AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-12-19, 03:12   Link #1
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Smile A Positive Moment A Day:

We have a laugh a day, we have a silly joke a day.
But we don't have a positive moment a day:
Might as well as start one!!

"Kindness is contagious, like a river love flows:"
Old 2012-04-03, 08:19   Link #2
MUAHAHAHAHAHA
Hail the power of Fujoshi

Positive moment huh? My positive moment of the day is this:

I was on my way to ASDA (a supermarket chain in the UK), when I realized that I had dropped my purse. I looked around desperately, then I saw a guy running breathlessly towards me with my purse clutched tightly in his hand. I was so happy and touched by this honest gesture that I just have to share it here. He could have just kept the purse to himself (I had £40 in that purse) but instead he tried his best to hand it to me.

Old stuff but just a reminder that butthurt report form is here to help
MUAHAHAHAHAHA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 08:52   Link #3
Paranoid Android
Underweight Food Hoarder

Send a message via MSN to Paranoid Android
Coffee and blueberry muffin already there at the counter at the coffee place next to my office this morning. (:

Also reading silly scam mail makes me happy because they can be so funny to read. I got email from someone saying he's Gaddafi and going to give me 35 million dollars for no reason. Deceased people can be so nice eh? <3
Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 10:17   Link #4
Gamer_2k4
Anime Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUAHAHAHAHAHA View Post
Positive moment huh? My positive moment of the day is this:

I was on my way to ASDA (a supermarket chain in the UK), when I realized that I had dropped my purse. I looked around desperately, then I saw a guy running breathlessly towards me with my purse clutched tightly in his hand. I was so happy and touched by this honest gesture that I just have to share it here. He could have just kept the purse to himself (I had £40 in that purse) but instead he tried his best to hand it to me.
It wasn't recent, but this reminds me of a similar thing that happened to me a few weeks ago. I had just parked my car and was heading into a building when I heard someone calling out from behind me. Turns out I had dropped my roommate's car keys (I had put them in my pocket after pulling his car out of the driveway so I could leave), and I didn't even notice. It still scares me to think what would have happened if she hadn't been there. Neither my roommate nor I would have known where to look for the keys, and they probably would've been lost forever. But, thanks to that sharp eye of that woman, disaster was averted.
Old 2012-04-03, 11:03   Link #5
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

A Positive Moment A Day for me, is when i'm in the ring,to practice box,or when i have a match and i win..i love box...

And after the match that i win..i and my girlfriend...........well you know........

This, is my positive moment a day...
Old 2012-04-03, 11:12   Link #6
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

My positive moment today is: I did some calculating and, including the bike ride to work this morning, I've logged 738 miles since I started riding my bicycle again last November. Wow!
Old 2012-04-03, 19:52   Link #7
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Here is an interesting article from Mr Doom & Gloom from Marketwatch :

10 secrets to being a millionaire and enjoying it

Quote:

1. Getting rich isn’t about money

Fidelity’s Peter Lynch often said, if you spend 15 minutes a year studying the economy, that’s 10 minutes too much. And when money guru Ric Edelman researched 5,000 millionaires for “Ordinary People, Extraordinary Wealth,” he discovered that millionaires spend an average of just 6 minutes a day on personal finance. They have better things to do.

2. Think different

Go inside “The Millionaire Mind” with author George Stanley: “They think differently from the crowd … it pays to be different.” Yes, it builds wealth. Go where there’s a unique opportunity that fits your unique talents. That’s “the central theme” of Stanley’s work: Don’t fit in, go your way.
3. Accentuate the positive

Most of us have read books like Napoleon Hill’s classic, “Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude.” That message hit home in “Fast Company” by a Special Forces instructor, a veteran of 26 years: “If you have a guy with all the survival training in the world who has a negative attitude and a guy who doesn’t have a clue but has a positive attitude, I guarantee you that the guy with a positive attitude is coming out of the woods alive. Simple as that.” As a Marine veteran, I know he’s on the money.

4. Quit doing what you hate

Many people live in quiet desperation, waiting for retirement, doing something they hate. Marcus Buckingham put it very simply in his winning book, “The One Thing You Need to Know”: “Figure out what you don’t like doing, then stop doing it.”

5. Do what you love

You’ve heard all the pep talks: Follow your bliss; do what you love, money will follow. But most of all, never forget Stanley’s bottom line: “If you are creative enough to select the ideal vocation, you can win, win big-time. The really brilliant millionaires are those who selected a vocation that they love.”

6. Find ‘the real you’

Working in a career that doesn’t fit right is exhausting and stressful. You’re less efficient, less productive and underperform. Get in sync with the real you. Get help from a career counselor, if necessary. Read books on personality types. In “The Millionaire Code” I identify 16 basic types to help future millionaires focus on their dreams. Buckingham’s “Now Discover Your Strengths” is another example. Find the real you, go for it and never turn back.

7. Invest in ‘You Inc.’

Tired of working for Corporate America? Become an entrepreneur. Create your own business. Read Kiyosaki’s “Rich Dad, Poor Dad” series. Browse through “EBay for Dummies.” Open a restaurant, dry cleaner or scrap-metal yard. Stanley’s lists of millionaires includes a lot of unexpected opportunities others missed. And remember, most millionaires work for themselves, pay less taxes and build equity in themselves.

8. Live with passion

Believe in something. Listen to the still small voice. What is it: Love, family, jazz, art, golf, writing, fishing, inventing, charity work? Whatever it is, it’s you. And it’s priceless. My mentor Joseph Campbell, the inspiration for George Lucas’ Star Wars, and author of “The Hero of a Thousand Faces,” tells us: “If you follow your bliss, you will always have your bliss, money or not. If you follow money, you may lose it, and you will have nothing.” Yes, even Campbell had a millionaire’s mind.

9. Live in the moment

Warren Buffett goes to work “tap-dancing.” He once told a group of University of Nebraska students: “I get up every day and have a chance to do what I love to do, every day. If you learn anything from me, this is the best advice I can give you.” Take it. We all live in the moment, that’s his, discover yours and live yours. Live every day to the fullest.

10. Make a difference

This one may be the real key to a being a successful millionaire, even before you have the money: We all have a daily pressures that demands we balance loved ones and family, the latest deal, client, customer and boss, our little world today and our future. Millionaires dream of making the world a better place, with visions of a better tomorrow for everyone. They love helping people, getting rich in spirit as well as in fact. I’ll bet you have a dream. Something that really satisfies you deep in your soul. Discover the real meaning of your life, go beyond yourself. You can get rich and make a difference too.

Remember, being a millionaire is all in your head. If you have the right attitude, if you feel it, if you believe you’re a millionaire, you’re already there, already rich. You have the mind of the millionaire. Money will follow. It really does work.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-03, 20:17   Link #8
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
4. Quit doing what you hate

Many people live in quiet desperation, waiting for retirement, doing something they hate. Marcus Buckingham put it very simply in his winning book, “The One Thing You Need to Know”: “Figure out what you don’t like doing, then stop doing it.”
I'd love to so be able to do that.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 15:07   Link #9
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
A 50- something year old white woman arrived at her seat on a crowded flight and immediately didn't want the seat. The seat was next to a black man. Disgusted, the woman immediately summoned the flight attendant and demanded a new seat. The woman said "I cannot sit here next to this black man." The fight attendant said "Let me see if I can find another seat." After checking, the flight attendant returned and stated "Ma'am, there are no more seats in economy, but I will check with the captain and see if there is something in first class." About 10 minutes went by and the flight attendant returned and stated "The captain has confirmed that there are no more seats in economy, but there is one in first class. It is our company policy to never move a person from economy to first class, but being that it would be some sort of scandal to force a person to sit next to an UNPLEASANT person, the captain agreed to make the switch to first class." Before the woman could say anything, the attendant gestured to the black man and said, "Therefore sir, if you would so kindly retrieve your personal items, we would like to move you to the comfort of first class as the captain doesn't want you to sit next to an unpleasant person." Passengers in the seats nearby began to applause while some gave a standing ovation.
If you are against racism, share this.
That made my day.
Old 2012-04-04, 15:23   Link #10
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post

That made my day.
I read that on FB! Yeah, if this is true, then I salute the captain.

Old 2012-04-04, 15:31   Link #11
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

That made my day.
That's good stuff; I still find it amazing how some people can act like that without feeling any sort of remorse for their actions. Props to how that was handled.

And I don't know how many people have seen this.
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-04-04, 16:19   Link #12
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:

Yes. Curse that racist white lady.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 16:54   Link #13
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Unfortunately, (or fortunately, depending on your point of view) that whole "unpleasant 50 year oldish lady and the black man" thing most likely never happened.

Obnoxious passengers

However, it does one's spirit good to hear about people not putting up with other people's BS.

Endless "Never happened" Soul
Old 2012-04-05, 01:53   Link #14
HasuMasu
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
I'd love to so be able to do that.
I feel you, bro.

On another note, I thought it was perfectly fine to be moved to First Class since I've been moved to Business a couple times.
Old 2012-04-05, 02:32   Link #15
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Yay, I'm so glad that this page is alive!!
I'm so glad I'm not the only one who cares!!

Love Is Everywhere:

Take that negativity and cynicism!! One for Love and Hope!!
Old 2012-04-05, 02:40   Link #16
HasuMasu
*Artist

^ Oh, I saw that ice-like on Mark's wall earlier--way cool.
Old 2012-04-05, 03:01   Link #17
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detective-san View Post
I feel you, bro.

On another note, I thought it was perfectly fine to be moved to First Class since I've been moved to Business a couple times.
Gays can be fun people too :

Quote:
I once was on a plane where I was served by an obviously homosexual male flight attendant. At one point, he bounced over to where I was sitting and announced, "The Captain has asked me to announce that he will be landing the big scary plane shortly, so if you could just put up your trays that would be great."

I did as he had instructed, but the woman sitting next to me did not. A few moments later, our flight attendant came back and said to her, "Ma'am, perhaps you couldn't hear me over the big scary engine, but I asked you to please put up your tray so that the captain can land the plane."

She still wouldn't comply. Now the attendant was getting rather angry and asked her again to put up the tray. She then calmly turned to him and said, "In my country, I am called a princess. I take orders from no one."

Our flight attendant replied, "Oh yeah? Well in MY country, I'm called a queen, and I outrank you, bitch! So put the tray up!"

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-05, 11:40   Link #18
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Old 2012-04-06, 09:39   Link #19
MUAHAHAHAHAHA

My positive moment of the day:

I wanted to eat eggs for breakfast, but I ran out of it, so I was in despair (i seriously can't survive without eggs!). My friend gave me her whole pack of eggs, so I was no longer in despair. Yeay!!! I will be sure to repay her kindness~

Old 2012-04-07, 07:18   Link #20
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Something positive without any wit, irony or sarcasm