*Author

Spoiler for Chap. 99 and more:
Old 2008-08-20, 21:12   Link #284
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post

Oh, and I TRIPLE DIRTY DOG DARE Luxus to say something bad about Ezra now. KICK HIS ASS IF HE DARES TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT OUR BELOVED SCARLET-HAIRED GODDESS NATSU!!!
Triple Dirty Dog Dare!!! ROFL!!!!!
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:12   Link #285
Somnus
Eh?

Spoiler for Chapter 99:
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-20, 22:54   Link #286
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnnn....*staring at FFNET* not a lot of Ezra/Natsu fiction.... I'll fix that. lol
Old 2008-08-20, 23:00   Link #287
Sin Ansem
With this I'm Invincible!

Send a message via AIM to Sin Ansem Send a message via MSN to Sin Ansem
Spoiler for chapter 99:

I Am Negima!?, and SO CAN YOU!
Part the First
Part the Second
Abandon Sanity, all ye who read here
Sin Ansem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 05:28   Link #288
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

;_; .....
Old 2008-08-21, 06:26   Link #289
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Spoiler for Chap. 99 and more:
Oh god pls not, i hate this Obi-wan ghost shit, that would be like the worst deus ex to take her out of picture for the most part (why the hell would Mashima want to do that anyway?). This way he could make her vanish with her nakama being comforted that she will always live in their memories blabla *disgusted*and therefor bypass the heavy impact on the guild and especially her closer friends which should change the mood and the series as a whole completely.

I like your dragon-idea more for obvious reasons and about Luxus: why not rebuild the tower and use him as sacrifice for reviving Erza?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 07:04   Link #290
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

well they said that the next chapter was going to be a longer one so...I guess we'll have to wait until then to really see what sort of impact this leaves on everyone else - we all know how we (the readers) are affected by these developments.
Old 2008-08-21, 08:58   Link #291
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

Because the Mangaka has the balls to actually kill popular characters in his previous works; I really am worried that Erza is really no more. In which case I am both enraged and full of sorrow. (Much like the incident with Teresa in Claymore)

Need...Next...Chapter...NOW!
Old 2008-08-21, 09:55   Link #292
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well like some people said the mangaka has the balls to kill many popular protagonist

well maybe it is his style but still some of use are pissed OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 14:04   Link #293
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*hits head* THAT'S who she reminds me of - Reina from RM! If you haven't read it by now, shame. Still, I hope that the respective Dragons can do something about this. And I guess we can call the official relationship between Ezra and Natsu as being 'elder sister/youngest brother'. -.- I guess I have to move this to my non-canon pairing list. lol

I rather prefer this style to others. I know that it's sad when characters that you've become attatched to are killed off but in this respect, his stories mirror life in a realistic fashion, despite all the powers wielded by the characters themselves.

Oh yeah and Ezra = Teresa. I actually feel more for Ezra than for Teresa but we've seen more of Ezra's life and personality so that kinda tipped the scales. I just hope that we continue to get more Ezra art as we go on....
Old 2008-08-21, 14:13   Link #294
Ultenth

I dunno, I just get the feeling that she's going to be saved somehow, I she hasn't really died YET, so its really hard to tell. If she does die, if anything I'll like this manga more, in part because of the point made in the previous post. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
Ultenth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 15:11   Link #295
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hn, the only way that comes to mind for them to 'revive' Ezra is to use a similar/ if not the same method that Jeral was going to use to revive Zeref. But the thing is, if her will is fused to the power, will she 'remember' who she was if they managed to call down Aetherion again into another tower?

For some reason, the quote, "My Mind is my Power, My Power is my Mind," came to me when I was typing this out. The last two eps of Slayers NEXT is playing in my head for this entire situation.
Old 2008-08-21, 16:48   Link #296
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Hn, the only way that comes to mind for them to 'revive' Ezra is to use a similar/ if not the same method that Jeral was going to use to revive Zeref. But the thing is, if her will is fused to the power, will she 'remember' who she was if they managed to call down Aetherion again into another tower?

For some reason, the quote, "My Mind is my Power, My Power is my Mind," came to me when I was typing this out. The last two eps of Slayers NEXT is playing in my head for this entire situation.
yea seems that reviving the dead takes a great deal of power to do so. Therefore I have to go with the option that Erza has just been possessed instead, if i ever want to see her again!
Old 2008-08-21, 21:33   Link #297
KoroshiyaX
X

Ch99...
Spoiler:
KoroshiyaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-21, 22:03   Link #298
Cinocard

I also hope so, base on what he pulled of after "killing" Haru in Rave. That was a really good one.

Quote:
*hits head* THAT'S who she reminds me of - Reina from RM! If you haven't read it by now, shame. Still, I hope that the respective Dragons can do something about this. And I guess we can call the official relationship between Ezra and Natsu as being 'elder sister/youngest brother'. -.- I guess I have to move this to my non-canon pairing list. lol

I rather prefer this style to others. I know that it's sad when characters that you've become attatched to are killed off but in this respect, his stories mirror life in a realistic fashion, despite all the powers wielded by the characters themselves.
Reina appeared in FOUR, just FOUR different place in Rave, including the small talk in DC HQ. She's hardly a main character, but more like some kind of "device" to develop Musica along the story. You could put a horny old man in her place and it make little difference.
Cinocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 06:06   Link #299
MooMooFarm

Quote:
Spoiler for 99:
Spoiler for 99:

Quote:
Spoiler for 99:
Spoiler for 99:
MooMooFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-22, 07:03   Link #300
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinocard View Post
Reina appeared in FOUR, just FOUR different place in Rave, including the small talk in DC HQ. She's hardly a main character, but more like some kind of "device" to develop Musica along the story. You could put a horny old man in her place and it make little difference.
...actually, putting some old man in the place of Reina would have made a HUGE difference to Musica... And I wasn't comparing Reina's role in RM to Ezra's role here in FT - all I said that she reminds me of Reina - you read too much into that. But...since you brought it up...I can draw some comparisons between the two - despite their respective standings and showtimes as characters.

And to MooMooFarm - ... I really hope you didn't take that statement too seriously.... I mean, who would believe a statement that starts with 'I TRIPLE DIRTY DOG DARE' anyway?

And this mangaka DOES have the balls to do something like killing off main characters. That's why all of his fights are 0.0 because you never know who's gonna bite the dust half the time and its usually in a way that blindsides you. In many of his fights, the battle can go either way - that's why I love his style of drawing out fights - it keeps the intensity of it.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen