesn't mean all. And furthermore, I didn't mention any specific players in my previous post. So, Westlo, as usual you never learn and continuously make yourself look like a presumptuous fool .

-----

So what are people's thoughts on Rocket Raccoon? He's definitely not for beginners with his strategic placement of traps and what have you. His eccentricity and low health seem to deter people from using him.
Old 2011-11-25, 08:08   Link #1799
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I hate how the ignore feature of this forum isn't reflected when quoting people. Looks like a certain someone here still has reading comprehension problems. I said there were so many undeserved wins with Phoenix. So many doesn't mean all. And furthermore, I didn't mention any specific players in my previous post. So, Westlo, as usual you never learn and continuously make yourself look like a presumptuous fool .

-----

So what are people's thoughts on Rocket Raccoon? He's definitely not for beginners with his strategic placement of traps and what have you. His eccentricity and low health seem to deter people from using him.
Difficult character huh? And here I thought I could use him as a substitute before I became good enough to use Phoenix Wright, I can't even touch that stuff.
Old 2011-11-25, 13:29   Link #1800
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Difficult character huh? And here I thought I could use him as a substitute before I became good enough to use Phoenix Wright, I can't even touch that stuff.
Phoenix Wright definitely also takes some work to get used to. I haven't experimented much with him, but I can tell he'll take some time to master and figure out how to use properly.

From the new characters I'm using, Frank West is definitely the most challenging.

Tags
capcom, crossover, fighting, ps3, xbox360