AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2006-06-10, 09:27   Link #401
shiky0

I've tried Kanon and AIR, but I've beaten Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien(favorite)
shiky0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-11, 05:32   Link #402
martino
makes no files now

Is KGNE in english?
Old 2006-06-11, 05:55   Link #403
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino
Is KGNE in english?
No, and likely 99% of the titles mentioned here never will. (-。-; )

Shinova~ /H will work, the problem is finding the right address for the hook process. 夜明け前より瑠璃色な uses the same BGI engine, but the user hook for that (/HA68@4057F0) doesn't seem to produce results. I mailed setx the exe file so he can take a look at it.
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 10:26   Link #404
DaFool
Resident devil

I've just decided to finally complete all the endings to Crescendo. Finally will get to unlock that secret character. I am amazed at how replayable this game is, even after reading through 12+ hours worth of scenarios. I kick myself for taking too long to get around to this, as this title has been out for a long time already.

Usually an English erogame is mundane enough that I'm satisfied with one-two main storybranch good endings.

ed: completed ALL endings to the game, both bad and good. Got all scenes and all CGs save one. Wow.

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-06-15 at 21:08.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-12, 13:01   Link #405
zeeke
I will eat your cookies!!

Send a message via ICQ to zeeke Send a message via MSN to zeeke
okayso now i finishd downloading brutish mine. so far. its in my top toplist ^^
zeeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-13, 00:33   Link #406
bluemist
i am the mist

Thanks to DC II and the "whoa surprise!" partial translation for DCPC, I'm completely surrounded in Da Capo fever.

I'd better ride this wave fast before Summer Days arrives, or else I won't have the urge to play more scenarios.
Old 2006-06-15, 21:00   Link #407
DaFool
Resident devil

I'm now playing the space between ~white labyrinth~ (karekare) (http://www.insani.org/karekare.html)

I'm not sure if its ero, since even though its just a demo, it's supposedly 1/2 of the story and I've only just begun. But here's why I like it...you play the role of a girl who's falling in love with a kendo captain. I'm loving it already because it plays in typical shoujo fashion, with "Wataru-kun...suki!", "What is he thinking right now?", "OMG they look so pretty!" and glompings galore. Well the story narration is not exactly groundbreaking, but its pretty concise and not dull unlike some of the fetish-based interaction I've gotten used to and I was sort of expecting.

I think this is a girls' visual novel, I was taken aback by the first scene of potential love interest and was thinking "hmmm please don't let this be a BL story" (I couldn't really tell the gender of my main character from the name alone), so when it finally dawned on me when others were calling me "Mizuho-chan", I was like hell yeah I am a heterosexual female!

Okay, back to playing.

------------------------------

The nice challenge here is the indirect method of getting the boy you like. Whereas in male-protagonist game would look like this:

Go to Ayame's Room
Go to Reika's Room
Go to Miaka's Room

Here the choices are more unpredictable and thus more fun:

Pull a blanket over Wataru-kun
Go downstairs
Spoiler:

Now I like these choices:

It's all Wataru-kun's fault ("Wataru-kun no baaaaka!")
It's all Kakeru-kun's fault

The trick now is how to fend off the playboy while figuring out how to make your love interest grow a backbone and state his interest in you. Which got me thinking, male-protagonist games are too direct and too easy....it would be great if they had some actual competition so that a new choice appears, for example something like this:

Beat the crap out of your best friend so he doesn't touch your lady.

Anyways, this is becoming highly replayable, since I cannot predict how situations will turn out, having only indirect but not direct means of accomplishing them. I appreciate now how much easier it is being a dude.

Last edited by DaFool; 2006-06-16 at 12:16.
DaFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-18, 12:20   Link #408
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Found a Fan Made H-Game MTV feat. School Days' Let Me Love You
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 04:49   Link #409
Cloudnine
ロリ is life~

@Shinova

I figured out the /H address for H2O - /HA8@4151B0

This should hook all the text for the game. Use /KS1 if necessary.

That's it for me today.... -_- zZz (no more debugging...)
Cloudnine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 07:06   Link #410
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

The Da Capo games, notably DCPC, DCSV, and DCII
Sailor Enlil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-27, 20:02   Link #411
Dark Lord Zenigame
ロリコン

Send a message via AIM to Dark Lord Zenigame
Well, I've been playing Kanojotachi no Ryuugi since it came in the mail yesterday... it's really good.

And anything that has random references to Saint Seiya automatically wins. XD
Dark Lord Zenigame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 15:51   Link #412
bishounen_blue

Has anyone heard anything about a possible rereleased of Utawarerumono on PC? I've always loved that game, but having no voices is a real shame. Now there is an upgraded, voiced PS2 version coming out to accompany the anime. I think it would be wonderful if they'd release an upgraded, voiced ero version for PC.
bishounen_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 16:24   Link #413
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishounen_blue
Has anyone heard anything about a possible rereleased of Utawarerumono on PC? I've always loved that game, but having no voices is a real shame. Now there is an upgraded, voiced PS2 version coming out to accompany the anime. I think it would be wonderful if they'd release an upgraded, voiced ero version for PC.
Highly unlikely if the cast for the game is the same as in the anime since virtually none of the VAs do ero roles. There could be a report of the PS2 game to an all ages version for PC. But not an adult version, unless Leaf hires a new completely new set of VAs and records a new set of voicing. Which would be rather suprising.

Then again, if the PS2 version virtually is the PC version with stripped sex scenes and doesn't have any changes regarding script I'm sure someone will find a way to extract the voices form the resource files and import them to the PC version. Then you would have a PC version with voices for all situations except for the sex scenes.
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 20:09   Link #414
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Highly unlikely if the cast for the game is the same as in the anime since virtually none of the VAs do ero roles. There could be a report of the PS2 game to an all ages version for PC. But not an adult version, unless Leaf hires a new completely new set of VAs and records a new set of voicing. Which would be rather suprising.

Then again, if the PS2 version virtually is the PC version with stripped sex scenes and doesn't have any changes regarding script I'm sure someone will find a way to extract the voices form the resource files and import them to the PC version. Then you would have a PC version with voices for all situations except for the sex scenes.
Looking back, Leaf did cross-port a number of their games from PC to Console and back to PC again for the improved versions with voice etc. New versions of those PC games (To Heart PSE and Comic Party DCE) were all-age ones. I also want a Utawarerumono re-port to PC.
Old 2006-06-29, 20:12   Link #415
KhaS

Are there any games translated in english apart from Crescendo and Kana that are worth buying?
KhaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 07:32   Link #416
bishounen_blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuffy
Highly unlikely if the cast for the game is the same as in the anime since virtually none of the VAs do ero roles.
Are you sure about this? I know that many seiyu use false names when they are cast in ero games/ero anime. Such is the case for the cast of SHUFFLE! The same seiyu voiced the original ero PC game voiced the non-ero anime, but the names that appear in the credits are different. Perhaps the seiyu in Utawarerumono would voice an ero PC version if their names were to be changed in the credits.
bishounen_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 11:03   Link #417
Spuffy
オウカ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bishounen_blue
Are you sure about this? I know that many seiyu use false names when they are cast in ero games/ero anime. Such is the case for the cast of SHUFFLE! The same seiyu voiced the original ero PC game voiced the non-ero anime, but the names that appear in the credits are different. Perhaps the seiyu in Utawarerumono would voice an ero PC version if their names were to be changed in the credits.
The difference here is that Shuffle! was originally a voiced game. There isn't really a problem having a VA doing ero roles do the same role in a normal anime again. Such is the case with Yuko Gotou (Kaede) who does a large number of roles in games but also in regular anime. Then you have VAs that almost only do eroge roles and the animes based on those. Hiroko Taguchi and Hitomi to mention two. Then you have those who don't do ero roles at all. All VAs doing main roles in Utaware belong here. Like Ryouka Yuzuki (Eruruw). Well, actually she did have a role in Cool Devices, but that was quite a while ago.

You can look up the rest of the Utaware cast if you want. You can get the names here and look them up here. Just change the pulldown menu to 声優名 .
In the case with the ToHart2 (PS2) to ToHeart2 XRATED port, Leaf picked a cast that could be used for both. As you can see at the same page. Just search for ToHeart2 but change the menu to タイトル .
Spuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 13:00   Link #418
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaS
Are there any games translated in english apart from Crescendo and Kana that are worth buying?
Depends on what you like, really.
If you want something with a good story, Hourglass of Summer ,Eve Burst Error and Chain seem to be pretty good. Figures of Happiness is also good, though I've read mixed opinions on it.

For the other games, I'd need to know your tastes.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 18:22   Link #419
KhaS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
Depends on what you like, really.
If you want something with a good story, Hourglass of Summer ,Eve Burst Error and Chain seem to be pretty good. Figures of Happiness is also good, though I've read mixed opinions on it.

For the other games, I'd need to know your tastes.
Well, something along the lines of KgNE (only seen the anime) would be great. Something romantic, believable. Something tragic or comic is fine though not absolutely necessary.

Anyway thanks for your suggestions, I'll check them out!
KhaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-02, 04:34   Link #420
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

I got nearly all my games from http://www.g-collections.com. And I have to say my favorites are from ZYX. The art and the storylines are great!

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel