AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-09-14, 19:31   Link #1
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Valkyria Chronicles 3 (PSP)

aaaaaaaaaaahhhh VC3 is aparently listed under PSP in September Famitsu /despair
SoggySoyBean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 20:49   Link #2
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoggySoyBean View Post
aaaaaaaaaaahhhh VC3 is aparently listed under PSP in September Famitsu /despair
Considering how I bet they know about as much as we do (which isn't much), they might be assuming.

VC3 might also be multiplatform, for all we know.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-14, 21:29   Link #3
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Yea, maybe they're assuming and not tipped off... the 16th is going to be eventful

EDIT: Oh wait, they posted pictures... PSP it is...not my day today...

Spoiler for big fuzzy pictures:

well, the character design is a welcome change from the academy stuff of VC2...im sure alot of ppl will be pleased

i think its time to change to modding something more shooty.... the gunner looks like rawr :3 I raelly like the gun design too xD not only does it look prettier than GoW stuff it also looks angrier >: D

*sigh* i miss their cutscenes and graphics T__T

...dang this has gotten me all excited now...haha why, why did you have to be on the PSP... >_< thats it, time to learn the unreal engine/mod gears

EDIT:
Spoiler for better res for #3:

Quote:
- Set in the same period as Valkyria 1.
- Key characters all new.
- Focuses around a group called the Nameless which are... ergh. Closest English word seems to be a penal battalion, the Japanese definition according to Wikipedia is "Special group in the army composed of deserters and other military offenders. In the broader sense it doesn't have to be military offenders, and can be composed of general criminals as well. These units are often given dangerous or unpleasant missions such as the burying of corpses or the removal of land mines."
sounds their a buncha penal legionaires/volkgrenadiers...so, who wants to play steiner?

Quote:
Number 01 - Imuka. One of the heroines (the one on the right). Darcsen. Something about her village being destroyed by the Valkyria.
VA: Asano Masumi

Number 07 - Kurt Irving. Used to be a genius military officer, but through certain circumstances became part of the Nameless. The guy in the middle.
VA: Nakamura Yuuichi

Numvber 13 - Riera Malseris. Valkyria, but she isn't aware of it, and after being the only survivor (of numerous battles I guess), she became known as a Reaper and ended up in the Nameless. The obvious girl on the left.
VA: Endou Aya
well looks like we're not going to have a tanker as lead again- otherwise he'd be Kurt Meyer or smnthn xD

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-09-14 at 22:16.
Old 2010-09-14, 22:17   Link #4
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Okay, now this just got interesting.
Old 2010-09-14, 23:52   Link #5
Snowman24

Holy crap... a badass Darcsen... my prayers have been answered!!
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 00:14   Link #6
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

hmm i just realized, bottom left of pic 3 (with imuka), is that some kind of multi-target-macross-missile-massacre thingie? so...she has a giant machine gunblade and magic missiles?
Old 2010-09-15, 01:27   Link #7
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

This maybe is too early to speculate but...... I smell a love triangle with the main cast!
Old 2010-09-15, 01:34   Link #8
DC20

Another Valkyria? Really? Ugh. Next thing you know there's going to be one in every unit in Europa. I was really hoping they were going to shift away from that whole Valkyria thing.

I don't really mind that it's on PSP, though I'd rather have it on PS3. I am bummed about the art style though - not my taste. We'll see what comes out over the next few days. Should be interesting.

EDIT: I like the idea of the whole "unit of criminals" thing, but though I'm really hoping that the characters are actually guilty of what they're put in the unit for I unfortunately have a strong feeling that most if not all of the cast is going to end up either completely innocent or thrown into the unit under questionable circumstances with the later reveal that they are either, again, completely innocent or, if not completely innocent of the crime, at least not at fault or blameless in the ordeal.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 08:03   Link #9
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

well, they aren't precisely criminals- its not really like they went to jails for extra manpower. Its a unit comprised of deserters and military offenders - so ppl who were in the military but failed to follow orders. But regular criminals can be included so...eh i also thought the idea of penal legionaires being a bit of a stretch, but platoons of deserters and military offenders existed in history so i'm fine with that xD

oh yea, disobeying orders is fairly easy to do if they were under command of Damon xD
Old 2010-09-15, 09:12   Link #10
DC20

See, that's exactly what I'm talking about though. If I'm playing a platoon of military offenders I actually want to play legitimate military offenders - people guilty of the offenses they're put in the unit for. I want a deserter who said, "**** that, I'm not dying for this," and ran because he was afraid. I don't want to play people who were totally in the cool other than, "Oh, well I looked at Damon the wrong way," or, "I made the right choice, but Damon needed a scapegoat." If we get any actual offenders I have a strong feeling they will be in the support cast if present at all.
Old 2010-09-15, 11:18   Link #11
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about though. If I'm playing a platoon of military offenders I actually want to play legitimate military offenders - people guilty of the offenses they're put in the unit for. I want a deserter who said, "**** that, I'm not dying for this," and ran because he was afraid. I don't want to play people who were totally in the cool other than, "Oh, well I looked at Damon the wrong way," or, "I made the right choice, but Damon needed a scapegoat." If we get any actual offenders I have a strong feeling they will be in the support cast if present at all.
I WANT GALLIAN FLAKTROOPERS.

That is all.

Seriously. I want moaning, complaining, and if the group is made up entirely of jerks who were given the choice of a death sentence or "community service", that'd be perfect.

I doubt it though. This is VC, which is very idealistic in presentation, after all.
Old 2010-09-15, 12:11   Link #12
DC20

I don't know what Flaktroopers are, but Red knows exactly what's up. This needs to be Valkyria Chronicles: The Dirty Dozen. And screw communications officers and Homer's sister (literally and figuratively, in her case), I want Goddamn Lee Marvin telling my troops what to do and who to kill.
Old 2010-09-15, 12:30   Link #13
SoggySoyBean
Squishie

Well it's VC, so they have a ton of characters to work with. I'm hoping for a darker version too, it would contrast everything so nicely.

Article with more details: Possible Spoilers
for some reason its priced at ¥6,279 and ¥5,660 off PSN o.o isn't that more than the original???

hehehe, they have alot of oppurtunity for bad ends shame they probably won't act on them...

Last edited by SoggySoyBean; 2010-09-15 at 12:54.
Old 2010-09-15, 13:31   Link #14
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
I don't know what Flaktroopers are, but Red knows exactly what's up. This needs to be Valkyria Chronicles: The Dirty Dozen. And screw communications officers and Homer's sister (literally and figuratively, in her case), I want Goddamn Lee Marvin telling my troops what to do and who to kill.
RA3's Flaktroopers are Penal Military Units - and the total opposite of anything you'd see in VC1 or 2. Minestomping canon fodder armed with a giant-ass gun.

But yeah, I'm hoping to see a dark take on VC.
Old 2010-09-15, 16:08   Link #15
jwai

Wouldn't this be like Bad Company, but without the irreverence?
jwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:07   Link #16
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwai View Post
Wouldn't this be like Bad Company, but without the irreverence?
Well where's the fun in that? The cast part of what makes it so great!

Actually, this is Valkyria Chronicles, so I'll believe that what Sega has in offer for us is going to be big. And very good. But damn, Sega really wants me to buy a PSP, huh?
Old 2010-09-15, 17:10   Link #17
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Just going by those designs alone, i'm already looking forward to this more then the second game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
This maybe is too early to speculate but...... I smell a love triangle with the main cast!
Well there's already a Macross theme going on, so why not add in a love triangle and increase that theme?
Old 2010-09-15, 17:13   Link #18
Foreshadow
Nyaa~

I do hope there is a love triangle. I bought a PSP for these games after all.

Love seems to be a staple for the VK games. I hope it stays that way.
Foreshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-15, 17:14   Link #19
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author

Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Gah, as soon as I saw the picture, and who the supposed main cast is, that is exactly what I thought too. Not that that's a bad thing, though... well, I guess it just seems a bit predictable.
Old 2010-09-15, 17:21   Link #20
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Sounds interesting so far...

Quote:
See, that's exactly what I'm talking about though. If I'm playing a platoon of military offenders I actually want to play legitimate military offenders...
Just to make things interesting, this lot might contain representatives of both strains, with resulting tension between the two, and so on and so forth. Now, you do realize the potential for a VC take on 'The A-Team' (no, not a crossover) which could spawn from this, no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
I WANT GALLIAN FLAKTROOPERS.

That is all.

Seriously. I want moaning, complaining, and if the group is made up entirely of jerks who were given the choice of a death sentence or "community service", that'd be perfect.
Extra bonus points if they're also saddled with a commissar-analogue in the WW2 Red Army/WH40K Imperial Guard mold... for an interesting take on the concept, look up an example of the latter named Ciaphas Cain.

Quote:
Kudos to you for bringing up that classic. I for one would be interested to find out if the dev team has actually seen that movie (or others like it).
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote