AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-20, 21:22   Link #261
Frontier

I hope it gets gets better when the show actually starts airing .

They'll probably be plenty of anime-only viewers, myself included, browsing the thread after all.
Frontier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:12   Link #262
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
This thread has way too many spoilers. Someone should put up a warning on the top post.
The sooner we get a WA2-exclusive subforum, the better. We're almost guaranteed to get 2 seasons, if not 3. If the Amagami anime could get an exclusive subforum, WA2 certainly deserves one.
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 04:36   Link #263
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
The sooner we get a WA2-exclusive subforum, the better. We're almost guaranteed to get 2 seasons, if not 3. If the Amagami anime could get an exclusive subforum, WA2 certainly deserves one.
Or you could talk about the spoilers and speculations in a games thread , if someone decides to make one......
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-21, 10:32   Link #264
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
Or you could talk about the spoilers and speculations in a games thread , if someone decides to make one......
I'd rather wait for a subforum and get a game thread going there.
Old 2013-09-21, 11:54   Link #265
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazryonh View Post
Well, I wouldn't say it's guaranteed to get two seasons, as nice as that would be.

Unless a split cour was planned from the beginning, the deciding factor in getting a second season is most likely blu-ray sales.

Last edited by Frontier; 2013-09-21 at 13:48.
Old 2013-09-21, 20:39   Link #266
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Well, I wouldn't say it's guaranteed to get two seasons, as nice as that would be.

Unless a split cour was planned from the beginning, the deciding factor in getting a second season is most likely blu-ray sales.
The game was considered a "kami-ge" by the eroge rating sites, so I'm sure the ones with the money are looking for the WA2 anime to be a "license to print money" as it were.

Then again, as for this forum, Minami-ke is a show that's had 4 seasons and never got a subforum for itself. I wonder if something about the rules needs to be changed.
Old 2013-09-27, 09:46   Link #267
Key Board
Carbon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyjlX2tPbgs

PV2

I guess it looks better in motion
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 10:04   Link #268
Ringil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

PV2

I'm pretty impressed by this PV haha.
Ringil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 11:19   Link #269
Frontier

Quote:

PV2

I like it!

It's great to finally be able to hear the opening and the voice cast. Can't wait to see the first episode.
Old 2013-09-27, 15:33   Link #270
Mazryonh

Quote:

PV2

Yes, the principal characters' chins no longer look like they could cut glass cleanly (unlike their character design samples) and Kazusa's eyes no longer look perpetually frowning. Thank goodness.
Old 2013-09-27, 19:24   Link #271
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Highlights from this week's radio show, with the anime's director and music director as guests: To fit all the content, apparently nearly half of the episodes had their OPs cut, and most of the times, the ED played in the background while the story continued in the foreground; by pure coincidence, the show's logo resembles more to WA(1)'s logo than to WA2 game's; familiarity with the game was one of the criteria when staffing for the show; neither of the guests knew about Maruto's stockings and toe fetish, but they will do their best to satisfy his desires going forward.
Old 2013-09-28, 05:09   Link #272
Key Board
Carbon

does that mean that the director is familiar with the VN?

because he is my biggest worry so far
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-09-28, 09:01   Link #273
Mazryonh

Quote:
Familiarity with the game was one of the criteria when staffing for the show; neither of the guests knew about Maruto's stockings and toe fetish, but they will do their best to satisfy his desires going forward.
I have to wonder if "familiarity with the source material" is standard procedure when making things like LN- or manga- anime adaptations. I certainly don't think that familiarity with eroge is a standard requirement, since they are usually much longer than LNs or a single manga arc to be adapted. WA2's IC is a kinetic novel and therefore shouldn't be so difficult to keep everyone on the staff apprised of--maybe they just watched a video walkthrough on their own time.

As for "toe-tips and stockings," hasn't IC already been completely animated by now? If so, it'll be too late for the animators to add those kinds of scenes to suit Maruto's "specific tastes" in time for the air dates (though the Blu-Ray versions might have them). Not that appealing to such tastes hasn't been done before; didn't Shaft focus a lot on Karen Araragi's feet in Nisemonogatari?

Furthermore, assuming they'll only be using the characters' outfits from IC, the main heroines won't be wearing much in the way of stockings (assuming "stockings" in this case doesn't mean socks, but pantyhose and/or thighhighs) this time around.
Old 2013-09-28, 10:39   Link #274
Frontier

Quote:
Highlights from this week's radio show, with the anime's director and music director as guests: To fit all the content, apparently nearly half of the episodes had their OPs cut, and most of the times, the ED played in the background while the story continued in the foreground; by pure coincidence, the show's logo resembles more to WA(1)'s logo than to WA2 game's; familiarity with the game was one of the criteria when staffing for the show; neither of the guests knew about Maruto's stockings and toe fetish, but they will do their best to satisfy his desires going forward.
It looks like the staff of the show are really trying their best to adapt the story properly, in contrast to White Album 1, and that's a good sign.

Skipping the opening and playing the ending just in the background isn't a new practice in anime, but I doubt many do it for nearly half of its run... but if it's to make sure they can fit into the show as much as possible, so not a lot gets cut out to in place of songs, then I'm all for it and applaud the creators for their decision.
Old 2013-10-01, 16:01   Link #275
Key Board
Carbon

http://anago.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/moeplus/1380601889/

Potentially bad news?

It's seem Aquaplus parent company has been acquired by another company

Some fear this will effect the future of the White Album 2 franchise.
Old 2013-10-01, 19:35   Link #276
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Nyantype:

Megami:

Those zzzzzettai legs! The half zettai leg! And that mini military cap
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 20:42   Link #277
Frontier

Those miniskirts! Those gloves! Uh... those presumably high-heeled boots !

Those are some nice outfits .

Though I'm surprised that any student council would approve them. Then again, considering what cosplay cafe's get away with...
Old 2013-10-01, 21:26   Link #278
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

"Her skirts are so short, and she sings and dances on the stage. Yet her panties are never showing."
"Because she ain't wearing any."
- Excerpt from Zetsubou Housou (radio)
Old 2013-10-01, 22:27   Link #279
Leon_Lelouch
ミシャだけ

Well, looking at the second pv, the chin is not so bothersome anymore lol

anyone know where to hear the previous episodes of the onsen radio for white album 2?
Just recently know how to play it and just hear the latest episode which is ep 57
if someone know, can you please PM me thx before

Spoiler for radio:

well, just another 2 days for the next radio and 3 days for the anime~
Leon_Lelouch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 23:28   Link #280
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

The old ones can be found here. You can also find the Radio CD specials on PerfectDark and Share.

Tags
drama, love triangle, musical