AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-07, 01:47   Link #21
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Spoiler:

Last edited by Kazamachi Shogen; 2012-07-07 at 02:01.
Old 2012-07-07, 08:06   Link #22
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Memory loss:
Old 2012-07-07, 09:38   Link #23
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
No, it's far from the halfway point. There's 11 Light Novels out, and we've only reached Volume 3, I think;
My point is that any sort of real stake should have been introduced in Volume 1.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Old 2012-07-07, 23:10   Link #24
Dr. Casey

btw Flawnalyst, whenever Haruyuki reads this thread about 35 years in the future after a long day of being bullied, I bet he'll cry when he reads about how you don't like him

hope you feel proud of yourself, meanie
Old 2012-07-08, 00:38   Link #25
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
btw Flawnalyst, whenever Haruyuki reads this thread about 35 years in the future after a long day of being bullied, I bet he'll cry when he reads about how you don't like him

hope you feel proud of yourself, meanie
Hahaha . Should have been put in a different anime, Haru. If you were in Battle Royale or Game of Thrones, I would probably like you, because people would actually be trying to kill you. But no, you had to be the main of an anime where the main goal is to protect a power that was given to you at no cost, has no real stakes (except for one that should have been introduced way earlier and doesn't really make any sense) and the most I've ever seen it used for is to cheat on tests and sports with only that one actual usage in Episode 4. Seriously, are you surprised I don't like the guy?

By the way, I have never liked, nor respected, bullies in anime, so I can't see their presence as an actual threat for Haru. They're always too cartoonish, too idiotic, and too stupid to be taken seriously. And yet anime wants us to take them seriously? Fuck them!

Old 2012-07-08, 09:54   Link #26
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
Hahaha . Should have been put in a different anime, Haru. If you were in Battle Royale or Game of Thrones, I would probably like you, because people would actually be trying to kill you. But no, you had to be the main of an anime where the main goal is to protect a power that was given to you at no cost, has no real stakes (except for one that should have been introduced way earlier and doesn't really make any sense) and the most I've ever seen it used for is to cheat on tests and sports with only that one actual usage in Episode 4. Seriously, are you surprised I don't like the guy?
Well, Haru's "stakes" is about not letting down the dream girl that loves him and who has the end-goal of hitting Level 10 to find out the big secret behind the game. I can respect Haru's drive and determination in refusing to let down Kuro. It is kind of cute and touching, imo.

Quote:
By the way, I have never liked, nor respected, bullies in anime, so I can't see their presence as an actual threat for Haru. They're always too cartoonish, too idiotic, and too stupid to be taken seriously. And yet anime wants us to take them seriously? Fuck them!
Have you ever watched Shigofumi: Letters From the Departed? It has one episode that I found very chilling. It was all about bullies. It was Episode 6 of it, IIRC.
Old 2012-07-08, 10:12   Link #27
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Well, Haru's "stakes" is about not letting down the dream girl that loves him and who has the end-goal of hitting Level 10 to find out the big secret behind the game.
I could nitpick all day on why I think that's a poor motivation and that it's just lazy wish fulfillment, but I won't. Already got my ass whooped for why I don't think Fate/Zero had good animation.

Quote:
Have you ever watched Shigofumi: Letters From the Departed? It has one episode that I found very chilling. It was all about bullies. It was Episode 6 of it, IIRC.
I haven't watched Shigofumi, but I did see some of that episode and am aware of how shocking it was to the Japanese public. It was better than Hell Girl's cartoonish bullies at the very least.

Last edited by Flawfinder; 2012-07-08 at 13:29.
Old 2012-07-08, 11:34   Link #28
Setsuna Asuka

Sure is hipster in here...
Old 2012-07-18, 20:19   Link #29
churchblue
Banned

What do we know about Haruyuki's dad?
Old 2012-07-19, 00:11   Link #30
GundamZZ
残念美人

His dad's information suggests that when a serialized story gets longer, nothing is coincidence. Since both parents are missing from the show, the most likely attribute is he probably smoke cigar and he has mechanical arm called psychogun.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust
Old 2012-07-19, 12:46   Link #31
EccentricSwordser

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
His dad's information suggests that when a serialized story gets longer, nothing is coincidence. Since both parents are missing from the show, the most likely attribute is he probably smoke cigar and he has mechanical arm called psychogun.

What? I have no idea where you got this info.
Old 2012-07-20, 17:08   Link #32
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamZZ View Post
His mother is mentioned briefly the day after he installed Brain Burst. She sent him some money, which led to him fighting Ash Roller.
She also left Haru voice mail twice when Niko faked being his cousin and her colleagues daughter/relative (which could be true).

It's not like she is missing from the show, she is raising Haru alone and divorced her husband (or so I read), so she is rather busy. She didn't notice Haru was being bullied nor did he talk to her about it though.
Old 2012-07-22, 23:45   Link #33
Meltyred

About Haru's pig avatar, I think it actually fits him.
It's like how people normally look down on pigs, but in truth pigs are much smarter then normally thought of.
Oddly fitting, and makes looking at him bearable.
Old 2012-07-23, 04:37   Link #34
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
About Haru's pig avatar, I think it actually fits him.
It's like how people normally look down on pigs, but in truth pigs are much smarter then normally thought of.
Oddly fitting, and makes looking at him bearable.
Which doesn't explain why he couldn't be a badass Warthog
Old 2012-07-24, 04:06   Link #35
ak4allz
NightlyArt

I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I think when Haruyuki wear the NerveGear and suddenly after looking at the mirror, bazinga! the only short-fat-little boy with sword in the Aincrad.
Old 2012-07-24, 05:56   Link #36
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ak4allz View Post
I couldn't stop myself from laughing as I think when Haruyuki wear the NerveGear and suddenly after looking at the mirror, bazinga! the only short-fat-little boy with sword in the Aincrad.
Question is, would he have still attracted a harem
Old 2012-07-24, 06:25   Link #37
Meltyred

He would have, and the final boss would turn out to be a boar.
Old 2012-07-24, 09:59   Link #38
ak4allz
NightlyArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltyred View Post
He would have, and the final boss would turn out to be a boar.
Great, he will fight his own big brother soon....

@Awrya : Still good-to-be one if he can fly..... or lift up a vTwin superbike in a fight. haha~~
Old 2012-07-26, 19:29   Link #39
churchblue
Banned

Won't throw away the possibility of his dad involve with AW somehow.
Old 2012-07-29, 12:17   Link #40
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awrya View Post
Spoiler for Memory loss:
Spoiler for Memory:
Closed Thread

Tags
characters