AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-06-14, 04:27   Link #921
Preacher

Adorable... Yamada thinking about how she was told that she should be considerate with the peoples personal secrets for few seconds... and then telling it anyway
Old 2010-06-14, 04:56   Link #922
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Adorable... Yamada thinking about how she was told that she should be considerate with the peoples personal secrets for few seconds... and then telling it anyway
Well...Souma did ask her to "think about it carefully", which is precisely what she did Oh, the wonders of euphemism - anyone else ever answered a "do you have the time?" with a simple "Yes"?

And, it looks like the storyboarders have heeded everyone's complaints

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 05:58   Link #923
Wigwams

hey can anyone translate this profile?
http://www.wagnaria.com/chara/chara14.html

i really want to know who that megane waitress is.
Old 2010-06-14, 06:03   Link #924
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamansanchez View Post
Spoiler for From the official site:

According to the character list on the site, it's Matsumoto Maya. The only description is something like "Normally normal". No voice actor listed, but then again, Yamada didn't have one either until she showed up.
here ya go wigwams
Old 2010-06-14, 06:10   Link #925
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Inami was really cute this week, Yamada was adorable too. I'll really miss this show when it ends.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 06:27   Link #926
blewin

Finally caught up with ep 10 and 11. I feel sorry for Takanashi about the misunderstanding Nazuna holds towards him. Inami's making more trouble for Takanashi without herself knowing it! Still, it's great to see her confessing... even though it's only for the sister, lol. But if Nazuna realises it's a real confession, wonder what she'd do. haha, she's so evil thinking she'd manipulate people just like how she manipulates her sisters back home. This is now official Nazuna really is Evil!

As for ep 11, it makes me like Yamada more. I used to really dislike her. Wonder whether we'll see more of her background in the final two episodes (or second season if there's one coming). uhhh... so sad to see this anime end. Every episode is one little gem to brighten the week.

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 08:29   Link #927
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Decided to marathon this up to 11.. glad I did but it's going to end soon any news of season 2?
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 09:48   Link #928
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Poplar's confession is cute beyond words can describe.
Old 2010-06-14, 16:07   Link #929
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Poor Poplar-chan got scared even worse because of Jun-kun.

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
CMSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 16:52   Link #930
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
All I have to say is it looks like Poplar is getting the screentime she deserves says preview. Wonder how this turns out.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 18:07   Link #931
magnumcyclonex
Cyclone Magnum

The rainbow was awesome.
magnumcyclonex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 19:42   Link #932
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well another nice episode. I didn't think the series would give so much attention to Inami x Takanashi though I'm fine with them doing so. Definitely making some progress and this episode was just good for Inami to realize that getting past her phobia won't mean getting separated from Takanashi. When you think about it the answer is kind of obvious since if she isn't hitting him there is room for getting closer.

Surprising Satou actually seems to have a chance. I mean Yachiyo was pretty shaken by the knowledge that he would eventually leave the restaurant and move on. They have been working together for quite some time. While he might think this one-sided thing has no hope it seems possible that things could work out in the end for him.
Old 2010-06-14, 20:01   Link #933
Qikz

Really loved this episode, loved how at the end his oneesan said something along the lines of what do you think a boy and girl can get up to behind close doors Yamada, then she replies a card game, they burst through and they actually are.

I really, really hope they do a second season.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 21:02   Link #934
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

11 was indeed pure win - absurdly cute top to bottom. And the "old maid" gag at the end - pure genius. And best of all, the writers pull the PV directly from the boards - Poplar isn't getting enough screen time!
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 00:57   Link #935
Francismeunier
Banned

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonhym View Post
here ya go wigwams
Ah thanks you very much Sir! That finally lifts my Then again I don't that Maya ever talked in the first place just something they might work on in the second season should there be one.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 06:52   Link #936
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Well, I thought the episode was pretty good. Really cute, good funny moments. When there isn't physical violence involved, I can get Inami/Takanashi. Especially since both of them aren't blushing/nervous, a lot of it is just in Inami's head. Poor Gopher-san though...getting broken in the prime of his life. The more I see Takanashi in stuff, the more I like him. While he's in a romance, he doesn't follow any cliches and has a pretty diverse way of looking at things. He wins, even though I'm not of fan of the romantic slant.

Poplar's confession was really funny (Black wig ftw), and damn, I really love Yamada. She's funny, she's absurd, and she has an array of very odd items and clothing. Something about her voice actor is really good and fits with her character. Love her crazy mind and her crazier actions. And the end really made me chuckle, since we'll get a Poplar episode coming up. Nazuna's appearance was also very welcoming.

For some reason, I kind of want to see Takanashi get more into Kotori-Chan, just because 1. It's perfect for comedy, 2. It'd be a second persona for him to take on for avoid crazy people.

-I really tired of the Jun x Yachiyo stuff because when you look at it, him falling for her is just moronic. Really, she just said something and he automatically fell for her. Yet, he doesn't act kind and he's self-aware that the love is one-sided. Hasn't he been around her enough to know she's obsessed with Kyouko and dense? I feel like this whole thing brought down Satou's character down a peg, because he chooses to stay in a dumb relationship. (The lack of Souma wasn't that great either. ^^;_

-Kozue annoyed me this episode. She's kind of fun, but some of the most annoying anime characters are the ones where the type who stalk other characters just to do watch them be in love or (even more so) watch them have sexual relations. And it's only because they have nothing better to do or they are really desperate. She just reflected on me like all those bad characters.

Thought the episode was good, but I'm hoping good stuff for this finale.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 09:35   Link #937
Haesslich
Go to DMC! Go to DMC!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
-I really tired of the Jun x Yachiyo stuff because when you look at it, him falling for her is just moronic. Really, she just said something and he automatically fell for her. Yet, he doesn't act kind and he's self-aware that the love is one-sided. Hasn't he been around her enough to know she's obsessed with Kyouko and dense? I feel like this whole thing brought down Satou's character down a peg, because he chooses to stay in a dumb relationship. (The lack of Souma wasn't that great either. ^^;_

-Kozue annoyed me this episode. She's kind of fun, but some of the most annoying anime characters are the ones where the type who stalk other characters just to do watch them be in love or (even more so) watch them have sexual relations. And it's only because they have nothing better to do or they are really desperate. She just reflected on me like all those bad characters.

Thought the episode was good, but I'm hoping good stuff for this finale.
I thought this showed that Satou fell for Yachiyo by accident as she's his age and cute; in other words, it was for shallow reasons and it annoys him that he feels that way about someone who pisses him off by her behavior and actions. But, like in real life, you don't usually get to choose who you fall for, just what to do about it. And he's trying to put a bit more distance in by calling her by her last name, startling her, and now by stating he's going to leave so she shouldn't get too attached - and not replying when she asks him to stay.

Kozue has no boyfriend and no life, thanks to her lack of restraint and lack of common sense (who smashes boyfriends without apparently asking?). My concern, given her response during the household ep where she saw Souta had kept the doll she gave him was that she was going to show her affection for him in a non-sisterly way... and would have joined in if Inami and Souta had been playing strip poker.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 10:56   Link #938
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
-I really tired of the Jun x Yachiyo stuff because when you look at it, him falling for her is just moronic. Really, she just said something and he automatically fell for her.
Did I just hear someone call me monoric?
I find it's funny when people try to find a reason to love someone.
Old 2010-06-15, 11:23   Link #939
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Did I just hear someone call me monoric?
I find it's funny when people try to find a reason to love someone.
Love is simple, Love is complicated, it's a lot of things. But you have to really look at the characters to judge how the love is based on anything and if it's a good relationship or not. Lots of love comes from an attraction like Satou to Yachiyo, but on the other hand it's kind of baseless how he knows it's wrong, he's bitter about it, and he hasn't gotten over it or express it to anyone.

It's one of those things that hurts because no one can communicate or just say what they really think. (Except Poplar, she could make a confession to someone who isn't real. XD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haesslich View Post
I thought this showed that Satou fell for Yachiyo by accident as she's his age and cute; in other words, it was for shallow reasons and it annoys him that he feels that way about someone who pisses him off by her behavior and actions. But, like in real life, you don't usually get to choose who you fall for, just what to do about it. And he's trying to put a bit more distance in by calling her by her last name, startling her, and now by stating he's going to leave so she shouldn't get too attached - and not replying when she asks him to stay.

Kozue has no boyfriend and no life, thanks to her lack of restraint and lack of common sense (who smashes boyfriends without apparently asking?). My concern, given her response during the household ep where she saw Souta had kept the doll she gave him was that she was going to show her affection for him in a non-sisterly way... and would have joined in if Inami and Souta had been playing strip poker.
It's another case of suspending sense of disbelief. And I really can't for Jun because he hardly treats Yachiyo different than anyone. He's also been around her for years and knows everything about her. I get that he can fall for her that way, it just surprises me he never got over it and chooses to still be irritable and cold because of it. Romance, has made him a worse person.

Kozue is fun, bordering on sad. If you watch any anime with some 20-aged girl, loves to drink, sad about not finding a man, they can make for messed up characters. Sometimes fun, sometimes sympathetic, but other times it can be creepy.
Nukerjsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-15, 11:39   Link #940
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Heh, I loved this episode, Yamada really stole the show for me. It's too bad that there's only one episode left of this, but I think the chances for a second season is quite high. It's reasonably popular, the DVD sales is quite good and the manga source is still ongoing, so if there's enough material a second season is quite possible. Of course, there may be other factors playing against it but I'm hoping for the best.

Regarding JunxYachiyo, I think Jun himself realizes fully well that her love for Yachiyo is shallow and hopeless. Despite knowing that, he can't brush off the feeling that easily and that's what frustrates him the most (and Yachiyo's denseness not helping any). I think that's why he treats Yachiyo rather harshly, he tried to be detached to shake off his feelings. His chances is better though, as Yachiyo seems to take his presence for granted and started to realize it when he won't stay with her forever. I think this is the main point for the development, they're both having a shallow, childish puppy love and as they step into adulthood (they're around 20, I guess) they must drop their teenage crushes to really fall in love, perhaps with each other. At least that's how I see it.

It is indeed stretching the suspension of disbelief knowing how much time they spend with each other, but I'm willing to forgive it since this show is more about comedy than realistic romance drama.
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen