AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-01-01, 20:41   Link #1
Seiryuu

Are there any anime with legitimate rape?

Note: I'm not talking about the "legitimate rape" nonsense a very stupid politician recently mentioned. I just mean something where it's clearly confirmed through statement or something that the girl was the victim of a full rape, not attempted rape or molestation, though these can easily be just as traumatizing.
I've noticed a tendency for dramatic shows the last few years to sometimes have a girl with serious problems related to assault or abuse. However, none that I can think of actually made it clear that the girl was raped and several made it clear she wasn't. In two, a girl becomes androphobic due to what's clearly stated to be a failed attempt. In a third, the main girl is molested to meet certain conditions, but after reviewing the series I don't know that the villain ever had any time alone with the girl after an incident where he was about to 'confirm' her virginity. A fourth has the heroine suffering from hephephobia (fear of touch) due to her half-brother's abuse, but it's not clear whether he actually raped her.

Since I'd seen these shows and noticed that none really said that a girl was raped, and some clearly said she wasn't, I was wondering whether there were any where a major female character's background includes an incident where the girl was clearly raped. I'll accept cases where the girl supposedly consented but it's later shown that the guy had deliberately deceived or manipulated her to get that consent; in my personal opinion it's no less rape if the guy deliberately lies to make her say yes. No hentai please, and please limit this to anime as I already know several manga that fit the bill.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:27   Link #2
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Elfin Lied
Mirai Nikki
Fullmetal Alchemist
(not Brotherhood)

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 21:39   Link #3
WolfricHilde

Location: Seoul, South Korea / Nagoya, Japan / New Jersey, USA
Berserk... Only the end of the anime, but the effect is clear in the manga.
Old 2013-01-01, 22:31   Link #4
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
in my personal opinion it's no less rape if the guy deliberately lies to make her say yes.
By that rationale, most guys I know have "raped" girlfriends of theirs before.

Anyway, besides the ones already mentioned, there's Kara no Kyoukai. Movie 3, specifically.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:13   Link #5
jedinat

Condor Hero - the rape absolutely ruins the anime, it's done in such a pathetic way...
Spoiler:
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:49   Link #6
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Condor Hero - the rape absolutely ruins the anime, it's done in such a pathetic way...

You realized that was based off an actual Classic Chinese Novel and that scene was in the original story? The Anime was being faithful to the story.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 00:54   Link #7
jedinat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You realized that was based off an actual Classic Chinese Novel and that scene was in the original story? The Anime was being faithful to the story.
Yes, I realize that. What a crappy novel it must be. Being faithful to the original is not inherently laudable.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:03   Link #8
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Yes, I realize that. What a crappy novel it must be. Being faithful to the original is not inherently laudable.
Why? Because it has rape? Kinda narrow minded don't you think?

The Condor Heroes was a best seller that sold millions of copies world wide with 6 movies and 8 television series have been produced over a course of the last five decades (And that's in China alone) and it remains a timeless classic of Chinese martial arts literature.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:09   Link #9
jedinat

Quote:
Why? Because it has rape? Kinda narrow minded don't you think?

The Condor Heroes was a best seller that sold millions of copies world wide with 6 movies and 8 television series have been produced over a course of the last five decades (And that's in China alone) and it remains a timeless classic of Chinese martial arts literature.
Because it has pathetic melodramatic rape. And yeah, a classic novel that no one ever bothered to publish in English...
Old 2013-01-02, 01:17   Link #10
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Because it has pathetic melodramatic rape. And yeah, a classic novel that no one ever bothered to publish in English...
Oh? So only books that are translated in English can be called classic? Now I no longer need to wonder if you are indeed narrow minded.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:20   Link #11
jedinat

Quote:
Oh? So only books that are translated in English can be called classic? Now I no longer need to wonder if you are indeed narrow minded.
I did not say that. I merely was counterbalancing the grandeur you were piling upon the work. Not that it makes much odds, there's plenty of classic and critically acclaimed works I despise.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:23   Link #12
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Of all suggestions .. Why rape?
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 01:34   Link #13
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I did not say that. I merely was counterbalancing the grandeur you were piling upon the work.
And so you used the language card? I find it hard to take your statement as an indication of anything else after that.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:46   Link #14
jedinat

Quote:
And so you used the language card? I find it hard to take your statement as an indication of anything else after that.
Aren't you getting tired of retorting? lol. Yes, English is a pretty prominent language--second most spoken next to Chinese? It's, in fact, the language I speak. Kind of relevant, especially when we're apparently talking about an international best-seller.
Old 2013-01-02, 01:53   Link #15
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Aren't you getting tired of retorting? lol. Yes, English is a pretty prominent language--second most spoken next to Chinese? It's, in fact, the language I speak. Kind of relevant, especially when we're apparently talking about an international best-seller.
Well that's because you're making it too easy with these narrow minded assumptions, but I'll stop now because it's getting way too off-topic.
Old 2013-01-02, 02:06   Link #16
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

To automatically think that anyone who doesn't like rape in their fiction is automatically narrow-minded. How narrow-minded is this way of thinking in itself, if you reckon?

Everyone is narrow-minded in some ways. I'd say it's not something someone should be attacking them over for, though sadly it happens too much throughout history.

Anyways, for the suggestion...indeed the manga seems to have more good examples of this (Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne Fullmoon wo Sagashite was the first thing that pop up when I read this, and a good manhwa titled Fairy's Landing). Anime often reduce their rape tone if the original had it (like in Saikano for example, though that one was reverse rape). For anime, the only thing that pop out in my head right now is Kara no Kyoukai which was already mentioned, so I guess I second that.

EDIT: I confused Jeanne and Fullmoon, sorry. and now I can't remember if what the OP wanted actually happened in there or was just another attempt anyways, so that doesn't count.

Last edited by erneiz_hyde; 2013-01-02 at 02:31.
erneiz_hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-02, 02:07   Link #17
WolfricHilde

Location: Seoul, South Korea / Nagoya, Japan / New Jersey, USA
Being that China has the biggest population in the world... you really only need to be a best seller in China to be the biggest seller in the world.
(・ェ-)
Old 2013-01-02, 02:18   Link #18
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
To automatically think that anyone who doesn't like rape in their fiction is automatically narrow-minded. How narrow-minded is this way of thinking in itself, if you reckon?
If you read the following posts after that, it had nothing to do with him not liking rape. But rather his choice of counter when I pointed out the novel was a well known Chinese literature was that it was never translated in English.
Old 2013-01-02, 15:20   Link #19
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Anyway, besides the ones already mentioned, there's Kara no Kyoukai. Movie 3, specifically.
Ah yes.... poor Asagami Fujino... one of the best examples of the tragic moe out there, but at least she gets her revenge.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 14:05   Link #20
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Only men rape....right? ...right?

Most yea... i hate this zubject because causes me to resent my own gender.