sasabit

Welp that is a BIG RIP... why no Chifuyu-nee... T_T
sasabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 11:36   Link #6762
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
100% the violent tsundere. are there any other choices that are better.....

Spoiler for ...:
Now I get the reason why the IS girls like Ichika better than Chifuyu. He's the easy-picking for the girls to do whatever they please like bossing him around, and all of that stuff. And they fear Chifuyu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Rose Princess View Post
Yes. As I said on the previous page, all signs point to Houki winning.

How could Ichika possibly ends up with Houki? The last time I checked, the other IS girls stepped in and threaten to destroy Ichika with their ISes when Houki and Ichika about to kiss. Forcing him to retreat while Houki did nothing to protect him. Things hadn't moved forward between the two of them. I wonder why. It's true Ichika may be dense and dumb. But that's no excuse for Houki to treat him like that. Look at Tohka and Shido from Date-A-Live. Shido treat Tohka with respect and that allows her to understand the meaning of the word "date" at her own pace on episode 3 of the first season. Not to mention she didn't make any progress with Ichika at all. They're not even dating also.

What makes you think this will be different? I forgot to mention Houki's first attempt to confess Ichika of her feelings at the Shinonono Festival ended in failure due to the sound of the fireworks. Kanzashi's attempt also ended in failure as she told Ichika that she loves anime/manga instead of him.

Last edited by Chaos-Zero; 2019-10-04 at 12:20.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 16:43   Link #6763
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
Now I get the reason why the IS girls like Ichika better than Chifuyu. He's the easy-picking for the girls to do whatever they please like bossing him around, and all of that stuff. And they fear Chifuyu.

How could Ichika possibly ends up with Houki? The last time I checked, the other IS girls stepped in and threaten to destroy Ichika with their ISes when Houki and Ichika about to kiss. Forcing him to retreat while Houki did nothing to protect him. Things hadn't moved forward between the two of them. I wonder why. It's true Ichika may be dense and dumb. But that's no excuse for Houki to treat him like that. Look at Tohka and Shido from Date-A-Live. Shido treat Tohka with respect and that allows her to understand the meaning of the word "date" at her own pace on episode 3 of the first season. Not to mention she didn't make any progress with Ichika at all. They're not even dating also.

What makes you think this will be different? I forgot to mention Houki's first attempt to confess Ichika of her feelings at the Shinonono Festival ended in failure due to the sound of the fireworks. Kanzashi's attempt also ended in failure as she told Ichika that she loves anime/manga instead of him.
it's an ''harem'' series. the violent tsundere will always win all the other characters don't matter. they only matter for figures and doujins

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-04, 19:29   Link #6764
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post

Because the entire penultimate book was about Houki. You don’t do that for a character who won’t be the final heroine.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-14, 20:53   Link #6765
Silvertail

J-Novel has finished volume 10, meaning we can finally read (if your a JN member) what Baka-Tsuki, Rapidswitch and Daupao didn't translated. Hopefully, next month they will start volume 11.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 20:17   Link #6766
DanielSong39

Well here is how I see Ichika's situation with each girl.

Houki - mutual affection but is easily the most dangerous. Actually if it weren't for a split second reaction from Tatenashi, both he and Tatenashi would have died

Rin - sprite swap of Houki, slightly less dangerous than Houki because she has less power

Cecilia - palette swap of Houki, basically the three are triplets. Slightly less powerful than Houki and telegraphs her attacks a little more

Laura - well she straight out assaults him, but Ichika is more guarded around her which makes her less dangerous

Charlotte - She's a violent psycho like the rest but looks almost normal by comparison

Now the secondary girls:
Tatenashi - forever teasing Ichika but is comparatively sane and is stronger than the psycho girls who attack Ichika, has some promise

Maya - probably out of his league

Kanzashi, Natasha - lack screen time

Ran - give her two more years, she's well on her way to becoming Houki 2.0 (or 4.0? Along with Rin and Cecilia)

Madoka - too antagonistic

So basically Ichika has no good choices, and if he makes a choice either the other girls get jealous and attack him or the girl he chooses gets jealous and attacks him. Tatenashi might be strong enough to protect him but only from one girl at a time. Chifuyu can protect him from all the girls (to an extent) so staying under her protection is his only choice if you ask me.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-22, 22:58   Link #6767
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Well here is how I see Ichika's situation with each girl.

Houki - mutual affection but is easily the most dangerous. Actually if it weren't for a split second reaction from Tatenashi, both he and Tatenashi would have died

Rin - sprite swap of Houki, slightly less dangerous than Houki because she has less power

Cecilia - palette swap of Houki, basically the three are triplets. Slightly less powerful than Houki and telegraphs her attacks a little more

Laura - well she straight out assaults him, but Ichika is more guarded around her which makes her less dangerous

Charlotte - She's a violent psycho like the rest but looks almost normal by comparison

Now the secondary girls:
Tatenashi - forever teasing Ichika but is comparatively sane and is stronger than the psycho girls who attack Ichika, has some promise

Maya - probably out of his league

Kanzashi, Natasha - lack screen time

Ran - give her two more years, she's well on her way to becoming Houki 2.0 (or 4.0? Along with Rin and Cecilia)

Madoka - too antagonistic

So basically Ichika has no good choices, and if he makes a choice either the other girls get jealous and attack him or the girl he chooses gets jealous and attacks him. Tatenashi might be strong enough to protect him but only from one girl at a time. Chifuyu can protect him from all the girls (to an extent) so staying under her protection is his only choice if you ask me.
Kanzashi and Tatenashi are promoted to full harem status by Volume 8.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.

Letting Go
Old 2019-10-23, 04:00   Link #6768
Lex79

Well, romance in this series is pretty bad. Violent tsunderes are only fun in the beginning and when almost all the female cast is like that, the series is more rage inducing than enjoyable. Having said that, I haven't read the last two volumes but going by the translated ones I think the author is going for a non romantic resolution. If there will be a winner, Houki is the only one who had so!e romantic interactions with Ichika so I'm betting in her.
Old 2019-10-28, 20:08   Link #6769
Silvertail

J-Novel has released part 1 of volume 11. After two long years, we can finally read 11 instead of spoilers for it. Although, it seems like J-Novel might catch up before the final volume is finally revealed.
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-29, 09:19   Link #6770
NeutralZero

Why bother choosing one of the main 5 if there's chifuyu...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 10:06   Link #6771
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

So what is Tatenashi's status so far?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 20:02   Link #6772
DanielSong39

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralZero View Post
Why bother choosing one of the main 5 if there's chifuyu...
Even the 5 agreed with you there (albeit in an OVA)
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-10-31, 20:49   Link #6773
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
So what is Tatenashi's status so far?
Definitely in the harem. Same with Kanzashi.

Letting Go
Old 2019-11-06, 09:47   Link #6774
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I have a feeling why Ichika's present to the world of IS. Maybe it because due to his presence, the IS pilots can know the difference between right and wrong.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 17:56   Link #6775
Drake17

Is this a Harem series or a a wimp/coward get together who doesn't go the right route the way of the Harem King?
Drake17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-07, 18:08   Link #6776
Roberto1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake17 View Post
Is this a Harem series or a a wimp/coward get together who doesn't go the right route the way of the Harem King?

A coward but he is funny
Old 2019-11-07, 18:44   Link #6777
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake17 View Post
It's Infinite Stratos, dude.

It's one of the original harem LN's to get anime adaptions and get popular alongside ZnT, and largely responsible for the massive influx of the "high school of adventure" harem type shows.

Ichika isn't a coward/wimp, he's just dense. Like, "girl strips and pushes him on bed and he thinks she's just sleepy" level dense.
Old 2019-11-13, 05:59   Link #6778
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Man, we sure have a dark era of dense protagonists...
Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-13, 09:58   Link #6779
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hell_ping View Post
Man, we sure have a dark era of dense protagonists...
Meh, it ended a while ago. Most modern day harem protags are at least aware of the girls feelings, and more than a few are straight up womanizers.

Of course this leads to the opposite problem of the girls now being goal posts instead of characters, but the MC's tend to be more interesting now.
Old 2019-11-25, 04:02   Link #6780
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

A few interesting points from volume 10:

- Ichika was very into Jenga in middle school

- During the battle with Madoka's Kurokishi, Ichika was critically injured and Byakushiki activated its ability to turn into Shirokishi--very similar to Valkyrie Trace

- You can get surgeries to artificially increased your compatibility level to IS. When Shirokishi came out, Chifuyu had an "A" compatibility with it. Madoka at that same age only had a "D", which was among the things that made the "researchers" to consider her Chifuyu's inferior

- After Ichika woke up following the battle, Alicia Jonestof (official translation: Alicia Giosestaf) gave her cat Shiny to him alongside the line "I... resign my Italian commission to join Phantom Task.", which meant two things: Phantom Task had reached out to her beforehand, and that memberships were given on a nationality basic.

- Laura openly acknowledged that Tabane was the strongest human alive, while Chifuyu was the strongest IS alive. They fought as Tabane tried to take away Laura and Charlotte's Cores, Chifuyu with a katana, and Tabane with a magical wand that was also a gravity-manipulation weapon

- Honne and Ichika got roped into making a movie together (go go Ichika x Honne!)

- The mysterious American special operative in volume 8 was named Karen Calleria by Chifuyu.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, not dense mc, seinen, shounen