AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-04-05, 23:49   Link #101
xizro345
King's Justice

I've yeat to see it completely, seems only the nico stream is available even if it aired, and that's too dark to see decently.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 01:17   Link #102
Child_of_Sierra

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
only the nico stream is available even if it aired, and that's too dark to see decently.
My reaction to watching Shin Mazinger ep1: What am I watching?

My reaction to watching this shows 1st ep: What am I watching?
Old 2009-04-06, 08:01   Link #103
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

still no group willing to sub this??
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-06, 10:18   Link #104
AnymX

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizerknight01 View Post
still no group willing to sub this??
Well Tears to Tiara airs on Sundays, mining that only like a day just passed, so of course you won't get realise that fast.
If you wondering what groups are going to sub this... If I am not mistaking they are Solstice Subs, Insomnia-Subs, Kesenai Subtitles.

Last edited by AnymX; 2009-04-06 at 12:33.
AnymX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 03:01   Link #105
4get

The first subs are out (CoalGuys).
4get is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 04:45   Link #106
iceyfw

first episode was alright. i'm pretty sure to the first time viewers watching this, they would be mildly amused on what the heck is going on. must... wait... for... -------!!
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:42   Link #107
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Animax, you tried your best. Props to that.

The subtitle is borderline bearable.
They left me to wonder what would happen of me if I know no Japanese at all.
The subtitle in Hong Kong is somewhat bugged... obviously hastily translated as well. Hopefully they will use the more "formal" version from Taiwan in the next episode.

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 05:50   Link #108
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

First episode was quite alright, and the animation looks quite good as well ... would have looked better if the episode wasn't so dark through most of it though

They moved at a slightly slower pace than i had expected, but i suppose they do have time to play with, and the place where they ended it does make for a somewhat nice cliffhanger. I am still struggling with the character designs, especially Riannon's (why does she look like a completely different person!), after having played the PC game, but i suppose i will get used to them with time. As a lover of fantasy series, this one should fit the bill nicely. Now excuse me while i go plot how to burn Riannon's atrocious hat ...
Old 2009-04-07, 08:30   Link #109
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
I am still struggling with the character designs, especially Riannon's (why does she look like a completely different person!), after having played the PC game, but i suppose i will get used to them with time. .
It's because they're using the PS3 designs mixed with the PC's designs
Old 2009-04-07, 08:36   Link #110
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Yes, i know that, but that doesn't really make them any easier to swallow, especially after gotten used to PC designs (Although i prefer some of PS3 designs as well, Octavia's especially). Meh, will get used to it with time ... never the hat though. That hat of Riannon's is my natural enemy.
Old 2009-04-07, 09:03   Link #111
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet View Post
Animax, you tried your best. Props to that.

The subtitle is borderline bearable.
Actually the malay subs for Animax Malaysia were good. The only beef i have with them is that they translated Maoh(Demon King) to Ghost King. I'll forgive them 4 that 4 a great sub they did.
Old 2009-04-07, 10:05   Link #112
Molenir

Wow, that was pretty dumb. Better I suppose then some first episodes, but still cliche and stupid. The girl just standing there waiting to be murdered, the kids caught, the girl murdering everyone, in order to save the kids for a day or 2. Oh, and don't get me started on that totally fake boar hunt. A sword? Yeah, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB!

Still, as I mentioned, while its stupid, its better then some first episodes I've seen. I'll give it my standard 3 episodes before deciding whether or not its worth watching. Maybe the story will improve, though the way they're already toying with our emotions, it has all the hallmarks of bad drama.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 10:07   Link #113
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
It's because they're using the PS3 designs mixed with the PC's designs

I wouldn't say mixed. Save Gaius, whose armor is different, the designs are straight from the PS3 version, as specified in the credits of the anime, that say it's based on "Tears to Tiara - Kaikan no Daichi", which is the PS3 version.
Old 2009-04-07, 11:04   Link #114
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
Wow, that was pretty dumb. Better I suppose then some first episodes, but still cliche and stupid. The girl just standing there waiting to be murdered, the kids caught, the girl murdering everyone, in order to save the kids for a day or 2. Oh, and don't get me started on that totally fake boar hunt. A sword? Yeah, dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb, DUMB!

Still, as I mentioned, while its stupid, its better then some first episodes I've seen. I'll give it my standard 3 episodes before deciding whether or not its worth watching. Maybe the story will improve, though the way they're already toying with our emotions, it has all the hallmarks of bad drama.
yeah, really what was that girl thinking. She was going to give her life to save the world , but she is going to destroy the world to save to kids for a while. I guess that she believes that as long as there is life there is hope.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:40   Link #115
Lucky
Bored old member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
I wouldn't say mixed. Save Gaius, whose armor is different, the designs are straight from the PS3 version, as specified in the credits of the anime, that say it's based on "Tears to Tiara - Kaikan no Daichi", which is the PS3 version.

You might notice if you look carefully that there were several "letdowns" in PS3 version that were corrected in anime, mainly by using old CG as reference.

Perhaps the most publicised one is the "crate scene", where Octavia was "delievered on a plate" (notice the surrounding food and bottle(s) of wine, implying "eat me" or "party time". It adds effect to the scene were first impression is not "crime?" but "party").

PS3 version delivered Octavia in an empty crate, which removed a lot of the "" feeling from the scene for those seeing it for the first time. Hints at Octavia's sexual preferences aside, it just doesn't have the same impact without the food and wine. Barren crate is just too barren.

Anime version essentially combined new design with old attention to detail that PC version had. A best of both worlds I suppose.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 11:48   Link #116
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Lyrr (sp?) and Octavia, glad to see you girls animated.

Lyrr = <3 1a
Octavia = <3 1b

oh and im glad girl-whose-name-maybe-a-spoiler-i-forgot is getting alot of screentime in the opening and ending, since she can be considered the beginning of everything in the story, and they didnt show her alot in the game atleast.

Does anyone know if Lyrr underwent a personality change from PC to PS3 versions, Id hate to see a different her in the anime.

Last edited by alu546; 2009-04-07 at 14:28.
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 12:26   Link #117
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky View Post

PS3 version delivered Octavia in an empty crate, which removed a lot of the "" feeling from the scene for those seeing it for the first time. Hints at Octavia's sexual preferences aside, it just doesn't have the same impact without the food and wine. Barren crate is just too barren.
That's because Sony doesn't allow H Games. And I'm glad they did it like that, I wouldn't have even dreamed of playing the game if it were for the PC version alone. Save some minor differences I'd say we're going the PS3 route for the anime, which has some different story elements.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:25   Link #118
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

There was one thing I didn't really liked (other than the sound +subtitles were delayed for some reason O.o, but that might be the streaming's fault): How the imperial soldiers were looking more like some European Knights from the Middle Age era, and they don't even remind me one bit to the Roman Legions they've been in the PC game.

Quote:
we're going the PS3 route for the anime, which has some different story elements.
Spoiler for storydifferences:
izmosmolnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-07, 14:36   Link #119
xizro345
King's Justice

Actually the Empire armors are almost identical to those in the PS3 game (which I've finished less than a month ago, so memory is still fresh). Gaius' armor, from the designs I've seen on Dengeki Online, looks different.
Old 2009-04-07, 14:48   Link #120
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
There was one thing I didn't really liked (other than the sound +subtitles were delayed for some reason O.o, but that might be the streaming's fault): How the imperial soldiers were looking more like some European Knights from the Middle Age era, and they don't even remind me one bit to the Roman Legions they've been in the PC game.

Spoiler for storydifferences:
Spoiler for response to gamespoiler:
alu546 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aquaplus, eroge, fantasy, leaf, rpg, seinen, white fox