AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-02, 06:56   Link #161
Key Board
Carbon

That's the equivalent of playing guitar hero all day and only sending job applications to Harmonix
You can not defend this lifestyle.

I'm sorry, but his mother was clearly in the right here.
I'm sorry, but to get a job anywhere you must first build up your resume and networking.

As to what he did so bad to earn a trop to bomberman island?

Well, if you remember, you saw a scene earlier of his mother with a slit wrist, possibly attempting suicide.

What kind of a thing drives a mother to suicidal depression?
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-02, 07:54   Link #162
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Although I agree that he's not exactly a role model at looking for jobs, one argument to that:

He was building networking, he's close to the man who interviewed him (who isn't just some grunt worker, btw) and are friends.
Old 2012-10-05, 00:13   Link #163
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
The first episode has been subbed! Just finished it and really impressive start.
Old 2012-10-05, 00:24   Link #164
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Although I agree that he's not exactly a role model at looking for jobs, one argument to that:

He was building networking, he's close to the man who interviewed him (who isn't just some grunt worker, btw) and are friends.
He's been unemployed for two years -- that's well past the point where you stop being picky and settle for what you can get so you can help your mother pay the bills. It's not like getting a job at a convenience store is going to prevent him from looking for other jobs, and it has to look better on his resume than, "Unemployed bum."

I have to wonder, are we supposed to be rooting for the MC to die, or is the show aimed at people who think getting angry at your mom for making reasonable suggestions is a perfectly valid lifestyle choice?
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 00:39   Link #165
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I have to wonder, are we supposed to be rooting for the MC to die, or is the show aimed at people who think getting angry at your mom for making reasonable suggestions is a perfectly valid lifestyle choice?
It seems like they weren't placed in the island by accident.

Whether it's due to their connection to the game or as a way of 'punishing' the players for their past behaviour or actions remains to be seen. I can't help but look at the story from this angle. I mean, from the preview of episode 2, it seems the main heroine herself has a troublesome past life of which she doesn't want to face and return to... similar to the male lead who has issues of his own: a life with no direction, his selfish and rotten attitude and being always at odds with his mother at home.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 01:22   Link #166
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
It's time to learn that pain is gain READY FIGHT!!!
Love the OP and the episode was over before I knew it so no major complaints about this opener.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
I'd say you're supposed to root for him to get it together and undergo some character growth as he fights to survive.

The message is clearly not "play videogame all and you'll be awesome" our MC feels like a god when its virtual but make it real and he becomes panicked enough to forget the basics of the game (such as the timer).

As kujoe pointed out maybe his prior attitude is what led him to be "selected",the girl says in the preview "this is my punishment".

Last edited by totoum; 2012-10-05 at 01:42.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 01:39   Link #167
supermegasonic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kujoe View Post
It seems like they weren't placed in the island by accident.

Whether it's due to their connection to the game or as a way of 'punishing' the players for their past behaviour or actions remains to be seen. I can't help but look at the story from this angle. I mean, from the preview of episode 2, it seems the main heroine herself has a troublesome past life of which she doesn't want to face and return to... similar to the male lead who has issues of his own: a life with no direction, his selfish and rotten attitude and being always at odds with his mother at home.
so i guess its an undercover program to get useless/troublesome ppl and have them fight to the death? lol
Old 2012-10-05, 03:05   Link #168
kujoe
from head to heel

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermegasonic View Post
so i guess its an undercover program to get useless/troublesome ppl and have them fight to the death? lol
It would depend on what kind of angle the story is going with this idea. I wouldn't be surprised if there's some pseudo-sci-fi-supernatural-philosophy-of-life conspiracy behind all of this... you know, the whole "there's a reason why we're here" shtick. Sounds exactly what an anime would do.

To be honest, I hope there's a much more plausible reason for their presence in the island, but when you're placed into some real life multiplayer game—that you know, coincidentally is just similar to that game you like to play—the explanation could be anything at this point.
kujoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 03:58   Link #169
Awrya
U mad?

Images
Light Yagami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

How many bombs did he already use, 4-5? Assuming he had 10 bombs at the beginning plus the bomb bag of the other guy (who used up 5+), his current stock is ~10 bombs.
If the 'selected' ones keep meeting opponents and both used 7+ bombs each, I wouldn't be surprised if at the end they fight with their fit.
In the preview one guy uses an army knife, maybe he already used up his bombs or is saving them for emergencies?
Old 2012-10-05, 06:01   Link #170
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

so watching this so this case of combine survivor + battle royale + mirai nikki + explosion bombs = btooom!

give this focus on ryuta is top gamer on it give his mom concern of future yea really someone call therapy for them?

one day on a island now survive now have fight bomb to make it all go tick tick boom to survive hey at least see blonde doobi female.

oh well might as see how far it goes?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 06:31   Link #171
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

I am not sure whether its appropriate to ask this question in anime-only section,if its not pls delete it

Spoiler:
Old 2012-10-05, 07:44   Link #172
Vladrave
The Dark Slayer

I'm a manga reader of this anime and i have read it a long time ago. But IIRC this moves a little too fast paced but overall i like this episode. Needs to explain more though(Of course, of course it will).
Vladrave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 07:46   Link #173
Kyouka
Is Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
I am not sure whether its appropriate to ask this question in anime-only section,if its not pls delete it

Spoiler:
series is L so the group dropped it
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 08:33   Link #174
Dorsai

Manga is too good to be dropped for long time... Probably sb will pick up it when anime will start... At least we all hope for it ;p
Old 2012-10-05, 09:17   Link #175
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Fast Forward the first 23 minutes of pretty explosions and Yagami Light angst, and I must say that the preview looked very promising
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 09:17   Link #176
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
I'd say you're supposed to root for him to get it together and undergo some character growth as he fights to survive.

The message is clearly not "play videogame all and you'll be awesome" our MC feels like a god when its virtual but make it real and he becomes panicked enough to forget the basics of the game (such as the timer).

As kujoe pointed out maybe his prior attitude is what led him to be "selected",the girl says in the preview "this is my punishment".
The problem is, we're thrown into this situation where the MC's being attacked by a raging psychopath, and I have no reason to root for him. He may grow later, but I need some reason to want him to survive now, and the show didn't give it to me. I'm just supposed to do it because he's been anointed as the MC.

Compare to Kaiji and Welcome to the NHK which have similar type characters but actually manage to make them sympathetic right from the start.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:25   Link #177
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Oooh, looks like Battle Royale with Bombs. Count me in!

And if it's like Battle Royale, maybe these people weren't just random selection of unrelated people. Maybe someone rich and insane decided it would be fun to make a real life Btooom and kidnapped the top XX of the ladder then dropped them off in the island. Don't think Mr. Psycho and MC both know how to use bombs.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:35   Link #178
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

I think the animation is going to get better as the show progresses just look at op it looks nice and fluid.

if anyone sees the uncensored version of episode 1 let me know so I can search for it

Last edited by Cold~as~Ice; 2012-10-05 at 10:50.
Cold~as~Ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 10:54   Link #179
Ghanw
(-_-)

Idk if i was watching episode 1&2 but which one is episode one cause one of the claimed episode one has the mc and mh meet in the virtual world while the other one is a guy getting blown up in the virtual world.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-05, 11:10   Link #180
Cold~as~Ice
this is how its done

the one you are talking about the the guy getting blown up is the first episode

Tags
action, seinen