AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-27, 13:40   Link #21
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Is it just me or does Momo's bust size vary from time to time...?

Also UN is awesome
Old 2008-08-08, 15:34   Link #22
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Is it just me or does Momo's bust size vary from time to time...?
I don't really see it varying... (Though the art from time to time seems to differ... I once doubted whether it really was Momo or a look-a-like in one of the color illustrations...)

---

Spoiler for vol.3 thoughts:

Come to think of it, I still haven't read Shigofumi yet... I wish Amazon would restock...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-08-10, 03:36   Link #23
Matt122005

I read the first story in Vol. 2, it was AWESOME! Such a SHOCKER at the end, made me smile so big. Such a great story.

Besides this, I then saw the anime version of it.............IT ...... WAS....HORRIBLE.

They ruined the story, I mean, seriously, they ruined it entirely.

Such a beautiful story, for the anime to change it so drastically, was gut wrenching.

-Matt
Old 2008-08-13, 11:46   Link #24
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
LOLIS IS WIN! So I finally got around to volume 11, quite a beautiful plot. Well I do enjoy these kind of genre I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post
Besides this, I then saw the anime version of it.............IT ...... WAS....HORRIBLE.
Think I did try watching the anime adapt of this, no idea. It was a long time ago so I don't quite remember, but I really never got pass episode one before I dropped it. Still I don't even know why, since I don't usually drop series with lolis. Maybe I just don't have time, but you know, the novel is very good.

Last edited by Izayoi; 2008-08-13 at 11:56.
Old 2008-08-13, 14:31   Link #25
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Scary... I hope real twins don't think the way anime twins sometimes tend to think... Scary, scary~

I've always wondered why the novel tends to create characters who names are in Katakana...... How nice they later reveal the kanji names of those characters, ne~?

Spoiler for vol.4 thoughts:

Yo~sii~ Next volume finally has that story I've always been interested in after seeing the illustration... I think. (´・ω・`)

---

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt122005 View Post

They ruined the story, I mean, seriously, they ruined it entirely.

Such a beautiful story, for the anime to change it so drastically, was gut wrenching.
Entirely? If I remember correctly, the anime adaption was quite close to the original story (besides the title and the end). Most things cut were the narration (which is normal when novel-->anime).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Think I did try watching the anime adapt of this, no idea. It was a long time ago so I don't quite remember, but I really never got pass episode one before I dropped it.
The 4 novel stories that are animated are pretty decent. A few cuts here and there (for time reasons, I believe), but fairly faithful... Coincidently, I prefer those 4 to the 2 anime-original. Plus there is the great OP (engrish...) and decent ED to hear.

Quote:
LOLIS IS WIN!
Ahh! <--sound of agreement
Lolis are win! Most of them

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-08-13, 14:32   Link #26
Kagami~n
I want to @#$% with--

Send a message via AIM to Kagami~n
Do you guys know if any stores are carrying this series anymore? I was buying light novels at Kinokuniya bookstore in NYC, but they were recently all replaced with yaoi novels. I was really liking Ballad of a Shinigami, but I can't seem to find it in stores anymore. Maybe I just have to order it online.
Old 2008-09-22, 17:15   Link #27
FireChick

Volume 2 was good! Especially chapter 3 with the little girl! My friend Lee said that the little girl kinda looked like Osaka from Azumanga Daioh.
Old 2008-11-26, 19:56   Link #28
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Yaa~, long time no see, ShiniBara~

What happened last time...?
*checks old posts*

Hmm... Ok, OK...

Spoiler for volume 5 thoughts:

Old 2008-12-01, 00:37   Link #29
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ah~ah, the melancholy... *goes to find a rope*

Spoiler for volume 6 thoughts:

Old 2009-02-15, 13:45   Link #30
Matt122005

I so want to read book 3. *sniff sniff*

-Matt
Old 2009-04-15, 15:37   Link #31
Amak

Unfortunately, Seven Seas has dropped the series. They weren't making much (if any) money off of some, or all, of the light novels. I believe they're keeping the license, but they won't be printing any new volumes or reprinting the old ones. There is little official news on this, but just look around their forums.
Old 2009-05-15, 02:50   Link #32
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Don't know how I missed the releases, but volume 12 is out already. The 2nd volume of Unknown Stars is released this month.

Just from reading the ratings/reviews by readers... I don't wanna read this volume. (;_; )...
Then again, I'm not even close to volume 12... Hahaha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amak View Post
Unfortunately, Seven Seas has dropped the series
Ah-ah..........

Old 2009-05-15, 12:49   Link #33
yongshun

Man I really liked the novelettes I really wish that Seven Seas will continue the series someday.

Head or Gut?
Old 2009-06-12, 01:20   Link #34
Matt122005

I wish someone would buy the rights or a fan translation would start to finish them.

-Matt
Old 2009-06-12, 03:11   Link #35
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

what is this novel about? It seems interesting from the comment in this thread.
Old 2009-06-12, 17:10   Link #36
Matt122005

Its essentially a Kino no Tabi inspired series. It follows Momo, a shinigami, and her traveling companion Daniel, a talking flying demon cat, who visit different people and get involved in their lives. Each chapter is a short story and has a beginning and ending.

I've only read books 1-2 so far, and I highly suggest you get both. ^_^

-Matt
Old 2009-06-16, 05:27   Link #37
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, how's the japanese difficulty in this series? Or is there english version out already?
Old 2009-06-16, 08:37   Link #38
Doraneko
The Owl of Minerva

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmm, how's the japanese difficulty in this series? Or is there english version out already?
This is the first Japanese novel I read, when I had only been learning the language for a little more than a year. I would say it is a good starter's choice if you have elementary Japanese background and haven't read any light novels before.

In particular, the writing emphasizes more on atmosphere and feeling instead of detailed descriptions. As a result the density of text per page is relatively low and even beginners would find it a comfortable reading experience.

Hope it helps.
Old 2009-06-16, 22:02   Link #39
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Well, this is not the first novel I read, I have no trouble reading easier one like Baka to tesuto, and just have little difficulty reading To aru Majutsu no Index. But I hurt my head trying to memorize all those vocab on Spice and Wolf and Gossick @_@.

Oh well, might just give this a try since from serenade_beta's spoiler, it seems each volume is comprised of several short stories. Thx Doraneko ^^.
Old 2010-07-20, 01:43   Link #40
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Necromancy~

New volume recently came out...
Spoiler for pic of title:

Unfortunately, it isn't a real "new" volume, but actually a collection of short stories the author has written before (such as DVD bonus novels, etc.)

Need to finish reading up to 12 before Summer ends...

Spoiler for volume 7 thoughts:

Spoiler for volume 8 thoughts:

Spoiler for volume 9 thoughts:

Spoiler for volume 10 thoughts:

Spoiler for volume 11 thoughts:

Spoiler for volume 12 thoughts:

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2010-08-17 at 00:46.
Closed Thread

Tags
light novels, shounen