AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-09-13, 09:25   Link #8381
gaiar33

gaiar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 09:50   Link #8382
legna

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
The M2 according to Wiki is 11.6 tonnes.
If you look here you'll find six different weights listed for it, all with creditable sources. The theory that said it COULD be a M2A4 was because the lightest such weight is 10460 Kg; removing the MGs and its ammo as it was often done could conceivably "shave" it to legal weight.

But then it was seen that it was not the case. The TL;DR of it: the tank, as drawn, has details exclussive of BOTH M3 and M2A4 tanks - both of which were too heavy to begin with (mainly the M3, but also all the weights of the M2A4). So it was chalked to "artist mistake" or "artist didn't do the research".
legna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 10:26   Link #8383
arkhangelsk

Well, the manga author had never been as careful with the graphics as the anime. I think I'd assume it is "intended" to be a 37mm gun M2 and be done with it. For the mass, generally in such situations, you'd assume one is closer to the empty weight and the others are closer to the full combat weight. So I think the M2 is liable to bust the limit anyway.

Last edited by arkhangelsk; 2014-09-13 at 10:37.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 15:03   Link #8384
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar33 View Post

*recognizes the words from the GuP wiki because he wrote them*

Except for the "Born in Poland" part. Like any other character in GuP, it's best to assume they're all Japanese unless stated otherwise.

Reminds me that the reason I haven't made Matsukaze's page is because her first name isn't set in stone yet...

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-13, 20:16   Link #8385
gaiar33

rin .I'm think her half-japan.

gup has many exchange student and staff or people from many country for exchange their culture.
gaiar33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 00:26   Link #8386
Joachim1167

I wonder if Tankathlon would allow armored cars? I kinda would like to see St. Gloriana first years running around in Daimler Mk.IIs or the Kuromorimine girls in SdKfz 234/2 Pumas.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-14, 00:26   Link #8387
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar33 View Post
rin .I'm think her half-japan.

gup has many exchange student and staff or people from many country for exchange their culture.
None of the characters so far introduced have been explicitly mentioned as being from another country through, even if we do know that exchange students are there (as in the case of Saunders). The only one who's acknowledged to have foreign ancestry in any media of GuP is Emi Nakasuka, who's half-German iirc.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2014-09-15, 02:55   Link #8388
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
I wonder if Tankathlon would allow armored cars? I kinda would like to see St. Gloriana first years running around in Daimler Mk.IIs or the Kuromorimine girls in SdKfz 234/2 Pumas.
If you can't defend yourself then you would just get your tires shot. The point with using tanks is you could give damage and survive damage in turn. Being in an armoured car just means everyone can blast you with impunity and all you can do is run away.
Old 2014-09-15, 03:20   Link #8389
arkhangelsk

Well, there's the tire weakness, but otherwise an armored car is not defenseless. The Daimler has 40mm (2-pounder) and Puma has 50mm gun. You tell me whether you want to be in that or a CV33.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 03:36   Link #8390
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Well, there's the tire weakness, but otherwise an armored car is not defenseless. The Daimler has 40mm (2-pounder) and Puma has 50mm gun. You tell me whether you want to be in that or a CV33.
There is also a question of terrain. Assuming you are stuck with WW2 tech tires, I doubt they are sufficiently durable for the kind of obstacle course intended for tanks.
Old 2014-09-15, 04:42   Link #8391
legna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
There is also a question of terrain. Assuming you are stuck with WW2 tech tires, I doubt they are sufficiently durable for the kind of obstacle course intended for tanks.
You'd be surprised. Not all armored cars were trucks hastily retrofitted with armor and guns. The most sucessful ones, like the aforementioned Daimler and Puma (or the AEC MkIII, with its 75mm gun), were purpose-built for difficult terrain crossing and had actually quite the amazing off-road capability.
Old 2014-09-15, 06:51   Link #8392
Marina2

The final boss of Ribbon Warrior is Oarai's Duck team (who is sent by Miho to join for 'fun' ) but they won't be in Type89.

Mark my world!
Old 2014-09-15, 07:17   Link #8393
legna

Pontoonless Type 2 Ka-Mi
Old 2014-09-15, 10:33   Link #8394
Joachim1167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I'm not sure about the Daimler Mk.II, but other British designs, such as the Dingo scout car, were equiped with almost solid, run-flat tires. Eight-wheeled designs like the Puma could lose 3 or more tires and still keep going since all wheels were powered. Heck, in an emergency (and if lucky enough to be on relatively level and dry ground) you could probably keep going on the rims alone.

I was just wondering about the eligibility of armored cars. With budgetary constraints and a 10-ton or less weight limit, they suddenly become a really attractive option.

And speaking of Dingos...

Anzu's battle taxi

Vintage Tamiya kit in 1/35 scale.
Joachim1167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 13:43   Link #8395
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Images
Mmmmmmmm
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Old 2014-09-15, 14:04   Link #8396
legna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim1167 View Post
I'm not sure about the Daimler Mk.II, but other British designs, such as the Dingo scout car, were equiped with almost solid, run-flat tires
Which means the Daimler (basically a turreted Dingo) also had
Old 2014-09-15, 14:05   Link #8397
RX-78GP04G Gerbera
Whoosh!

Send a message via AIM to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via MSN to RX-78GP04G Gerbera Send a message via Yahoo to RX-78GP04G Gerbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Mmmmmmmm
*drooooooooooooool*
RX-78GP04G Gerbera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 18:09   Link #8398
cupumanager

Yes, compared to Tankettes, The Sdkfz 234 Puma is a beast - Faster top speed and better armor plating than most early war Light Tanks. Its damn long though.

The Puma is also unique by having 6 forward AND reverse gear - The Radio Operator is, and sit on the backwards-facing driver seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Images
Mmmmmmmm
*Heavy Breathing*
I mean, look on her gaze, I can have all day being stared by her...

I'll gladly be her footrest...
cupumanager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-15, 21:07   Link #8399
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

She's just telling you to turn right. Very suggestively.

I don't think I could do that. I have warm feet so I image they would sweat a lot.
Old 2014-09-16, 05:15   Link #8400
legna

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupumanager View Post
The Puma is also unique by having 6 forward AND reverse gear - The Radio Operator is, and sit on the backwards-facing driver seat.
Actually this feature was common to a lot of WWII armored cars; it was not exactly "unique" of the Puma.

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks