AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kanon

Notices

View Poll Results: Kanon - 2006 - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 30 25.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 53 45.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 19.83%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 7.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.86%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-12-31, 05:15   Link #81
Pakxenon
popcorn

Try Hard with your Uguu~ Power!

Lots of mysteries presented in this episode. Intrigues me for the next episode. Every week is so looooooooong. 8/10.
Old 2006-12-31, 06:33   Link #82
qwerty4

mai's story starts to uncover. Hints like the 'special' someone from years back. Oooo i do love mai's arc. Anyway episode 14 should be a good one, in the preview Sayuri goes to the school.

Spoiler for Preview of 14:
Old 2006-12-31, 06:42   Link #83
hirone
SOS ni Youkoso!?

"Three years ago..." OH SHI-
Old 2006-12-31, 06:54   Link #84
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Ep 13

"Use your Uguu Power!"

Shiori wore a different dress = <3. What she said was obviously a lie, how can the sharp minded Yuuichi believe her? Oh right, does anyone know what's that piano BGM that plays in this scene? Is it Shiori theme? It's quite beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliensporebomb View Post
Did anyone find it surprising during Y1's outburst that he more or less confessed to Mai?

He's been uber supportive (and alternately teasing) to the various girls he hangs out with but that really had me surprised.
Exactly my thought! In the preview for next episode Mai says "I love you"... is it for Yuuichi? So then she's the one? Ahhh~

This episode was yet again full of hints. I really enjoy watching this anime.
Old 2006-12-31, 08:31   Link #85
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoto View Post
New AIR product placement this week:

Great stuff Minoto! I envy people who can spot this kind of stuff...

I managed to spot just one in episode 11 with the books.
Old 2006-12-31, 08:57   Link #86
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilith View Post
Ep 13

What she said was obviously a lie, how can the sharp minded Yuuichi believe her?
Look closely at Yuuichi's face right after.

I don't know about most people, but to me it looks like he doesn't buy her explanation at all, or at least is dubious about it.

As for Yuuichi's 'confession', I would agree with what people have said here, but considering he tacked on Sayuri's name in the same phrase, I find it hard to believe its a romantic confession. One of the reasons why I learned to hate the word 'suki' over my anime watching years; it's just too darn ambiguous. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-12-31, 09:05   Link #87
Merridew

Well, from the subs SS-Eclipse had, I guess he was saying that he really liked the time he spent with Mai and Sayuri.
Old 2006-12-31, 09:10   Link #88
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
About Nayuki (first-timers avoid, devil doll might be interested in these notions):
Spoiler:
Shame, shame shame.

Spoiler:

I really don't think that it was a romantic confession either, especially with Sayuri's name being mentioned in the same sentence. More like "I love you as a friend and care about what happens to you despite you acting like this." sort of a deal imo.

Totally doubt that Mai is confessing to Yuichi since she hasn't had much time with him. I'm betting it's Sayuri but it's not romantic either imo.
Old 2006-12-31, 11:29   Link #89
Devil Doll
My name? But my name is..

Yuuichi treating Ayu as his girlfriend feels quite awkward in Kanon 2006, with Ayu looking even younger than she did in Kanon 2002, and Yuuichi looking so much older.
Acting this manly he should actually go for Mai (yes, a senpai!) instead - it would make more sense to me. I agree it wasn't a romantic confession; then again Yuuichi has invested a lot of time and effort in the "Mai Project" already, and we can see the first effects by Mai opening up a little bit. Kanon 2002 gave us a reason why Yuuichi wouldn't actively look for a girlfriend - Kanon 2006 did not.

At this point of the show Mai is my favourite character of Kanon 2006. Nayuki is fully asleep, Ayu is too childish (and her "date" was at the wrong moment in the series), Shiori is too imouto (but better than in Kanon 2002), Sayuri is basically Mai's cute add-on so far (as Kitagawa's stunt has cost her a chance to shine). Sayuri believing each and every word Yuuichi says is getting on my nerves now; she needs to grow in the forthcoming episodes.

It's a shame how (again) Mishio is forgotten. She had the potential of growing into a great role of being a long-term friend of Yuuichi at least, but...
Spoiler for First rule of the Kanoniverse:
Old 2006-12-31, 11:35   Link #90
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Look closely at Yuuichi's face right after.

I don't know about most people, but to me it looks like he doesn't buy her explanation at all, or at least is dubious about it.
Yuuichi obviously has doubts, but decides not to pursue the matter any further until either Kaori or Shiori decides to reveal more facts to him themselves. He's the sort of nice person that doesn't push people for the stuff as long as it's not really urgent, realizing they probably have reasons for not telling him.

Quote:
As for Yuuichi's 'confession', I would agree with what people have said here, but considering he tacked on Sayuri's name in the same phrase, I find it hard to believe its a romantic confession. One of the reasons why I learned to hate the word 'suki' over my anime watching years; it's just too darn ambiguous. XD
Yes, "suki" can be a very ambiguous word. The closest English equivalent would have to be "like", (e.g. I like my mom, or I like Nayuki a lot. ) But even that's not definite enough. This allows writers to make their characters feelings as ambiguous as possible and can still be open to all sorts of interpretations.

