AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-29, 12:50   Link #261
EternalBlue
☼~永遠なる青~☼

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
I don't understand the concept of you people wanting to read the manga....it was serialized on Comptiq magazine, it was a poor adaptation of the original game, and the drawing sucks compared to the actual CG drawings done by genga-artist Nanao Naru from the original D.C. game.

If you want the real story, play the game.
It's kinda hard to play the game when you can't understand japanese :P. Anyway I still want to read the manga. Can someone please tell me the link to MangaONE. I'm so confused on where to go >_<
Old 2003-12-29, 13:03   Link #262
Anlushac11

Quote:
Well,

Spoiler:

Since you know a bit more than the show covers some questions please?

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-29, 13:07   Link #263
LBW
I like obscure crap

Send a message via AIM to LBW
http://www.gotwoot.net/torrents.php

*wonders what a panel edit is*
Old 2003-12-29, 13:41   Link #264
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-29, 13:49   Link #265
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
Since you know a bit more than the show covers some questions please?

Spoiler:

Moe's story overview (not written into anime plot)
Spoiler:

What is 2ch? -

http://www.2ch.net

It's a very notorious and infamous Japanese message board that deals with every issue you can think of, ranging from national politics to cooking.

Most message threads are good and peaceful...others are just...well let's just say they are isolationist and delusional freaks who sit in front of the computer all day and make AA (ascii arts) of the 2ch mascot - "mona- the cat" to bash people around on their comments.

2ch first attained notoriety back in 2000 when a middle school student put up a note in one of the message threads that he's going to hijack a bus later in the day. Though everyone thought he was kidding and most people started bashing him textually, he actually did hijack a bus with bottles of gasoline wrapped around him.

After that incident and the 2ch board being shown on nationally on TV, where 2ch message thread became sort of a message board for the masses.

It again came into media attention when someone put up a note that he will be showing a live killing of a kitten on the board. Granted, no one believed him, but the event actually took place. And a VERY GORY ONE at that as well (it is stated that he showed up to the second live broadcast feed of stabbing the kitten's eye and slowly breaking the kitten's neck with his hands, and finally slitting the kitten's throat). That is when the Japanese government began to start monitoring, and if necessary, shut down the 2ch website for such premonitions of heinous acts of crime.

But just when the Japanese government was about to step in and shut down the 2ch board - something that was unexpected in Japan occurred - A LAWSUIT FROM THE MESSAGE BOARD ADMINISTRATOR AGAINST THE JAPANESE GOVERNMENT FOR INFRINGING AGAINST FREEDOM OF SPEECH. In a country where the numbers of lawsuits are extremely low compared to other Western nations, it again received media attention - a regular common Japanese citizen standing up against the historically bureaucratic Japanese government.

But of course, the Japanese government thought "what can one little administrator do against a big government like ours?" Well, the 2ch phenomenon received so much media attention that the Japanese populace (known for being very apathetic to political issues) actually sided with the 2ch message board's appeal:

"I am only providing a social arena to discuss issues and events - what occurs on that message board is not my responsibility, rather it is the responsibility of the person who does the action. I have no issue with providing information (IP addresses) for people who have committed and/or under suspiscion in instigating a crime, but to shut down a board that has grown to such a size is against the right to assemble and freedom speech guaranteed by our Japanese Constitution of 1945."

Perhaps, people saw him as a lone warrior fighting against a corrupt and useless political machine that the majority of the populace has equated to the Japanese government. Perhaps, people were tired of bureaucrats controlling Japan, plunging Japan into a decade old recession. Perhaps, many were just dissatisfied with all the money laundering scandals and backdealing construction contracts that had plagued the Japanese National Diet. Whatever the case, the Japanese people sided with this single message board administrator as person who had the actually had the guts to stand up against the government.

And perhaps the government couldn't have chosen a worse time to instigate such a mess. A major upper house election for the National Diet was just a few months ahead, and the major party in Japan - the Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) needed the votes to retain its five-decade rule over national politics. And seeing the majority of Japanese citizens (crucially needed for LDP party votes for the Upper House elections) siding with the message board administrator, had no choice to back down from shutting down the message board.

Of course, more media attention poured into the 2ch message board system. "The little kid (a lone Japanese citizen) finally beats bigger brother (the strong Japanese bureaucracy)" said one newspaper article headline. "Popular victory! A step toward true democracy!" read a left-wing magazine article. Whatever.

Be as it might, 2ch became notorious, but ended up lucky. It gained free national attention, first bashed by the media for having threads and topics that showed (perhaps even lead) such heinous acts of crime, but ended up being the banner of "popular masses over government intervention."

So, the 2ch message board still exists today. Granted, some privacy had to be compromised (the 2ch administrator agreed in the first place anyway - he was only against shutting his message board down) but it still symbolizes a new era of Japanese citizen rights - freedome to assemble and speech...whether those speeches are good (latest stock forecasts, a citizen's review of the latest computer equipment, and new cooking recipes) or bad (degrading remarks against Koreans and Chinese people living in Japan "rotting the country" and pro-9/11-terrorist remarks for "finally putting dirt onto America"), it doesn't matter.
__________________________________________________ __

Ebay doesn't have the capability to search and post in Shift-JIS Japanese letters.

Therefore, we use something that can - Yahoo! Auction.
Old 2003-12-29, 16:48   Link #266
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Wow, kj1980, you are a veritable fountain of knowledge. The story of the 2ch message board is very interesting!

And also, believe me when I say that if I could understand enough Japanese, not only would I have already purchased the Da Capo game, I would have already beaten it many times over, I'm sure. It's just that, for many reasons, nobody seems willing or interested in translating these types of games. It's really a shame. Perhaps that will change some day.
Old 2003-12-29, 17:41   Link #267
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Well, even if the anime can't be totally true to the game, I still love this series. Definate sleeper hit.
Old 2003-12-29, 18:27   Link #268
PocariSweat
ポカリが?どんな動物ですか?

Anyone else notice Da Capo's story has a lot in common with the old 1950's Sci-Fi move "Forbidden Planet" (which itself was sort of based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest")?

Ancient movie spoiler
Spoiler:

Not altogether unlike Sakura and her tree eh?

Of course, it didn't have any cat girls (had a cat and a girl though) and unlike Da Capo's resident robo, "Robby" didn't get so wiggly over bananas.
Old 2003-12-29, 18:44   Link #269
stingray
Kinda Sorta Anime fan

just watched eps24. damn....

hmm...didn't know about the moe-chan backstory (not that i would have). interesting....
Old 2003-12-29, 19:25   Link #270
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PocariSweat
Anyone else notice Da Capo's story has a lot in common with the old 1950's Sci-Fi move "Forbidden Planet" (which itself was sort of based on Shakespeare's "The Tempest")?
Actually, the game maker got the idea from a hyakunin-isshu poetry written in the late 6th century Japan.
Old 2003-12-29, 20:25   Link #271
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

EDIT: Nevermind. Either I'm blind or my searching skills suck.

Last edited by Lord Raiden; 2003-12-29 at 20:38.
Old 2003-12-30, 00:06   Link #272
Anlushac11

Quote:

Spoiler:
Im sorry may I lask one last question?

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-30, 01:48   Link #273
kj1980
Gomen asobase desuwa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anlushac11
Im sorry may I lask one last question?

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-30, 05:44   Link #274
Mistwrath
Always confused . . .

Finally caught episode 24 of Da Capo. Well Miharu's stuff is kinda touching in my opinion, and yet foolish. Sigh

Kinda roughly know what's going to go on in episode 25 and 26 by reading those spoilers at D.C official website.

Nothing much is touched on Suginami either in the anime. Mako is still very much normal compared to her sister.

Let me replay D.C 1 more time to get refresh on some of those endings
Old 2003-12-30, 08:42   Link #275
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

Question

Hi everyone I'm new here!, so i don't know how to use this forum yet.so....

May i ask something...... Will there be Da Capo Season 2 or the Whole Anime End

After eps26?
Old 2003-12-30, 08:48   Link #276
vio5555

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
Hi everyone I'm new here!, so i don't know how to use this forum yet.so....

May i ask something...... Will there be Da Capo Season 2 or the Whole Anime End

After eps26?
After 26 its over.
Old 2003-12-30, 10:53   Link #277
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

WAH!!! ;_; J/K ^_^

Yeah, since the game ends where EP26 ends, then yeah, there's no second season. Although if the game makers wanted to make a sequel, heck, I'm all for it.
Old 2003-12-30, 22:51   Link #278
golthin

Quote:
Spending the night in line at Comike 65, I was watching D.C. Episode 26 on my Sony VAIO where I recorded the TV on to its HD so I have something to do (and get warmed up) while waiting for the doors to open, as I wait since 4AM, battering zero-degree centigrade temperatures.

I am writing this post from the local wireless hotspot inside Ariake Big Sight as I take a rest from doujinshi shopping...

Spoiler:
NOOOOOOOO! NOOOOOO! NOOOOO! IS this the end?

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-30, 22:54   Link #279
golthin

Quote:
Well,

Spoiler:
I need to know the end! which girl did he end with in episode 26?

Spoiler:
Old 2003-12-30, 23:02   Link #280
golthin

Quote:
Well,

Spoiler:
Please spell it out for me .

Spoiler:

Is there a place where i can find episode 25 and 26 raw?
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs