AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 13:08   Link #1441
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well, I wouldn't put it like THAT. Also, I admit that I kinda formulated my own feelings a bit too strongly as well. I really wished to just point out that to me, your post kind of SOUNDED like your opinion was fact. Because you were telling everyone that "it will become a disaster like it did before". You didn't actually say "this is fact", but your wording kind of implied that it was. Perhaps this was not your intent.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 04:31   Link #1442
Kakkou
Tch.

New key visual:

I uhh, dunno why they bothered making a new key visual for the remaining 8-ish episodes? Then again, it is Sinbad and his eight generals, so it's just service?

Also the first soundtrack will be out on the 27th of March and covers all the music used till the end of Balbad. Does this mean the remaining few eps will have a whole OST worth of music for the second soundtrack? >.> Seriously, how much are they planning to cover?
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-27, 08:58   Link #1443
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

If they can finish almost 70 chapters in 16-17 episodes then they sure can compress 20-24 into 7-8 remaining episodes.
Old 2013-01-28, 16:05   Link #1444
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Was this show on a break this week?
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-28, 17:14   Link #1445
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Don't think so, the raws are out.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 00:35   Link #1446
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

I don't really like to do the whole comparing with the manga thing and I usually let small things slide... But for this episode... Maybe because things are suppose to be the climatic battle and so expectations are higher, but the execution of everything in this episode just felt... Underwhelming.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 08:08   Link #1447
hawkeyesvn
The old ace of Arlington

I think your feeling probably come from this episode's animation quality. I notice that the quality of this episode dropped a lot. They even slow down most action scenes and make them look less thrilling ( Morgiana trying to dodge Black Djinn's attack, Sindbad getting pinched to the wall... ). IMO, they're stretching this episode for a good cliff hanger - They stopped right at the Arm Dealer realized Aladdin had obtained Solomon's Wisdom.

They probably want to end Balbadd arc at Ep.17. The remaining 7 episodes could be used for: information exposition, filler ( It's very funny ), introduction for new characters and an opening ending ( In case they want to make 2nd season ).
Old 2013-01-29, 08:11   Link #1448
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Yeah, slow is the word I would use to describe it.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 10:20   Link #1449
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

A definite drop in animation was notable, but it really was hard to be engaged at all. I felt no sense of chaos or anything. At some points it was difficult to work out what some characters were actually doing
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 11:24   Link #1450
ookamigirl

That black monster was really something.
Honestly, I wasn't surprised that Kassim turned into that.
He was always bad, right from the start.
Always giving Alibaba trouble...
It was nice Aladdin finally showed up. About time too.
Aladdin vs Judal. I'd like to see more of that.
Pretty intense episode this time!
Lots of action.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 13:28   Link #1451
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Very underwhelming in terms of animation quality and pacing, but enjoyable nonetheless.

"But this newly-returned Alladin seems like he'll be able to handle everything!"
"Hm... I guess I lose"

That one made me laugh.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 14:58   Link #1452
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

Episode 15: I like how everything was set-up, but it was slow paced. Trying to drag out is never good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post

These new characters around Sinbad are Djins? They look different than the usual blue one.
Old 2013-01-29, 15:02   Link #1453
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansonbee View Post
Episode 15: I like how everything was set-up, but it was slow paced. Trying to drag out is never good.

These new characters around Sinbad are Djins? They look different than the usual blue one.
Spoiler for answer:
Old 2013-01-29, 16:34   Link #1454
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode 15 felt very off. I think this has more to due with the pacing than the animation quality (which was indeed worse than usual, but not really disastrous). It's the first time an episode is so slow paced.
Old 2013-01-29, 17:27   Link #1455
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
"But this newly-returned Alladin seems like he'll be able to handle everything!"
"Hm... I guess I lose"

That one made me laugh.
This

I was waiting to see the new Aladdin and he already said he would lose.
Old 2013-01-29, 18:51   Link #1456
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeyesvn View Post
They probably want to end Balbadd arc at Ep.17. The remaining 7 episodes could be used for: information exposition, filler ( It's very funny ), introduction for new characters and an opening ending ( In case they want to make 2nd season ).
Not if the OP is any indication.

Spoiler for Stuff:
Old 2013-01-29, 22:58   Link #1457
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Really liking this series. I hope it will get a second season if there's more material to cover. I need to check out the manga after this.

[/TH][/TR][/table]
PreSage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-30, 10:41   Link #1458
willx
Nyaaan~~

Thought I'd pop in here as I just started watching this .. literally I watched episode 1 last night with my honey and she enjoyed it .. she burst out laughing when Aladdin put his face into the fat merchant's manboobs (MOOBS!)

I don't follow the manga series at all but it looks to be a fun imaginative ride!
Old 2013-02-01, 06:17   Link #1459
Kakkou
Tch.

Just watched the first BD volume and happened to spot a few minor changes:

One NSFW image (crudely drawn nudity). Other two comparisons are added blood.

...yeah, that first one...

Didn't do a side-by-side comparison while watching (not hardcore enough for that, sorry), so I'm not sure if there were any other differences. Those three were entirely by gut instinct. IMO there were still some parts that could've been retouched but at least they are doing some. It gives some hope that the more lackluster cuts in later episodes will have some improvements, especially the recent episode. >_>

It was fun watching the cast announcement event featuring Kaori Ishihara, Yuki Kaji, Haruka Tomatsu, Ryohei Kimura and Daisuke Ono on the bonus disc, especially the backstage footage. They kept repeating how nervous they were and it really showed. There was a hilarious moment where they were so nervous that none of them noticed Ishihara introduced herself as Alibaba's VA to the audience and Tomatsu ended up doing it too but realised it immediately. After that Kimura purposely did the same thing.

Last edited by Kakkou; 2013-02-03 at 03:53. Reason: Unfortunately, the "upgrades" featured in the top of the image is against the forum rules...
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-01, 07:18   Link #1460
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Episode 15 felt very off. I think this has more to due with the pacing than the animation quality (which was indeed worse than usual, but not really disastrous). It's the first time an episode is so slow paced.
Yeah it was the pacing, at the beginning which was most problematic.

They just gave us the old mental case of Alibaba being unable to over come his love for his brother over the reality a new republic for all people. I really hate it when anime drag it out like that. We've seen it before, don't make the audience watch it 3-4 times.

Anyway, the episode improved after Aladdin's dramatic entry.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, fantasy, shounen