AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2019-07-01, 01:20   Link #5141
Lnlover

Thanks for illlus )) and damn Yo became a fine lady... so cute.

Last edited by Lnlover; 2019-07-02 at 05:28.
Lnlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-23, 19:00   Link #5142
Drcl972

So... what about spoilers? I really want to know what happened in vol. 5,6 and 7 of Last Embryo. Perhaps, have you guys already found the spoilers in some other site, and that's why no one is posting them here lately?
Drcl972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-31, 19:36   Link #5143
Sakamaki Izayoi

Old 2020-05-31, 19:57   Link #5144
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

I was just wondering why I hadn't heard of a new volume recently. It looks nice.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 02:44   Link #5145
Golden Lily

Izayoi is looking like a snack there.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-06-01, 13:09   Link #5146
tsunade666

badass cover.
Old 2020-06-02, 14:02   Link #5147
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

He looks so cool~
Old 2020-06-26, 09:39   Link #5148
Golden Lily

Sorry to bump this with such a bad news, but...according to afterword of volume 8, Sensei will be postponing Last Embryo indefinitely. From what I can see this's mainly the result of HORRIBLE editorial department at Sneaker. The draft was actually finished in the last year's October, but for some reason they're kept him waiting for over a year. The stress from this reflected on his body and mind (he even collapsed at one point).

As such he decided to distance himself from Last Embryo and postpone it.
Old 2020-06-26, 10:25   Link #5149
tsunade666

ugh, reminds me of a certain isekai serious in overlap that i've been waiting for long and even checking its release for every month but just to be delayed another month. now that story is also in hiatus with no further news on when will the new release will be. though, I partially blame the illustrator there but the publisher didn't clear if its really a awol illustrator again for that series.
Old 2020-06-27, 03:42   Link #5150
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Sorry to bump this with such a bad news, but...according to afterword of volume 8, Sensei will be postponing Last Embryo indefinitely. From what I can see this's mainly the result of HORRIBLE editorial department at Sneaker. The draft was actually finished in the last year's October, but for some reason they're kept him waiting for over a year. The stress from this reflected on his body and mind (he even collapsed at one point).

As such he decided to distance himself from Last Embryo and postpone it.
Damn it, haven't bought that one yet so haven't read that and don't know the details, but that doesn't look good >_<.
I don't mind the author taking some time for health issues, it's normal; but I 've seen too many stories that have never recovered (as in, the author never went back to writing the story regularly afterwards) properly again after a big initial hiatus. hope this one won't follow that trend :/.
Old 2020-06-27, 05:27   Link #5151
Golden Lily

I've found screenshot of that if someone is interested
https://i.imgur.com/6Bnb6YF.jpg
Old 2020-06-27, 05:38   Link #5152
Zefyris
図書館狼

oooh... that's really not good.

Pointing out that they way the author phrase it he doesn't actually point fingers towards sneaker bunko being at fault. Lots of unfortunate circumstances just piled up one after another (I wonder if covid is one of those). He even says that he ended up causing lots of trouble for sneaker bunko and his family.

But more importantly, the way he says this... We may indeed never see that story ended properly. Even if we get a end after a while, it may just be an end for the sake of ending it rather than what the author originally planned to do.
Old 2020-06-27, 05:47   Link #5153
Golden Lily

As for Sneaker, I think it's just him being humble. The fact remains editorial department took their sweet time with it.

But yeah, now that I'm reading it myself it's looking even worse. And I think it should be obvious but Million Crown is also part of Mondaiji Series, so this one is most likely on hold too.
Which sucks because these two are pretty much the only LNs I read.
Old 2020-07-10, 19:11   Link #5154
Frozen
海千山千

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
oooh... that's really not good.

Pointing out that they way the author phrase it he doesn't actually point fingers towards sneaker bunko being at fault. Lots of unfortunate circumstances just piled up one after another (I wonder if covid is one of those). He even says that he ended up causing lots of trouble for sneaker bunko and his family.

But more importantly, the way he says this... We may indeed never see that story ended properly. Even if we get a end after a while, it may just be an end for the sake of ending it rather than what the author originally planned to do.

He was quite clearly pissed at Sneaker Bunko on twitter, actually, so I still blame them for making him lose motivation.
here's the thing in question (read from bottom to top): https://i.imgur.com/s4jy7MI.png

As for the afterword, the last two sentences tell me that he may very well start publishing it on kakuyomu like he does with the side stories.

Oh, and here's the illustrations of V8 while I'm at it: https://imgur.com/a/zvwNJlp
They used previous illustrations for inserts, but at least we got some colored ones.

Last edited by LKK; 2020-07-10 at 20:31. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 03:56   Link #5155
Zefyris
図書館狼

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFrozenX View Post
He was quite clearly pissed at Sneaker Bunko on twitter, actually, so I still blame them for making him lose motivation.
here's the thing in question (read from bottom to top): https://i.imgur.com/s4jy7MI.png

As for the afterword, the last two sentences tell me that he may very well start publishing it on kakuyomu like he does with the side stories.

Oh, and here's the illustrations of V8 while I'm at it: https://imgur.com/a/zvwNJlp
They used previous illustrations for inserts, but at least we got some colored ones.
yeah, the tweets are very clear... I wonder if it was a problem with the illustrator then? Since even after making wait that much they don't have b&w illustrations.
Old 2020-07-11, 04:28   Link #5156
Golden Lily

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFrozenX View Post
Can you even monetize content on kakuyomu? All side stories are for free.
He might use enty/fantia/patreon.

Hypothetically speaking, if he does change publisher then will he start from the beginning or can he continue from the latest volume?
Old 2020-07-11, 06:45   Link #5157
Frozen
海千山千

Quote:
yeah, the tweets are very clear... I wonder if it was a problem with the illustrator then? Since even after making wait that much they don't have b&w illustrations.
I don't think so since momoco has been quite active with her own drawings and stuff. I think it's more that they didn't commission the images from her to save costs (she is one of the most popular illustrators so I imagine the commissions must be appropriately high). And, it's not just mondaiji, Sneaker has problems with other novels too, most likely because of corona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Can you even monetize content on kakuyomu? All side stories are for free.
He might use enty/fantia/patreon.

Hypothetically speaking, if he does change publisher then will he start from the beginning or can he continue from the latest volume?

I don't think you can monetize it, not sure, though. He could open a fanbox or patreon, yeah.

As for switching publishers, it depends on the current contract I guess. I've seen novels jump from one pup to another without reboot, but that's usually the case, yeah.

Also, some spoilers about V8 from my discord (mostly JP review TLs):
Spoiler for V8:
Old 2020-07-13, 08:16   Link #5158
Frozen
海千山千

here's the formal announcement from the author on twitter.

Spoiler for TL:
Old 2020-07-14, 07:18   Link #5159
Zefyris
図書館狼

Welp, RIP last embryo.
Gosh so many of the series I follow are interrupted or on hiatus... :[
At least this one is official so we're not left wondering if something is finally going to come next month, I appreciate that.
Old 2020-07-14, 10:11   Link #5160
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Welp, RIP last embryo.
Gosh so many of the series I follow are interrupted or on hiatus... :[
At least this one is official so we're not left wondering if something is finally going to come next month, I appreciate that.
Yeah, I can appreciate that. I'm still waiting on Saihate and Rokka to get updated

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alternate world, sneaker bunko