AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-12-29, 12:43   Link #3761
susyia

nonono duo jr around 15/16..... so Duo Father may had become a daddy in his 28..30.. i think
susyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 15:06   Link #3762
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
I'm at work, but according to the timeline: MC-0001 = AC-187 (given that there is an AC date right below it). So that means MC-0022 = AC-211
So... then it's been 15-16 Earth years since EW? That makes no sense when you look at Jr. and the Peacecraft twins. :/ How are you getting your calculation there from just a starting point? Are you accounting for the x2 calculation on Earth to Mars years? In that case it would make much more sense, at about 30+ Earth years.

Mars year = ~2 Earth years
22 x 2= 44

So about 44 some odd Earth years.

..Unless the timeline also gave a definitive AC date for MC0022 NEXT WINTER?
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:20   Link #3763
Eeni

Quote:
I'm at work, but according to the timeline: MC-0001 = AC-187 (given that there is an AC date right below it). So that means MC-0022 = AC-211
It doesn't matter how you look at it, this timeline is flawed.

Let's say it isn't flawed, that would mean that it's only been 16 years since AC 195, meaning that the original pilots are only 31 years old in AC 211 (MC 0022).
Duo jr. is 15 years old, which means heMUST have been born in AC 196 (and possibly before Mariemaia's uprising during Christmas), making Duo a 16 year old guy.

I don't think I've ever seen so much nonsense in so little space. -FalsePrime

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Eeni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 16:43   Link #3764
Kitsoru

I should clarify- I mean it's been 44 Earth years since AC187. Which means.. 35 years since AC196, which would place the pilots at their late 40's early 50's? Or am I math-ing wrong again 9_6

But that at least makes more sense than everyone having babies right at the end of EW.
Old 2011-12-29, 17:47   Link #3765
Aldaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeni View Post
It doesn't matter how you look at it, this timeline is flawed.

Let's say it isn't flawed, that would mean that it's only been 16 years since AC 195, meaning that the original pilots are only 31 years old in AC 211 (MC 0022).
Duo jr. is 15 years old, which means heMUST have been born in AC 196 (and possibly before Mariemaia's uprising during Christmas), making Duo a 16 year old guy.
Or there is the possibility that he could truly not be Duo/Hilde's son and just a look alike orphan. Though with all the evidence at this point, is highly unlikely.
Aldaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 20:28   Link #3766
Eeni

Alright, I'm home, have food in my belly, and am comfy in front of the computer. Let's figure this out together!

First of all, MC 0022 ≠ AC 211. EVER! Why? 2 calculations that I worked out:

EXAMPLE A
Let's go with 1 Mars year = roughly 2 Earth years
The year is now MC 0022, thus 44 earth years have passed (22 x 2 = 44).
AC 187 + 44 years = 231
SOOOOOO, the year is actually AC 231.
MC 0022 = AC 231, NOT AC 211
It's been 36 years since AC 195; If the boys were 15 in AC 195, then they are now 51 years old.
The present year is MC 0022 (AC 231), We know that Duo Jr. is 15 years old, meaning he was born in AC 216. If Duo & Hilde are in fact the parents, that means that they were 36 when Jr. came about, making the whole Jr. might be Hilde & Duo's much more plausible.

EXAMPLE B
1 Mars years = 1.8808 Julian/Earth years (I looked it up); Let's just work with 1.88
22 mars years x 1.88 earth years = 41.36 years
AC 187 + 41 years = AC 228
MC 0022 = AC 228
This calculation makes our pilots 48 years old in the present MC 0022.
According to this, Duo Jr. was born in AC 213, making Duo 33 years old. Still old enough to make him and Hilde the plausible parents.

Does this make sense? Can anyone refute me here? If this is actually correct, can we go with this?
P.S. I will be back later to figure more stuff out, so bare with me for a day or two ^_^

Stone Age man attempted to draw movement on cave walls by drawing mammoths with multiple legs. The artists worked until their eyes went bad, they got no pay, no credit, and they were eventually eaten by wild animals. Animation was born! - Tom Sito

And as the Black Beast lurched forward, escape for Arthur and his knights seemed hopeless, when suddenly, the animator suffered a fatal heart attack! The cartoon peril was no more. The quest for the Holy Grail could continue. - Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-12-30 at 23:04.
Old 2011-12-29, 22:37   Link #3767
Kitsoru

Thaaaank you Eeni! I am terrible with math, but I knew it was something like that :U

Since Example B is the exact calculation, that sounds like it would be about right! And in that case Catherine Bloom would be about 50 and Noin and Zechs would be about 52-53? And Naina and Milou would have been born when they were about 30.
Old 2011-12-29, 23:01   Link #3768
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
*laughs* I made a boo boo. AC-182 is when it starts! Herp derp.

Frozen Teardrop Vol.05 goes on sale 02.25.2012
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.

Last edited by Deacon Blues; 2011-12-29 at 23:21.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 23:20   Link #3769
Kitsoru

Sssso then it's AC 223 and it's been 27 years, right? Making the pilots ~43, Catherine Bloom ~45, and Noin and Zechs ~47.

Makes much more sense, from what we've all seen.
Old 2011-12-30, 09:22   Link #3770
Mareike

@Eeni:

My computation is similar with yours, only with Naina's supposed age (7) in MC0017 First Winter as my basis - making Zechs and Noin somewhere around 28-30 when they had her and Milou. Plus/minus years to compute for the rest.

Quote:

Frozen Teardrop Vol.05 goes on sale 02.25.2012
As much as I don't want them to be that old, this would make more sense! xD Gah. We need pictures of the cast! ;A;
Mareike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 13:20   Link #3771
Kitsoru

Hmm, question. Would AC 223 be MC0022 FIRST or NEXT seasons?
Old 2011-12-30, 14:24   Link #3772
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Thaaaank you Eeni! I am terrible with math, but I knew it was something like that :U
Ya... someone should really try and find a flaw with my system, I've failed my College Algebra class twice now

Quote:
ALRIGHT! Regardless of the info, whatever is printed in the magazine is wrong. MC 0022 is AC 223 and not 211 (it's a 12 years difference), making our original pilots 43 years old, like Kitsoru said. But thank you Deacon, this makes ages much more believable for FT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Hmm, question. Would AC 223 be MC0022 FIRST or NEXT seasons?
Glad you asked! This was exactly what I was looking into in order to figure out dates for FT. Being the insomniac that I am, I looked up possible calendars to be used for keeping time relevant between Earth and Mars. The most predominant one that I ran into is the Darian Calender http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darian_calendar. Its simple, with even numbers, and makes everything so pretty and easy to use.

A Martian year is 668 days. Using the Darian Calender, the year is divided into 24 months consisting of 28 days each, every 6th month has 27 days, and every decade we get a leap year, adding an extra day onto the last month of the year (just don't know if thats every Earth or Martian decade). Anyways, reading up about how seasons actually occur on Mars left me utterly confused. So for the sake of keeping things simple I just decided to divide the 8 seasons from FT into the 24 month period, getting 3 months per season.

Meaning that MC 0022 would look something like:
1st spring............ Jan.- March AC 223
1st summer.......... April- June AC 223
1st autumn.......... July- Sept. AC 223
1st winter........... Oct.- Dec. AC 223
next spring.......... Jan.- March AC 224
next summer........ April- June AC 224
next autumn........ July- Sept. AC 224
next winter.......... Oct.- Dec.AC 224

SOOOOOOOO, MC 0022 Next Winter would be sometime between Oct.- Dec. of AC 224. At least this is what makes sense to me.

Now for lunch!

Last edited by Eeni; 2011-12-30 at 14:37.
Old 2011-12-30, 14:43   Link #3773
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Spoiler for the first page of the timeline I translated::

And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2011-12-30, 14:59   Link #3774
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

just to remember

when is end of Endless waltz?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 18:04   Link #3775
Tendou Souji

Endless Waltz was in 196 but ended new years 197.

How many pages is the timeline? We needed something like this from the start to make sense of everything.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 18:11   Link #3776
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
just to remember

when is end of Endless waltz?
AC 196, bordering on AC 197.

I have to say, I'm quite amused. In the end, the initial blurbs that FT takes place 30 years after EW were pretty spot on, huh? Also thanks for the calculations Eeni! Last time I tried my hand at them, it resulted in quite a mess and quite a headache.

And Kit, I'm sorry, the concierge pics are all jumbled up, so I can't really tell you what's where from but the b/w pic of Phobos and Quatrine is from chap 15. My Chinese and Japanese may be crap but I think I spot a '15' above the logo and a 'V' underneath it (chap 14 was "something something IV"). Hope that helps.
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-30, 23:03   Link #3777
Eeni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
Endless Waltz was in 196 but ended new years 197.

How many pages is the timeline? We needed something like this from the start to make sense of everything.
I thought it ended a few days before New Years... because I think Relena was kidnapped on either Christmas Eve or Christmas day.

You're welcomed Ikuze, it was indeed a messy thing. That was like the 4th time I tried and realized that a calendar of sorts already does exist!

Old 2011-12-30, 23:07   Link #3778
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

The final event we are aware of in the After Colony timeline takes place on Relena's Birthday, April 8th AC-197. Endless Waltz was right around Christmas AC-196.

Old 2011-12-31, 06:52   Link #3779
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Preventer 5? I never considered that canon for some reason.

By the way, I just read through vol. 2 of GoL and uh... did Marquis Weridge really tell Relena to her face that she looks like her real mom Katrina while Mr. Darlian is standing right beside her???
Unless Mrs. Darlian is called Katrina, too, that's one heck of a blooper. More so than the iron bar running through the circus lion's head or Wu Fei's ever disappearing wristbands. xD
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 14:19   Link #3780
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Of course Mrs. Darlian is named Katrina. Half the damn females in the entire franchise since Frozen Teardrop came out are named "Katherine" or some variation of. >.>

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing