AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2020-07-13, 14:30   Link #1
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Talking Ghost Girl

New manga from the creator of Rosario + Vampire, Seasons 1 + 2!

"A new series from the creator of Rosario+Vampire with artwork that's beyond this dimension! Chloé dreams of being an actress, but her path to success may be closed as she's now twenty-eight with very little to show for it. However, she does happen to have a special occult body type!"

Don't let the description deter you...

Spoiler for First impressions:
Old 2020-07-13, 18:06   Link #2
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I decided to try reading this

The first chapter is good. I just have a bit of a problem with a lolicon MC and a fake loli heroine. I'll still read it, though, since the premise is interesting.

Anyone have thoughts about why Chloe's body isn't aging, though? Maybe it's got something to do with her Spirit Medium aspect.
Old 2020-07-15, 00:07   Link #3
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
I decided to try reading this

The first chapter is good. I just have a bit of a problem with a lolicon MC and a fake loli heroine. I'll still read it, though, since the premise is interesting.

Anyone have thoughts about why Chloe's body isn't aging, though? Maybe it's got something to do with her Spirit Medium aspect.
Yeah, hopefully it just stays a gag and doesn't overstay it's welcome. The fact that the two introduced characters are so zany in R+V fashion makes me hope future characters are going to be equally expressive and colorful.

That's a good assessment, maybe it is her "ideal gene" - I read elsewhere that our "Arkham Bullet" guy may not be all that he seems.

Let's see how it turns out! Fingers are still crossed for a R+V cameo!!
Old 2020-07-15, 16:58   Link #4
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Speaking of R+V, I actually hope for a sequel where we see Tsukune's dream of monsters and humans living together in peace fulfilled. Since it wasn't fulfilled in R+V II in the end and we just got awakened Shinso Tsukune and Moka. Maybe Tsukune's child (or one of his children) with Moka or one of his/her descendants will manage to accomplish it.

Kai is a lolicon so the worry of Chloe remaining as a fake loli throughout the entire series is there. Unless he can also love and appreciate her if she gets an adult body, her body will never mature. It's sad, but something we may have to live with if we read this manga.
Old 2020-07-15, 17:00   Link #5
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
Speaking of R+V, I actually hope for a sequel where we see Tsukune's dream of monsters and humans living together in peace fulfilled. Since it wasn't fulfilled in R+V II in the end and we just got awakened Shinso Tsukune and Moka. Maybe Tsukune's child (or one of his children) with Moka or one of his/her descendants will manage to accomplish it.

Kai is a lolicon so the worry of Chloe remaining as a fake loli throughout the entire series is there. Unless he can also love and appreciate her if she gets an adult body, her body will never mature. It's sad, but something we may have to live with if we read this manga.
I'll never stop hoping for some sort of continuation of R+V - I feel like the story had a whole lot more to give (although, it ultimately depends on the writer's will to continue the story and the interest of the general media-consuming populace).

Kai's infatuation with Chloe as a cute girl seems to be more of a gag than a serious point - not sure if we should even consider a romantic arc just yet.
Old 2020-07-15, 17:33   Link #6
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I think romance being developed between the two is very likely since they're the main characters. And as you said in the OP, they're similar to Tsukune and Moka with how Kai needs her body/soul and Moka needed Tsukune's blood.

I do hope Kai's infatuation with her as a cute girl is just a gag, as you said, though. Would be best IMO. But we'll see, I guess.
Old 2020-07-15, 17:43   Link #7
Tenzen12

Moka needed Tsukune to remove her rosario, not for his blood. That was just snack.
Old 2020-07-15, 18:56   Link #8
DragonOsman
Dragon King

A gag snack. But yeah. She did still need him though.

Thanks for the correction.
Old 2020-07-16, 09:32   Link #9
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
In the end I am curious to see how this goes. Pretty solid opening leap into the story. And honestly don't even mind the loli thing since it is something that's troubled her as a character. It is part of what makes her the person she is. Heck, seeing her develop as a character and rise up in some way to fame despite her situation would make for an interesting part of the story.

Also, despite it being from the Rosario + Vampire creator, I can also treat this as a Soul Eater spinoff .
Old 2020-07-16, 10:12   Link #10
Tenzen12

To be honest I wouldn't even go so far calling her loli. I don't think anyone would mistake her for middle schooler for example. She clearly look like petite jk.
Old 2020-07-16, 16:24   Link #11
DragonOsman
Dragon King

She does look young enough that you wouldn't believe she's already 28, and in addition to that Kai also thought she was a loli.

@FlareKnight: I would still prefer it if her body would mature somehow. I'll still read it even if doesn't, though, since I like the story and the premise like I said before.
Old 2020-07-16, 18:04   Link #12
Hakai

BE SURE TO READ THIS FROM LEFT TO RIGHT
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I didn't notice that at first and started reading like a normal manga :/
Old 2020-07-16, 18:21   Link #13
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I tried to read it like a normal manga too but noticed on the first page that it should be read from left to right. I didn't see that message at the place I read it on.
Old 2020-07-16, 19:02   Link #14
Hakai

Pretty great first chapter. Will keep an eye on this one.

Knowing the author he can turn this into something great.

I love mc's scythe form lol. That's the face of a lolicon scythe alright.
Old 2020-07-17, 17:53   Link #15
DragonOsman
Dragon King

But can you really call Chloe a loli? She's just petite with a flat chest. I agree with you aside from that, though.
Old 2020-07-17, 20:42   Link #16
Hakai

Mc admits he's a lolicon several times so doesn't really matter.
Old 2020-07-18, 14:53   Link #17
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Him thinking of her as a loli calls his eyesight into question, though. But yeah, you're right.
Old 2020-07-19, 08:03   Link #18
bastek66

Why did mangaka change his pen name?
Old 2020-08-10, 23:57   Link #19
Mach56gs
Do-Gooder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Why did mangaka change his pen name?
No idea.

Chapter 3, holy crap this manga evokes the style of R+V so well. To see Arkham Bullet's Bureau is like a taste of good ol' Youkai Academy.

Spoiler for ALSO HOLY CRAP:

Good to know the art quality hasn't dropped a single iota... You all may know me as the crazy Rosario + Vampire dude but man... could you imagine Rosario + Vampire in this refined style? Golly gee.

Fingers crossed for this manga, definitely liking it so far.
Old 2020-08-11, 08:59   Link #20
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

The left to right thing is really annoying.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote