AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > sola

Notices

View Poll Results: sola - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.91%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 34 38.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 12.50%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 4.55%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.14%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.27%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-05-22, 16:05   Link #241
JediNight
キズランダム

This is a rather large town, so Matsuri could have thought Yorito wouldn't be over on that end before she figured out where to go from here. She obviously didn't expect to see Yorito, and was still trying to uphold the promise by telling Yorito to go away.

Has anyone talked about why Mayuko is there with Matsuri? I know she said she wanted to meet Matsuri, so I wonder what they talked about and what Onii-chan will do.

And while this is shocking, the Yaka heal quickly don't they? I doubt it's a fatal wound for her assuming Aono doesn't MC Yorito any more.
Old 2007-05-22, 16:44   Link #242
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
1) 2) No, you are mistaken, Aono brought Yorito to life at most, some time a month or so ago. The hint to this is Yorito's memory range.
Not necessarily. How far back can you remember? Do you remember your birth? Alzheimer patients also lose their memories. So it's no leap, that one can exist longer than one can remember. If his memory was partially erased, then it would also account for the 3 month period and still allow for his existence for longer than 3 months depending on what the true scenario is.
Old 2007-05-22, 17:48   Link #243
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
This is a rather large town, so Matsuri could have thought Yorito wouldn't be over on that end before she figured out where to go from here. She obviously didn't expect to see Yorito, and was still trying to uphold the promise by telling Yorito to go away.

Has anyone talked about why Mayuko is there with Matsuri? I know she said she wanted to meet Matsuri, so I wonder what they talked about and what Onii-chan will do.

And while this is shocking, the Yaka heal quickly don't they? I doubt it's a fatal wound for her assuming Aono doesn't MC Yorito any more.
actually i think the reason why matsuri is still in town was because she had to take care of Mayuko ~ i can imagine by chance the run away Mayuko managed to bump into matsuri after she left takashi but the problem here is what state she is currently in...she seems ill and matsuri is trying her best to take care of her...could she have been running around in the sun?
and its not totally stated that yaka can heal quickly...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-05-22, 18:34   Link #244
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

She seemed to me her sleepy self. =)
Old 2007-05-22, 19:47   Link #245
Furudanuki

Just a little thought that occurred to me after catching up with the discussion...

The flashback events that - we have to believe - originally created this triangle occurred quite some time ago: Are we at all safe in assuming that what we are seeing now is really the first time this little drama has been played out? Maybe Aono's actions in episode 7 are the cumulative result of seeing Yorito choose Matsuri over and over and over again instead of a sudden fit of jealousy. Perhaps the appearance of Takashi and Mayuko is a wild card that has been newly added to the game and changed the rules. Something else to ponder, anyway.
Old 2007-05-22, 20:28   Link #246
Icerack

Quote:
and its not totally stated that yaka can heal quickly...
Matsuri's been hit by light darts and burnt in the sunshine multiple times and she seems to be okay over one night's sleep (and will most likely will survive the glass shard attack). Assuming Yorito is also a Yaka, he's also survived a slash with a sword and has been okay the next day. Hm....
Old 2007-05-22, 20:57   Link #247
kct

Send a message via MSN to kct
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icerack View Post
Assuming Yorito is also a Yaka, he's also survived a slash with a sword and has been okay the next day. Hm....
Of course, that is just pure speculation at the moment, it seems that we have several theories about him going around here, that is...

Spoiler for Yorito:

There could be more though...
Old 2007-05-22, 21:15   Link #248
Telliamed
sensei no pet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
She seemed to me her sleepy self. =)
Then she's sleeping late. The sun has already gone down.

Quote:
Sola rap?

Hit the jackpot, have we? Nearly double the posts from last week. All these wild speculations are surely confusing some people. Just remember, folks, androids, espers, and government agents.
Old 2007-05-22, 21:42   Link #249
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furudanuki View Post
Just a little thought that occurred to me after catching up with the discussion...

The flashback events that - we have to believe - originally created this triangle occurred quite some time ago: Are we at all safe in assuming that what we are seeing now is really the first time this little drama has been played out? Maybe Aono's actions in episode 7 are the cumulative result of seeing Yorito choose Matsuri over and over and over again instead of a sudden fit of jealousy. Perhaps the appearance of Takashi and Mayuko is a wild card that has been newly added to the game and changed the rules. Something else to ponder, anyway.
Let's assume, again, that both versions of Yorito, past and present, are the same. Now, there are parallels between the two versions:
- made a promise to Matsuri to bring her out under the Sky and show it to her
- had feelings for her, but was never shown until now
- with Aono

Fast forward a couple more centuries, he repeats history, but subconsciously does so, after having seen all the current episodes up to now.

There is a slight difference between the two timelines: he's managed to get closer to Matsuri within three months than he has done so before. This is because Aono hasn't been with him in the three months to intervene. Aono even said in Ep.6 that it was three months ago when Matsuri possibly came back, at the same time when Aono was hospitalized. Coincidence?

As you said, the love triangle is finally being played out, and I would have to say Yorito is in the middle of all this. In the past, this wasn't ever really played out since Yorito died long before any possible involvement turned serious between him and Matsuri. That's what I'm thinking.

And, with Matsuri back in both Aono's and Yorito's life, Aono's plan to get closer to Yorito again is backfiring. No matter how much power you have, you can never repress harbored feelings within one person's own heart, nor manipulate it to your own whim. Regardless of how many times Aono has possibly reincarnated Yorito, or even just reincarnated/recreated him just once, and altered his memories, there is no possible way for Aono to manipulate his own heart. As I said before, a lot of what Yorito is doing now is what he has done centuries before, and is doing this again without him knowing that he's done them already. The exception now is that he's gotten closer to Matsuri than before since Aono has had no chance to intervene for three months. Now, I'm thinking that Aono will do whatever she can to keep Yorito.

My worst fear now is this:
If Aono had manipulated his memories before, will she erase memories of what happened in the last three months out of Yorito's mind? She can erase Yorito's memories all she wants, but trying to change centuries of harbored feelings for another person will be impossible to change as any factor can bring back these feelings again.

That would be painful to watch happen in the next episode or later episodes. Hopefully this fear doesn't come into fruition.
Old 2007-05-22, 22:12   Link #250
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
~
Sola rap?
~
It took me a while to decipher it.

Based on context, MC = Mind-Control.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-22, 22:51   Link #251
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Grr, I'm late to the party.

Man, WHAT a cliffhanger. I hate myself now for having delayed so much the watching of this episode.

I'm definitely getting the raw next time.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
Old 2007-05-22, 23:46   Link #252
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
I highly doubt we're at the climax of the story as of yet. There's still a lot of mysteries to be uncovered and a plethora of character interactions to be played out. With the way it ended on episode 6, it made this episode even better. The ending of this episode is definately an edge of your seat experience.
Old 2007-05-23, 01:15   Link #253
JediNight
キズランダム

What if Yorito being around is still a draw on Aono's powers? Like it's an active spell to keep him here like that, and if she stops using most of her power, he will just disappear?

That seems somewhat likely that he is somehow still part of her or connected, if she can MC (Mind Control :P) him on a whim.
Old 2007-05-23, 09:34   Link #254
kct

Quote:
That seems somewhat likely that he is somehow still part of her or connected, if she can MC (Mind Control :P) him on a whim.
What I said (that his existence MIGHT BE tied to Aono in some sort of way).
Old 2007-05-23, 16:48   Link #255
Dop
Mmmm....

Well. Coo. I never expected that!

Loved the bit with Aono trying out different outfits (how big is that wardrobe, anyway?) and then different hairstyles. All of which made the later part of this episode hit harder.

Spoiler for ep. 7:

I'm really looking forward to see the aftermath of this episode!
Old 2007-05-23, 19:16   Link #256
octoberasian
Baka Gaijin :P
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kct View Post
What I said (that his existence MIGHT BE tied to Aono in some sort of way).
That brings up an interesting prospect that I think another person suggested, and it got me thinking:
What if Yorito wasn't reincarnated or revived or whatever...
Spoiler:
Old 2007-05-23, 20:20   Link #257
Nemesis2124

That's certainly a possibility. Though I think Yorito being replicated with such clarity based only off Aono's memories, to the point where it's detrimental to her intentions, is a bit awkward. I'm more inclined to think that even if he is primarily Aono's creation, some fragment of the original was probably used as a component.
Old 2007-05-23, 21:23   Link #258
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Nah. If Aono created him, she'd make sure that anything remotely related to Matsuri would be gone. I still think that he's the original with suppressed memories and Matsuri just doesn't know it. If you were Aono, would you tell her?
Old 2007-05-24, 03:20   Link #259
Phantom-Takaya
INTJ
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via MSN to Phantom-Takaya Send a message via Yahoo to Phantom-Takaya
She could have been trying to say "You're a reincarnation of the old Yorito and I don't want you to end up the same way because of me." A mouthful, but I'm sure that can be a possibility if Yorito didn't hug her so suddenly.
Old 2007-05-24, 03:41   Link #260
kct

More about the 'extension of Aono' theory.

Spoiler for Yorito.:

This sounds crazy though >.> .
Closed Thread