AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-07, 18:12   Link #2481
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Ah! Here's some more spoiler!

Spoiler for achiga:
Spoiler for Spoiler:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 20:35   Link #2482
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangejuicetang View Post
Spoiler for speculation:
Spoiler:
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 02:06   Link #2483
thenightsshadow

Speculative Thoughts:

This might be just a red herring, but Awai mentions that her "abilities" means she's year 100. "Abilities", huh?

But we've seen what happened with people with multiple abilities. Jindai wasn't able to pull out more than one ability, while Toyone only showed three of her seven abilities.

So what makes so Awai so sure that she could have "abilities"? Maybe I'm just looking at this wrong, but I feel so certain she's going to steal the Counted Yakuman key and use it herself. As in, she can steal other people's abilities, like some sort of Black Hole? Fits the galaxy theme.
thenightsshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 03:35   Link #2484
fukarming

I doubt Awai has the ability to negate others, as that is almost exclusive to Saki (she overrides Nanpo's "southern round domination", Toyone's "pursue Richi" and Koromo's "prevention of Tenpai".

My speculation is that Shindouji and Shiratodai will advance. In the vice captain match of the final, Mairu reserve a Yakumen in the last match. Awai tries to gain as many points as she could to brace the impact for the Yakumen in the all last, but Saki go "tanoshii" and override Himeko and win the match for Kiyosumi
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 04:03   Link #2485
pir

No, its impossible. Only Shiratodai and Achiga can advance. This is predestined from start. I love idea how Awai can steal another player abilitys. If Awai steal Counted Yakuman and use it against Himeko this is will be awesome plot twist.
pir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 05:07   Link #2486
Sol Falling

As I mentioned, I believe Himeko's counted Yakuman will be used to set up tension for Shizu to make her second place comeback in the final round.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 13:38   Link #2487
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Saki 106 is out.

..you know, judging by Nodoka's expression (she didn't show any sadness etc) makes me think that Achiga managed to go to the final.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 15:11   Link #2488
tsunade666

Its kinda funny when I read chapter 106. From the view on the television. The commentators and the news team are featuring most of Nodoka and even Touka said it and on another panel from the tv screen view. Saki isn't even shown. Nodoka is being like a sun that eclipse or hides Saki which is good in a way because they aren't seeing the real terror from a miyanaga but kinda also ironic and funny
Old 2012-12-09, 15:11   Link #2489
The Green One

They'll avoid saying it one way or another until Achiga's semi's have resolved. Can't be ruining the "surprise" after all.

Yeah, it's pretty clear Shizu will do her last minute monkey magic again. Though Saki also seems to do the last minute comebacks as well. Makes you wonder how that will go down when they meet in the finals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Its kinda funny when I read chapter 106. From the view on the television. The commentators and the news team are featuring most of Nodoka and even Touka said it and on another panel from the tv screen view. Saki isn't even shown. Nodoka is being like a sun that eclipse or hides Saki which is good in a way because they aren't seeing the real terror from a miyanaga but kinda also ironic and funny
Actually they're more interested in Nodoka's chest, since that seems to be the focus of every single news shot we see.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 15:36   Link #2490
teja208
Critical fanboy

Nodoka seems to have a knack for drawing media attention to her boobs - kinda opposite to Momo's stealth ability which draws people attention away from her. At least, the opposing teams and the pros at this point began to acknowledge Saki as the actual monster of Kiyosumi. I believe we were introduced to such term when the reporter (sorry I forget her name) interviewed Fujita-pro. When reporter asked her opinion of notable player this year. She mentioned Teru, Jindai, and most recently Koromo are blessed by the tiles. The reporter then responded with something like it was just a rumor and Koromo’s still an amateur that got lucky. It would seem that the media aren’t very keen when it comes to identifying which players are “unnaturally gifted” to say the least.

In Sakiverse, the term "monster" seems to only apply within circle of hardcore mahjong players and those aiming to become pros. To become a mahjong pro, you have to acknowledge that monster does exist, something which Nodoka still lacking. I think players’ reputation as monsters aren't widely recognized among casual fans and media in general. This is why they don't put two pros to comment on the same match, since causal audience will not be able to fully pick up everything the pro said.

Last edited by teja208; 2012-12-09 at 16:38.
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 16:02   Link #2491
Requiem-x
The slacking one

You know things have gone out of hand when even Touka wonders why is there so much Nadokadoration. Seriously, Ritz, stop it. Or perhaps... this is self-awareness from her side?

On a better note, the new commentator is adorable, though she looks more shy than tsundere, but that's fine too, and I love how Mihirogi and her ... partner are pretty much commentating on the comentators.
Old 2012-12-09, 16:03   Link #2492
Bladezer

Its pretty darn obvious the press is really only interested in Nodoka, despite it being pretty darn clear that Kiyosumi kept the lead for most of quarter finals, and they only lost it because of Hisa having an accidental break down.

On another note I find it really heartwarming that Touka is annoyed about the press only focusing on Nodoka, really helps show that she cares about all of Kiyosumi, not just her physical crush on Nodoka.

Seems Uta can spot relationships a mile away just how she can spot how people play in Mahjong, or not. This is also really making thing that pros and commentators live with each other or going out.

And Noyori apparently has a schoolgirl fetish, and seems that she really does tsundere tendencies.
Bladezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:06   Link #2493
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

So Saki 106 will be the last chapter this year... the next one will be on January 4th then... but why Ritz~sensei? why not have another chapter in-between Christmas and New Year as a gift for all those Saki followers out there? Do-do-don't misunderstand me here... it's not like I check every now and then to see if there's a new chapter of Saki... it's nothing like that, okay?

I've been wondering... why does Saki still wearing Mako's skirt? what happened to hers again? I can't seem to remember... was it she accidentally wore it when she woke up late for the drawing of lots in the inter-high... hey guys, don't get wrong... it's not like I like girls in short skirts or anything... it's definitely nothing of the sort... I'm just curious... right, just curiosity...

Now we've seen a glimpse of Usuzan, they seem no be not housing the blondie girl in Saki's past... so they don't have the firepower of a Miyanaga then... it would be interesting to see why the pro (forgot the name of big boobed pro) see them as a team to reckon with... will we be seeing out-of-this-world abilities or as a theme for a christian school, if they are one, miracle-making abilities?

And now for Ritz~sensei's farewell gift for us for this year in Saki...... Yuuki's behind...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-09, 21:31   Link #2494
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Actually tarajis, if you're ignoring the significance of possibility of Usuzan being an all-girls Catholic school, then you haven't watched enough Maria-sama ga Miteru. Which is to say that their lesbian levels should be off the charts.
Old 2012-12-09, 21:44   Link #2495
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually tarajis, if you're ignoring the significance of possibility of Usuzan being an all-girls Catholic school, then you haven't watched 80% of all yuri anime and manga outhere. Which is to say that their lesbian levels should be off the charts.
Sorry, had to fix it.

Also, tarajis, don't look down on Yuuki's rear, it's a damn good present.

Now I'm also intrigued about Usuzan's abilities, it would be awesome if they actually were based around something like that, though I can't think of any specific ideas for their abilities at the moment.
Old 2012-12-09, 22:29   Link #2496
tarajis
El Psy Congroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Actually tarajis, if you're ignoring the significance of possibility of Usuzan being an all-girls Catholic school, then you haven't watched enough Maria-sama ga Miteru. Which is to say that their lesbian levels should be off the charts.
Hooo... Maria~sama ga Miteru... two people recommending it then it must be good... full of yuri power, is it? I have seen quite a few titles but maybe I have not seen nothing yet... I will see it for myself what it has to offer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Also, tarajis, don't look down on Yuuki's rear, it's a damn good present.
I'm not looking down on Yuuki's rear... but don't get me wrong here... like I said... I'm not into girls in short skirts showing their nice buttocks or anything like that, no...
tarajis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-10, 01:51   Link #2497
fukarming

Spoiler for achiga ch 17:
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
Old 2012-12-10, 02:26   Link #2498
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Spoiler for achiga ch 17:
Area-effected support type ability eh?, a bit surprise that it isn't offensive ability.

Is the ability's detail is true, that sound like an ability that Shizuno can easily overcome with her massive luck. Saki will even has easier time with it.
Old 2012-12-10, 02:38   Link #2499
fukarming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Area-effected support type ability eh?, a bit surprise that it isn't offensive ability.

Is the ability's detail is true, that sound like an ability that Shizuno can easily overcome with her massive luck. Saki will even has easier time with it.
Maybe Awai can have a second ability? No one say that is her ONLY ability.

Spoiler for awai's ability:
Old 2012-12-10, 02:48   Link #2500
fa_chopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by fukarming View Post
Maybe Awai can have a second ability? No one say that is her ONLY ability.

Spoiler for awai's ability:

I'm more interested in Shizuno's ability given the limited information about awai's ability right now. Besides the "speed warm up training" a chapter ago makes it more interesting ^^
fa_chopper is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri