AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-29, 21:07   Link #241
kniteowl

^well there are hints that Sue could possibly like Madarame

I borrowed these from Sporeblog

Quote:
Every action had two ways of looking at it and the possibility of an ulterior motive.
Madarame was probably the closest male companion Sue had, with the possibly exception Sasahara.
Her interference between Angela & Mada, was it merely to protect him or something else?
Her kiss, was it really just to get him to intervene on Hato's conversation?
Her catching Keiko pulling on Mada's tie, was very reminiscent of when Ogiue caught Sasahara pulling Mada's tie.
Her mention of finding new love to Mada.
Oh yeah and there was a Omake Chapter where Madarame was carrying Sue on his shoulders from the original Genshiken.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:17   Link #242
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kniteowl View Post

Spoiler for chapter 84:
I don't remember seeing her acting otaku (speaking using only reference) like that around Madarame since she joined the Genshiken. Could be that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
Spoiler:
You haven't been on 4chan much, haven't you?
And being supporting has nothing to do with having a crush. I've seen it with my own eyes.

Kio did drop a bunch of subtle hints since the beginning of school festival. The only thing we haven't seen is what's inside her head.

Now that I mention it, I have never known what she was/is thinking.
Old 2013-01-29, 21:57   Link #243
Vicious108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Spoiler for 84:
It's Sue. She's basically an animal as far as expressing herself goes. Plus, it was just a comic relief, anime-inspired kick in the butt.

As for the rest, as well as this...

Quote:
^well there are hints that Sue could possibly like Madarame

I borrowed these from Sporeblog

Oh yeah and there was a Omake Chapter where Madarame was carrying Sue on his shoulders from the original Genshiken.
I gotta say, to me those look more like something Bakuman mentioned - foreshadowing that wasn't initially supposed to be foreshadowing, but was retroactively turned into it. But that's just my impression, it's certainly possible that Kio really had it in mind all along. Personally, I doubt it, but it's possible.

Also I really don't recall Sue showing particular closeness to anyone outside of her circle of Angela and Ohno and later on Ogiue later, but maybe that's because it's been a long time since I've read any past chapter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You haven't been on 4chan much, haven't you?
And being supporting has nothing to do with having a crush. I've seen it with my own eyes.
No, and it's an entirely conscious choice.
And the point is that she seemingly attempted to get Madarame and Hato closer together, which would be a rather illogical thing to do if she truly was into the former. It'd be like Madarame pushing for Saki to get closer to Kousaka.

Ultimately though, the believability of this storyline will depend on what Kio does from this point on. And I have to echo the sentiment that I certainly wouldn't mind seeing Sue become a full-fledged character, rather than just a (admittedly entertaining) mascot character.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-29, 22:07   Link #244
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicious108 View Post
It'd be like Madarame pushing for Saki to get closer to Kousaka.
Which is a realistic thing. Twice in my life I've seen something like that. Even my current situation isn't that much different. There are people who don't want to be in relationship, but couldn't help falling in love.

I know that being realistic in one's eyes is entirely depending on their experience with life, so I could understand why would you think it doesn't make sense for such thing to happen, but it's too hasty to brush it off just because you don't believe it.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:25   Link #245
Vicious108

Quote:
Which is a realistic thing. Twice in my life I've seen something like that. Even my current situation isn't that much different. There are people who don't want to be in relationship, but couldn't help falling in love.

I know that being realistic in one's eyes is entirely depending on their experience with life, so I could understand why would you think it doesn't make sense for such thing to happen, but it's too hasty to brush it off just because you don't believe it.
I'm not saying I believe it to be impossible. Yeah, it's easy enough to come up with reasons for that as well, e.g. NTR fetish, a self-defeating "as long as my beloved is happy, I don't mind if it is without me!" attitude, "it wouldn't work out between us", etc.

I do find it to be, however, much rarer than the standard behavior in such a situation, which is obviously to try and win over your crush instead of giving them up to "love rivals". Hence my sentiment that the opposite wouldn't be as logical or believable, especially since I don't see a socially inept screwball like Sue having those type of considerations or restraints in mind.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:40   Link #246
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I see you don't really understand my point. It's about "I don't want to be in relationship" attitude, but can't help falling in love. I didn't say anything regarding NTR fetish. What I said mostly about people who think if they push the person they like toward another one, it would be easier for them to giving up. It's not much different in Madarame's way of thinking, honestly.

And I don't know about your place, but such things are a common way of thinking in my culture. I don't really think it's strange or weird here.
Old 2013-01-29, 22:57   Link #247
Vicious108

Quote:
I see you don't really understand my point. It's about "I don't want to be in relationship" attitude, but can't help falling in love. I didn't say anything regarding NTR fetish. What I said mostly about people who think if they push the person they like toward another one, it would be easier for them to giving up. It's not much different in Madarame's way of thinking, honestly.

And I don't know about your place, but such things are a common way of thinking in my culture. I don't really think it's strange or weird here.
Oh lawd. I understand the rationale behind your "point" just fine, you're the one who doesn't understand something much simpler - I don't care about your particular case. I said it was still easy to come up with reasons for Sue's behavior and listed some examples (and you'll notice I included an "etc", meaning those weren't supposed to be THE ONLY POSSIBLE REASONS). You didn't relate to any of them and your own reason for engaging in similar behavior wasn't included (though the "self-defeating" part wasn't too far off), so what? This isn't about you, it's about a fictional character who doesn't necessarily think like you and could have different reasons for her actions.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:15   Link #248
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I don't think I'm trying to make you care, either. I only want to show you that it's not unbelievable or impossible. The fictional character could be based on the author's perception and experience, and it's easy to just say it's unrealistic because you can't relate to what he/she's thinking. The only reason you felt it's "forced" because it doesn't happen around you.

But that's enough. I don't see this is going anywhere. The hints were dropped here and there, but how one interpreted it is subjective. You could say it came out of nowhere, but I've seen people speculate Sue x Mada even at the beginning of Nidaime.
Old 2013-01-29, 23:41   Link #249
Vicious108

Quote:
I don't think I'm trying to make you care, either. I only want to show you that it's not unbelievable or impossible. The fictional character could be based on the author's perception and experience, and it's easy to just say it's unrealistic because you can't relate to what he/she's thinking. The only reason you felt it's "forced" because it doesn't happen around you.
Jesus Christ, you have the worst reading comprehension out of anyone I've ever encountered on the Internet.

I never said "pushing the person one likes towards another so it'll be easier for them to give up" is unbelievable, impossible, unrealistic or forced. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Now, listen and pay close attention so I don't have to repeat myself yet again. I perfectly and completely understand your little rationale of "oh I don't want to in a relationship, but I fell in love with this person, so now I'm going to try and push them to be with someone else, so it'll be easier for me to give up on them", but that's beside the point.

The point is, even if that's your reason for engaging in such behavior, it is not necessarily Sue's. And as I've already shown, I can think of a bunch of other reasons for her action of pushing Madarame towards Hato. HOWEVER, this does not mean I don't understand your reason, only that I find it less likely to apply to Sue, taking into consideration her personality, something you fail to do.

Furthermore, and this is where you completely failed in reading comprehension, what I said was unrealistic/unbelievable/forced was her crush on Madarame as a whole. Not her action of pushing him towards Hato despite being in love with him. I can easily think of reasons for that, as well as understand the one you cite, which is indeed a possible one, but not the only one, nor the most likely one if you take the character into consideration.
Old 2013-01-30, 13:16   Link #250
typhonsentra

I don't think we're supposed to take Sue's scene as anything but comic relief. She isn't supposed to be a developed character.
typhonsentra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 22:38   Link #251
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

With current chapter, it's hard to say that.

Btw, did anyone read Spotted Flower from the same artist? It looks like a manga about Saki x Madarame if you ask me. Pretty sweet, though.
Old 2013-03-02, 02:36   Link #252
kniteowl

Sporeblog just release the Genshiken Volume 13 Extra, the mini after chapter omake stuff and Saki had a conversation with Ohno and OHno revealed Sue doesn't peek people on the cheek at all because she was a bit of a loner.

So if anything... Sue peeked Madarame on the cheek in the heat of the moment and most likely wouldn't do it with any other guy. Although I don't really see Madarame and Sue as close. She does seem to have a lot of trust in Madarame ever since she force him to carry her on his shoulders way back.
Old 2013-03-03, 00:54   Link #253
il_capitano
tea for universe

This manga really isn't what it used to be, is it? I mean, it has us here talking about the romantic possibilities between Madarame and Sue, a character that was originally created to have all the seriousness of the Tasmanian Devil from Looney Tunes.

Of course, I say that, and yet I still read and look forward to my dose of Madarame's Harem Adventures every month. Go figure.
il_capitano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-10, 20:49   Link #254
Alhazred

It appears that Spore will no longer be scanlating this, by request of Kodansha.
Alhazred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-11, 22:46   Link #255
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Chapters for both Spotted Flower and Niidaime are out.

For Spotted Flower — Not!Saki is definitely getting desperate for some action. And is just me, but does Not!Madrame look even MORE like Madarame now? Talk about Art Evolution in the opposite direction. Too bad the game she just opted to make her move with... is about Traps. Whoops.

As for Niidaime — we FINALLY see the use of the Children's Literature Club library for snooping again (with the victims this time Madarame and Hato). When was the last time this was used? Prior to the graduation, methinks.

Hilariously, the sharks... I mean, haremettes are now circling around Madarame it seems. First Hato, then Madarame's sister, THEN Sue. This will be messy, for sure.
Old 2013-03-12, 01:15   Link #256
kniteowl

Gosh I love Sue...

She supports Hato/Madarame but is against Keiko/Watanabe (Keiko nicknamed him that for some reason) Makes me wonder if she'd in denial of a Sue/Madarame lol.

With Sporeblog no longer translating Genshiken, I won't be able to get my monthly Genshiken fix anymore. Hopefully someone else picks it up.
Old 2013-03-24, 14:42   Link #257
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Oh Jesus. Sue just ripped opened that can of worms.
But I really hope this is not the end...!
Old 2013-03-31, 21:47   Link #258
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Well, let's not say that Sue isn't direct about things like this.

Also I think this is the FIRST time we've ever been privy to Sue's thoughs. Indeed, many of the thought bubbles are hers.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2013-03-31 at 22:00.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-01, 02:56   Link #259
kniteowl

Sue is a lot more forward then Ohno made her out to be in the omakes. she attack Hato without any fear.

Although I still believe Sue has a thing for Madarame regardless of her denial of it.
Old 2013-04-03, 05:58   Link #260
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Chapters for both Spotted Flower and Niidaime are out.
Must look for Genshiken...

Quote:
Gosh I love Sue...
Ditto. I didn't think much of her when she was first introduced, but now, she threatens to steal the entire manga when she shows up. *lol*

Quote:
With Sporeblog no longer translating Genshiken, I won't be able to get my monthly Genshiken fix anymore. Hopefully someone else picks it up.
Someone did. They just aren't broadcasting it much.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen