Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-05-18, 15:34   Link #821
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
No, it makes it look cool. In fact it is one of the reasons I enjoy the series so much. How it takes itseff ridiculously serious. And I'm sure it's the same for many people here.
Such as me. I love the flashes and feathers and magical aura of the thing. As well as the pantsu, zettai ryouiki, and even folds of skin, lol. No wonder this show is so popular on 2channel.

The many characters are getting interesting, too. However, my favorite image of ep7 is this one of Taco Girl (far left):

More and more good seiyuus are joining the fray: Horie Yui, Kaida Yuki, Chihara Minori, Shimizu Ai, Morinaga Rika, Saiga Mitsuki, Asano Masumi, et al.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 16:53   Link #822
qmeister
Tsukkomi power!

This must be the biggest gathering of good seiyuu up until CANAAN rolls around, or is it Queen's Blade? :3

That aside, does Hisa's ahoge only pop up when she's being crafty? Also, it wasn't in the manga, was it?
qmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 18:02   Link #823
itisjustme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
Was I the only one that thought terminator before geass?
I thought Virgo from Saint Seiya actually, except she's not not kickass enough to do it with both eyes closed like Shaka.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 18:29   Link #824
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Such as me. I love the flashes and feathers and magical aura of the thing. As well as the pantsu, zettai ryouiki, and even folds of skin, lol. No wonder this show is so popular on 2channel.

The many characters are getting interesting, too. However, my favorite image of ep7 is this one of Taco Girl (far left):

More and more good seiyuus are joining the fray: Horie Yui, Kaida Yuki, Chihara Minori, Shimizu Ai, Morinaga Rika, Saiga Mitsuki, Asano Masumi, et al.
Aye Tacos is the best...Everyone else is getting silly serious and she's off sleeping or goofing off in the background.

This show sure does like to O.D. on the background commentary of the random audience crowds doesn't it though...We get it their super amazing awesome fantastic...If they weren't playing mahjong I'm sure they'd be curing cancer...Just stop already...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 19:27   Link #825
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

One thing I really love about Saki is that it explores a niche that has been left alone by almost every action, adventure, fighting or sports anime, series or japanese media:

ffa's

1v1's are cool and all, but they have been overused to hell. It will become all the cooler in the finals where the 4 schools are well matched.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-18, 22:38   Link #826
4Tran

I found episode 7 to be quite fun. Everything from the way the tiles are played to the commentary to the prominence of net games (and identities ) reminds me of Hikaru no Go, and that's a very good thing. Yuuki's antics and Touka's reactions in particular amuse me to no end. I'm really liking the way this season's three sports anime are turning out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Actually, I'm wondering... if there are 24 episodes and this is the 7th, even if I assume the 8th will be completely preparing for the start of the finals by the four teams, that's... 16 episodes to cover 5 rounds of play in the final match. On the one hand, I feel like that's a lot. On the other hand, there's at least 30 manga chapters to cover so maybe it's actually too little?
The show is paced about right to finish up the prefecture round, and set up the scene for the nationals. It'd be rather a shame if we didn't get at least that far and see Saki's "ultimate" rival.
Old 2009-05-18, 23:38   Link #827
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

The way Koromo are hyped up so far, it seems that we are going to reach the final of this tourney at the very least.

Although that lessen the suspense of knowing which 2 school advancing to the final .. and who meet who at semis All that left is to see how they play out.

I dont read the manga, nor do I play mahjong, ask DK, I been pestering everyone on my msn list about mahjong and I still find this series enjoyable at least for me.. It still inferior compared to Hikaru no Go or Shion no Ou for me, TBH.. but then those 2 are ranked quite high in my list of anime, maybe a higher tension episode will rank this series higher later on, we'll see.

I am still Etopen.. so Bonta, you can quit it go eat tacos or something >.>

Anyone find that one scene.. I forgot the timing, where Touka ojousama was cleverly drawn in such a way that made me think.. WTF pussy in my anime?
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 00:29   Link #828
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
The way Koromo are hyped up so far, it seems that we are going to reach the final of this tourney at the very least.

Although that lessen the suspense of knowing which 2 school advancing to the final .. and who meet who at semis All that left is to see how they play out.
Oh, we're definitely going to meet Kroomo.

As for knowing who's going to advance to the finals... They practically gave out three of the four in the first episode at the start of the tournament.

The semis are already over. At the end of ep. 7, the Kazekoshi captain asks who are the other 3 schools in the finals and the names of the schools are given.
Old 2009-05-19, 00:38   Link #829
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Oh wait yea.. its 4 team per game... not 2
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 01:02   Link #830
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

there's 19 more?

i thought this was only a 12 ep run. no way tacos can keep interest for that long

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 02:19   Link #831
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Oh, we're definitely going to meet Kroomo.
Koromo.

24 episode run so there's 17 more. Everyone will get their chance to shine in the last round. I think every one of the Ryuu team has some interesting talent, there's Geass Girl and Kitty Girl from Kazekoshi, mystery people from the last school, and of course, Kiyosumi team.

I predict at least 2 episodes each if not more for Taco, Mystery President who gets pros to owe her favors (?! I want this back story), Nodoka and at least 4-5 for Saki since every person at her table is sort of crazy good.

BTW, does anyone know why Geass Girl doesn't play the Captain round (different from being the captain of her team)? She says outright at the end of ep. 7 that the Kitty Girl is the 2nd best player on the team - presumably, the best is her - and we know that Kitty Girl plays the last round. So if she knows that Amae is going to play the captain round, why match up Kazekoshi's 2nd best player instead of the 1st?
Old 2009-05-19, 02:46   Link #832
FateAnomaly

I thought kitty girl play the first round? She won the match alone didn't she?

Anyway, Kazekoshi sure had it tough with a coach from hell. Ryuumonbuchi on the other hand seems to be a rather carefree team.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 02:54   Link #833
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

No, the Geass girl (the name is Fukuji Mihoko ) play the first round, while Kitty girl (Ikeda Kana) play the last one. I don't know her strategy over that, so I have no comment, not to mention she let Kana facing Koromo and Saki....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Ryuumonbuchi on the other hand seems to be a rather carefree team.
Ryuumonbuchi Touka, does it spark any idea?
Old 2009-05-19, 03:11   Link #834
FateAnomaly

Ya i know Touka is in charge. Btw she is one of my favourite types of characters. The ojou sama that is proud yet a little silly, serious yet fun.
Old 2009-05-19, 03:28   Link #835
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Yuuki's antics and Touka's reactions in particular amuse me to no end.
Yuuki just being Yuuki amuses me to no end. She's a very charming and fun character, one i'm not bored of at all.
Old 2009-05-19, 03:32   Link #836
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Technically we've already seen Koromo in an earlier episode, albeit for like 3 seconds and with no speaking or doing anything.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-19, 04:01   Link #837
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
I thought kitty girl play the first round? She won the match alone didn't she?

Anyway, Kazekoshi sure had it tough with a coach from hell. Ryuumonbuchi on the other hand seems to be a rather carefree team.
Eagle Hair Girl from Ryuumonbuchi was the one that won the match alone by crushing some poor school in the first round of the match.
Old 2009-05-19, 04:18   Link #838
FateAnomaly

Ah ok i just watched that part again and i misunderstood because some bystander said they won in a flash or something.

Anyway, not pitting strongest against strongest is a legitimate military tactic. To ensure victory, it is better to pit your best against their second best, your second best against their third and so forth. But i don't really think thats their plan though seeing the the kitty girl is their second best. It is probably more because the one eye girl choose to let kitty girl fight Koromo again as she did last year.
Old 2009-05-19, 05:37   Link #839
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Anyway, not pitting strongest against strongest is a legitimate military tactic. To ensure victory, it is better to pit your best against their second best, your second best against their third and so forth. But i don't really think thats their plan though seeing the the kitty girl is their second best. It is probably more because the one eye girl choose to let kitty girl fight Koromo again as she did last year.
Putting your worst player against Koromo is equally surrender .
But I guess you're right, she may try to let Kana go against Koromo to revenge their last battle.

Quote:
Technically we've already seen Koromo in an earlier episode, albeit for like 3 seconds and with no speaking or doing anything.
Sitting on the rooftop and looking scary are "something" that worth mentioned .
Old 2009-05-19, 05:46   Link #840
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

This anime makes me want the obviously-to-come Saki game. I think I heard rumors about a DS game (preferably a Mahjong game. duh) and I guess there won't be any problems importing it since it's region free.

Anyway, I wonder how scary it'd be to go against Nodochi myself.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
competition, mahjong, seinen