Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 10:57   Link #1382
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep30:
Old 2010-05-17, 15:35   Link #1383
amjzz

Episode 30 is already subbed so i dont think i need to use spoiler tags, that and the fact that im not going to spoiler anything relevant of this episode.

They added characters from past episodes, which made it even more hilarious than in the manga.

However, there is a part i didnt understood. What was bora really doing on episode 1?. He said he was "forcing pin up girls", my english is not very good so i dont really understand what it means. Lucy was also confused.
amjzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 15:54   Link #1384
Kafriel
Senior Guest

It means he was taking model shots, while in episode 1 he was implied to be involved in slavery and human trafficking (or was he? I don't really remember). The addition of previous characters was good, but Erza's 10 swords stole the show for me Can't wait for next week and the week after that one!
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 16:03   Link #1385
Rennir
Quietly Lurking
*Graphic Designer

Haha poor Marakov, having to be the leader of a guild that always gets in trouble with the council all the time. I kind of feel bad for him...
Old 2010-05-17, 19:08   Link #1386
blewin

Hilarious episode! Love the add in of characters from previous arcs, but I wish we could have seen more of Gray's ice in the play. Other than that..... well, not surprised about Laxus' identity as I've already read the manga.

Can't wait for next episode. Gonna be the best!! (wonder whether they're gonna finish it in one episode though. Hope not.... but if not, it'll prolly be a cliffhanger.)

Chrome Shelled Regios
blewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-17, 21:24   Link #1387
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Even doing some things simple as a play cant cant help but destroy every thing
Old 2010-05-18, 03:46   Link #1388
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blewin View Post
Can't wait for next episode. Gonna be the best!! (wonder whether they're gonna finish it in one episode though. Hope not.... but if not, it'll prolly be a cliffhanger.)
Pretty much impossible to fit it all into one episode. Probably three episodes at max.
Old 2010-05-18, 04:01   Link #1389
kxterr

I hope the anime series becomes a long running one since Fairy Tale has a lot of possibilities since its not limited like some animes...Example: Naruto limited to ninjas...Bleach limited to soul stuff...One Piece limited to pirates....Fairy Tail isnt limited to just mages...since it introduced other types of guilds and it also isnt bounded by a goal of any kind.
kxterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-18, 13:38   Link #1390
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 30:
Yeah that did surprise me. Overall, this was a hilarious episode. Next episode looks to be good too, can't wait.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 00:42   Link #1391
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxterr View Post
I hope the anime series becomes a long running one since Fairy Tale has a lot of possibilities since its not limited like some animes...Example: Naruto limited to ninjas...Bleach limited to soul stuff...One Piece limited to pirates....Fairy Tail isnt limited to just mages...since it introduced other types of guilds and it also isnt bounded by a goal of any kind.
I wouldn't say so... i mean while we have seen a mercenary guild it really wasn't worth much at all... Mage's have thus far been shown to be THE driving force. Mage's can be every bit as phsycially strong and fast as any fighter and they got magic on top of that... not to mention even with that i don't feel that Naruto, one piece, and fairy tail could be considered all that limited... sure everybody is a ninja/mage/pirate or such, but the authors give them such a wide range of abilities that you would not get a whole lot more by adding in other types... bleach is the only one i feel might be somewhat limited; since the shinigami are all limited to bankai, shikai and kido; ya they can get some decent variation but you know for most characters that once you see bankai you won't see much more from them.

Also, you have to recall, compared to bleach/naruto/one piece, fairy tail is still very young. It's not bounded by any goal only because it has not had time to show us a goal... frankly, with the missing steel and fire dragons on 777 there seems to be the makings of what may eventually develop into a central plotline.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 10:58   Link #1392
En3mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxterr View Post
It can be, there is still future for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
I wouldn't say so... i mean while we have seen a mercenary guild it really wasn't worth much at all... Mage's have thus far been shown to be THE driving force. Mage's can be every bit as phsycially strong and fast as any fighter and they got magic on top of that... not to mention even with that i don't feel that Naruto, one piece, and fairy tail could be considered all that limited... sure everybody is a ninja/mage/pirate or such, but the authors give them such a wide range of abilities that you would not get a whole lot more by adding in other types... bleach is the only one i feel might be somewhat limited; since the shinigami are all limited to bankai, shikai and kido; ya they can get some decent variation but you know for most characters that once you see bankai you won't see much more from them.

Also, you have to recall, compared to bleach/naruto/one piece, fairy tail is still very young. It's not bounded by any goal only because it has not had time to show us a goal... frankly, with the missing steel and fire dragons on 777 there seems to be the makings of what may eventually develop into a central plotline.
I take it you don't read the manga. Fair enough. ^^
What you mention is not really true. The only ones who are extremely physycially strong too are the Dragon Slayers, thus far we haven't seen a mage that is strong like this or has an amazing speed, except ofc those that their magic is like that.
It's true that Fairy tail is still new compared to the 3 big anime but the possibilities for it are so many that i wouldn't be surpised if in the future i hear about 4 big anime ~

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
En3mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:42   Link #1393
ekisman

Who is the pirate-like guy that erza hugged??

Then, correct me if I'm wrong but did taurus just showed up without being summoned by Lucy!?
ekisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:52   Link #1394
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ The pirate was the owner of the ship Erza hitched in the middle of nowhere to get to Garuna island. Taurus indeed showed up without Lucy summoning him.
Quote:
The only ones who are extremely physycially strong too are the Dragon Slayers, thus far we haven't seen a mage that is strong like this or has an amazing speed, except ofc those that their magic is like that.
Erza has immense power, since her magic is actually support-type, and I doubt Elfman's muscles are just for show.
Quote:
It's true that Fairy tail is still new compared to the 3 big anime but the possibilities for it are so many that i wouldn't be surprised if in the future i hear about 4 big anime ~
While it isn't impossible, it really is way too early. Give it at least a year and then we'll see if it's just another long-running show or the center of attention.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 11:53   Link #1395
En3mick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekisman View Post
Who is the pirate-like guy that erza hugged??

Then, correct me if I'm wrong but did taurus just showed up without being summoned by Lucy!?
The captain in the pirate ship that Erza hi-jacked when she went to the island to bring back natsu and lucy + Gray.

Yeah, she didn't summoned him, i guess he felt that she was naked at that moment and he couldn't miss the chance

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
En3mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-19, 12:07   Link #1396
ekisman

Quote:
Originally Posted by En3mick View Post
Yeah, she didn't summoned him, i guess he felt that she was naked at that moment and he couldn't miss the chance
As someone who isn't a pervert but just true to his desires, I know I don't want to miss that chance too.
ekisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-21, 18:24   Link #1397
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lolz ep 30 was just the lolz, seeing Erza stutter in animated form really was a treat

I like how they managed to slip a tsundere in the crowd, very nicely done
Old 2010-05-21, 19:16   Link #1398
Tiberium Wolf

Geh! Ep 30 animation was bad! No consistency. It just go up down up down up down etc. I think this ep 30 was the worst of all. Some parts were so bad that I have no words for it.
Old 2010-05-21, 20:41   Link #1399
kitten320

Ok, I'm new to this show and have just finished watching all 30 episodes. Had heard recomendations for it so decided to take a look... Well what can I say... I can't call it the greatest show ever but then again Naruto and Bleach are also not great (duno why shows like that always got SO popular) but anyway.

At first it looked kinda boring but as story started to progress and have actual connection instead of mini arcs, it got better. Also liked that all guild members had a moment to shy though I wish that some of them would get more attention.

Natsu is a typical idiotic main character with courage though... but I kinda like all the charcters.
Really wish for Mira to get her powers back and see her in action. And even though it was shown only in flashbacks, I still wish to see more of that old side of hers. And it is kinda sad that she and Ersa don't fight anymore but oh well...

All the minus is lack of actual injuries and blood... just bruises even when they say "Look! your body got cut to shreds!". There is really no difference between how the damage looks what is annoying...

But I'll stick with the show and will see howit will progress further.

About episode 30... Erza was excited about the whole play but when she actually got on stage she got all nerves? That was un-expected...

P.S. By the way I never understood all those complaints about animation. I had basicly watched all episodes in a raw out of boredom and for me animation seemed to be same everywhere 0_o
What's the difference?
Old 2010-05-21, 23:24   Link #1400
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Stage fright is sometime "NOT" so funny when it happened to you, seriously

Gave a hell out of a chuckles from everyone else tho
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote