Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-03-19, 01:30   Link #1121
Sol Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
"BRS has so much preorders" pt.2
Well, it should be noted that in the case of BRS Amazon preorder rankings do not reflect the full picture, although I see from the graph that the Amazon rankings are actually doing pretty okay. The thing is that Amazon is generally the most popular online sales vendor because they have special discounts versus standard retail prices which makes Amazon generally the cheapest place to buy any anime. However, in the case of BRS you could say that Amazon actually probably isn't the most popular vendor because of the special exclusive figma of IBRS. IBRS is only included if you buy the boxset from certain other online vendors like Amiami, which I believe specializes in anime figures specifically. When you hear talk about BRS having maxed out preorders, that generally refers to websites like Amiami.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 04:43   Link #1122
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

For those interested in WRS posting this

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3502/...4f9db3b0e7.jpg

Custom though...
Old 2012-03-19, 11:19   Link #1123
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iby View Post
"BRS has so much preorders" pt.2
As logically expected, given how they they decided to stick to the slice of lice life nonsense

Last edited by Malkuth; 2012-03-20 at 00:47. Reason: LMAO@ what lice means, didn't know
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-19, 13:30   Link #1124
dan-heron

Malkuth, could you make some sense?
dan-heron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 04:50   Link #1125
ninryu
It's yuri, bitches

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-heron View Post
nah, it was pretty fun. There are a few gifs with an infinite loop of Yuu banging Insane around.
Really? Where? Bring one.
ninryu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 05:09   Link #1126
velderia
Former NEET.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
If there's one thing we can all agree on (maybe?), however, it's that the action is mind-blowing. They've far exceeded all my expectations (which to be fair weren't very high before the show started ). I have nothing but praise for Sanzigen, they're showing everybody how you do 3D animation properly.
Totally agree! The 3D in this is crazy awesome and blew my mind. When I first watched the trailer I was nervous when I noticed it but now I can't imagine the fight scenes without it!
velderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-20, 09:29   Link #1127
dan-heron

has all the Otherworld scene been 3d, with the exception of Strength's flashback? Or they changed to traditional for other bits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
Really? Where? Bring one.
well...
Spoiler for gif:
Old 2012-03-20, 17:21   Link #1128
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-heron View Post
has all the Otherworld scene been 3d, with the exception of Strength's flashback? Or they changed to traditional for other bits?

well...
Spoiler for gif:
I laughed and then felt bad for poor Insane Black Rock Shooter.
Old 2012-03-22, 13:45   Link #1129
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Review + Episode 8 (end):
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 16:00   Link #1130
dan-heron

yeah, a single episode or montage like they had in the OVA to show Mato and Yomi's friendship would have made me very happy.

Anyway, that final attack...
Is anybody else reminded of TTGL and Pretty Cures All Stars?
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...c51co1_250.gif
http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...c51co2_250.gif
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...c51co3_500.gif
http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...c51co4_250.gif
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m1...c51co5_250.gif

Last edited by Solace; 2012-03-22 at 18:12. Reason: Spoiler tags do not prevent huge gifs from loading.
Old 2012-03-22, 16:23   Link #1131
Kazu-kun

Well, the relationship between Yomi and Mato was kinda sidelined at the end. I find it a bit odd, considering the series website pitched Yomi and Mato's friendship as the axis of the series. That's ultimately not true. If anything the other central figure along with Mato was Yuu, not Yomi. Talk about a disappointment.
Old 2012-03-22, 18:04   Link #1132
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Now that is a cannon!
Old 2012-03-22, 19:21   Link #1133
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Overall, it didn't have the great vibes from the OAV.
The end was okay, still.

I just don't get BRS's last line.
Mato already told you she want to get hurt by herself. Take a break !!
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:24   Link #1134
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

One thing has been bothering me for a while

Shouldn't Yuu be much older then Mato and co., I mean Saya was in high school and Yuu was in elementry school (for arguement sake). Now Saya is early 20s (I really don't know her age, I just picked something that make the most sense) and shouldn't Yuu be at least in high school

Or when Strength exchange bodies with Yuu, and Yuu stop aging

I think boys have a different alternative world than girls
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:38   Link #1135
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I find it a bit odd, considering the series website pitched Yomi and Mato's friendship as the axis of the series. That's ultimately not true. If anything the other central figure along with Mato was Yuu, not Yomi. Talk about a disappointment.
Ever heard of a false premise?

I didn't want a retread of the OVA, which is what that would have been, and in the end I got something very different. I'm quite pleased, frankly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Or when Strength exchange bodies with Yuu, and Yuu stop aging
Did you ever notice that Strength never had a shadow when in Yuu's body? She seems to not completely exist.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 19:50   Link #1136
Elestia

Bleh. Since I was really hyped between the final showdown between BRS and IBRS, I couldn't help but feel really let down by the fight. We've always had great fighting scenes in the otherworld but surprisingly the final fight between BRS and IBRS really fell flat on its face. The battle between the two in the beginning was one-sided and only ended until at the the very last moment where literally sunshine and rainbows defeat IBRS. What a FABULOUS way to end things

The talking scenes were just awkward as well. We are acquainted with nothing but mindless action but here we have minutes of talking in the final fight. When IBRS and Mato were talking it felt like I was watching an episode of Red Vs Blue again. They were awkwardly standing there like statues and there heads simply bobbed up and down without their mouths moving at all. We also got some things that were never explained such as why Strength started to vanish from everyone's mind, making more of a deus ex plot device to have Mato merge with BRS.

Honestly, the setup for the story and characters are probably the worst offenders. We are introduced right off the bat to Kagari and reveals the dysfunctional relationship between her and Yomi. Sure, Kagari hits all the right notes for being a psychopath but it doesn't add to the overall emotional investment to the story. The presentation and delivery of the story is constantly marred by the over the top actions by its characters. It crosses the line when Kagari intentionally threw herself down the stairs, the indifference of Yomi's mother, and 5 minutes screaming exposition at the hospital scene. None of these ham-handed writing complements the already over-the-top action sequences we get in the otherworld.

We do not have the luxury of time to get to know the characters, nor do I feel any personal attachment to the characters on a personal level. Yomi's personality is extremely hard to like since her character has remained one-dimensional. Between her constant depression, crazy antics (and faces too!), bouts of jealousy, and playing the role as the victim I did not find any sort of sympathy or empathy towards her. It may be because her OVA counterpart was done much better and I'm unconsciously comparing the two, but the writers need to really take a lesson on subtle writing. Ironically, Strength is probably the most likeable character in the entire series because she is the most sane character out there despite the fact she originated from the otherworld, go figure. It says a lot when the entity born from a world created by the negative emotions of adolescent girls is the sanest girl in the show.

Then we have the sudden exposition dumps that do try to make some connecting plots points between the real world and otherworld. However, rather than focusing on one aspect the studio decides to make them compete for our attention. There are no breaks from the emotional roller coaster being shoved into the episodes. We rarely get to see the other side to any of the characters aside from their depressed or crazy mental states. The overly melodramatic scenes complicated by convoluted developments to tie everything together within the limited eight episodes certainly does nothing to keep things easy to understand. If you have a deadline to keep that has already been cut, you are essentially shooting yourself in the foot when you try to resolve everything at once. It doesn't help when you write the story to have almost all the girls go through a mental breakdown or severe emotional trauma. This is why the exposition dumps for past couple of episodes becomes forgettable, because by that time you are far more interested in what happens in the otherworld.

Overall, the series was a disappointment. The only saving grace was the outstanding action sequences we got in the other world. The use of CG was something other studios should take note of on how to do CG fights.

Onto the bad. The characters were horribly written with overly pretentious, melodramatic delivery that failed to fulfill the intended goal of caring for the girls. The strange utilization of higurashi-styled faces, courtesy by Kagari and Yomi, were unintentionally hilarious to watch and more evidence of unnecessary melodrama. In the end nothing is really made clear, is BRS a good guy or bad guy? Does BRS continue to fight with the girl's alter-egos? Why did Strength suddenly start vanishing from everyone's memory?
Old 2012-03-22, 20:00   Link #1137
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I'm quite pleased, frankly.
To each their own, but you're wrong on this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I didn't want a retread of the OVA, which is what that would have been.
No at all. Just using the same main characters in no way means to have the same story from the OVA. There's a gazillion of different stories that could be told using the same characters. It all depends on the writers' creativity.

In any case, I wasn't expecting a retread of the OVA; all I wanted is what was advertised: a story about Mato and Yomi.
Old 2012-03-22, 22:11   Link #1138
Kakkou
Tch.

Couldn't bring myself to really feel anything about this show till the end. Even the emotional scenes got nothing but a blank expression from me. The action in the alternate world was the only saving grace.

I also couldn't help but keep reading Mato's lines about wanting to hurt and be hurt together as some sort of kinky S&M play.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-22, 22:35   Link #1139
Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Couldn't bring myself to really feel anything about this show till the end. Even the emotional scenes got nothing but a blank expression from me. The action in the alternate world was the only saving grace.

I also couldn't help but keep reading Mato's lines about wanting to hurt and be hurt together as some sort of kinky S&M play.
I think ep 8 is Kagerou's (Inu X Boku SS) favourite anime episode.
Old 2012-03-22, 22:39   Link #1140
Animexcel

R.I.P. Tiro Finale
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, slice of life