AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Boku wa Tomodachi...

Notices

Old 2011-10-14, 07:24   Link #981
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Yozora is great deadpan comedy. "What's this?" "It's called a 'television'. It runs on 'electricity'." See also the "u mad?" dance, and the level-headed and self-certain way she made up her mind to murder the 2D girl. If only her family weren't too poor to afford underwear for her.

If there were exploding barrels in dating sims, those two sociopaths would have found them, and unlocked the ultimate Bad End. Or... did I just create the best dating sim ever? Stay tuned for next week's edition of My Little Griefer: Friendship is Tragic.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 07:49   Link #982
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

@Episode 1: As a rather non-humorous person, I didn't discover much of the humor, but had to laugh at Sena's "Washboards shouldn't talk" chest-size comment . That being said, I found myself to agree a lot with Yozora's point of view or definition about friends and club joining at the beginning even though there are hardly if up to no school clubs like that (ie. not to this extend or degree) in Germany as you see in Japan. As for Sena and Yozora's quarrel, it's like the saying "Those who like each other, like to quarrel"

@Yozora: Her dark-ish voice fits her gloomy vibe when she's not happily chatting with "Tomo-chan".

@Sena: Uhm ... her appearance was for my taste too "childish" (excuse my lack of finding a more suitable term) for the supposed-to-be beauty #1 2nd year student in some situations. The small teeth you see when she talks on the upper mouth section for example or when she pressed against the window.

@Opening: This kind of music isn't really my taste and the fanservice? I'm a VN gamer, so this is not really a (major) selling point for me.

Overall, it was good enough so that I will watch ep. 2 at some time later, just not with highest priority or so.
Then again, I did not read the manga because I really dislike(d) the art style.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 09:03   Link #983
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... ep 2 wasn't bad ... "light comedy" to be sure, and pleasant enough. Not a whole lot of character development, though.

Atm for me I would file it in the same general category as Working 2 and Ika Musume 2 ... which isn't all that bad, per se, just not enough to inspire me to put it on the "active following" list: it would be the sort of show I would watch later. i.e. "steamrolling" all the eps one after another.

But lets wait for another ep or 2 ... perhaps they are still setting things up....

7/10 vote from me for ep 2.
Old 2011-10-14, 10:02   Link #984
Peanutbutter

That sponsor screen.

That Monster Hunter.

That Yozora ass.

Nagato!!!

Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 10:07   Link #985
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Whose heart here felt a sharp stab of pain when the PSP fell off the table?
Old 2011-10-14, 11:11   Link #986
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
How about this?
Spoiler:
Signature size for AS, please? It can be my current sign replacement. With my nick on it.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 11:21   Link #987
EroKing

Here is the birth of the one and the true Goddess of Troll.

ALL HAIL YOZORA!
Old 2011-10-14, 11:26   Link #988
Bloss-Chan

*bows*

Nopan Yozora.. I paused for who knows how long.
Bloss-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:18   Link #989
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decagon View Post
How about this?
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
It's good but not as much as a cocktease if you go back a few frames.

Spoiler for This is how you capture ero:

Revealing just the lower part of the face makes it much more sexier
All saved!
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:44   Link #990
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Episode 2. Loved every minutes of it. This is more how I would have loved to see the portrayal of the relationship of two vitriolic buddies, moreover we avoided the exagerrated reaction faces or slapstick beating that usually plagues comedy anime. And finally the fanservice is <3
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 12:53   Link #991
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Wish visual novels I played had a voice for the main character...

Anyway, to the episode. Yep, they're crazy all right - but there is chemistry there between Kodaka, Yozora and Sena here. Playing the games may not have done much in the sense of improving their relationships with each other (Yozora and Sena still beating each other up with renewed vigour ), but it certainly told me a lot of things about their character.

Kodaka is nothing more than a victim of circumstance - had he had black hair (to start with, not dyed it) and turned up on time to the first day, I doubt he would have had much of a problem with making friends.

Yozora and Sena on the other hand... yikes, they have problems. No wonder why they can't make friends if they thought Fujibayashi in the game was a slut by being friendly towards the MC in the game when they'd only just met her.

Definitely think the latter two have a skewed sense of how to make friends, in my opinion.

Always thought the OP was good, but the ED has grown on me.
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:22   Link #992
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Signature size for AS, please? It can be my current sign replacement. With my nick on it.
Dunno if you will like it but here's the best I could manage.

Old 2011-10-14, 13:27   Link #993
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by viperdk1 View Post
Kodaka is nothing more than a victim of circumstance - had he had black hair (to start with, not dyed it) and turned up on time to the first day, I doubt he would have had much of a problem with making friends.
Are the Japanese really this weird? If you're male with blonde hair, you're a delinquent, but if you're female with blonde hair, you're a beauty queen?
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:31   Link #994
viperdk1
The Colour of Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Are the Japanese really this weird? If you're male with blonde hair, you're a delinquent, but if you're female with blonde hair, you're a beauty queen?
That was my thought too - doesn't make any sense, does it?
viperdk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:41   Link #995
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
"Your hair will turn blond, and you'll develop excess fat on your chest and turn into a cow"

Unable to make friends, they resort to fictional characters... uh oh. Also, I like how Sena and Yozora only agree when they're hating on something. That might strike a bit too close to home IMO.

But yea, that was pretty funny, the whole video games segment reminded me of a certain anime related episode from South Park.

Can they skip the convoluted stuff and stop going around the issue? Nah, it's much easier to blame other people.

Another bitch getting too excited over galage and forcing someone to play it. Yikes. Lol Yukiko Nagato and Akari Fujibayashi.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:42   Link #996
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Quote:
Well, it's mainly because of how Kodoka looked and acted. We have this heavy breathing guy with blondish hair and sharp eyes suddenly barge into the classroom, stumble towards the teacher as if to assault her, and also sort of gives a scary side look at the girl next to him. With that as the foundation, we also have him not wear his uniform properly after that first day (rolled up pants, no jacket and tie, etc). Basically, Kodoka acted like what a "normal" Yanki would be like.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:43   Link #997
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Blonde isn't a natural hair color for Japanese people, so they usually classify blondes as either foreigners or delinquents. It's not only Kodaka's hair that made them figure he was a delinquent either, his intimidating appearance and bad impressions had a large part in that as well.

So I guess Sena has a foreign parent as well? Or perhaps she's actually Caucasian and lives in Japan because of her parent's business?
Old 2011-10-14, 13:46   Link #998
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
I found these links a while ago which may be interesting for your questions
http://whatjapanthinks.com/2009/10/2...refer-blondes/
http://www.mynippon.com/women/blond.htm
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-14, 13:46   Link #999
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
I don't think it is as much a male with blond hair as a Japanese looking male with blond hair.

Quote:
I had wondered about females with blond hair....

Afair blond hair with male Japanese is associated almost solely with rebelliousness and "yankees", and when it became really popular it became a "trope" which pervades Japanese arts and media (and maybe society to a lesser extent?) to this day ... maybe (don't quote me) a similar "trope" for America would be the reaction to the "punk look" in the mid 70's.

That "look" became associated with certain attitudes and lifestyles and such, and the aftereffects of that exist in bits and pieces to this day in American arts and media and maybe to a lesser extent in society.

But females (particular those obviously Japanese) with blond hair I am unsure about. Somehow I had assumed it was associated with being a "foreigner", and the stereotyped Japanese attraction to American foreigners was bound up with this.

Anyone else know more details or accuracy than this (if my impressions are accurate itfp of course! ) ...
Old 2011-10-14, 13:50   Link #1000
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

Quote:
actually yeah, a kid that came here from japan wich his mother was from here had a lot of troubles and bullying over there, he actually didnt have any firends, but here he even got popular(he had Vhs tapes od dragonball gt and we were only getting Z and dragonball was the bomb ATM) i remeber how a friend really found funny that he got his first kiss at 14, on the other hand i have a friend at work who has a japanese girfriend(her mother is from here too) and from the photos he shows me of her shes quite popular, but she surely is hot.

Tags
comedy, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen