AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-17, 00:33   Link #1
seal-team-6

Gunslinger girl any good?

I enjoy action and a little drama to some extent but wanna know if this series is completely full of crying and tears.

Cause' I don't like annoying emphasis of plot with crybabies. Anything like gungrave, hellsing are good.

Thanks.
Old 2003-11-17, 01:59   Link #2
Mao-Yenrai
Juppon Gatana

Send a message via AIM to Mao-Yenrai
I love it

I don't know if i'm the best person to respond to this, but I personally love gunslinger girl. The girls themselves have no emotion and are essentially psychologically scarred, crazy, and deadly. there are moments when it gets "crybaby-ish" but you sympathize with the characters more than you want them to shut up and kill something. The opening song is amazing and the whole atmosphere really just takes me back to Cowboy bebop in a sense. It's a bit slow at times and definately not as action packed as hellsing. Its a bit more emotional and character based. A straight action anime it is not, but it is definately very very well done.
Old 2003-11-17, 19:58   Link #3
seal-team-6

Hmmm... I just finished watching the first episode and it was great! I enjoyed the action scene in the beginning where Henrietta withdraws the P-90 from her violin! Very creative the way she defeated the guy at the door.
Old 2003-11-17, 20:19   Link #4
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

So far I like the show, it kinda reminds me of Noir except their are more girls who go through all this distrubing crap.
Old 2004-01-03, 18:46   Link #5
Pandora
Poisoned

I'm curious. Now that at least half of the series is out. What do people think about it? I'm comtemplating on watching that, since Tsukihime has ended.
Old 2004-01-03, 19:03   Link #6
Kitsune-bi

Send a message via ICQ to Kitsune-bi
Thumbs up

Personally I love the series. Very dramatic with action. But its not one of those animes thats just fighting, shooting, kill, kill, kill. Tho, imo it plays very well. Only 8 episodes in and I'm already quite attached to the girls. My only complaint is that episodes 1 and 2 are on the slow side. episode 2 being more or less a recap of episode 1 with a few new scenes thrown in. But it picks up alot after that.
Old 2004-01-03, 20:24   Link #7
guynextdoor
arcueid !! ^^

really great show, which sadly not ppl are watching
Old 2004-01-04, 11:44   Link #8
Gaara11
~ Got Love? ~

I don't know what it is about GG that bores me, maybe its just the atmosphere. I find the fighting scenes and the plot very good nonetheless. But the feeling of forcing myself to watch it...hmmmm...I don't know.
Old 2004-01-04, 12:51   Link #9
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
So far it has well written story but it remains to be seen how it will be concluded. Afterall, all prinicipal players in the story is already introduced, the last 5 eps will the outcome of these characters in the play.
Closed Thread