A more exact, less ambiguous phrase would be "aishiteru" but it's just not as subtle and elegant as "suki".
Old 2006-12-31, 12:00   Link #91
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Thanks DragoonKain3 and Kinny Riddle, I see your point now. Should've known better since it's Yuuichi we're talking about.
Old 2006-12-31, 12:11   Link #92
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

In no point do I feel that current Yuuichi is treating Ayu as his girlfriend. I really don't know where people get this idea at all. I guess it must be the pre-conception that Ayu is the "heroine" therefore Yuuichi must feel romantically involved with her? So far, nothing Yuuichi does so far is even remotely close to being a romantic advancement. So what if he treats Ayu taiyaki, he's been treating *everyone* with food, Makoto, Shiori, Mai, and even Nayuki got treated at one stage or another. Heck I would say young Yuuichi treats young Ayu more as a girlfriend than the current Yuuichi does. All Yuuichi currently is doing is treating Ayu as merely a childhood friend whom he hasn't meet for a long time. The movie date feels fine as it is because it wasn't romantic in nature and Yuuichi didn't even make any moves there, least not forget that he only went because *Ayu* invited him, and not the otherway around, and he accepted as a friendly gesture. Plus the teasing was friendly in nature. It was a friendly movie date, nothing more.
Old 2006-12-31, 13:03   Link #93
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

Nobody noticed the piano BGM for the Shiori scene? It was great, IMO.
Old 2006-12-31, 13:17   Link #94
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
Thanks for ignoring my post.

LOL kidding. I think it was great, too~ I'm still wondering if it's Shiori's theme (it seems there's a specific BGM when each girl appears), maybe it's time to go to the music thread hehe.

And I agree with houkoholic about Yuuichi not treating Ayu as his girlfirend. While it's true that I get strong vibes of Ayu being the heroine, I have doubts as strong as them that she's the one and don't think that Yuuichi treats Ayu any special (he feeds her and tease her like everyone else XD).
Old 2006-12-31, 13:21   Link #95
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Soulblade View Post
I mentioned it, on page 3... and several others did too, earlier than me.

Narf.
Old 2006-12-31, 14:20   Link #96
New/Old
Old to the New

I'll restate the answer for convenience sake then.

That would be the piano version of "Pure Snows". Although not Shiori's song as that is "Behind the Smile" which played perhaps last episode or some episodes before (I think it played when they ate ice cream), it has been used in this series during Shiori's scenes a lot. The orginal song itself has been a favorite of mine... It reminds me of the snowy days where I come from.
Old 2006-12-31, 14:36   Link #97
Matt Soulblade
1000 times better

The truth is that I didnt read the other pages I generally do, when I get to see the ep quickly after the release but I had to wait this time.
Im SO getting the OST
Old 2006-12-31, 14:57   Link #98
Jaruromania

Quote:
Originally Posted by New/Old View Post
I'll restate the answer for convenience sake then.

That would be the piano version of "Pure Snows". Although not Shiori's song as that is "Behind the Smile" which played perhaps last episode or some episodes before (I think it played when they ate ice cream), it has been used in this series during Shiori's scenes a lot. The orginal song itself has been a favorite of mine... It reminds me of the snowy days where I come from.
Yeah, that's my favorite Kanon song too, and probably the closest to sounding like the air songs. I think the piano remix is something KyoAni did on their own. It's not on the soundtrack nor was it anywhere in the game.

I think every episodes Pure Snows has been somewhere - It was used during the Nayuki + fox scene in episode 1, a few Shiori scenes, I think an Ayu scene on the veranda, and in the game at least, several scenes when Yuuichi visits Mai at night. Although, during the Mai scenes, Omen usually follows immediately after...
Old 2006-12-31, 15:02   Link #99
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

So far.. the closest to "romance" Yuuichi has been with anyone is:
1) a movie date with Ayu
2) the dance with Mai
3) His banter with Shiori
possibly a few others... most of his actions having been about *caring* about others. The term "suki" is even more overloaded a term as "love" is in english. Though I"m a Mai fan, I can't really call his shout in the hall a confession of any sort... more like an expression that others care about her.

(more later, dinner prep intervenes)
Old 2006-12-31, 16:11   Link #100
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well so far i havent detected any romance comming from yuuichi...yet ~

its his "caring" nature that leads some to believe that he is infact having feelings for someone like mai for example...may look like he has feelings for her (the way he is always helping her out) but in reality he just doesnt like to leave a "damsel in distress" ~ so really hes only too kind when it is really needed in his opinion...i mean look at what happened to makoto...he was mean as hell when treating her at first...but he changed knowing her situation and to the end it showed that he is really quite an emotional guy

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Closed Thread