AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-03-16, 18:59   Link #81
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well yeah they are afraid he is building an army. Actually he is building a harem.

Look at those associated with him that is targeted.

Index - a living magic library, Mikoto - 3rd strongest level 5 in Academy City, Hyouka - a weird amalgamation of AIM energy.

You can bet Aisa/Deep Blood and Misaka Imouto 10,032 are also on the list.

Mages associated with Touma Kaori, Stiyl and Motoharu are more inclined to trust him than Nescessarius' establishment.

To Aleister Crowley who runs Academy City he is pawn to use for those pesky mage intruders.

Thing is Touma is heroic and for those with evil intent he is dangerous with his ability and capacity to make allies out of enemies.
man....I completely agree with u!
Old 2009-03-17, 07:41   Link #82
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Well yeah they are afraid he is building an army. Actually he is building a harem.

Look at those associated with him that is targeted.

Index - a living magic library, Mikoto - 3rd strongest level 5 in Academy City, Hyouka - a weird amalgamation of AIM energy.

You can bet Aisa/Deep Blood and Misaka Imouto 10,032 are also on the list.

Mages associated with Touma Kaori, Stiyl and Motoharu are more inclined to trust him than Nescessarius' establishment.

To Aleister Crowley who runs Academy City he is pawn to use for those pesky mage intruders.

Thing is Touma is heroic and for those with evil intent he is dangerous with his ability and capacity to make allies out of enemies.
I'm pretty sure all 9968 Misaka Imoutos are on that list. I'm not sure about last order but I'm fairly sure she would be willing to help out too. The man already has an army of combat trained shock troopers(pun intendend) that have a crush on him by volume 3. He's 1 island base and a realy bad day away from takeing over the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kache View Post
Yes, I know that now Accelerator is not an allmighty esper anymore, but thanks to the misaka network he should be able to retrieve most of the calculating ability he lost.
And, also, if I remember well, Accelerator would only give Touma the possibility to use his ability, but all the calculations, and thus the power of the ability would be given by the misaka network and by touma's brain.
The misaka network doesn't seem to work the same as the level upper network did and even if it did Touma wouldn't get the powers Last Order would as only the network hub had acess to all the powers on the network and everyone else would be in a coma.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Old 2009-04-19, 15:22   Link #83
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
If i'm not mistaken touma's ability isn't based on his mental capacity it's just a unknown power that supercedes magic and esp. Nor does he have the ability to borrow other peoples powers unless that's something new in the recent volumes.
Both Misaka and Accelerator were able to use their powers as children to certain extent. Not all people have sleeping abilities.
The experiments the Academy City does on them exist to improve their abilities, which often ends in level up. Those experiment usually improve their mental capacity (for example, Accelerator's brain is powerful enough to remember all those lines of code (Last Order's code) the moment he sees them).

Since Touma is born with an ability, he is an esper, not a magician. Magicians are people who are not born with abilities. Esper powers are not not created by science, they are improved by it.

So, if the ability scanner had detected his ability, he might have gone through more experiments and could have been higher then level 0 and his powers might have been greater then just negation with his right hand.
Old 2009-04-19, 21:05   Link #84
dahak
Utu Class Planetoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nayrael View Post
Since Touma is born with an ability, he is an esper, not a magician. Magicians are people who are not born with abilities. Esper powers are not not created by science, they are improved by it.
Not automatically. Kanzaki was born with supernatural abilities and is considered a magician and not an esper.

And Tuschimikado was a magician before he became an esper by going through the Curriculum process.

The categories of esoteric capability seem to be.
1. Some people are born with an Esper ability. Like Accelerator appears to have done.
2. Some people are born Saints. Like Kanzaki.
3. Some people can become Magicians. Like Style and Tuschimikado.
4. Some people can develop an Esper ability. Like Tuschimikado or Ruriko Saten.
5. Some people are angels or angel like beings. Gabriel and Hyouka.

Just because Touma was born with his ability doesn't mean he's automatically an esper. He could be a Saint . He could be something else the way Aisa appears to be.
Old 2009-04-20, 02:20   Link #85
eiyuu99

"Saint" Touma and his harem.
Hmmm....
Old 2009-04-20, 03:10   Link #86
BlueDo

I'm not so sure about Touma being born with an ability.
His father said that he sent Touma there so the population might be overlooking his misfortune.
And Touma was measured as having no ability on the machine. (That was only in Railgun, though)
Old 2009-05-04, 00:05   Link #87
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

LOL, every word out of Touma's mouth during a battle is some self-righteous monologue, i.e. Words Made of Crap. I can't stand it when he starts up with all the altruistic optimism, I just cringe!

But, I still watched the whole series and thought it was entertaining enough. :O

Not my ideal hero, but a good friend he can make. XD
Old 2009-09-25, 15:50   Link #88
Dark Paladin X

Hmmmm....if there is an English dub for this anime, I already know who would voice Touma in the English dub.

Anyways, I see Touma as a typical comical hero. I mean, his anti-magic power negates his luck and I could understand why he is very moody (in a hilarious way).
Old 2009-09-26, 03:38   Link #89
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I prefer Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal to do Touma's dub voice.
Old 2009-09-27, 11:41   Link #90
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I prefer Johnny Yong Bosch or Yuri Lowenthal to do Touma's dub voice.
Lol I had Yuri Lowenthal as Pierce Aogami in my mind for the English dub, but I can see where you are when it comes to Touma's dub voice.

I always liked how his anti-magic right hand sometimes backfire him by giving him bad luck. Apparently, this kinda shape his pessimistic personality.

Spoiler for The first episode:

Last edited by Dark Paladin X; 2009-09-27 at 11:53.
Old 2009-10-18, 14:40   Link #91
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
LOL, every word out of Touma's mouth during a battle is some self-righteous monologue, i.e. Words Made of Crap. I can't stand it when he starts up with all the altruistic optimism, I just cringe!

But, I still watched the whole series and thought it was entertaining enough. :O

Not my ideal hero, but a good friend he can make. XD
Ah, you need idealists in this world. Cynics drown in their own despair, and eventually end up wanting to drag everyone else down to their own level. Anyone can give up hope: keeping it, protecting ideals, that's something for the young, brave, and foolish.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I consider that if he(Touma) didn't notice his evergrowing harem is back luck.
Aye aye. It can't be good luck if he never benefits from it, right?

Touma: 40 Year Old Virgin.

Unless, of course, it was a relationship that went bad...
Old 2009-10-18, 20:20   Link #92
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
Aye aye. It can't be good luck if he never benefits from it, right?

Touma: 40 Year Old Virgin.

Unless, of course, it was a relationship that went bad...

Well, he is a boy and a bit perverted, he was watching Misaka imouto pantis when he was lying in the floor.
Old 2009-10-19, 00:47   Link #93
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:

Well, he is a boy and a bit perverted, he was watching Misaka imouto pantis when he was lying in the floor.
I dare bet that Misaka Imouto will flash it for him to see when he wishes for it.

... Oops, I think I said too much.

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Old 2009-10-19, 01:58   Link #94
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Argh! Who killed the power supply with that massive EMP shockwave?!
Old 2009-10-19, 05:10   Link #95
Dean_the_Young
Has a life IRL

Quote:

That's actually another thing I like about him: he is a hormonal teenager, and perverted. Not a pure-shining hero who only 'accidentally' has flashes happen all the while.
Old 2009-10-19, 08:26   Link #96
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikaMiaka View Post
I hope you atleast saw it coming. It is shonen after all. And some of the things he says does make sense. Some of them...
Old 2009-10-23, 10:31   Link #97
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Normally, I would be quick to be put of by those goody-two-shoes character, but somehow Touma has been trending the fine line for me -I'm not exactly sure what is it that's different about him- but he soon became one of my personal favorite male hero, in fact I don't find him all that preachy, despite what others say.
Old 2009-10-23, 11:06   Link #98
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
^ You know that the massive, landslide majority of all anime have goody-two-shoes for lead characters, right?

I don't find Touma preachy at all, at the very least no more than any other lead action-anime character. I really don't see where that comes from. Kenshin Himura, Setsuna F. Seiei and a host of other Gundam leads, and many other leads are always talking about humanity, doing the right thing, etc., et all. In that area, Touma is no different from many leads before him.
Old 2009-11-16, 16:31   Link #99
Miraluka
Banned

lol Can you see Touma as a Gundam Meister???

Touma: Ore wa gundam da!

I want to know why his right hand, his last name and possibly himself have more than one meaning.
Judging by the novel thread looks like his power is going to be developed in the biggest mess of the next volume. But what kind of upgrade can he get?
Old 2009-11-17, 02:14   Link #100
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Touma isn't even half as narcissistic as Soran Ibrahim to even qualify to call himself Gundam.