Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-01-14, 08:36   Link #21
Supah Em
WHO DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!
*Scanlator

I'll definitely sound like a noob here but:

Is it that hard/expensive for american companies to obtain copyrights for these kinds of game (Super Robot Taisen, etc.). I mean, there are so much crap games that they license but they seem to avoid this series like the plague.
Supah Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 08:46   Link #22
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supah Em View Post
I'll definitely sound like a noob here but:

Is it that hard/expensive for american companies to obtain copyrights for these kinds of game (Super Robot Taisen, etc.). I mean, there are so much crap games that they license but they seem to avoid this series like the plague.
In Japan, most of the anime series listed in the games falls under the license of one single company which is Bandai Visuals under Bandai. And Bandai have a gaming wing, Bandai Namco who happens to be the publisher of this series of game. This makes things very easy because everything falls within the same huge company.

But in America, the licensing of various titles featured in the games falls under different distributors like ADV, Funimation, 4Kids, etc. It will be hell to get green lights from all of them for the game and there's no gurantee that the game will reap profit after all the complication. Furthermore, Atlus did try with the GBA OGs. It flopped, ensuring the death of this series in America.
MakubeX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 09:13   Link #23
astranagun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
In Japan, most of the anime series listed in the games falls under the license of one single company which is Bandai Visuals under Bandai. And Bandai have a gaming wing, Bandai Namco who happens to be the publisher of this series of game. This makes things very easy because everything falls within the same huge company.

But in America, the licensing of various titles featured in the games falls under different distributors like ADV, Funimation, 4Kids, etc. It will be hell to get green lights from all of them for the game and there's no gurantee that the game will reap profit after all the complication. Furthermore, Atlus did try with the GBA OGs. It flopped, ensuring the death of this series in America.
I don't want to speak bad of Atlus but IMO it flopped because they decided to import them late and when the GBA was more or less dead.

Speaking about this game if there is space for other series they should add Right of Left.

Last edited by astranagun; 2009-01-14 at 13:14.
astranagun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 13:14   Link #24
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
I don't want to speak bad of Atlus but IMO it flopped because they decided to import them late and when the GBA was more or less dead.
It also received virtually next to zero advertisement and a official site made in less than 10 minutes.
Old 2009-01-14, 15:22   Link #25
Tornix
The Evil Twin

Send a message via ICQ to Tornix Send a message via AIM to Tornix Send a message via Yahoo to Tornix
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
GunXSword (Woohoo!)
I think I just shat bricks! GunXSword is by far one of my favorites and to be in SRW is quite a surprise for me. From the series list this one's sounding pretty awesome.
Old 2009-01-14, 16:22   Link #26
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Gun x Sword? ......Really?!

And seriously, F*** off Gundam Seed!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-14, 17:27   Link #27
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Gun x Sword? ......Really?!

I agree with you there, never liked Seed in Alpha 3 , J, or W. Some of the missions with them are downright annoying especially destroying nuclear missile missions. Though don't mind Destiny as I thought Destiny Gundam was great unit and their missions were not that bad. But Stargazer? I don't know about this, I just have a feeling that Stargazer will be like Gundam Alex
Old 2009-01-14, 18:07   Link #28
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
I agree with you there, never liked Seed in Alpha 3 , J, or W. Some of the missions with them are downright annoying especially destroying nuclear missile missions.
SEED seems to be taking the place where 0079 used to stand. And it looks to stay for quite a while. But it's good to know that Terada does not have a good opinion of the series.

Quote:
But Stargazer? I don't know about this, I just have a feeling that Stargazer will be like Gundam Alex
Sure it will deal measly damages. But If there's one thing that the Stargazer will not be lacking, it's the movement range and agility. Once it's Voiture Lumiere ablility activate, instant teleportation on map and +50 to mobility.
Old 2009-01-14, 18:09   Link #29
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

I liked the SEED units, but hate their stages. 3 damned Druggies? Huge mobs in 3 turns? While trying to trigger 5 events?

Why love the SEED units? Firstly they have insane stats for both pilots and mechs. Next their upgrades, especially Alpha 3:

Full upgrade Strike = Freedom, Justice, Strike Rouge, Buster, Duel, all fully upgraded, what? The most insane upgrade carryover in SRW history. Choose defend, End of Galaxy does zero damage to my usual platoon of Freedom/Justice/Strike/Rouge. 65k damage Combination Assault is win.

If I didn't remember wrongly, its the same for SRWJ and that's 6 separate units fully upgraded, not compressed into platoons. What? Coordinator ability + SEED + Phase Shift, friendship bonus, Meteor MAP, erm what else?

W and Z nerfed the upgrades and stats a little, but they're still cost effective and damn strong.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-16, 23:27   Link #30
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post
SEED seems to be taking the place where 0079 used to stand. And it looks to stay for quite a while. But it's good to know that Terada does not have a good opinion of the series.

Sure it will deal measly damages. But If there's one thing that the Stargazer will not be lacking, it's the movement range and agility. Once it's Voiture Lumiere ablility activate, instant teleportation on map and +50 to mobility.
I just hope that its only for portable ones as I see that after J(expect the remake of A) all of them does not have UC but has Seed. So I would guess portable one are going after newer generation while console one is going after older generation as it still has UC.
As for Stargazer, looking at that at best it will best as squad member, but it seems that this one doesn't have a squad system that means that I say its pretty useless. But its been while I watched Stargazer, so does anyone remember any decent weapons it had?
Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I liked the SEED units, but hate their stages. 3 damned Druggies? Huge mobs in 3 turns? While trying to trigger 5 events?

Why love the SEED units? Firstly they have insane stats for both pilots and mechs. Next their upgrades, especially Alpha 3:

Full upgrade Strike = Freedom, Justice, Strike Rouge, Buster, Duel, all fully upgraded, what? The most insane upgrade carryover in SRW history. Choose defend, End of Galaxy does zero damage to my usual platoon of Freedom/Justice/Strike/Rouge. 65k damage Combination Assault is win.

If I didn't remember wrongly, its the same for SRWJ and that's 6 separate units fully upgraded, not compressed into platoons. What? Coordinator ability + SEED + Phase Shift, friendship bonus, Meteor MAP, erm what else?

W and Z nerfed the upgrades and stats a little, but they're still cost effective and damn strong.
I agree that the Seed units were pretty good especially Freedom and upgrade through Strike saved lot of money. But the beginning of the game the Seed units are tough because of the things such as Phaseshift. It really pains me to see Rocket Punch doing such a tiny damage on bunch of Seed units.
Old 2009-01-17, 00:07   Link #31
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

For Phase Shift, it was really bad in SRWZ. Its counted as the new 'armour' ability instead of 'barrier' and ignore barriers don't apply.

Well, in Stargazer we have:

Stargazer
Strike Noir
Blu Duel
Verde Buster

Depending they play with the plot, we may get to use at least Stargazer and Strike Noir. Blu Duel and Verde Buster may be kept alive, or may die but can work as secret units and such.

Old 2009-01-17, 08:17   Link #32
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

I hated how the SEED units were broken as fuck as practically forced upon you in Alpha 3. Personally I thought they did a better job of toning them down in W with Kira joining extremely late and Meteor coming even later. Plus their stats taking a big hit overall it helped too since W focused more on the awesome of the Astray's.
Old 2009-01-17, 10:15   Link #33
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://blog.spalog.jp/?eid=698275

Terada is now aiming for a parallel story that takes place between 2 planets. A closer look at the title lineups will reveal who belong to which camp.
Old 2009-01-28, 08:32   Link #34
astranagun

Spoiler for Image(s) from PV:
Old 2009-01-28, 10:09   Link #35
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Damn, looking amazing.

Old 2009-01-28, 10:19   Link #36
astranagun

Spoiler for Stargazer:
Old 2009-01-28, 10:20   Link #37
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by astranagun View Post
Spoiler for Stargazer:
Spoiler:

Old 2009-01-28, 18:01   Link #38
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kal12fRsk4

First trailer is out.
Old 2009-02-04, 09:21   Link #39
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2...u-magazine-23/

Originals have been unveiled.
Old 2009-02-04, 09:27   Link #40
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Hmmm not too exciting designs for now. I'm only most delighted to see the lovely Kotona Elegance

The Revirias uses ancient technology.

I guess ancient tech is part of SRWK's plot.