Notices

Old 2013-09-08, 11:29   Link #3561
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
-EPISODE 95-

Spoiler for See Cheetu Run!:
That little piece of animation was quite amazing. Madhouse is really doing a terrific job on this show. I can't think of many long-running anime that are as well animated as HxH.
Old 2013-09-08, 11:40   Link #3562
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
That republic or East Gorteau is totally not a reference to any country that exists in real life.
Nope, the "Great Leader" isn't a reference to any real life person in any way whatsoever
Old 2013-09-08, 13:32   Link #3563
ookamigirl

Interesting and fun new episode.
It was really cool watching those two fight fight the speed cat.
Gon & Killua seeing Kite again.
Poor guy, wtf happened to him...
It was just disturbing seeing him in that state.
Gon just keeps surprising me with his kind heart.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-08, 20:56   Link #3564
whitecloud

They really should name it north gorteau.....to keep it as close as possible.....if only the other great leader would end up in the same fate as this one
Old 2013-09-09, 06:58   Link #3565
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitecloud View Post
They really should name it north gorteau.....to keep it as close as possible.....if only the other great leader would end up in the same fate as this one
You mean, killed by a cannibalistic Eldritch abomination and then used as a puppet in its plans for humanity's total subjugation? As bad as it is, I still prefer him the way he is now .

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 10:17   Link #3566
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Oh here's an interesting question. Do people honestly view chimera ants as Eldritch Abominations?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 13:35   Link #3567
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Oh here's an interesting question. Do people honestly view chimera ants as Eldritch Abominations?
Personally I mostly referred to the King. Most ants are pretty ordinary monsters. But the King's really out of this world. He borders on a physical God.

Old 2013-09-09, 16:58   Link #3568
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

His power is pretty ridiculous but personally he doesn't really give me an otherworldly vibe.
Old 2013-09-09, 17:42   Link #3569
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Ofcourse not. The circumstances of his birth have already been explained as scientifically possible in HxH world. It's only an Eldritch Abomination if its very existence is a huge mind fuck.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-10, 06:45   Link #3570
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Ofcourse not. The circumstances of his birth have already been explained as scientifically possible in HxH world. It's only an Eldritch Abomination if its very existence is a huge mind fuck.
Well, yeah, I guess that's right if you consider Eldritch Abomination only something explicitly otherwordly. I was mostly thinking about his "alienness" (I mean, a DNA mashup insect-like monster who feeds on humans? Ehhhwww) and his freaky power (the comment about Netero not being strong enough to make it even past one of the guards, given the huge power gap between the guards and the King himself). Sometimes I've heard the term used in this broader sense.
But yeah, if by Eldritch Abomination you only think of stuff like Lovecraft's "Elder Gods", then it doesn't apply, definitely.

Old 2013-09-15, 02:51   Link #3571
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeahh... I don't think there's any doubt about this. None of these guys are really any match and these episodes are just showing off their abilities to the audience and nothing else.

Mind you, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I mean these guys are pretty much THE dark horses of the series.
Old 2013-09-15, 04:05   Link #3572
Kazu-kun

Let's not forget that most of these ants are minor soldiers. They're not stronger than Rammot, and Killua took his head without sweating. Maybe the "queen" will put a half decent fight, since she was a captain if I remember correctly, but the rest are cannon fodder.
Old 2013-09-15, 08:55   Link #3573
noktown

The queen also doesn't look tough to me.

I'd like to see their reaction to Neferpitou though,would be cool to see if they backed down or got excited.
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 11:55   Link #3574
SHINOBI-03

-EPISODE 96-
Spoiler for Part 1:

--------------
Spoiler for Part 2:
SHINOBI-03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 13:43   Link #3575
Dextro
He Without a Title

So Shalnark is a Super Sayaan?
Old 2013-09-15, 14:36   Link #3576
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
It's a rather abrupt turn of events, 'out-of-nowhere" you could say, but still a worthy passage of time. I've always wanted to see what the Spiders could do, and York Shin/GI didn't even get a chance to show their real capabilities, aside from Chrollo of course. Another note, it seems that Calluta(sp?) has a bit of a sadistic side, given that she's just chopping off arms instead of going for the kill, like the rest of the Spiders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Let's not forget that most of these ants are minor soldiers. They're not stronger than Rammot, and Killua took his head without sweating. Maybe the "queen" will put a half decent fight, since she[edit:HE!] was a captain if I remember correctly, but the rest are cannon fodder.
Rammot probably didn't even have a nen ability, plus, he wasn't even a "vice-captain" or anything, just a grunt(unlike, say, Pike). Not to say they still aren't cannon fodder though =0p.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
So Shalnark is a Super Sayaan?
I thought the same thing, sad to say =01. Another Togashi jab perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHINOBI-03 View Post
In the manga, after Bonolenov's portion we see in order: Phinks, Shizuku, and then Shalnark followed by Feitan and Kalluto. All this we see in chapter 225. We don't see their full fight just yet, but in the anime we see Shalnark's battle starts from chapter 226 right after Bonolenov's turn.
I, too, wondered why they deviated from the manga order. Are they going by popularity perhaps?

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 14:43   Link #3577
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

To be honest, I was little bored by the episode since it seemed like pretty standard affair in itself. I would've been very surprised if those ants posed a genuine threat to the Troupe, and i don't care much for those particular Troupe members anyway, besides Killua's relative. I don't care much for those ants either considering we've seen a much bigger threat already. Oh well, gotta clear out the small fry some way. Wasn't as entertaining as Cheetu's fight though.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 15:06   Link #3578
noktown

I enjoyed a Troupe episode,Bonolenov's power seems op,he can move at the speed of sound on top of that,that giant sphere thingy is moving with him...
noktown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-15, 17:21   Link #3579
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Another note, it seems that Calluta(sp?) has a bit of a sadistic side, given that she's just chopping off arms instead of going for the kill, like the rest of the Spiders.
Nope

And it's Kalluto. I'm surprised he's got such mastery of nen given that his older brother Killua (the future heir) hadn't even heard of it until a few months ago. I guess their training were different.
Old 2013-09-15, 18:18   Link #3580
Excorsism

Enjoyed that little Feitan segment before the ED. Didn't realize he was a fancy expert with the sword.

Tags
action, shounen